You guys are all fucking retarded

You guys are all fucking retarded.

I keep seeing posts saying "tn is fine" "ips is a meme" "good tn>ips" "muh backlight bleed" etc.

almost made me buy another shitty ass garbage tn panel. Well I didn't. I bought an ips panel like literally everyone says to do, and you know what? It's fucking amazing.

I can't believe I almost let you mouthbreathing retards convince me to get another tn panel.

Pic related, but you crt niggers probably can't even tell the difference on your shit tier monitors.get a pair of fucking glasses or do us all a favor and go kill yourselves.

Attached: IPS-vs-TN-For-Gaming-in-2019-.png (900x400, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monitorbeasts.com/ips-vs-tn-for-gaming/
testufo.com/ghosting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ips is definitely better but in the pic you mentioned TN is infinitely better, maybe it's reversed somehow

>spouts nonsense about TN vs IPS
>Claims IPS is fantastic
>Posts a pic that shows a white washed, backlight bleed having shitfest of an IPS panel compared to TN

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? TN is usually used for cheaper high refresh rate monitors. I paid $350 for my 27" 1440p 165HZ monitor with G-sync based on a TN panel. An IPS variant of this same type would be $700+ easy.

Are you being retarded on purpose?

CRT monitors still beat out every other display technology in litteraly every aspect except weight and convenience.

I mean, anologue refresh rate and resolution combined with true blacks, hnnng

If only they werent 80lbs

Overwatch? More like Overbright. Yikes

there you niggers

Attached: tn-display-angle.jpg (850x574, 180K)

Nothing comes close to OLED display tech

enjoy your literal, actual eye cancer.

>literally trash-tier screens.

here's another one.

>hurrdurr I've never seen an ips screen in my life so I'm gonna tell other people to not buy it because people told me not to buy it.

I've got a 4k samsung tn panel sitting next to my 2k acer ips screen, and the colors on the tn panel look like a fucking joke.

Attached: YearlyTintedCurlew-mobile.jpg (640x360, 21K)

>never played a game on a trinitron

Im not saying I use a CRT for pc gaming, or even that I recomend it. But the color fidelity, reaponse times, blacks, resolution flexability, refresh rate flexability all combined have not yet been beat by any modern display tech. Not by TN, not by VA, not by IPS, not by OLED.

If they didnt weigh a ton, we would still be using them.

>tfw no red gf

Shame neither of those pictures are the kind of viewing angle you'd be at when properly using either panel.

>doesnt look straight at his pc monitor

Is this the next level of autism?

is this loss?

What's wrong with that pic OP?
My experiences have been TN on the left and IPS on the right.

I went from IPS to TN and IPS again. The TN was such garbage that I couldn't wait to go back to IPS. It was either too washed out, too bright or too dark. I tried all kinds of settings but at the end of the day there was no hope for that TN panel.

>i'm retarded and you're all retarded hahahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1480540420690.jpg (562x527, 61K)

The x-ray emission is extremely minimal, especially if you don't sit a centimeter away from it. I'm pretty sure you get more radiation from eating a banana or something like that.

Upper right corner, you retards.

Oh fuck you

Pic is taken like 6ft away

I don't like getting color distortion every time I move head even a tiny bit, I also don't enjoy top to bottom color distortion that's always there no matter what you do.

they can't tell because they're probably using some shit-tier tn panels.

>I don't like getting color distortion every time I move head even a tiny bit, I also don't enjoy top to bottom color distortion that's always there no matter what you do.

buy a TN monitor that costs more than .5 rupees

less radiation than a banana

Attached: 15434278571222.jpg (1414x810, 357K)

>never seen an oled tv

Bitch, i had fd trinitron wega 32" wtf r u talking bout.oled blacks fidelity res accurate color reproduction are beyond phenomenal

Do you livestream banana eating 24/7 though?

Can you please not criticize me for my career choices? Thanks.

Post the link, fag

>tn
>good
Literally no one said that

Attached: 1480602169182.jpg (352x363, 42K)

>Bringing up distance when the topic was angles.

>viewing angle
>Looking straight at the monitor

>>doesnt look straight at his pc monitor
>Looking straight at the monitor

>Viewed from angles you won't see 99.9% of the time

why is anyone taking poverty-tier or ancient TN panels as proof of anything? I want some pictures of modern TN panels in this thread, for fuck's sake

You're not looking at the top corners when you use a monitor you retard

I literally just made this because you idiots think that 10 year old TNs are the same as current TNs. Do you see how little colour shift there is even at that angle? In real life you NEVER see it shift badly enough to notice/care. Please at least look at a TN made in the last 5 years before whining about how bad they are. Your experience using a crappy early LCD at a school library isn't representative of what's available now.

Attached: viewing angle.jpg (2464x3276, 1.93M)

>ips is still vastly superior

Attached: uwot.jpg (313x228, 11K)

You're looking at a 144Hz TN and a slightly higher end IPS side by side, of course it's not gonna be 100% there but to say one's obviously better is a joke. I bet you my calibrated TN looks better at regular viewing angles than the average shitter IPS.

Damn those IPS colors look nice.
Shame about the TN though.
Try showing the angle where you sit like a manlet and all colors are gone.

>washed out over saturated overly bright IPS
>at least 4ms
>everything goes to blurry shit once things start moving
>better
No thanks I will stick with my color accurate 1ms TN

Attached: 1531157597855.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

6'1 is above the manlet cutoff last I checked

I'm glad you made this thread OP because I've been going back and fourth on what kind of monitor to get for like a week. So I don't mind paying more for better colors since I do more than just 'competitive' gaming, but my question is, will I notice a 3ms response time difference? Will I FEEL it?

monitorbeasts.com/ips-vs-tn-for-gaming/

highest quality source lmao

1ms TN
Proof?
No don't bother, you can't prove it's 1ms because everyone that knows a single thing about monitors knows there are no 1ms TN panels.

Just say which monitor you have so we can laugh at the ms we found yours to have.

>color accurate 1ms TN
>TN
>color accurate

Attached: laughing girls.gif (500x354, 255K)

just relase the fucking 24" 144hz IPS panel already and let it be fucking viewsonic and not Asus shit.

Attached: 1549898631370.gif (800x430, 564K)

dont mind me im just watching that beautiful zarya skin

But user
The image isn't representative because its only valid for those panels.
If you where to normalize the colors you could actually get anywhere, since it would give you a statement of how the display loses colors to angles.

Is this a joke? The ips looks horrible in these pictures

Bet it's false flagging.

>>washed out
>>over saturated overly bright
Genuine retard spotted.

Attached: excuse you.gif (344x224, 1.74M)

This is 100% bullshit. I have a Samsung TN sitting right next to my acer ips and the black levels and general colors on the TN are washed out and shit.

I'm curious to know, what TN panels as of today are considered to have the best colors?
I'm using a relatively old IPS display at the moment, and plan on getting a new, high refresh rate monitor sometime this summer.

>Judging how a screen looks from a picture on your screen
I, too listen to speaker reviews on youtube through my airpods.

the screen wont be as fast, or "smooth", so you will see it but you wont feel it

Are you fucking dumb? The colors straight on are shit. For everything but the IPS monitor.

>Hurrdurr but I can't tell on my Tn panel so you're lying

What kind of terminal retardation led you to believe left looks better? Also I'm pretty sure right isn't TN but VA.

Here's my reference pic btw
Tell me how I could've bullshitted it

Attached: reference pic.jpg (2560x1440, 1.68M)

Looks better on my old as shit tn than your new tn and ips lmao

This is literally my setup, with a TN panel from 2017.

You're actually blind if you think TN can look as good as IPS.

Attached: 20190406_144237_HDR.jpg (4656x2620, 3.19M)

I still only use Plasma or OLED monitors

Attached: 1492052196028.jpg (640x640, 36K)

Also I left the black bars on there for a reason to show how washed out the blacks on the TN panel look

Tell me how I could've bullshitted it

nice larp

I didn't say you bullshitted it, I said it's bullshit. TN is fucking garbage.

your gamma is fucked cant see shit in dark areas mate

The settings are all set to factory preset for both monitors. It's called having a TN panel which washes out your colors. Every tech reviewer in existence has been pro-ips because they actually have experience dealing with monitors instead of you neckbeards shitting on whatever's popular because it makes you feel like a special snowflake.

Had a 6ms IPS and 1ms TN side-by-side for a year and I can tell you it's the opposite of , you won't see it but you can feel it. It's refresh rate that you can see a difference, response times you only feel.

1ms response does feel nice and snappy compared to 6ms, but just a 3ms *difference* is debatable depending on what the actual response times are, and if you don't do a lot of high-paced "competitive" gaming it might not be worth it at all.
More than gaming, I like the TN panel for drawing, since the response time makes a tablet pen feel much quicker and realistic, but I'll always mirror the image to the IPS because the TN does look like absolute ass and I can't colour on it.

The IPS did cost double the price though so take that as you will.

Attached: consider the following.jpg (600x399, 90K)

I've had some 1080p TN monitors and I'm currently using a 3x4k setup where two are IPS and one's a TN (because it was cheaper). There's a huge obvious difference between the IPS monitors and the TN I have, just like there's a huge difference between all TN and IPS montiors in terms of colors and viewing angles. TN just looks washed out, the difference is huge regardless of how new the TN panel is.

The only somewhat realistic argument for TN is "Muh refresh rate" and it's true that it's cheaper for a high-refreshrate TN panel. If you're a child who's only using your monitor for games and nothing else ever then sure, TN might be a good choice. For everything else it's trash.

>OLED monitors
show me one for under $1000 and I'll buy it.

Attached: 1459986324701.gif (394x297, 1.26M)

Attached: guaranteed.png (200x200, 6K)

VA is better than IPS

but user
one IS obviously better

>24"
what are you an ant?

TN looks better in this picture but I really couldn't give a single fuck either way because I'm not a gamer baby or netflix zombie.

Also, going to say that I have a average TN monitor (just a generic PHILIPS one) and I can quite obviously see the difference in ALL of these comparison pictures, although my color quality is still the same as average TNs.

maybe

Right is actually VA.

I bought a $600 dell ultrasharp IPS and it looks worse than my $100 TN panel. Some IPS panels just look like utter shit.

what about va?

>I bought a $600 dell ultrasharp IPS and it looks worse than my $100 TN panel. Some IPS panels just look like utter shit.

Attached: retarded_.jpg (500x375, 28K)

How can I make everyone in this thread understand the "TN" monitor in OP's pic is VA?

Attached: it was him.gif (480x362, 3.83M)

I bought a U2417H a few days ago, seems fine so far aside from the black levels. For some reason a complete black screen always looks grey no matter what settings or brightness.
Meanwhile my TV from 2010 has blacks so perfect that i can't even tell it's on sometimes.

>For some reason a complete black screen always looks grey no matter what settings or brightness.
because it's IPS panel
>my TV from 2010 has blacks so perfect that i can't even tell it's on sometimes.
what tv is that?

Attached: DxIaJiDX0AfffAbNQ8.png (624x503, 130K)

no clue why this nigger op is comparing tn and ips when he should be comparing va and ips

*because it's an LCD.
All LCD panels have shite black levels.

>All LCD panels have shite black levels.
u dont have to tell ME i am
But most plebs seem to be amazed by i.e. VA black levels or even worse

Are QLEDs any good or just a marketing meme? Haven't had the chance to see one in person.

Attached: 71g0YJVyZZL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 125K)

I think they're a kind of VA, so they're not perfect, but from what I've read they are quite good for what they are

I believe they just IPS panels with an extra porous glass filter

great the retards are back,

Attached: viewing angles3.jpg (3375x870, 984K)

ah yes, ghosting doesn't matter, spending 300-500$ more dollars doesn't matter

Attached: VA is fine.gif (250x250, 268K)

It sounds like you think the big numbers on the expensive thing you bought mean better when there's really no indication of that in practical usage

Yeah but it goes to 11

Ah yes, compare still images to one another.
Because we all know video games don't show any motion whatsoever.
Here check your monitor.
testufo.com/ghosting
Here is my 200$ TN I got like 3-4 years ago.

Attached: 200$ TN part two3.jpg (8440x2104, 3.58M)

The shit $100 ips monitor I bought in 2009 had noticeable but ultimately not intrusive ghosting you had to go out of your way to see with specific colors and backlight settings and I can't imagine actual half decent products haven't improved on that in the last decade

the screen on the right is actually a VA with QLED