UMPC Thread

Was thinking of getting the new GPD MicroPC, figured it'd be good for coding on the subway.

> RS232
> Lots of USB
> Full size hdmi
> Ethernet
> HEADPHONE JACK

Also, UMPC thread

Attached: voigprasa8tjjcx9qool.png (695x561, 250K)

coding on the subway
just use a normal fucking laptop?

Some of us have to stand during our commute you fat fuck

why not get a 12-13" cheap "ultrabook"
my gf has a Swift 1 and it has
>3 USB
>full sized HDMI
>SD reader
>headphone jack
and it's like 1kg if that, same size as a macbook air

In that case just use a phone.
I'm pretty sure you just want an UMPC for fashion reasons :^)

Attached: 76e28ded34e2a91c9bedfcbeecdf.jpg (1350x2048, 422K)

I tried that for a year, it's very uncomfortable. Also, I need to stand about half the time.

I got a cheap 11" Chromebook last year, but same problem as above - hard to work on a moving train without it sliding off your lap.

Even if you could justify doing such a dumb fucking thing in a crowded subway making yourself an easy target for niggers, that piece of shit in the OP wouldn't at all be useful for that.
Of course he does, none of these kikestarter scams are actually made for people who will use them.

I use an Inspiron Mini in moving cars all the time, it sounds like you're just trying to rationalize having more money than sense.

I live in Singapore, theft isn't a problem here.

> did you just assume my gender

>hard to work on a moving train without it sliding off your lap.
i'm not sure you'll be able to do much while standing with the OP pic either...

I can't believe these retared toys are a thing.
>coding on a subway
Can't you wait till you're at work/home ? The fuck?

if i'm at home, i'm just going to spend all my time on Jow Forums or netflix, if i'm at work i'm going to be working - i wanted to use my commute for distraction-free personal project time, since it is quite long

>coding on the subway
I don't buy your bullshit. Coding with this keyboard layout?
You're gonna watch anime like you do now on your smartphone.

I doubt it, but just keep rationalizing.
I was going to enter some long-winded rant about how fucking asinine and pathetic this excuse is, but summed it up for me nicely. This is basically UMPC faggots in general to a tee.

fuk u i'm getting it anyways, idk why i asked

Going to be overpriced compared to performance like all of GPD's other shit, plus that keyboard mouse combo looks awful
The only "good" alternatives i'd recommend are the GPD Pocket or the Gemini PDA running whatever linux they managed to get working on it. Both of those are also stupid expensive but the keyboards are better by a margin at least. Assuming youre ACTUALLY gonna code anything

>Watching anime on your smartphone instead of an 2010 UMPC powered by a 2008 singlecore smartphone CPU
It's like this board is now inhibited by a completely different set of people than it was just 5 years ago.
You fucking doublenigger can fuck off to /a/ or /v/, this is the board of pointlessly autistic consumer electronics and free operating systems riced beyond usability.

Attached: Comfy_pandora.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

>Going to be overpriced compared to performance like all of GPD's other shit
The Pocket PC is one of the cheapest devices powered by that particular CPU. The AllDoCube KNote X for example has the same CPU and costs 50$ more, has less ports and is not even close to being the same form factor.

Other tablets with the same CPU:
>Teclast X4 - $450
>Lenovo Tablet 10 - more than $500

I wanted something with a thumb keyboard, since I wanted to use it in places where I don't have a surface to put it on.

I wanted the Pandora so badly when it was announced, but they took too long to ship, and now they're doing the same with the Pyra.

get a toughbook U1