SAMSUNG PROFITS FALL 60%

>paying 1000$ for Chinkphone A vs 100$ for Chinkphone B

When did people finally realize that all chinkphones are created equal?

Attached: 9B616170-89B0-4333-B73B-FA2F8648A125.jpg (1542x1606, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i-cs.at/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10875903
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SALES DOWN 14%
PROFITS DOWN 60%

Not suprisingly, no one wants to play $1K for a phone

No wonder the China companies are getting all the customers while Samshit and Applel is warning about low sales and profit warnings

When the fuck did phones go from being 200$ on contract to fuckig 1000$? What a fucking scam.

When they became mandatory fashion accessory also replacing the pc and tv.

>with chip prices falling as global supply increases and demand weakens
AKA, when you can't control market price anymore.
They're clearly not just talking about the smartphone segment, but also the memory segment where they got RAPED due to anti-competitive behavior and price fixing, and now Chinese factories are spinning up to shovel out cheaper chips.

This, absolutely this

I dont even use a phone any more
Considering cancelling my phone plan

I wished they'd stuck to making god-tier hard drives and SSD...
>Mobile phones are a fucking meme and it's only the iPleb faggots that fall for it.

Link to Chinese memory chips?

To buy them? Dunno. Companies will be purchasing them as components to put in/on their devices.

what's wrong with his cheek bones

I heard the Chinese are still 2 years behind South Korea at best.

He has powerful jaws evolved to crush the skulls of Japanese infants.

It's almost like other phone brands are and have been dabbing on the for over a decade they have made nothing but complete shit their TV's monitors and pcs are horrifically overpriced

BASED chinese making poverty tier phones with slave labour.

God bless the free market.

Cheap phones have gotten to the point of being as good as the $1000 flagships for the average user, meanwhile the flagship prices have only gone up. What are they thinking? Based chinks killing greedy companies.

Attached: ED466B84-3C21-413D-BA92-D169D81FD501.jpg (959x639, 71K)

>They're clearly not just talking about the smartphone segment, but also the memory segment where they got RAPED due to anti-competitive behavior and price fixing, and now Chinese factories are spinning up to shovel out cheaper chips.

Chinese factories can't even make 2133 chips that aren't like 50% defective lmao

And DRAM market is down but it's hardly the only impact. Samsung Electronics delivers a TON of components and it's not just demand that's down, core suppliers like Intel are having production problems and it's forcibly killing demand for adjacent products because companies literally cannot buy new PCs. And naturally the lower demand for smartphones is also having a big impact too.

-14% revenue for Samsung is worse than -60% profits.

most normalfags already want phones that run whatsapp, facebook, youtube, check their email and maybe browse the web.

poverty phones already can do that, so there's not a lot of reasons to buy a 1k phone.

It's the muh camera meme pushed by YouTube personalities to make people flock like cattle. Until they realized old phones took better pictures and no one wants to see themselves in HD.

They're not equal but lol at buying Samtrash over OnePlus
Samtrash is hideously overpriced (S10 sells for more than the Note 9 did at launch here), shit garbage software, absolutely pozzed Exyshit phones with bad battery life and all. It's a shitshow
the holeshit front cameras don't help either.

>old phones took better pictures
you think a phone from 2015 takes better photos than a Pixel 3 or something?

You think Pixes 3 has good camera hardware?

Old phones take better pictures because the pictures are grainy and they hide imperfections. Just look at how people take pictures with AI enhancement and filters now to hide those same imperfections.

huaweis are like $1000 too though

say what you will, Pixel photos look great compared to chinkphones with gcam ports. The hardware alone isn't responsible for this, true, but everyone else just fucks up their camera softwares (see Sony, they never got it right.) idk how, some pajeet can make gcam but these idiots can't make a solid camera app?
Pixel photos are very natural and realistic, only Huashit and Samshit and others use garbage filters that pozz colors and makes everything look gay

You can only sell $1,000 phones to people for so long before the Goy get smart.

No one cares about photos anymore. The world is literally over the boomer selfie crazy. There was only so much people could artificially care about someone else's photos. And if no one cares about your photos you'll stop taking them.

JUST

>selfie crazy
we're talking about back cameras. People absolutely care about them, retard. What planet have you been living on? Just lol. Phone cameras are used for a lot more things than just blogposting where people stop caring, spoken like a true autist.

No one really cares about cameras anymore. It was artificial to begin with and its highly unnatural for billions of people to be taking pictures.

I'm at the point where I'm thinking about going back to a dumb phone.

Peak smartphone has already passed.

>its highly unnatural for billions of people to be taking pictures
holy shit, lord of the autists right here. How fucking dumb are you bro? Everyone takes pictures, especially girls. You'd take pictures if you were out with your family at some special occasion, if you had pets, if you needed to take pictures for whatever reason. Holy hell come on nigger, everyone takes pictures for loads of reasons.

>No one really cares about cameras anymore. It was artificial to begin with and its highly unnatural for billions of people to be taking pictures.
people were using handheld cameras before cameraphones, nobody has an handheld camera anymore, so what you call a "fad" is never gonna go away

you're just arbitrarily claiming it has

Attached: 1526802529547.jpg (544x544, 113K)

Phone cameras are better than my Ixus from 2011, it's insane.

>No one really cares about cameras anymore.
t. itoddler with a sub par camera

No one wants to see your stupid pictures. The allure is over. Everyone has a smartphone. They're still miserable. You're not cool and never were

The sales numbers prove the fad is dying.

>mum dies
>dad dies
i very rarely take photos, but im glad other people were taking them, i was naive to think i was cool to not shun it, in the end all we have is our memories

>No one wants to see your stupid pictures. The allure is over. Everyone has a smartphone. They're still miserable. You're not cool and never were
I can't tell if you're underage faggot or just a retard neckbeard
People have ALWAYS taken pictures, it's not a "new thing" there is no "allure" due to smartphones

..faggot

>No one wants to see your stupid pictures. The allure is over. Everyone has a smartphone. They're still miserable. You're not cool and never were
there are fucktons of people who could want to his pictures. no they dont. not everyone is miserable. most people here probably arnt cool and never were, but hes far less of a faggot than u

You seem to be becoming emotional about the fact that smartphone shipments are starting to decline for the first time in history. Smartphone shipments were down 4% in 2018, with an even larger decline in premium smartphones and an increase in cheap chink phones.

That's prima facie evidence that the fad is dying.

Attached: 9331E58F-9575-4455-A59B-542D46F7BF77.jpg (1668x653, 438K)

>You seem to be becoming emotional
I'm disgusted by your stupidity
>about the fact that smartphone shipments are starting to decline for the first time in history.
i dont even care about smartphones

>That's prima facie evidence that the fad is dying.
That's completely unrelated to people taking pictures or not, rather it's evidence the smartphone market is saturated and mature, with little incentive to upgrade because 2019 entry level/older flagship are good enough for most people
...faggot

Attached: merrylfire.gif (1280x720, 1.47M)

That has nothing to do with pictures and everything to do with the fact that good enough phones are now in the hands of literally everyone.

No one bought premium smartphones en masse anyway, outside of iShit. All that happened was chinks started making dirt cheap phones as well as 'flagship killers'. More people buy and use phones these days than they used to, even the poorfags.

A shift from high end smartphones to low end chink phones is evidence that people don't care about camera quality. Are you dense?

Look at the chart please.

Bought a second hand iPhone 6, had a OnePlus 1 before that. iPhone 6 got run over and now I'm on a Huawei y7 for £115. Does everything I need it to, browses web competently, camera decent enough for what I use it for, plays music. Never paying over £150 for a smartphone again

Instead of having a phone/tablet replace a desktop/laptop... on which I don't even have root access... I'd much rather just have a laptop that can access the cellular network to make phone calls; and typing will ALWAYS be better that touch screens.

>A shift from high end smartphones to low end chink phones is evidence that people don't care about camera quality.
no, faggot, it's because low-mid end phones take good enough pics nowdays and the shift is minimal anyways

>phones
It's quite funny how all of you are on about phones like Samsung's a phone company. Yes, they do make phones. And they are mostly known for their phones in some countries. But in reality phones are just a tiny and very minor part of their bussiness.

Samsung doesn't only make electronics like RAM, SSDs, washing machines, TVs and, yes, phones. They build skyscrapers and ships. Yes, ships as in tankers, cruise ships and so on. And aircraft carriers and submarines. Their miliary production goes beyond that, though. They make tanks and those kind of toys too.

A lot of cartoons have this made-up joke company ACME - "A Company Making Everything" labelled on random things. Samsung's probably the real-world company closest to being that.

Exactly
plus gcam helps a lot.

Samsung hasn't got shit on Jardines.

Why are profits down 60% then? Where are the margins being squeezed?

um sweaty...

Attached: file.png (680x277, 34K)

>I don't know what I'm talking about: The Post

Yeah the smartphone declines are a long term trend. But the new trend seems semiconductor revenue decreasing which is indicative of a bigger problem.

>indicative of a bigger problem
it is. samsung's revenue going down tells you a lot of everyone else making electronics. take apple as an example, you've got samsung screens and probably quite a few others parts too. same with many others making phones, computers and related things.

I am guessing falling DRAM prices alone account for a lot of Samsungs profit-loss. They were part of a cartell there and China and the US begun investigating and volla DRAM prices suddenly plummet.

CHINKED

Semiconductors going down is huge. Means companies like Intel, AMD, Micron, NVIDIA, etc., are going to tank long-term.

This earnings season is going to be disgusting. The S&P 500 will make new highs but the NASDAQ Composite certainly won't.

Time to short.

>ignores data center, AI, autonomous driving, scientific supercomputing, CAD, etc...

And where does that show in the revenue projections?

I dont know about AMD, but for sure Micron is gonna tank hard. At least until ddr5 starts to pick up pace.

Smells like broke in here

They don't, because they are snake oil!

I want $500 JOLED tv

>Link to Chinese memory chips?

Attached: 1548327954151.png (651x813, 370K)

Wake me up when they're actually making chips.

>Wake me up when they're actually making chips.
you can already buy it i-cs.at/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10875903

>ARM SoCs now powerful enough to run an entire desktop OS.
>Would buy a new android tablet if I could dual boot linux but no, gimped mobile devices are the future!
>Expensive samsung tablet comes with SoC from years ago and 4gb of ram while some chink phone has the latest SoC and 12gb.
How could anyone have predicted this?! Make a device that can't do much more than watch videos and browse the internet thanks to software limitations and people don't want to buy newer models with faster CPUs to do the exact same thing as the previous model?

>No innovation for the past 2 years
>S10 is just a slightly different S8
I wonder why no one's buying The New One™?

Samsung is the iphone of android, shitty and overpriced

>I'm autistic, therefore everyone else is too
Is this Jow Forums in a nutshell?

>why did the moto razr and sony ericson cost less than a samsung s10?
Kill yourself retarded zoomer

wasn't trump supposed to do something about that? what happened to those tariffs?

wouldnt a samsung technically be a gookphone, not a chinkphone?

Phone companies are officially out of ideas when it comes to making flagships. No one in the right fucking mind wants to pay $2,000 for a phone. Even Apple fans are balking at the $1500 for a new phone these days when there is little to no change/gain. I paid $750 for my Note 9 and felt like an idiot doing it.