QBittorrent kills your hard drive. Hope you guys have enough money for a new hard drive when it dies

>confirmed bug since 2012
>causes hard disk thrashing and I/O errors
>still not fixed

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/294

>confirmed bug since 2016
>causes qBittorrent process to hang forever even if you "shut it down", even keeps your Windows PC from shutting down
>causes qBittorrent to keep raping your hard drive even when you think it's closed
>still not fixed

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/5097

>bug since 2016
>qBittorrent deletes your torrents, especially if your power goes out.
>users describe this issue as urgent

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/4850

It's ok though because everybody on Jow Forums has a job and/or income to pay for a new hard drive after qBittorrent kills it, right?

Right?

Not to mention the other 2,354 open bugs that qBittorrent still hasn't fixed.

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues

It's ok though because qBittorrent was Jow Forums approved, right?

It's TOTALLY NOT because uTorrent became a literal botnet and everybody scrambled to the nearest FOSS uTorrent clone due to FOSStard propaganda, right?

Right???

Attached: qBittorrent.png?resize=230%2C230.png (230x230, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=3956.0
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but there's nothing better, deluge/utorrent/someliteshit tards don't bother replying

Did you make this thread too?

lol

World on my machine.

Imagine being so bad at computers you can't even get qBittorrent working. Fucking Kek, this is why Linux is such a bad OS.

>my machine.
RIP because you use qBit

Been using it for 6 years on my 10 year old HDDs.

kill yourself shill

OH NO NO NO NO
NOW YOUR HARD DRIVE IS GONNA GET STALLED TOO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They won't believe it even though the devs themselves marked the I/O bug as confirmed. I hope they can buy new hard drives without issues.

Lmao, why do you even post here if you clearly can't read English?

first for tixati

Then I'll switch to Transmission, I'm not touching utorrent with your mom's dick.
Fuck you.

Why the fuck are people still torrenting anything instead of using http links to software and media lol am i in retard city??? Is this retard city that i'm in?

BiglyBt is the best one I found so far, can do 500mps no problem

>BiglyBt
>java
no thanks, user. you can enjoy the slowness and security risks.

i dont care i use limewire anyway

what's a better one then? qbt is just slow for some reason

top taste friend, but it is a bit of a ram whore

Attached: tixati.png (487x33, 2K)

because torrents are easy, fast, and free
with http links you're lucky if they are two of those

rtorrent > your shit client

>BiglyBt
not allowed on most private trackers
>can do 500mps no problem
are there clients that can't do this? I've seen upwards of 5gbps in deluge

I'm still using qb 3.1.10 to this day.
My HDD usage is a-ok on the disk monitor.
Closing it closes process and disk monitor is as it should be.
I haven't had a single bug or problem to this day.
Guess it must be that either my version is before these bugs happened, or that everything there is fake news. My HDDs are from like, 2011, and all still healthy and functional.

i get like half the upload with qbt compared with bigly

>qbt is just slow for some reason
that's your hard drive being raped. enjoy!

kek, but it's ssd, is there a benchmark of torrent clients at gigabit speed? trying to max out my upload

True, qBittorrent needs to fix these annoyances. Still better than proprietary shit by miles though..

>but it's ssd
lol wow qBittorrent is slow on an SSD, too?

What the fuck are you guys doing? I just use uTorrent.

Attached: 1542785757835.png (200x193, 30K)

BiglyBT doesn't have this problem.

Biglybt is malware

not sure, but looks like others have noticed the same issue qbforums.shiki.hu/index.php?topic=3956.0

>qBitTorrent to Transmission strangely also runs at 8 MB/sec. Transmission is at 2% CPU...qBT while uploading to Transmission is bouncing between 0-2% CPU.
Transmission to qBitTorrent runs at 111 MB/sec.

I've had 0 issues with it.

Exactly. You think it would be apparent its stealing your data?

I doubt your sincerity and would rather play video games than speak with you. I think you're trying to goad me into replies yo keep the thread bumped instead of speak seriously. Bye.

I bid you adue good sir

>current millennium
>still using anything but Deluge

Attached: 1200px-Deluge-Logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 302K)

>I have zero issue being spied on
Enjoy your high-functioning spyware

rtorrent master race reporting in.

Cite it

Really? I though it was an open source project, a long ongoing one at that.

>Deluge
Sorry user we don't use shitty python clients that suck up RAM and CPU here.

no one cares qbitstalled is trash even without this

The fact that people use anything else is mind blowing. If you want a minimal client, Transmission (C) already exists. If you want a featured client BiglyBT (Java) already exists.
>but what if I made a client that was in between and used C++ or Python and didn't actually work for multiple years
Fucking why.

we had this thread already - it's a checkbox in settings

>BiglyBT (Java)
You've just cited why it's malware

I don't think you understand what Java or malware is. Why act that way?

Open source malware. No one bothers to audit the code

>He doesn't think Java actually is malware since Oracle bought it
You have no idea how insecure anything written in Java actually is

That doesn't make much sense, how can you know it's malware if you haven't audited it? If you have, proving it should be easy. Why not tell the users in this thread about it in the same qay the OP is doing for Qb?

It's weird how pirating is done by lots of people around the world in current_year, yet there's still no better torrent client than pre-bloat pre-botnet uTorrent.

You're not doing a good job of informing me either.
And are displaying a special kind of ignorance relevant only to Java. To imply Oracle has any power over the platform makes no sense since you don't have to use Oracle's implementations. More importantly, that's an issue higher up and has nothing to do with software written in the language.

You can't say that B is malware just because B depends on A and A can be malware if you choose it to be. That's an unfair conclusion. You're saying BiglyBT is malware when what you mean is that Oracle's JVM is malware. That's a whole different topic. You shouldn't do that.

Another example of this is saying that something like GNU is malware because you could build it with the Intel C compiler. That's not a fair assessment.

>using a client that consumes 10x as much memory as qbittorrent

Actually, yes it it. The GNU compiler collection is known to be 100% secure and without any malware to damage your system, whereas Oracle had to lock down Java VM's ability to run applets because Oracle's implementation since after version 1.6.0.21 has been proven to leave people's systems vulnerable to remote attacks through even the most benign online applets. And what's to say that there aren't other bugs that Oracle unleashed in their implementation of Java, that they haven't reported and let other Java implementation projects put into their own source code?

>using a client with all the bugs mentioned in OP

Oh no, I can't afford wasting 30MB RAM. :(

The problem is that we're talking about A and you're talking about B and C.
BiglyBT is written in Java, it is not Java the platform in itself. It's also a Java application, not a Java web applet, that's not even the same thing.

You're damning a piece of software for things outside of its control, that are also not inherent.
What you're doing is the equivalent of saying `ls` is malware because someone might compile it with MSVC and run it on Windows while connected to an intrusive ISP in jurisdiction that might have a concerned government.
You're blaming the thing at the bottom for the variables above it.

To prove your claim, you have to show in the BiglyBT codebase where it's malicious, otherwise you can't say it's malware.
You'd have to do the same thing for Oracle's JVM, etc. up the chain. But even if you found out Oracle's JVM was malware, it's still moot because you can't just assume that people will use that, nor can you blame the software running on it for the faults of the platform. That's 100% left up to the system maintainer to decide before the software is ever even run.

I doubt you're ignorant to these facts. Why are you acting that way?

>It's ok though because everybody on Jow Forums has a job and/or income to pay for a new hard drive after qBittorrent kills it, right?
Do people even try to sell second hand drives? I'd literally give mine away they're so cheap now. You could literally go wash a few cars for a 1tb HDD.

Why don't you fix it yourself instead of whining like a bitch?

>The problem is that we're talking about A and you're talking about B and C.
>BiglyBT is written in Java, it is not Java the platform in itself. It's also a Java application, not a Java web applet, that's not even the same thing.
They are the same thing because Java applications still require the Java VM.

And if you're too stupid to understand that Java is vulnerable to every insecurity that Oracle has refused to document, then you deserve every exploit that hackers are currently taking advantage of on your system, as you retardedly download your YIFY movies.

And you have control over your software. All you have to do is not use shitty software that has been implemented in a shitty way by a shitty company. I mean do you still use Flash player?

can you give one away to me? I'm a fucking poorfag

>require the Java VM
The crux is that they require A JVM, there is no "the JVM". Again, nothing says you must use Oracle's variant. More importantly, you have yet to provide the proof that Oracle's JVM is malicious anyway.

Go wash some cars.

My deluge instance is currently using about 1.8GB of RAM, my qbittorrent instance, which is seeding more torrents, is only using 160MB.
I'm aware that qbit has tons of bugs and I'm not saying it's the perfect client, I just think it's less bad then deluge.

>Again, nothing says you must use Oracle's variant
Again, you missed what I said already.

>And what's to say that there aren't other bugs that Oracle unleashed in their implementation of Java, that they haven't reported and let other Java implementation projects put into their own source code?

And >And if you're too stupid to understand that Java is vulnerable to every insecurity that Oracle has refused to document, then you deserve every exploit that hackers are currently taking advantage of on your system, as you retardedly download your YIFY movies.

Too bad you're illiterate and retarded.

>not using LibreTorrent on your phone
Get out boomers

I don't care. Every 2 years I replace my hard drive and pawn the slightly failing one off to someone on ebay as "like new good condition"

What is your point? Speculation is not evidence.
You can sit here all day and say "I think this company and or platform is malicious", but if you want me to believe it, you'll have to prove it.
You can't just say "I think Oracle is hiding something" and expect me to care. Reality doesn't reflect this.
Your concern seems to be that the project isn't malicious, just the platform. And that's not a practical concern of mine.
The reality of the matter is that I and many have been using everything mentioned here for a long time without issue, and all of the sudden you're saying "there's an issue with that", but are failing to say what that issue is.

When you can point me to the lines of code in BiglyBT that are malicious, I'll switch clients.
When you can point me at the lines of code in the multiple JVM's I use, which you're not even aware as to which those are, I'll switch JVMs.
Until then, you have no basis for which to call any of these things malware. All you can say is that "I'm skeptical of Oracle" which is highly out of scope and your sole opinion.

It feels like your misdirecting your frustration.

Also more importantly, I trust Java applications to be inherently harder to exploit than a fucking network application written by amateur C++ devs, and infinitely more efficient than anything written in Python.
Think about it for a minute.

But is qBittorrent good for "serious torrenting" lol

never had any problems with qbittorrent

why so mad? go use transmission on your faggy mac and keep on sucking dick

aye - worth the tweaks though. Gotta love it to auto-remove dead trackers of old torrents.

>when you get fucked in the ass so hard you have to bail to make a new thread
oh op

I used Tixati too when I was 12

2354 open bugs and its still the best torrent client.
The only other one thats ok is transmission but that is lacking the RSS fetch and automatic download feature.
Deluge is a dead and consumes more resources than your entire OS
Tiaxti is not free as in freedom and not allowed on private trackers
utorrent modern is aids
utorrent the old versions that are acceptable are so outdated and offer nothing over qbit

I dont even like qbit that much. I have to use 4.1.4 because 4.1.5 kept silently crashing on me but its still the best

Attached: 1551226797934.png (1280x1280, 786K)

you forgot the cancer which is Bitcomet
i still remember those damn padding files everywhere

>because 4.1.5 kept silently crashing on me but its still the best
This is the shit I'm talking about. Just use BiglyBT and not have issues like this.
This is a non-issue for other clients. There's no "it sucks, but it's also the best option." there's just "it's the best option".
I don't want to have to deal with unexpected bugs, in release versions of my torrent clients when decade old clients don't have any of these problems, or any other compromises.
It just does what you want it to do. Learn from this.

Never heard of it, might be ok. Its not that I am in love with qbit but the alternatives I know about are just worse

Fair enough, I'm just sharing the experience for that very reason.
I've used damn near everything. And at least in regards to BT, this seems to be the most sane option. I wish I had tried it sooner.
For P2P in general though, I am looking at a different network altogether, that will likely make all of this pointless anyhow.

>12 year old Tixati user dabs on the haters.png

>You have no idea how insecure anything written in Java actually is
uhm, what?

mfw its 2019 and people still think of Java Applets when they hear Java.

underrated

The Java aplet versus the Chad c program

Plebeians don't know.

Attached: BILLIONS BAYBEE.png (519x396, 89K)

Hold up now. We're family.
Transmission for the server. BiglyBT for the desktop, and phone. Aria2c for cli.
>but what about my workstation
How about you work?

fuck so that's what it was

kept seeing it fragged my drives whenever i downloaded a torrent movie but not for a direct mega dl

deluge or transmission?

I thought most people use libtorrent on servers

depends, do you want 2000MB ram usage or 20MB?

This thread had absolutely nothing to do with Linux?

You use libtorrent if you are making a service of your own, and want a bittorrent library.
Transmission implements most components of bittorrent (the format and protocol) itself, rather than wrapping libtorrent.
So if you want to deploy a torrent service for yourself, on a server, you'd probably want to use transmission.
If you want to implement that service, you do what you want. Utilize libtorrent, or write your own components, or a mix of both.
Depends on your needs.

i have 6gb who gives a fuck

tell me the one which won't fuck up my drive... again

Solaris wins again.

Attached: BigHighResPhoenixLogotypeRGB_copy.png (415x258, 38K)

FAKE NEWS! MORE AT 17.00
>confirmed bug since 2012
i'm running it on the same HDD's for 6 years+ and still running like a champ.
>causes qBittorrent process to hang forever even if you "shut it down", even keeps your Windows PC from shutting down
MORE FAKE NEWS! LUL
>qBittorrent deletes your torrents, especially if your power goes out.
you serious? even if delete it, you can easy select the folder where your torrent files are and you are good to go.

tl;dr fuck off

>It's good but it crashes on me
The state of qStalledtards

>can't read

qBittorrent is bad but it has no alternatives if you want to use proxies and magnet links

Attached: 1554519143217.jpg (600x870, 75K)

>tell me the one which won't fuck up my drive... again
define fuck up. if your issue is fragmentation you need to enable full preallocation which you can do in pretty much any client, even qbit

What kind idiot needs a proxy to torrent? Anybody with a brain is using private trackers.