Jow Forums confession thread

i never had a job.

Attached: 1406538703452.jpg (601x601, 43K)

my x60 runs windows 10 ltsc 32bit

I can't prove by induction.

Attached: 1517598632869.png (601x508, 127K)

I never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

I'm barely fluent in a single language. That said I've done courses in at least seven.

The bit of software I was hired to make was discontinued after a year in use

I wouldn't be able to commit to a relationship even if I ever managed to get in one

i was a chad from 13 until 22, then world of warcraft, thinkpads and Jow Forums made me into a neckbeard and ruined my life. i've fucked a lot of girls and now i'm stuck without pussy and without the ability to become a wizard in my 30's. life sucks.

Im 32 and virgin. Didn't turn into a wizard, but I learned everything about wm's and minimal installs.
Explain this to me Jow Forums

Nobody said the wizard powers were any useful.

>he still doesn't know any wizard spells

Attached: 1427323781874.jpg (529x399, 26K)

i pretend to merge my team codes but actually i just overwrite their shitty ugly code

Attached: 1554390312557.jpg (3024x4032, 842K)

I use ubuntu with nvidia because I could never get the drivers to install properly on windows.

i thought all drivers should be preinstalled in windows.

Back when I bought my graphics card it was fairly new so windows would keep installing an incompatible driver causing the system to boot to a black screen requiring safe mode. I eventually said fuck it and have been using ubuntu ever since for like 5 years.

i am 32 and still live with my mom. i am too autistic to get a job

Attached: 190323 프로미스나인 (fromis_9) - 러브 밤 (LOVE BOMB) 직캠(Fancam) @전국체전 100주년 (1252x1080, 2.94M)

phew, that's a relief to hear,, i am only 28.

Attached: img000012.jpg (1096x1600, 587K)

I have a TS clearance and work for a 3 letter organization, I make $200k a year and don't know how to code.

if you are a neet at 28 you will most likely be in my situation 4 years from now

Attached: 190323 프로미스나인 (fromis_9) - 러브 밤 (LOVE BOMB) 직캠(Fancam) @전국체전 100주년 (1920x1080, 2.8M)

I'm 27 and never had a job or a girlfriend. I lost all my friends after highschool. Too scared to put myself out there, even online. I'm that one dude who has facebook with no image and never posts.

is that fucking naruto on the bookshelf?

in almost 7 years of university, I barely passed the 4th semester, then dropped out
also, I was like and still am, in some senses.

kys

kek. just b yourself lad

I dropped out of a chemistry degree and went to a community college for networking. Learned Linux stuff on the side and a fuck ton of network stuff via Cisco classes they offer. I don't regret it in the slightest, though I haven't even told my parents, who still think I'm doing chem

I don't regret it in the slightest, chem got so soul crushing and shitty compared to what I thought it would be like in high school, but with my current shit I aced the shit out of my first interview for a proper fucking career job after only like a year of work. Wasted 3 years in chemistry and didn't get shit

I'm much happier now. Im scared of almost becoming a normie, but I feel so much better about everything

ought to fix that desu

Holy fuck be my daddy

please sirs gib job

No one can.

I refuse to go to school, so i think I can teach myself programming and do freelance stuff for money

I have a CS meme degree but teach English in China.

I got in a shitty foreign languages major in university and dropped out after 3 years because I couldn't stand the pozzed ambiance. Afterwards I gave in to my love for technology and computers and now I self-teach programming and prepare to enroll in university again but on the right major this time. Yes I do know my life is a meme, feel free to rub it in as much as you want. I deserve it.

Attached: trumpet.jpg (402x402, 27K)

>can't travel
>can only go to San Diego or the grand canyon for the millionth time

i dropped out of studying CS in uni because of huge anxiety, now i'm too old to have the luxury of only focusing on school, so i have to work, and the local uni's CS degree only has classes during the day. how do older people with bills/responsibilities finish bachelor degrees?

i am about to graduate from uni
i have horrible anxiety that i only can handle by taking 4 different medications that numb my emotions
i have made zero friends over the past 4 years
i can count the number of people i have talked to on two hands
i live in my parents basement
i have a 3.9 gpa, computer science
i signed a job offer for $80k/year + great benefits
im not sure how i am going to handle going from not talking to anyone to having to work with other people

Attached: eipysty.jpg (240x237, 15K)

Sounds like you've got it made

bullshit. if you work for the government, you get dogshit pay. maybe ur contracting for a 3 letter, but no way you work for one

yeah if i dont fuck it up and can handle it

it's easy as shit. prove the first case f(0) or f(1), then prove the nth+1 case, f(n+1) by assuming that the nth case is correct, and using that fact. you need to reorder f(n+1) in such a way that f(n+1) follows the same general algorithm of f(n), but applied to n+1

I can't wrap my head around oop.

Attached: kuro.jpg (2000x1334, 229K)

Most people are utter retards and you have lost nothing avoiding them

I'm an electrical engineer that taught all the CS students back in the day how to fucking code.

I work in a company that makes closed source cryptography devices for governments that are too retarded to have their own in-house cryptography shit. Our products are terrible, but we sell them for big bux and nobody knows about them being terrible because we're so closed off about it.

Also I have been in a relationship with a girl for 7 years, the last of which she probably spent cheating on me and it fucking destroyed me, because she was a very decent partner for most of the relationship and now i have super high expectations of grills while not being a knight in shining armor myself : ^)

That feeling doesent come more often with age it comes less. Take advantage of it and take the work to get ahead pill.

What exactly is there to wrap your head around?

>objects exist
>they have properties and methods which children can inherit

Woah so hard. Just how rotted is your brain?

im 21 and i have failed everything i've done, 4 years of college without even passing a single subject, i thought "oh well everybody who fails at life ends up in programming and stuff and end up having a good life afterall" turns out i don't really like programming or techno shit either, im fucking useless, the worst of the worst.

m8 you're a human being who is relatively more successful than the majority of people already at a young age. being comfortable to talking to new people is a skill that just needs to be developed so don't sweat it. even if you feel awkward, the other people probably won't care that much as long as you don't say weird shit. be happy :D

Fuck off, you are in great position to be complaining about anything.

They usually don't user.

I don't have a single DVI or HDMI monitor

23y here, pretty bad at everything but i’m on the verge of finishing my bachelors with a sub 3 gpa. No job lined up for when i finish but hopefully we’ll all make it in the end r-right?

Attached: C084F559-6AD2-4EF1-88E6-1C37590CD6F5.png (489x423, 23K)

I have a first class honors degree in software engineering and I don't know how to program.

Or rather, it just doesn't naturally *click* in my head when I think about it.
Though I haven't done much programming in ages, so I'm much out of practice.

Attached: aka.jpg (1024x682, 77K)

It's been a while since a 3D brough my attention, nice girl.

I'm waiting for the shitty startup I work for to go under so I can enjoy some NEETbux.

sorry to break it to you user, college diplomas mean nothing in the real world unless you're in STEM.

enjoy working at taco bell with a 100k debt. boomers sold you a false dream.

Attached: 1427941638622.png (1023x681, 1.72M)

I quit a relatively high-paying tech position after two years to chase a dream of becoming a professor of history. I spent all my savings on a graduate program, wrote a huge thesis, and haven't been able to land a solid position for almost a year now (only online instructing and contracted tutoring). I am almost broke, and wish I could go back in time and never quit that comfy sysadmin position. I'm too far down the rabbit hole, debt is piling up, and I don't know how to give up on my dream and go back to IT without shaming myself and my family.

Why didn't you drop out, how naive can you be? Also don't some courses require you to have some previous courses completed?
You should've realised that there isn't much of a market for jobs involving history. An unfortunate situation, I wish you the best of luck

I have a comfy job and a comfy girlfriend and even if I don't follow all the social trends, I do well with people.

Aldo I don't live in a shit country like the USA.

>how naive can you be?
Thing is that i changed careers, i was first into economy, then into other finance degree and then i moved into Chemical engineering, i never even finished a semester or anything, neither pass a subject, i always lost interest and never study, i think something is fucked up inmy brain for good since i turned 18 and had some kind of accident.

The worst is that everyone who has a similar story to this ends up in programming and woww happy ending somehow manages to get a good job and everything and i don't even like this shit, im fucking done. maybe in some time i will kmyself and that will be all. miserable life from the start to the end

What's it like being a pathological liar?

I have a CS degree with a 2.8 GPA

I know how to program but I don't know how to program well, I only produce unmaintainable (even for myself) spaghetti code with tons of bugs each time, the fact that I'm using C++99 at work probably doesn't help

I have no idea about anything Software Engineering related, like Scrum, Kanban, Agile, UML, whatever. I just implement shit my boss tells me to. I'm a codemonkey in his truest form.

I have never had a girlfriend in my life, in fact I had so little contact with girls/women other than my mom, the last time I had a 1-on-1 conversation with a female that wasn't my mom was back in elementary school. And even then there were probably other people present. So the number of times I have talked to a girl, any girl, alone is literally ZERO.

I don't have any friends either. I can't even make friends with other autists for some reason. There are these IT guys who play lots of vidya together and I tried to invite myself to a round once, they begrudgingly accepted but they obviously didn't enjoy my company. They never invited me again, and I always have to force myself on them, mostly they pretend they don't have any time when they collectively log in to CSGO 10 minutes later after I go invisible in Steam.

Attached: kuroki8.gif (498x408, 1.37M)

yet still you come to American websites, using American technology to speak to Americans.

At work rn. I never wanted to get fucked so badly! Why tf am I so horny lately in all these odd moments?? :(

I got a ryzen 2600 for this dakimakura desu

Attached: 1554557756.jpg (1280x960, 127K)

based

I'm a ventilation fitter.

Ooooh your changed careers I see. Yeah one of my friends seems to have done that a lot throughout the years and studied a bunch of different things but never finished.
If you wanna kill yourself make sure think twice about the impact on people and leave behind good notes for your relatives/friends. I've struggled with that a lot and I'm only here because of my family, life is miserable indeed but I'm trying to make the most of it and stay positive right now :^)

I also was considering trying linguistics before entering my informatics course. Not disappointed, but sometimes, looking at the state of IT industry and having many personal preferences, I wonder if it would be better to excel in some another field and hate it instead, while computer stuff would remain being my beloved hobby (like how it happened for Luke). But then I remember that with linguistics (or even some other) degree finding a job would be even harder than finding the most obscure IT job out there. So no matter what, it was a smart and obvious choice.
Plus I live in not very English-speaking country, so the ability to read the not-yet-translated docs still gives me a huge advantage among peers.
I'm still uncertain on my career, firstly wanted to be a sysadmin, and now thinking about the challenge of embedded programming. I'll probably just go for master's degree and after that will decide.
By the way, if you are good with learning new languages, you are probably good with learning new programming languages, too.
Have a good luck, user.

Attached: 1548951511566-g.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Are you me user? Except I don't even know how to code. I dunno why I could never made friends since I was little, maybe because I have some undiagnosed disorder? Some user posted about Schizoid personality disorder and I kinda ticks all the boxes, but I don't want to immediately think I have it.

OOP *isn't* about 'objects'. It's about having contexts defined by 'interfaces' that you can you can substitute various objects into and have them each perform a role in a way that's appropriate to them.

Inheritance and whether a given member should be private/protected is irrelevant bullshit you shouldn't worry about to much.

>Structures exists
>they have members that children can interact with

I'm a code monkey who hasn't studied CS and hasn't mastered a single language.
I just get the job done by googling a lot. But I'm still more productive than my CS colleagues.

Attached: 1sqj1c.jpg (620x465, 37K)

source?

also still studying enginieering, though either finishing this semester or dropping out.

Like the other said, you are in a better position compared to the rest. I really hope you find a way to deal with your anxiety outside of medication. I was also anxious with people but when I got a job where I was forced to talk to people, my situation got a lot better.

23.5 here. Like everyone else here, I was the respected big potential guy in school that amounted to shit. I've started a plethora of uni degrees and would sometimes get two second year and drop out via entire failure. In the past like normal people I always tried but nowadays and the last few years it's just been so troublesome and not worth doing anything. It's also bizarre when ppl look u square in the eye in shock that I haven't had a gf. One thing is for certain, when my parents pass I'm either going with them or I'll be free.

Get into set theory. It might help with the intuition or insight. I recently learned some set theory and am on to something related to proofs by negation such as modus tollens or modus ponens *things not being part of a particular set.

I'm 30, finished two schools, my professions are graphic designer and system administrator. Never had a real job with these stuff. I worked for about 5 years in a place as a test operator, I became a droid. Degenerate retards were everywhere, especially the HR babes. None of them listened to our opinions, they fucked up everything. One day I said fuck you all and I left that shithole. I moved back to my parents 4 years ago. I'm unemployed since. I went to shool with my sysadmin profession in my hometown. During these 2 years we learned that we will became more retarded, because our studies were fucking worthless.

I had a girlfriend for about two years, but we fucked it up. I don't want any relationship again, because I know that I will destroy it for sure, even if I don't want to. I have a few friends but 80% of them contacts me if he/she needs something to do with ther shitty computer. But when we talk about some shit, I know that they don't give a fuck about my opinion, so it's better if I shut my mouth.

I hate going out to public places, I love to be alone since the beginning of time. I'm nervous as fuck, all the time, even when I'm alone. 20 cigarettes/day may help me get out of this world. For about 1 year now everything bores me to death, I think about death every day. I just want to disappear fron this world, like *snap*.

I use skullfuck my laptop periodically without having good backups. (up until recently no money for HDs) Just by forgetting where I was, rm -rf and os.walk in the wrong place as well in a python script. Each time I lose dozens of one off scripts of stuff I didn't think was worth putting up in a private repo.

Also mac os x for some reason just likes to get hung updating at least it use to.

Na man, there are a ton of private dev jobs around Northern Virginia related to like GIS intelligence for military shit I guess and almost all of them TS clearance.

my autistic flatmate told me that i'm not allowed to piss standing up because she thinks that it splashes (it doesn't), and she listens at the door to see if i'm pissing and once she came in when i was pissing and slapped my penis and then i pissed on the floor and my pants and she just walked out and i told her to clean it up and she pretended that she didn't know what i was talking about and we both just ignored the puddle of piss for 3 days until i caved and cleaned it up and now i lay my penis in the sink when i piss which is silent so she won't come in and she washes her face in the sink

I never managed to learn to type with all my fingers.

post her pic

>imagine trying to be a waggie to the capitalism

Based and sinkpissed.

I still enjoy dabbing and screwed&chopped rap

Me too, friend.

Never had a job. Graduated from my local community college with a 3.52 GPA in graphic design. Still don't have a job. Want to unironically learn how to code so I can make a website for my webcomic.

I'm wasting my life. I was born with a fairly high IQ, was bored in school, never did much, was a loner. Started taking lots drugs in my teens, didn't finish high school. Lived with my parents until my late 20s. Living in a pretty wrecked place with my gf now, working a boring job making a little more than 30k€. I'm not really good at anything, I just am good enough in a lot of things to pretend to know shit. I'm to lazy to specialize, but even if I did I don't think it would be of any advantage to me. I have no degree, didn't learn any trade, have no savings whatsoever... I've hit a dead end and don't really know what to do other than to keep going. Probably getting more and more depressed, the signs are definitely there, but I can't be bothered to do something about it.

Gross, English teachers are the lowest scum.

I have a direct family member like you. Good looking - high IQ. Basically everything you say. Drug abuse and its damage made him impossible though. I disowned him after years of too much psychological abuse.

i am a 10/10 chad in the face but i am a framelet and a manlet at that and nobody takes me seriously because of that.

>it's so simple! what's not to understand?
t.never worked on production code

I'm about to work for a company affiliated with microsoft, I will become a sinful member of the emacs church

Attached: rms facepalm.png (496x377, 178K)