I'm about to pull the trigger on a Herman Miller Ebody. It's $1,395

I'm about to pull the trigger on a Herman Miller Ebody. It's $1,395.

This is your last chance to talk me out of it.

Attached: b2c_3x4crop.jpg (907x680, 41K)

Get a Steelcase Gesture instead

What makes it better, in your opinion?

Attached: Herman_Miller_Embody.jpg (535x368, 37K)

>It's $1,395
If this hasn't talked you out of it, nothing will.

I have one, I like it

wooden chair from ikea does the same job

I can do the same job as Lebron James, in theory

Attached: ig_prd_ovw_embody_chairs_02.jpg.rendition.480.480.jpg (360x480, 34K)

Buy it.

You can buy a used Gesture (or new Silk) for $600.

redpill me on mesh vs leather chairs, Jow Forums

Attached: 1554338265077.png (495x395, 210K)

See if there's an open box special, I got a 1k Aeron for $500
Mesh eliminates ass sweat and generally supports better posture, leather is only good for reclining in and even then it has to be good leather

go to ebay or a business liquidation auction and buy a lightly used (read: bought by a startup that failed 4 months later) for like $250 rather than dropping almost 1500 big ones on a chair

Back isn't mushy when you lean to one side, fully adjustable armrests, it has a headrest.

I bought the aeron off of madisonseating.com. The new price is like 1,200 on a new aeron but madison seating I got it for ~ $530. Its literally the same as brand new, I think it was just "open box" or whatever. Still, saved me 700+. Just trying to save you a bit if you're frugal like me.

That being said, regardless where you get it from OP, the aeron is a good chair. Dont waste your money on the posture fit, it's not worth it. Get an aftermarket headrest instead.

most leather that's used on chairs is shit that wears easily. leather warms up but gets sweaty, mesh gives you a cold ass if you're near a draft. foam padding collapses in time, mesh suspensions will still wear but you aren't going to be sitting on a piece of wood with 1mm of super compressed foam over it after using it daily for a few years. some kinds of mesh will tear up your jeans, particularly the herman miller aeron foam. if you can something with a cut above the usual GeNuInE LeAtHeR crap and don't live in a hot climate then get leather but expect to replace the seat padding once in a while.

Not reading good things about Madison Seating's ""warranty""

/thread

This. If you think you need anything else, you undoubtedly have weak posture and muscles and/or are overweight, and live a life of decadence and pure consumerism.

I hear that people can buy office chairs for fuckin cheap on auction from offices that go out of business
how do you go about finding out about these deals?

I have a better 500 dollar chair I got from office Depot. It has a head rest, reclines, adjustable lower back support, adjustable head rest and arm rests. And it's all floating mesh fabric which is cleaner and more comfortable than cushions

thanks, keep us updated
I liked your post

but can you dunk on kobe, in theory?

I HAVE ONE BRO
ITS SHIT
DONT DO IT

You can pickup a used Embody on craigslist for a fraction of the price with no significant difference from a new one. Currently sitting on an Aeron purchased for $400 barely used from a photography studio.

The usual stipulation is that you move it yourself

It's a fucking chair. You're paying for a meme brand so they can continue hiring shills telling everyone that you should totally drop a grand on a goddamn chair as if it had some kind of magic property. Buy a normal chair that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and work on your core strength. That's all you need.

Are these expensive chairs even comfortable? There is a stiff mesh chair at my workplace and I always avoid it because it is uncomfortable and cold. And it has this big steel ring that I guess is supposed to be a footrest, but it digs into my calf and causes my leg to be sore and go to sleep.

I also have an Aeron. It's good but somehow I expected more, although I don't know what I really expected lol.
It doesn't feel that much different than my old chair.

You’re not even black, don’t lie