Remember when computers were actually good?

Remember when computers were actually good?

Attached: imac-g4-and-g5.jpg (500x286, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/ALIENWARE-18-18-4in-Gaming-Laptop-3-7Gh-32GB-500GB-SSD-2TB-HDD-GTX-770-SLI-WIN-7/202617195645?hash=item2f2ced0c7d:g:kgQAAOSwLqRcgH54
ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7/x86_64/os/Packages/
linux.com/learn/scientific-linux-great-distro-wrong-name
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

yes

maybe

Install gentoo faggot

The right iMac was ugly plastic shit compared to the G4.

Attached: 1546704823985.png (1114x1214, 828K)

Remember when Windows was fine? and you didnt have to fuck around for awhile?

Attached: img0.jpg (1920x1200, 660K)

No

No, because that has never been true. Winblows has always been garbage spyware.

Windows 7 was computing nirvana. Nothing else, NOTHING, could compete.

Attached: queen of g.jpg (563x832, 94K)

win 7 with the classic theme

yes

Attached: 1551814789734.jpg (639x900, 142K)

Low-end, non-POSIX crap for brainless consumers who don't need to do any real work.

>Remember when Windows was fine? and you didnt have to fuck around for awhile?
pure imagination, a world of make believe

Explain

Nobody who uses "non-POSIX" as an argument is doing any real work either.

Explain what?

xD epic for the win, wintoddler!

>Low-end, non-POSIX crap for brainless consumers

Well, it is used only with cheap consumer computers, it is not POSIX compatible so it struggles to interface with real software, and only brainless consumers, you can look up the definitions online since Oxford has a website, use it.

xp with latest dot net features

>Well, it is used only with cheap consumer computers
So no 'expensive computers' ever used Windows 7?

>it is not POSIX compatible so it struggles to interface with real software

What is real software?

>and only brainless consumers, you can look up the definitions online since Oxford has a website, use it.

So university professors and leading scientists that used Windows 7 are brainless?

Attached: lostinthought.gif (500x367, 970K)

all that changed is your perception

>So no 'expensive computers' ever used Windows 7?
Not to my knowledge.
>What is real software?
You want a list?
>So university professors and leading scientists that used Windows 7 are brainless?
Leading scientists have never used Wangblows.

Yeah 98se. Windiws nt sucks

Attached: 1554422777269.png (710x760, 766K)

98SE is actually so good

All the themes

>Not to my knowledge.
>ALIENWARE 18 18.4in Gaming Laptop 3.7Gh 32GB 500GB SSD 2TB HDD GTX 770 SLI WIN 7
Second hand, never mind new:
>ebay.com/itm/ALIENWARE-18-18-4in-Gaming-Laptop-3-7Gh-32GB-500GB-SSD-2TB-HDD-GTX-770-SLI-WIN-7/202617195645?hash=item2f2ced0c7d:g:kgQAAOSwLqRcgH54
>US $1,499.00
One example that is over $1200, so I would consider expensive. This one example refutes your argument.

>You want a list?
Yes

>Leading scientists have never used Wangblows.

Do you have any sources to substantiate your claim?

Macs were never good.

Attached: 1546949935745-g.png (686x955, 420K)

>Macs were never good.

This. They were always form over function overpriced faggot machines.

>One example that is over $1200, so I would consider expensive
I wouldn't. That's consumer garbage. Are you fucking with me?
>Yes
ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7/x86_64/os/Packages/
>Do you have any sources to substantiate your claim?
Experience is more valuable, kid.

And have always been marketed towards idiots.

Attached: tech58.jpg (632x700, 235K)

>I wouldn't. That's consumer garbage. Are you fucking with me?

No.

>ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7/x86_64/os/Packages/

A repository does not equal "real software". Real software is also a fallacy in this instance. A 'no true scotsman' fallacy.

>Experience is more valuable, kid.
Anecdote does not equal evidence, child.

You have failed. Spectacularly.

Attached: 200smug_trump.png (258x395, 123K)

Don't you get tired of posting the same retarded shit every hour of every day and being constantly called an idiot by people who actually know what they're talking about?

How pathetic do you have to be that this is the only way you can get attention on a board where getting attention through legitimate tech literacy is not very difficult?

Attached: retard spam.png (373x905, 178K)

>Apple recommended users facing problems with the Apple III lift the computer two inches and drop it, as this would set the circuits back in place.
Everytiem

Attached: 1548658410117-g.jpg (800x800, 292K)

>Apple recommended users facing problems with the Apple III lift the computer two inches and drop it, as this would set the circuits back in place.

How cringe. Imagine supporting this company.

Attached: 1314812826371.png (800x1200, 43K)

Reminded me of this.

Attached: 1255039729395.jpg (963x692, 63K)

>No.
Then you're just retarded. Your little gamer toys aren't expensive and they aren't powerful.
>A repository does not equal "real software".
A repo contains the software, retard. Read through. You asked for a list, you got one.
>A 'no true scotsman' fallacy.
>Anecdote does not equal evidence, child.
Ah, we have a young Ben Shapiro fan. Nice "debate tactics", kid, but they don't work when there is no point system. You're just a sophisticated when you do this outside of a controlled environment.

Computers back then were tanks, not the delicate snowflakes of today.

I don't think you know much then, considering NT has been around for nearly 30 years now and has shipped on a myriad of quite high-end systems, especially after the death of SysV Unix and the rise of x86-64.

Attached: 6x6.png (456x761, 734K)

>Then you're just retarded

Ad hominem means you lose.

>A repo contains the software

Obviously.

>You asked for a list, you got one.

I thought you were giving a list of "real software". A list of any software does not count as any other software would equally count nullifying your list of "real software".

>Ah, we have a young Ben Shapiro fan

Nope.

>Nice "debate tactics"

Debate is easy when logic, reason and evidence is on your side. Unlike you right now.

>but they don't work when there is no point system

Arbitrary goal post shifting. Irrelevant.

This is the first and only time I posted this, you seething macfag.
>hurr u dunno anything
>but I wont tell you why u wrong
All I see right now is mactoddler tears.

>Then you're just retarded. Your little gamer toys aren't expensive and they aren't powerful.
You sound like that one moron in every OS war thread that goes on and on about supercomputers like they mean anything to most users.

Too vague. Next.
Do you have anything to say or are you just going to keep bitching about your own retardation? I should have stopped replying to you when you said a $1200 gaming toy was expensive.

This isn't the time or place to air your little grievances. Go talk to the guy you have issues with, rather than whinging and begging for sympathy like a woman.

>I should have stopped replying to you when

Bitch, you shouldn't even have begun to approach me considering how raped your asshole is right now. Remember, archive is forever.

Attached: 1465479155629.png (988x1044, 72K)

You haven't said anything of value. All you have done is mistake high end technology with gamimg toys and acted like a retard when confronted with a repo. Go back to your pajeetOS, gamer faggot. You'll fit in better there.

>Too vague
Wanna be spoonfed, huh? Check out the Dell, HP, Lenovo or pretty much any major OEM's workstation lineup now or in the past for a pretty good example of expensive systems that ship standard with NT. The system I attached to that last post shipped with NT4 and commanded six figures for an average configuration, the truth is all around you, you're just too ignorant to see it, as to be expected of the kind of person who doesn't know how to use a computer that isn't compliant to a crusty old baby duck standard like POSIX.

Attached: HP-HP9000-ZX6000-Itanium2-Workstation_11.jpg (3648x2736, 2.82M)

>OEM's workstation lineup
Why is nu-Jow Forums so retarded?

Of course! My Prestigio SmartBook 133S is good.

Are you trying to imply that your cheap gaming shitbox running Arch is a superior system, or are you just going to start yammering on about web servers and distributed systems trying to find a way to make the tons of high-end systems running Windows in some form not count?

XP was more based ya zoomer faggot

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Fuck off back to /v/.

Universal backdoors are based?

Nah, I'm going to stay right here until you stop trying to find a way out of facing the fact that you said some dumb shit because you're an idiot. Stop dodging the question.

>get told
>don't have an argument
>g-go back to [place I don't like]
every time

Attached: 1542388728211.jpg (366x366, 16K)

What question? All you can think of when I say high-end is gaming. You're a drone. Find something worthwhile to say or go back to /v/.
Yep, talking about video toys is totally relevant here. Why is nu-Jow Forums so retarded?

Who is talking about gaming? Are you illiterate or just trying to dodge the question again? Grow up.

What?

It is literally all you've been able to think about. And you're so dumb you think workstations are high-end. Graduate high school before you try to act like an expert, kid.
You can re-read the post as much as you like.

name calls and offers no counter evidence, and then pretends to be right, hows your 1000$ laptop running at 94c doing macfag?

Since when are workstations gaming machines? Why are you projecting your apparent lack of knowledge on the rest of us so much and what even is your retardedly arbitrary definition of "high-end" if multi-socket systems that can terabytes of memory, three or more GPGPU accelerators and command prices in excess of $100,000 don't count? Even if you're just trying to move the goalposts into quad and octo-socket servers, plenty of those run Windows too and have for years, just admit you had a moment of ignorance and stop posting already.

Any evidence of this or are you just going to spout vague generalities?
>name calls
;_; so sad poor feelings
>offers no counter evidence
I have offered nothing but evidence. Evidence and ciations are not the same thing, you retard. Have you even finished high school?

Remember when good was actually? I remember.

I've already listed several vendors and posted a direct counterexample that you ignored for whatever reasonm, presumably because it's inconvenient to your constructed reality. You can continue whining that I didn't directly spoonfeed you a spec sheet like it constitutes as an argument, but it just makes you look like even more of an idiot, so I don't know why I'd bother.

Attached: z8.jpg (1272x1272, 79K)

Sure, back in the day they based around collecting data off your 2000 machine and possibly slowing your internet connection down to a whim because everybody did actually make purchases online and it was world wide spread.
The telemetry was later used in 7, when the internet was viable to even the poor ones in developed countries. You didn't have much things to spy back in the day. Also Windows wasn't pseudo-free.

Sorry, but your workstations are not high-end. I already explained that. Are you really this retarded? Nu-Jow Forums strikes again.

You didn't explain anything, you're just repeating the same thing over and over again that was already refuted several posts ago.

I'll say it again: grow up and start speaking like an adult, or close the tab and fuck off to where you came from.

You want me to explain why something is not what you claim? Do you have any idea how logic works? Jesus. You are so dense and arrogant. Grow up and stop talking about video games, you manchild.

Man, you suck ass at trolling. I'm out.

Thank god, the /v/tard has given up. Good riddance.

still, nothing can.

imac g4 is still my favorite computer, it looked like something from the future at the time. OS X was also really nice

Yes, the thought of secure/insecure never crossed my mind.

Attached: The Matrix GIF - Find _ Share on GIPHY.gif (480x200, 1.79M)

Zoomer faggot

Attached: D6134585-74A5-4C58-8051-FB76EE1FE49B.jpg (3840x2160, 2.19M)

linux.com/learn/scientific-linux-great-distro-wrong-name
>Scientific Linux is an unknown gem, one of the best Red Hat Enterprise Linux clones. The name works against it because it's not for scientists; rather it's maintained by science organizations.
>...
>because most people assume it is aimed at scientists, and is all full of scientific applications. But it's not;
>...
>It is a faithful copy of RHEL, plus some useful additions of its own.