Phone integration

Apple has it and had it for a long time.
Now Linux has it.

When is Windows going to catch up?
Why does Microsoft struggle so much with implementing useful features while at the same time spending copious amounts of their developer's time pushing garbage noone asked for?

Another good example is Alt/Win+Mouse key window management. Such a great feature that would be a blessing for literally everyone that doesn't keep just their browser open.

Attached: Zrzut ekranu z 2019-04-07 00-11-16.png (895x855, 109K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4053443/windows-10-linking-your-phone-pc-help
howtogeek.com/361418/all-the-ways-windows-10-works-with-your-android-or-iphone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Now Linux has it.
Please elaborate?

>HURR DURR
support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4053443/windows-10-linking-your-phone-pc-help
take fucking 5 seconds to google something before making a thread you fucking retard

>living under a rock
KDE Connect/GSConnect

take 5 fucking minutes and actually try it out. It's fucking horrible and can't be called a phone integration.
sorry but those can't be compared to Apple's phone integration. They're not bad but by far not as powerful as Apple's.

I don't know whether you're trying to be an asshole or genuinely curious so I will assume the latter.

Both major GNU/LInux environments (Gnome and KDE) allow you to integrate your Android smartphone (text messages, clipboard integration, file browsing, call notification/muting) by being connected to the same network via KDE connect protocol (on gnome it's a shell extension called gsconnect, a fraction of which (the text messaging window) I presented in the oP)

>make a thread saying wangblows has no phone integration
>get btfo
>b-but it's bad
dumbass

>powerful
What do you mean? What is it missing and why should I care?

I use Pushbullet to connect my various applications like Sonarr, Radarr and Android SMS and I fucking that I have to use a botnet service. I want something I can host on my own server to handle notifications and broadcast shit via libnotify on my Linux desktops.

>I don't know whether you're trying to be an asshole or genuinely curious so I will assume the latter.
I was curious. I know KDE's phone integration but OP sounded like there was something new. I wish I could actually talk and text with my machine like with iPhones/Mac.
It's so bad it can't be called a phone integration. Also it requires an Android 7+ device. My work phone still hase Android 6.
Can't call or text with my machine.

Linux is a kernel. The systems name is GNU.

>Get Notifications on Your PC
>Respond to Text Messages on Your PC
>Send Links to Your PC
>Set Reminders on Your PC and Get Them on Your Phone
>View Phone Activities in Your Timeline
>Microsoft Apps Like OneDrive, Edge, Office, and More
>Send Messages Between Apps on Your Phone and PC
but this isn't phone integration? kill yourself you fucking retard
also android 6 support was dropped almost 2 years ago

before you call me a shill, I don't even use 10

Attached: 1498763556591.png (986x715, 471K)

Who in their right mind would want to get double the amount of distraction? I could use that shit, but I don't. Windows users aren't missing out on anything of value.

Most features are still not implemented. Actually fucking try it you dumb fucking nigger. Only things you can do atm is look at your PHOTOS (not files) and read/write SMS. Big fucking deal.

Imagine being an adult man and saving pictures of little chinese cartoon girls on your machine.

>google is a verb
>>HURR DURR
Hmm...

>Imagine being an adult and still being scared of what other people think of you.
>"They might tell mommy!1"

i literally pulled all those points from
howtogeek.com/361418/all-the-ways-windows-10-works-with-your-android-or-iphone/
and it has screenshots of it working
keep living in denial just because your retarded thread got btfo by the second post

>caring what others think
how does it feel to be 16?

hi freetard

>set up GSconnect
>get a call
>notification on top pops up
>there's a dedicated button for muting the ringtone/buzzer or to discard the call
>my music volume is smoothly turned down a notch so I can hear the buzzing
one of the few times you get a truly wholesome experience using Linux. It worked as if God himself intended it to work like this.
It should be a standard on Gnome.

Attached: 1543853056056.jpg (750x814, 158K)

You can text from KDE Connect. Not sure if Android supports calling remotely.

They're actually working to make it standard on gnome in the future it just needs to pass more beta testing. Good thing about GNOMEs extension model is that experimental features can be added without requiring a complete package upgrade.

Absolutely based.

>the music automatically comes back when you finish the call
>it actually works with any kind of media player, even embedded videos in the browser
>and the clipboard, the fucking clipboard!