Where do you get your music from?

Where do you get your music from?
>YouTube tards not allowed

Attached: 20190406_185848.jpg (3264x2448, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

interviewfor.red
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is doggo ded?

private trackers

SMLoadr

Deezloader

No

Attached: Snapchat-848312836.jpg (1960x3800, 2.37M)

spotify (this is the correct answer)

Thanks for the clarification. Cute doggo btw

Attached: donke.jpg (2048x1536, 877K)

Just ded inside.

Deezloader and bandcamp for obscure stuff. Can't into private trackers.

chiru.no/download, or at least I used to.
It's been down for a while now.

Alexa and amazon music, it's 3.99 a month and you just say play"whatever the name of the song is" and it just does it,you can also say play songs from the 80s,90s,2000s,or even comedy and it just does it. Like Picard on Star Trek when he tells the computer to play a song, you can pause it rewind it skip it all just by telling it to do it. Of course they're spying on you. But I'm not going back to having to manually bring up my songs again when I can just speak into the air and it magically listens to me.

I download from YouTube or extract and combine the audio files from Guitar Hero charts

After hearing a song, I usually Google it based on basic lyrics. Then it usually takes me to YouTube. Then I usually buy the CD it's on if the album has at least 3 songs I like.

>pays for music
user are you ok? Those are some pretty self-destructive tendencies you have there.

Soulseek and modded spotify

Rutracker
TPB (free as in free viruses)
"[album name] zip" on Google

Get on this level of casual

I also pay for software, games, anime Blu-ray/DVD box sets, movies, and an anime streaming service. Run my own file server. There's nothing wrong with buying media user. You support the developers and anyone involved.

I wonder if Orwell ever imagined people would voluntarily mic their homes.

Attached: 1544725943766.png (450x367, 34K)

Used to get it from Oink, then What.cd, now Redacted and Orpheus

what.cd

;-)

>hes a law abiding citizen
user are you ok?

interviewfor.red

Spotify because I'm not a poorfag nigger

youtube or soundcloud

Soulseek. There's no reason to use anything else unless it's rare

Fuck load of CDs, if not then cracked Spotify

redacted.ch or orpheus

Deezer finally updated their encryption. No longer works.

Soulseek

based soulseek users

rockbox for most stuff I like
rutracker for the rest

I have a windows server that serves as my soulseek upload. I just throw my files onto the NAS and do a rescan.

>Deezer finally updated their encryption. No longer works.
still works on latest smloadr

Bandcamp

thats a big doggo

Interesting, I'll have to try it out again.

CDs from the library.

No I’m not kidding, I really still do this.

t. Boomer

order of album search
>torrentz2
>soulseek
But if it's available on bandcamp I will get it there.
I also use specific blogs that provide download links for specific genres: Black Metal, City Pop and BBC Radio 1 Essential Mixes.
Private trackers are nice and all but those people are too much.

Attached: 1442966891664.gif (255x167, 3.98M)

Will you tell us
that you're ok

spotify ; )

4 u

just use youtube-dl and beets

I use youtube-dl.
What's wrong with that?

I bought youtube red on a starter credit cars back when it was only 9.99 to build credit. Now im grandfathered in and dont want to lose that in case i change my mind in the future

The local record store

Attached: example-95923.jpg (1024x1024, 65K)

>You support the developers and anyone involved
nice meme

Bandcamp or rutracker (rare).

Does it have the band Arghoslent?

Same

Attached: file.png (142x70, 3K)

that's from that this waifu does not exist website, right?

soulseek or rutracker

Spotify and Bandcamp

Spotify or download.
You guys ever do a share, a computer and everyone has a large capacity drive flash or external. Copy everything on to the first, then all those to the rest. You get alot of duplicates but new stuff too.

What kind of a spastic tries to pass an interview just to steal music

Private tracker cucks and soulseek dealers are the worst kind of scum.
I publicly share everything I get from red on soulseek. I also blacklist soulseek ""diggers"" so they can't see that I share everything I trade from them.

Amazon.com on CD.

Already fixed. Remix.

based

no one tell him

>There's nothing wrong with buying media
Yes, there is. Copyright holders have already made their profits. Most of your money at that point is going to third parties who don't have any rights to exist (e.g. crunchyroll). Not only that, but you usually get fucked by DRM anyway, so what you bought isn't even yours.
The only media worth paying for is when you get a cut and dry file download that you can do whatever you want with (gumroad is pretty good for supporting independent creators).

>Soulseek

>Copyright holders have already made their profits. Most of your money at that point is going to third parties who don't have any rights to exist
This is actually retarded, though a little less retarded if we were in a pure digital delivery economy.
Copyright holders generally don't have the facilities to produce the media (discs or whatever), print the media, transport, stock and distribute.
Even if they did, it would still cost them to do all of these things so the price of the media would likely remain the same with a similar cut going to the copyright holder while the mega corporation has to distribute the rest between the different departments.

In regards to pure digital delivery and your example of Crunchyroll, they are buying distribution rights for that shit. You can't expect them to do that purely out of their own pockets. They also translate most, if not all, of the shit they provide and even though fansubbers do that shit for free (well not anymore, they almost all just rip subs from Crunchyroll or other stream services now) they actually pay their translators.
So yeah, they're actually legitimately putting money into Japan's anime industry in order to provide a legitimate way for foreigners to watch a lot of shit and you're mad because you think they should run at a 100% loss.
Stop being retarded. Most of the anime that comes out of Japan is on paid TV and the free methods of watching in Japan are even worse than CR.

p2p and dark web

>You support the developers and anyone involved.
The amount of interviews I've watched where Thom Yorke criticises how little artists actually get per CD and how much music execs get must be in the hundred by now.

Very based SS uploader. I'm sorry for leeching.

TLMC
Soulseek

Redacted.ch
Or CD

piratebay?

I rarely buy physical media. I think it's been on the way out for more than a while. Blu ray is a much higher quality than streaming, but they overprice them so much that nobody is going to buy every disc for every video. It would be far better to cut the middle man and sell the video files directly through the internet.
As for digital media, it's garbage. Choosing to waste your money on exclusive licenses is anti-consumer, and I really have no idea why anybody supports these streaming services. And Crunchyroll doesn't even license the blu ray releases so you get stuck with the lowest quality garbage only because you decide to pay for them. I don't think they should run at a loss, I think that they should have a bottom line that provides more to the consumer than basic legality (and in my opinion, exclusive streaming licenses should not be). It's also a terrible business investment because now you have Netflix being able to do the same thing and drive the smaller sites right into the ground for not having the money to buy exclusives.

this

thanks for paying for my entertainment, KEK

>And Crunchyroll doesn't even license the blu ray releases
Because that would cost them even more money, which would in turn cost the consumers more money because people rarely buy physical media, so they'd be stuck subsidizing the BD department with stream money.

Is this a pasta?

You know what else costs them more money? Exclusive licenses. Ironically, if they respected the consumers they would have the money to provide a higher quality service.
You're attempting to justify objectively flawed business practices, not even trying to contradict my point which is that consumers receive an inferior product when they decide to pay for it.

Spotify and youtube music, I no longer give a fuck anymore. I embraced the botnet.

YOUTUBE MUSIC
(ᵔᴥᵔ)(ᵔᴥᵔ)(ᵔᴥᵔ)

someone should make a soulseek client for android

>You know what else costs them more money? Exclusive licenses.
True, but this is what allows them to offer the service to such a wide selection of countries. Many regions (particularly before Netflix started up competition) had even worse solutions than Crunchy with worse selection or lower quality.
What Crunchy tried to do, when possible, was provide service globally (though never Japan because Japan reserved that).
>Ironically, if they respected the consumers they would have the money to provide a higher quality service.
Only if they closed the free services and increased the cost of pay service.

>You're attempting to justify objectively flawed business practices, not even trying to contradict my point which is that consumers receive an inferior product when they decide to pay for it.
The problem is more that Crunchy, along with others, are still working within a flawed system built off the pure physical distribution system and these companies don't have the ability to change the system because it is the big companies above them that are setting the rules.
Consumers pay a small amount and get an inferior product, because the superior products (Blu-rays) cost a lot more, unless you're counting just pirating it in which case, yes, consumers who pay for the inferior product get a worse product than those who steal the superior product.

For full disclosure, yes, I do pirate anime. I have also purchased several series including a few on BD direct from Japan.

Deezloader for common stuff. SoulSeek for weird / out of print stuff. Bandcamp for /mu/core stuff only me and like 6 other people listen to. RuTracker is good but it can be annoying to deal with .cue files.

From soulseek?

I wonder how big his knot is, haha, just kidding!

i pay for spotify

the experience of having playlists you create on your desktop automatically synced to your phone is amazing

>this is what allows them to offer the service to such a wide selection of countries
What is that supposed to mean? Regular licenses do the same thing, and don't cost as much.
>Only if they closed the free services and increased the cost of pay service
They wouldn't have to. All that would be required is that they stop paying more for intellectual monopolies.
>it is the big companies above them that are setting the rules
Partially true, but not entirely. Crunchyroll didn't always have competition like it does. When the market was smaller, they could have made whatever rules they want since they weren't in danger of the bigger sites taking all their anime from them. Their only market is people who don't want to illegally download, so they have a guaranteed consumer base no matter what.
>Consumers pay a small amount and get an inferior product
And that's the issue. The only reason it is that way is because there is no competition between the major sites. All of them are perfectly content with sitting on their asses and ignoring piracy and feature development because they already have what they've came for.
Pirating TV or BD rips gives you the same or better experience than on legal sites, which is a problem. If IP law didn't allow for monopolies, then these companies would be scrambling to offer real incentives that make their sites at least as good as pirating, if not even better. Bitrates are terrible, libraries are incomplete, subs are lazy, and you can't even dream of a file download option.

Attached: piracy.png (450x255, 41K)

Oops, meant to quote

Google. You can find almost everything with it (Yes, lossless, too).

I just use youtube and pirate bay very rarely

Music is one jewed up industry and I'm not going to exert any effort trying to path around the jewry

>Regular licenses do the same thing, and don't cost as much.
No, they don't.
Licenses are generally region specific, like all other distribution licenses.
>When the market was smaller, they could have made whatever rules they want
No, they still had to operate under regional distribution licenses. Other companies could and would bid for distribution rights covering both physical and digital distribution in regions and Crunchy would need to fight to get digital distribution rights.

As for the last part, that just becomes a question of the "value" of the product. I don't think anyone is going to agree on what the value of Blu-ray quality is but let me tell you, the Japs get fucked in the ass for them while it's positively cheap overseas in comparison, often with equal or better quality video. (Stay away from Sentai, though).

I don't listen to music because I'm an adult. Grow up.

Soulseek nowadays thanks to Jow Forums

Anyone know if soulseek does a rescan on start up or do you have to to manually do it each time? Thinking about creating a script that kills the client and relaunches every 60 minutes