Time to upgrade

Time to upgrade.

Attached: freebsd-logo-png-transparent.png (2400x2363, 111K)

Ok.

>no alps touchpad support
if only

Good to hear that you're finally upgrading from freebsd to something better user :)

No thanks. I like using hardware from this decade.

nice blog.

lmao bsd fags rekt.

literally why the fuck would anyone use freebsd as a desktop when there's openbsd?

FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD all include instructions for obtaining nonfree programs in their ports system. In addition, their kernels include nonfree firmware blobs.
Nonfree firmware programs used with Linux, the kernel, are called “blobs”, and that's how we use the term. In BSD parlance, the term “blob” means something else: a nonfree driver. OpenBSD and perhaps other BSD distributions (called “projects” by BSD developers) have the policy of not including those. That is the right policy, as regards drivers; but when the developers say these distributions “contain no blobs”, it causes a misunderstanding. They are not talking about firmware blobs.
None of those BSD distributions has policies against proprietary binary-only firmware that might be loaded even by free drivers.

mind blowing

So what I actually want proprietary drivers. For instance, my GPU needs one to be fully utilised

No

Attached: cuckbsd_wallpaper.png (1920x1077, 1.97M)

>I don't want anything to work

*hug*

That's not even grammatically correct.

>she doesn't virtualise

time to upgrade to linux, bsd lost the war decades ago it's time to use something better.

to hardenedbsd

what makes you think bsd lost any war?
number of users. hardware support?
software that runs on it?
drivers?
if that is so then windows won the war long ago, time to upgrade from linux to windows 10

Linux has better hardware support than Windows 10.

>as a desktop
Zoomer detected

'cause you' is in quote marks

because openbsd is slow as hell if you ever ran it on actual hardware before. freebsd is fucking fast, runs linux applications, and has a ton of support

I'm going to give it a try
Will report back after installation

Attached: 1493145754313.png (1000x1000, 178K)

you are objectively full of shit lad.
Retards like you keep the free software community divided.
Go and fucking use wangblows or osx like the other arrogant fucks.

dude chill
It's just a meme
No need to get butthurt

Attached: 1535123806390.gif (325x203, 1.02M)

YOOOOOO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I WOULDNT BE TALKING FAGOOOT!

Remember the time you started posting naked pics of yourself and selfies on Jow Forums?? Fucking loser.

btw he always reports my posts and ducks me when I bring this up lol. Apperantly some asian whore boke his heart or something

lmao trip fags rekt.

FreeBSD is perfect for home servers. Good luck trying to setup something like jails on Linux LMAO

well how is your experience?

>easier to install
Good one. Even meme Gentoo without genkernel is easier to install than having to get your internet working and install the graphics drivers from that shite ports system all BSDs have. Also, security comes from not using proprieturd software and firmware which only the FSDG distros do.

Install Alpine

you're still at this?
jesus christ

Install FreeNas.create my users, configure my storage and datasets. move over all data. Configure Plex and Transmission. Setup scrubs and smart tests. Setup e-mail alerts. Backup config file once done.

It just works from that point on. So I dunno, the thing that takes longest is moving all the data.

this

[B]roken
[S]oftware
[D]isappointment

Trying to get i3 running

First you use the meme wrong.
Second it's not actually true considering that even FreeBSD developers use macOS (that's how good FreeBSD is...)

But I like the meme format though.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD nyann.tanasinn.mochi 12.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC amd64
$ freebsd-version -kru
12.0-RELEASE-p3
12.0-RELEASE-p3
12.0-RELEASE-p3
Nothing to upgrade, here.

openbsd security autism makes it less usable as a desktop.
imagine using cwm or fvwm as a "desktop" in 2019 lmao, or unironically believing that chromium is more secure
openbsdfags rekt

cwm is really easy to use, and since OpenBSD comes with a full X.org install, it's basically a DE
Of course, you could install Lumina, KDE, GNOME, or whatever you want.