REDDIT IS SO FUCKING CANCER I CANT EVEN GET CONSTRUCTIVE OPINIONS

REDDIT IS SO FUCKING CANCER I CANT EVEN GET CONSTRUCTIVE OPINIONS

I need a Ubuntu alternative. Debian vs Fedora?

I do some work, run VirtualBox VMs on my ThinkPad, and do a little bit of Steam gaming (N++ and CSGO)

Opinions?

P.S. I do not care about my reddit username :)

Attached: PicsArt_04-06-05.00.27.jpg (818x6404, 1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/mark-shuttleworth-is-not-selling-canonical-or-ubuntu-yet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go back

Golden rule; if you have to ask, the answer is Ubuntu.
I am a Free Software advocate so I would primarily recommend Trisquel (Ubuntu minus non-free). If you don't care about your Freedom, the answer is Ubuntu.
It's hard for me to offer you assistance beyond this as I find it really hard to imagine being so utterly unable to make a decision based on simple research.

Attached: makingdecisionforanidiotOP.jpg (800x420, 303K)

Not only did your ignorance show in that Reddit post, but you explicitly screenshotted the entire thing, and came to us for validation.

Here is your validation nigger: drink bleach you paranoid faggot

hey look, it is not bad to ask for opinions to jump distros

it is my fault i went there to ask, and i regret it, okay? now help me. im a weeb like yall 4channel bois

microfuck buying canonical is a rumour running rounds, so i am evaluating my opinions

reddit is a bad place to ask for opinions, and i simply showed that. there is no need for validation, there is no karma and username crap here

If you want to learn, the answers are Arch and Gentoo (hard and lunatic mode respectively).
If you only want to fuck around with Linux a little and aren't really serious about it, Ubuntu.

Attached: 1542641179212.gif (540x303, 2.74M)

Fuck off, you are fucking retarded

Source for MS buying Canonical?

There is nothing more cringey than super long reddit arguments where you won't stop replying.

look, i tried really hard to be nice and ask, hoping he would stop trolling but he did not, so i came here

>Arch fag doesn't know his distro has proprietary code

I think less of people who like anime

you're a faggot kys

Fedora if you like latest/greatest software and don't mind doing an in-place upgrade every six months.
Debian if you don't want to be bothered with upgrades and older software. Or, if you need server-grade stability.

First i need to call you a faggot
Now thats out of the way use Linux Mint Cinnamon
For anonymity use Tails

debian it is for me then, thanks user

/thread

zdnet.com/article/mark-shuttleworth-is-not-selling-canonical-or-ubuntu-yet/

it is a rumour and it may be possible, so i am evaluating my options

>Even so, in a show floor conversation, Shuttleworth said, "No, I value my independence.". That's not to say he's not willing to listen to proposals. But he has his own vision for Canonical and Ubuntu Linux. If someone were to make him an offer, which would leave him in charge of both and help him further his plans, then he might go for it. Maybe.
You are freaking out over nothing.

You are wanting to use Steam, Virtualbox,...
I can see what will happen. You don't have a clue, will refuse to go out and learn for yourself, so you'll follow shitty online tips/hints and completely fuck up your Debian install with tons of proprietary shite to get stuff working.
You'll end up with a crappy barstardised Debian install that will be worse than if you just stuck with Ubuntu. You'll probably had an abortion of a sources list with endless repos that you copy pasted off a how to rice your dekstop website.

>Debian vs Fedora?

Debian is for servers.
It has very old old stable packages.
You can get around this by using Debian Testing but its unstable shit.
It is NOT for desktop use unless you're a freetard who wants to circlejerk with others about your *pure* install

Out of those 2, Fedora.
Fedora is almost flawless except for its 6 month release cycle. Would be better rolling so you could just keep updating.
But you won't get Steam running easily on anything other than some variant of Ubuntu btw. Even then it may be a stretch.

Retard detected

Fedora is better
But if you have more free time install gentoo

Attached: 1554510524640.jpg (651x720, 89K)

You clearly know nothing about GNU/Linux you idiot.

Oh and by the way, reddit is right on this instance.
You're an idiot.

The kernel is under version control NOW so any suspicious change would be fairly obvious. But there is a massive backlog of work from pre-git that could have let suspicious code sneak in.
Also the kernel is so big it's not completely checked or understood. Devs just work on their own isolated little bit.

There's also the issue of binary blobs which you can't inspect.

leave and dont come back dumbass

>But you won't get Steam running easily on anything other than some variant of Ubuntu btw. Even then it may be a stretch.

Attached: 1552851472711.jpg (662x900, 52K)

You're a fucking retard, go back

Fuck off. I miss the days when Redditors would be chased out on sight for even hinting that they frequented the place.

Attached: 1542444141599.jpg (600x640, 196K)

You make a compelling argument.
Well I'm convinced.

Here's you constructive opinion,

You're a retard.

Install arch like other r*dditors

Attached: 1553805676569.png (920x900, 443K)

Everyone here knows this. Why do you think everyone makes fun of Reddit and Redditors? It's the fact that you got BTFO'd on Reddit and posted it here.

Op is gay and retarded

i fucked yo mama when you were born, i shouldve worn a condom that day

suck my cock waifu

Steam does not need a hundred abortion packages to be installed from shitty pajeet blog posts, it works OOTB

Windows cause op sucks dicks

This was true on Fedora, but actually installing and running a game, no

NOU

Attached: JPEG_20190404_185150.png (59x59, 5K)

Other than you suck, I would go with fedora

Go for Debian. Light and good. Fedora is developed by Red Hat, I wouldnt trust them, so fuck those trannies

Based and true

i have similar feelings user

Do redditors trigger you, snowflake?

stop shitting, i made a mistake and i corrected that

Ubuntu minimal and install shit as needed.

Simple as.

Redditors are retarded. There is a fine line difference between getting muhh triggered and getting annoyed by some karma whoring retards.

LMAO that OP is retarded

>the old days
>obsessing over reddit
Drink bleach, post-2013 cancer.

Fucking cringe (the k900 dude, that is)
Go with Fedora because with Debian, you'll need to add repos and shit every time you want to install something. Also Debian is getting bought out by Google.
Best of luck, user.

Attached: 1552660745222.jpg (731x588, 91K)

Holy shit learn to ask better questions

S H I T T H R E A D

jesus christ, your answers are horrible.
and I say that as a redditor. you really don't have any arguments

>As a redditor
Get the fuck outta here, retard. Niggers like you and OP need to fuck off from here

unironically install gentoo
or xubuntu(or whatever the fuck the xfce ubuntu is called)

What sort of answers did you expect with a shit question like that?

>imolying Jow Forums isn't already filled with redditors
i thought Jow Forums users were smarter. turns out you're a retard

Attached: 6hke.jpg (1329x1366, 264K)

Unironically the best port in this thread.

What a stupid get. Fuck off

Steam runs pretty smoothly on arch... Get it from multilib, and just start it you useless shill. Some titles run even better than on windowns

>reddit provides useful information
>FUCKING CANCER
you're not even reddit-tier cancer
go back to ifunny, nigger

t-thanks.

Attached: 1536673635112.png (1024x1024, 80K)

ive been visiting this site and reddit for the past 6 years
how does that make you feel?

Everyone on Reddit calls you retarded and then you post this here so you can feel better. Go back to 9gag.

Imagine being so new that you believe scaring away Reddit users was the norm on Jow Forums.

you are retarded kys user

Arch isn't even fucking hard; it's just time-consuming because of all the reading and setup decisions you have to make.

thanks user happy that people like you exist

are you serious about Debian being bought out?

mods should ban you

fuck off plebbitor kys

Powerful stuff

assuming you use ipoo retard

>REDDIT IS SO FUCKING CANCER
>uses Jow Forums.

Reddit is shit and Jow Forums too, shame on you!

kys and keep your ghost away from 4ch

You got btfo there and you're getting btfo here.

i dual boot 10/mint
but the other redditor was right
OP is a fucking retard who is trying to get confirmation that he's right about everything

Why would you ask reddit such a simple question? Lurk moar Jow Forumsetard and figure it out yourself. Learn to ask actual questions. Just try dual booting with Fedora 29 kde or xfce spin. Stop being such a faggot

Attached: 1552451884142.png (500x500, 141K)

Back you go

those are big words, are you sure you're able to use them correctly?

gentoo is like arch, but more time consuming because of compiling and trying to figure out what fucking flags you need

He was right though

steam simply uses ubuntu *.so and place it inside ~/.steam/something/steam-runtime
then it set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.steam/something/steam-runtime/lib, so the running executable uses steam *.so instead of your /usr/lib
so you can run steam on whatever distro you're using, since it doesn't use your distro's *.so

what are your lads favorite subreddits? :]

r/Jow Forums and r/memes are the only good subs :]
nice quads btw

>having a reddit account

The only good Jow Forums4chan posts are people ironically sharing mundane things

I have arch and gentoo roots with common /home. I've been using Gentoo since 2004-ish and Arch since 2014-ish.
Gentoo is tolerable, but high maintenance.
Arch is the most low-effort, convenient distro ever. More than Debian or Fedora. It definitely isn't decision hell or fucking hard, unless you're a total n00b, in which case it'll do you good to use it, too.

Attached: 1553367222762.png (1000x1593, 1.54M)

Devuan and \thread

>Ms bad!
>Valve good!