>Learn how to build a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

Attached: 1553924105779.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Kb2QJ8
pcpartpicker.com/list/4DJzD2
usa.philips.com/c-p/BDM4037UW_27/brilliance-4k-ultra-hd-lcd-display-with-multiview
pcpartpicker.com/product/NndFf7/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-mini-video-card-zt-p10510a-10l
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/z47rFt
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/LsybMZ
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/wdpjFt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The ryzen 5 2600 stock cooler looks like this when I cleaned it's pre applied thermal paste off so I can add some arctic silver. Temps are running at 40'C when the computer is doing nothing. Is this normal for a amd cpu? You can see a line in the picture and it didn't feel flat and smooth

Attached: IMG_20190404_211417.jpg (4160x3120, 2.73M)

Looks a little scratched. I don't think it matters, paste should feel it in. Disclaimer: I'm no scientist.

I need a moderately priced GPU that will fit inside of the Silverstone - Sugo SG13B and play fighting games at 1080p.

That’s a low end heat sink.

Low end intel chips like the celeron come with solid aluminum heat sinks.

Unlocked chips come with heat sink that has a copper core.

>going through all this effort to get 1-2 degrees lower
>fuck it up
user...

Just get a 212 man.

How have I fucked up? I didn't put that dent there, it was hiding under the pre applied paste

How long till the next big SSD price drop?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Kb2QJ8

Rate. Unconstructive criticism not allow

so the xfx rx470 i was talking about in last thread is from a friend of mine and hasnt been mined (65 burgers). i really dont care about the free games from rx 570s, should i pull the trigger on my friends card?

this. you'll see a 20 degree difference between the stock cooler and the 212 if you overclock it

if this is for gaming, You will see identical performance in games between the 2600x and the 2700x. I would definetely get a cpu cooler so you can overclock and do tasks under load without overheating. im not getting a price on the motherboard so I assume you have it already. 3000 cas 15 is actually slightky faster than 3200 cas 16 so I would get 3k 15 (which is cheaper too). I'd get the 500 GB nvme ssd from wd since it bigger for not alot morw money. You can get a more powerful 2070 for around
the same price. I would get a case with better airflow at that price. finally, you can get a bigger 75hz monitor for just a bit more so I would do that instead.
pcpartpicker.com/list/4DJzD2

Get a better motherboard, like an Asrock B450M Steel Legend. I don't think the VRM of the Pro-VDH can handle a 2700X. IIRC, it's rated only for 65W chips.

Replace the 970 Evo with an 860 Evo 1TB. You will not notice any speed difference and you'll get more capacity for a similar price.

Get a monitor with Freesync. Thank me later.

Change the PSU to a more powerful 650W and go to a Gold rating.

lmao@anyone buying ryzen, let alone ryzen now. Should wait to see how shit Zen 2 will be before you buy anything.

Is this the most kino ebay (UK) description ever?

Attached: dfghfghfgh.png (2971x874, 116K)

did he mean fed up with the comouter and fed up with playing?

he means he spent all his time playing games and he wants to not spend his life playing video games

He just means that he wants to get rid of his pc because he's wasting too much time on it.

they are dropping slowly all the time are they not. special sales are usually best to get some cheap ones are they not

>lmao@anyone buying ryzen, let alone ryzen now
w-what

>Should wait to see how shit Zen 2 will be before you buy anything.
yup

I love this timeline, Nvidia cards reign supreme as they should. They're light years ahead of gaymd.

It's a good card, and mine can take a pretty good overclock
My rx470 is currently at 1320/2000 with a undervolt; it came stock at 1225/1750

usa.philips.com/c-p/BDM4037UW_27/brilliance-4k-ultra-hd-lcd-display-with-multiview

How retarded am I for wanting this, instead of 4 regular monitors or 2 ultrawide monitors.

user who wanted the 750ti, I'll sell you mine. Let me know, dawg.

I don't have any statistics to back it up but it was like the price/GB had been nearly static for years, until a few months ago

I'm feeling impatient and my local microcenter has all the parts I need to build a computer--minus the case I want

If I build my PC and have it running for like 4 days tops without a case (on a glass table) will it be alright? Not doing watercooling or overclocking or anything, this is also babys first build

Attached: treu.jpg (1589x1191, 261K)

>love this timeline of $600 midrange cards from Nvidia
lol

Yes, you'll be fine as long as you avoid static shocking it. Just building it inside of a cardboard box is fine.

Uhh not true at all. They dropped from like $350 for 1tb to around $250 in late 2016.
Then steadily dropped under $200.
Only suddenly hitting more around $100 for 1Tb because of QLC which is lower endurance an slower latency and really only really appropriate for a secondary drive (or used with StoreMi) but others have dropped steadily besides those being cheap.

Keep any animals away from it and try to minimize dust and it'll be fine.

Is overclocking worth the risk?

What risk?

I have an i5-2500k right now, and they're about $50 used on ebay. The i7-2600k is about $100 used on ebay. Should I wait until the i7-2600k drops below $75 to upgrade? I don't really have any pertinent reason to upgrade I just want to be a little bit faster in video encoding, also the extra threads and HT would be nice.

depends on cpu, mostly going forward I'd say no. setting good memory timings and ocing it a bit is the most

example. 9900k already pushed to almost limit. barely anything left to oc
ryzen 2600x/2700x not worth it. 2600 maybe/2700 more so.

why dont u just get a new poozen with max cores and threads, especially when zen2 comes out if that's the case
before your mobo shits out and buying outdated cpus to boot too...

Would it be stupid to buy this card now, or is it still a good investment? Espescially for a mini-ITX build? pcpartpicker.com/product/NndFf7/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-mini-video-card-zt-p10510a-10l

dude I paid $270 for a new 1070ti here;
the 2060 goes for $500 and the 1070ti went for $630 before it was discontinued
keep coping

What about the gpu?
Wear

1070 doesn't support freesync over hdmi right?

i just came back home from university after literally 6 or so months away to find someone has thrown out my monitor box which contained everything from my monitor stand and my monitor brackets as well as a bunch of tools and other small accessories like spare cables and stuff. i'm convinced my display port cable is somehow faulty because adaptive sync isn't working properly on my monitor yet the people who did that reddit checklist thing has listings of people using the same monitor and it working fine. i had a spare dp cable in that box (a nice high quality one) and it's now in the hands of some hobo somewhere. i'm pissed. i just want to have a tear free gaymen experience.

need displayport

Not an issue since good miners underclock and/or undervolt as well as good ventilation

old hyperthreaded CPUs aren't worth it anymore since security updates weakened hyperthreading a lot and especially nerfed the performance of pre-Skylake CPUs all around.

People still paying $100 for 2600ks are just delusional, tech illiterate retards.

Don't all of them only support it over displayport?

>Wear
Not going to be significant unless you're pinning it at 100% of OC for extended (12+ hours) periods of time

>implying everyone is a good miner

will still be fine unless it's running hot

>Don't all of them only support it over displayport?
yeah but my monitor isnt working with adaptive sync for whatever reason and i've tried literally everything from different ports, clean driver installs, different settings on monitor, different settings in nvidia control panel yet it still doesn't work and i get tearing. the only thing left to test is new cables because when i bought this monitor it came with two completely different cables and i used the cheaper looking amazon basics tier looking one since i didn't really consider cable quality as nvidia didn't support freesync at that time. only now do i realize maybe i fucked up and should have used the higher quality cable it came with. i've read online you can get low quality cables with bad internal connectors which effect bandwidth for stuff like freesync.

>Wear
unless u run retard volts and suicide ruins u should be fine. the problem is the time to stress test it AND If its even worth it in the end. considering thermals and noise levels too.

>What about the gpu?
I think u see some decent gains

Are those updates operating system dependent or microcode updates? It still outperforms Ryzen 3 2200G for the same price.

does your monitor have drivers?

>implying you know anything about mining
Just shut the fuck up already, dumb ass.

nope i've checked that as well. even tried to make sure i have the same firmware version as other people. what's weird is the gsync pendulum demo works like i can switch between no sync and gsync and see the smoothness clearly yet when i'm in game (specifically bf1 and pubg) i get tearing from the middle to the bottom half of the screen. i'm convinced it's a cable issue probably relating to poor connectors and bandwidth. i guess i'm gonna have to shell out like 20 on a new high quality cable now.

Windows pushed microcode updates through OS updates to Intel CPUs because Intel was refusing to push security updates to older CPUs.

And those fixes affect the pre-Skylake CPUs a lot worse. Skylake already had some hardening against the potential threat of Spectre type vulnerabilities, just not enough. People with 4790ks were losing around 15% performance in gaming (reddit tests, since no people who are "tech analysts" for a living have done the tests) compared to the 3-5% of Skylake and later. I'd figure the weaker the CPU, the worse it is.
Subjectively, a lot of my friends with 4670k, 4790k, etc, really felt the loss in performance and could see the jump in their background CPU usage %.

So yeah. 2600k and 3770k are absolutely not worth getting anymore now that DDR4 has come down in price. It's just a complete waste with how overpriced/overvalued they are. The 4790k is borderline.

>he knows every miner on earth and can prove they're good miners
go on

Let's say that I have 100€ to spend for a Top-Tiier CPU cooler for my Ryzen 5 2600.
It is overclocked to 4.0 ghz and can draw up to 120-130W at 100% load.
What air cooler should I get if noise, heatsink size and temperatures sub 70C are my only concerns?
Should I consider an AIO?
Should I consider an AIO?

Attached: 1537621864402.jpg (1600x1452, 150K)

>I want quiet
>should I get an AIO with a loud pump
I HATE YOU RETARDS SO MUCH.
PAY ATTENTION DURING YOUR 6TH GRADE SCIENCE CLASS.

Is Ryzen even an option if I don't plan to ever overclock?

Attached: 1515042981083.jpg (512x512, 34K)

for that price you could get a D15 and no you shouldnt consider AIO

yes even more so, you get less from ocing a ryzen than intel for all core.

just get a 2600x/2700x and run stock

Do your FUCKING JOB mods, you fucking worthless sacks of shit. The anti-Semitism in these threads is getting out of control.

>:-)
>you could get a D15
What about the 100€ Noctua U12A (pic related)
there's only a 12€ price difference between the D15 and U12-A. The u12-a is a lot more aesthetic.

>00€ Noctua U12A (pic related)
whoops

Attached: Noctua_U12A.jpg (1222x1500, 243K)

If you care so much about aesthetics just go full chromax

if u need the extra clearance or whatever sure. havent checked all tests to see if its actually better than a d15 tho. on par I think

Does memory not connect at all with heatsink on this card? It sure looks like it, but "review" claims otherwise. Is the reviewer just a shilling, lying piece of shit Jow Forums ?
>A pair of XFX's 8mm composite heat pipes carries the thermal load from the GPU, VRM, and GDDR5 memory to the large fin array.

Oh, and for additional laughs:
>Peeling the heat sink package off the card shows just how much space is occupied by the new composite heat pipe-based cooling solution. It virtually fills the whole of the fan shroud .

Attached: xfx_rx570_rs.jpg (1024x768, 193K)

>two tower design or one tower design that's 50% weight and materials
>for the same price
hmmm gee i wonder

D15S has plenty clearance

Alright thanks for that information, it looks like I've neglected some updates.

Attached: updates.png (468x357, 22K)

but for a 2600 or even more u could get away way cheaper with something like a 212 evo though..

I currently got pic related and it's a bit too loud for my taste. Keeps my Ryzen at 65-57C at typical loads but only if I play with headphones.

Attached: noctua_nh_d9l_6_2_1.jpg (4928x3264, 1.35M)

>92mm fan
yup checks out

A 212 is badass
it keeps my 8700 icy cool. Fuck these bigass tower coolers unless you're overclocking.

Uhh yeah. 2600X and 2700X you just turn on PBO and you get the same/better results as you'd generally get from overclocking.

They're the best options for someone who doesn't want to OC.

Aye. Pretty youch that you weren't protected ages ago automatically, though.

One of those large square Scythe 120mm coolers and replace the fans with Arctic 120mm PWM. 95% performance and quiet of a D15 for half the cost. Cheaper than that U12A and better.

What GPU won't be bottlenecked by my i7-4790k? Currently have a GTX 680 and am ready to upgrade.

>havent checked all tests to see if its actually better than a d15 tho. on par I think
It's worse. Not bad, but worse than the D15.

Attached: reddit_benchmarks.jpg (1200x712, 57K)

i lost the silicon lottery on my haswell i5 and it requires a lot of juice just for a mediocre OC yet under gaming loads my 212 is still keeping it nice and cool with decent RPM and is barely audible.

less fins and smaller fans.. yup newer fans cant compensate

>60-70C club
yikes. I'm barely above ambient here.

Attached: cinebench undervolt result.png (1920x1150, 666K)

>Cheaper than that U12A and better.
That sounds good but I'm gonna try to sell my current Noctua cooler and get a U12A just for testin. if it performs well, I'll keep it. If it doesn't., I can just return it. and go for your Scythe suggetion. Thanks, user!

Attached: 1554390835613.gif (607x609, 821K)

Found someone offering a 8 months old gtx 1080ti for around 600 euro. Worth it or should i go for rtx 2080/2070? My budget is around 600

Attached: GpZ340opSOI.png (960x714, 656K)

>buying all these coolers
just get a D15 if u want the best air cooler or dark rock pro 4 if u dont like brown

>8 months used
>$600
nope, they were selling them for that brand new ffs

nigger, are YOU selling that GPU?

if not, you have no fucking clue.

>buying used electronics
>gpus espec
ISHYGDDT

bought a 290X during mining crisis. get fucked, son.
these days after mining crash i would be really sceptical

ahem, installing the threadripper on windows 7

why though

enjoy trash thread-management

I want to build some cheapo PCs that can run fortnite, as I run some tournaments (LoL and CS 1.6/GO too).
I see that I can get on buy now rx 580 on eBay, and also some 570 for 100€, so I guess I will go with the 570.
I live in Europe, so I don't see much prebuilts i5 4th gen for those 150€ on eBay.
Can only buy from AliExpress and eBay, no local stores or whatever like Cex.
A friend will sell this to me es.pcpartpicker.com/list/z47rFt but I will probably need to build more like this (old i5/xeon + 470/480/570/580 as they are cheap right now, and DDR3 is like 1~3€ per GB). Most parts are just there to fill the gap, as he has similar ones. The mobo and GPU are the correct ones, the CPU and CPU cooler is what I alreayd have (the CPU is a X5675, it goes up to 4,4GHz at 1,4v, kinda hot and high, but it werks). I alreayd tested the system a little, but I didn't have time to test dual vs triple channel. So yeah, does paying 350€ for that seem fair?

That would be one build, and then I'd try to get off eBay those i5 prebuilt stuff for like 170€ with shipping, that most are i5 2400/3470, 4 or 8GB of RAM, 450 or more PSU, case, CPU cooler and sometimes it includes a 250/430/500/1000GB HDD, so I'd have to add a 100€ rx570 and a 20€ SSD, so I'd be spending like 300~350€ per gayman machine that will play anything at medium/high at 1080.

Any tips I should be considering? Maybe getting better PSUs, I guess, but there aren't a lot of cheap and reliable PSUs out there, they start at like 50€ here.
Any help is appreciated.

Ryzen 2400G

you cant fix stock coolers
just get a AiO to compensate your fuckup
you misapplied thermal paste. thats why your temps are worse

google ITX GPU. tecnically what you want can be done with a 1060 but you might be willing for extra processing if you want to reach them amazing 240fps

dont be dumb
it came with a noise reducer link
it will run a little hot but it should be noticeably more silent

>CPU 120€ at the lowest price here
>MOBO 65€
>RAM 100€
It would end in a little over 500€, after adding the other components.
That's why I'm looking for prebuilt shit being sold on eBay, as it would be cheaper and give a similar performance in games. With the difference in price I can add the GPU, and the RAM, SSD, case and PSU (if needed) would add 100~150€ at most.
So yeah, 500€ vs 350€, and I have to get some like those. Yeah, it might be future-proof, but I would just add a few PCs in like 4 years or so, with current stuff, that will be cheap by then.

>€500
it's like you know nothing
es.pcpartpicker.com/list/LsybMZ

i'd take this over everything you mentioned any day of the week, plus you get warranty and better re-sell value.

thats pretty good, only 20 over his budget since he still needs to pay for the GPU

could buy a aftermarket cooler later anyway, id only complain of the case thats very smol and may not have good airflow

whare is the 570? That adds 100€
And yeah, I won't build a PC to play at a 750ti level (or worse). Also, Some games like Anthem already eat more than 8GB of RAM. Anyways, I won't buy this stuff now, I have to go to a meeting with other people and we will decide what to buy tomorrow. I made a list with new stuff just in case es.pcpartpicker.com/list/wdpjFt I'd get the SSD from AliExpress for 20~30€.
I will vote for the old second hand stuff, but if the people decide to spend a little extra, then whatever. Maybe I will get only just like 2 systems running the iGPu and one or two with a 570.

pls respond

Attached: 1551046614499.png (402x344, 72K)

1660Ti maybe for 1080p60hz for the next few years.

Why are you adding a 570 when the 2400G iGPU will run those games at 60fps fine?
fuck you're dumb. even considering 4 thread CPUs to begin with, too.

fucking retarded mongrels please kill yourselves

Attached: 1550959920881.png (820x729, 185K)

Thank you user that's the one I had in mind anyway.

looks like a nice solid upgrade

Attached: 2019-04-06 17_30_24.png (1500x1276, 284K)

Oh, also, I'd use these PCs at tournaments and such, so the fans (if there are any, I'd get some from Ali) would be runnign at 80~100% speed since it should matter much if they are noisy since they would be in an open area or big rooms.
The 570 is much better than the iGPU on a 2400. I alreayd got a few PCs that are better than a 750ti and on some cases they can't get high settings on 1080 (1050ti, 1060, HD7970, 570, another 1060 and a 580, all with i5s or better).

>The 570 is much better than the iGPU on a 2400.
no fucking shit, sherlock.

next time dont only list games that run on a toaster when you want to play other shit aswell

ali expresss might not just chink you, it will also take 2 months+ to arrive

get the non G version of that processor, will save you some money. then you need a 1060 to play anthem at 1080p according to their website, you gonna need better GPU or compromise graphics

Doesn't matter when the shit 4 thread CPU is going to bottleneck the RX570.
A 2500k will bottleneck a 570 and the Xeons you're talking about getting, since as you mentioned later generations are too expensive in your country, are worse.

And why does it matter that the 570 is better when you're going to be playing on a poorfag secondhand 60hz monitor and playing games the iGPU run at 60fps? lmao