Söy technology

>OOP
>windows
>automatic transmissions
>Sennheiser
>video games
>mechanical keyboards
>using a capo

Attached: 1514653620200.jpg (665x800, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9IoMrhjRQ1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=o3lalJy6ZAU&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=gkJt3iqbgEY
racingjunk.com/news/2015/05/05/drag-race-101-is-the-automatic-transmission-the-new-manual/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good thread
sage

>solid state drives
>B.S. in computer science
>in-ear headphones
>visual studio code
>saging threads

i dont see whats so bad about ssds

Attached: 1548511300350.jpg (1000x1243, 339K)

Afraid of a plant.
R E N T F R E E
E
N
T
F
R
E
E

Yep, C#.
Yep, Botnet 10.
Yep, CVT.
Yep, 600.
Yep, Rule the Waves 2 comes out this month.
No, Topre for life.
No, I don't know what that is.

>fitbit
>Alexa
>airpods
>embedded dildo technology

things you use that I don't use

>Functional Programming
>Linux
>Manual transmissions when you live in the USA
>Beyerdynamics or STAX
>Anime
>Topre
>Emacs or Vim
>MX518
>Mechanical pencils and fountain pens
>mpv
>Majoring in computer science

>No, I don't know what that is.
a capo is a device unskilled "guitarists" use to play chords they would otherwise be unable to play

Attached: konig-meyer-30900-capo-2.jpg (1585x1600, 174K)

electron

So what's the alternative? Retuning the guitar?

>an SSD can singlehandedly make using a laptop 100x more bearable
>B.S. in CS a requirement for 80-90% of dev jobs
>in-ear headphones are a requirement at the gym
>VS code is the closest thing I can think of to an industry standard IDE
>ishiggydiggy

>unskilled
No, it's for transforming to a different key. You wouldn't know, you probably only play lame powerchord only punk music anyway.

He's probably advocating powerchords only like the faggot he is.

>B.S. in CS a requirement for 80-90% of dev jobs
they always say something along the lines of "or other technical degree". CS is a meme

It's definitively a meme, but it is still a foot in the door for 90% of dev jobs. Not the guy you're responding to btw.

>transposing is hard! I only memorized the basic chord voicings!
>retune my guitar? do you have a guitar tuner? I can't do it by ear
>sheet music? do you mean like guitar tabs?
wew lad

Apparently powerchord is a new-old buzzword for this guy. But he's right, capos are legitimate tools.

>VS Code
>industry standard
Visual Studio, maybe, for some languages. VS Code however is just a crappy text editor nobody in their right mind uses.

>that's a bit low for me, do you mind trying it three half-tones up just a quick try?
>s-s-s-sure just let me spend three hours transposing these weird chords

Who needs Jow Forumsuitars anyway?

>CVT
the Apple of transmissions

Attached: Screenshot_20190406-090009.png (1440x2880, 849K)

Yes, I'm a filthy normie. I received a letter from Subaru saying that the transmission warranty has been extended to 10 years. I understood that to mean it is defective.

>Implying functional programming isn't significantly more onions than OOP

post more basedboy memes, they are very funny!

RGBT lighting

It's great when /v/ decides to come here and start stupid garbage threads like this.

ruby

How are mechanical keyboards a basedboy thing? Of course, if you're using reddit as your parameter, but I doubt the men who ised IBMs before were "basedboys" and I doubt mkb users right now aren't the heritage of those IBM men.

u wat. U literally wat.

>/v/ decides
video games was one of the meme arrows in the OP

>paying $100 to get a keyboard that makes obnoxious clickety clackety noise instead of getting a $5 one
muh meme fingertip feedback

meme stopgap technology
>b-but it's fast
it fails faster too

This. A K120 or L100 works just as well and won't annoy the shit out of everyone else in the building, and if you wanna get all autistic about "muh typing speed", just get a chiclet type board. You'll actually type faster on that than on your memechanical piece of shit.

That's just to cover his tracks. Notice the wojak edit and low effort shitpost.

>spend three hours transposing these weird chords
t.chordlet

t. all i play is powerchords

t.only knows ~6 fingering positions. I bet you can't even read sheet music, kek. just stick to tabs and your capo bro

Isn't announcing sage against the rules?

Attached: 816C59684C2041CB8EC5839CA0C25EF8.jpg (400x323, 51K)

If you're using it to make chords easier then yeah you're a "newb" but if you're using it to make more intervals available in the key you're playing then it allows you to play things that are basically impossible otherwise. Sure I can fly from first position past the twelvth fret smoothly and cleanly but if I have to do that more than a couple times in a song I'll get tired and sloppy pretty fast. If the capo is just so you don't need to play a Barre chord then you just need stronger fingers

what if you're playing a gig and you physically dont have a few minutes to tune...
a capo has so many places in a musicians toolkit you would have to be an idiot to think otherwise

also to be frank, guitarists talking about chords is just kek worthy u niggas are like the cardi b of muscianship, popular because retards enjoy it

every unfretted instrument, wind instrument, piano - every single classical piece of music is superior to you but you wanna get hung up on the chip on your shoulder about capos
toplol
guitarists are the biggest joke in music, at least bass players are emotive and play with pockets in mind, but what do you do - slam your scales at high speed? play supportive role to pop music, fuck off lol

underrated

>what if you're playing a gig and you physically dont have a few minutes to tune...
>not having multiple guitars with dedicated tuning

Automatic transmissions are faster, have less power loss, and are more reliable than manual transmissions. It's not 1970 anymore.

You forgot to mention linux

>>in-ear headphones are a requirement at the gym
>gym
are you forgetting where you are?

so why the fuck are we talking about a capo in the first place
guitarists are just greenhorns

automatic transmissions have become objectively better than manual transmissions, especially dual clutch transmissions
windows is corporate, OSX is more millenial
OOP I agree with
Sennheiser I agree with
vidya I mostly agree with
mechanical keyboards I agree with
capo I don't really care about either way

>Have less power loss

And that's where you're wrong faggot.

Asides from dual clutch systems, torque converters and the fluid divertion channels needed to actually change the gears take up a significant portion of the engine output.

Keep being wrong though

>what is a lockup torque converter

>video games
Things like Doom (classic) are the opposite of soi you fuck.

>using a capo
Emo has been overtaken by onions goblins and trannies

>>VS code is the closest thing I can think of to an industry standard IDE
You wot mate. Have you ever stepped out your newfag.js project and solved any real programming applications?

Attached: 1554543864962.jpg (680x813, 56K)

Any Linux distro is max over onions

I can tune a guitar by ear in a minute. Less than a minute with a tuner. I also have an automatic tuner that can do any tuning in like 30 seconds. But professional players have multiple guitars. Guitars are built to resonate with specific frequencies, you'll sound better with the tuning it's designed for

>linux
The ultimate sóy technology, look at any youtube video related to it, full of sóyboys everytime.

Lute based instruments including the modern electric guitar, are the most versatile instruments to ever exist other than programmable synthesizers.

>imagine my shock when I just learned VS code isn't actually the same thing as Visual Studio, just lite

Huh...
Never actually used VS Code, that was always just my assumption

The point still stands. Visual studio isn't the standard anywhere. Each language has its own tool. The moment you try to use anything microsoft, you're going to get vendor locked hard. But not as hard as apple locks you.

>what is an organ
>just have multiple guitars this totally means the capo is a shitty tool
is it soi if a player in a band doesnt have the money for multiple guitars during his gigging tour while he hops around in a van for 300$ a gig?
also i'd bet money that one good guitar with a capo will sound better than 3 others in their respective niches and if ur just gunna come back and tell me that you have multiple high quality guitars, then you certainly arnt the majority
also
>having multiple instruments to better enable different tunings
>most versatile instruments
even if different types of wind tuned instruments exist that doesnt discredit the capo at all

from the perspective of a sound designer - until you really get to the upper skill end of the players they are pretty trash compared to most other disciplines like unfretted instruments, brass and keys

although if you're sat on stage with 8 guitars already tuned up for you ready to play out your set then who fucking cares what i say you've already made it

Are you always this much of an insufferable twat?

Are you always this much of a mouth breather who doesn't consider tooling?

Oh, dear, how will I ever recover?

>you'll sound better with the tuning it's designed for
What the fuck is this supposed to mean? Guitars are made to produce multiple sounds. It doesn't matter if I produce a specific chord on different tunings, that chord will sound the same. Following your retarded logic, you can only play a single scale on a specific guitar.

Attached: 1305523587250[1].png (528x434, 15K)

What if I play classical guitar?

A cvt with shift points defeats the purpose of having a cvt. Why. Get over the sustained rpms faggots.

Attached: IMG_20190222_214747.jpg (802x960, 53K)

That's not what you use a capo for you fucking retard. Kill yourself

What's a capo?

Noctua cuckfans.

no you utter brainlet hes not saying that
>It doesn't matter if I produce a specific chord on different tunings, that chord will sound the same
this is so fundamentally false, a chord will probably never sound the same twice anyway, there is a lot of potential variables to what you perceive as a chord. i dont know if what he is saying is true or not, but realistically i could well possibly because microtunings exist, amongst other reasons such as the variables of performance.
consider that a person perceives harmonics based on their time and volume variables and that even the most consistent human will struggle to do the same thing exactly twice, its not unfeasible to me that certain styles would or could resonanate.... better? more tonally? more "appropriate" harmonic series relationship?
i dont know if that is what the other user meant but its not that ludicrous, i mean in a synth you can change the detuning between each note (if you were so inclined too) so that you could more accurately follow foreign scales (which are potentially written in different micros)
to the same extent, there are more and less appropriate scales for different types of instruemnts, i mean there is a fuck ton of sax types and i assume its for similar reasons
then you are probably pretty sick at your craft and thats pretty commendable, if you're good that is... classical music didnt have guitars until relatively recently, right?
i think the best examples of guitarists are totally sullied by their worse counterparts, way more so than other instruments; maybe thats an unfair way to look at things considering how popularised the guitar was in recent pasts.
i'd love to be able to play classical guitar but the skillcap is very high, however most other cases of guitar are pretty tragic so if i were ever to look outside of keys/synths to learn myself, i wouldnt reach for a guitar ever because they are either bad or incredibly hard to be good.

Fuck you, legitimately keked

That was the point, yes.

>Windows

Seriously, what's a capo?

see

>CVT
>combining the worst driving experience with the worst efficiency and reliabilty

Whew

fuck off faggot
it changes the tuning of the instrument by making the strings artificially shorter so they resonate at different notes making it easier to play different scales, you could argue it does a bunch of other shit too, but thats what guitarists use them for

A mechanism that, at the best case (it being locked up, which doesn't happen all that often) gets close, but doesn't reach efficiency of a standard gearbox. Nice try though.

I see. But it seems rather odd to jump from computer technology, to a musical instrument tool, is it not?

Hey guitar fags there is a guitar general on /mu/

> Functional
> Windows, Apple, Hipster Distros of Linux, CoC
> Electric Cars, Fully Automatic Cars
> Video Games, Anime, Manga, TV, spectator sports... (Any passive media consumption)
> /pcbg/, /mkg/, /mg/, /desktop threads/, any /v/-crossposting
"They hated him because he told them the truth"

>u niggas are like the cardi b of muscianship
kys FAGGOT

Try listening to some good guitarists like:
>Marty (((Friedman)))
youtube.com/watch?v=9IoMrhjRQ1Q

Attached: MartyFriedman.jpg (548x542, 32K)

>slam your scales at high speed?
And try this whole album:
youtube.com/watch?v=o3lalJy6ZAU&t=2s

And this:
youtube.com/watch?v=gkJt3iqbgEY

You classical snobs are insufferable, only jazz fags are more pathetic (classical and jazz music is still great though).

Shame - that's a bad bunch of anons. This is wildly off topic and you should remove yourself from this board at once. I suggest you take this discussion to /mu/.

/mu/ is full of fags but yes you're right i apologise for promoting this cancer

Apology accepted, but I'd have you know that doing so as you did, you are no different to us from the lot you're describing that participate in /mu/.

Kek wut

Dual clutch is fine
Slush boxes are not

>Keep being wrong though
racingjunk.com/news/2015/05/05/drag-race-101-is-the-automatic-transmission-the-new-manual/

>hurr auto transmissions bad

Tell that to the unkillable 765,000 km Volvo AW70 4-speed slushbox

That Civic class action lawsuit was literally because people could not figure out their car wasn't in park. So they were just being idiots. What's more worrying is the Toyota CVT recall, and Subaru ominously extending the warranty period, as if they expect something to go wrong and don't want their reputation to tank. It's for reasons like this that I told my parents to get a lightly used Camry with the 2AR-FE and the standard Aisin 6-speed, rather than buying a brand new car with a CVT. It doesn't even make sense how people can't figure out how not to make a CVT, especially Toyota, because there are taxi Prius and Camry Hybrids with over half a million kilometres and the original components, including the CVTs.

Attached: IMG_0064copy.jpg (2816x2112, 1.69M)

arguing passionately about whatever computer hardware or software you like or dont like is pretty söy