Found this in America, what the fuck is it

Found this in America, what the fuck is it.

Attached: 20190407_003300-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 651K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FeYocsf52a4
manualslib.com/manual/268411/Apricorn-Aegis-Padlock-A25-Pl128-250gb.html?page=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so Google says its a flash drive, how do i open it. it does nothing when plugged in.

Attached: 20190407_003541-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 741K)

you don't need to state american this is an american image board user.

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 100K)

You need to know the unlock code to let it function.

ok, just noting. Also holy fuck it says 480gb

Attached: 20190407_003820-1470x3024.jpg (1470x3024, 626K)

Oh that's mine. Thanks for finding it. Please leave it back in America so I can get it back.

chinese but born in america and raised then moved back to china.
any way i can reset it?

Some NSA grade shit. Apparently it has a self-destruct pin.

Attached: sneakerwire.png (1295x851, 274K)

wtf
can you see how to wipe it, i should sell it.

I once gifted one of these to a defense contractor during a dinner meeting.

Pricey. Pretty based. The LEDs blink and change color when you've entered the correct pin.

so theres no chance of recovering shit from it?

Only if you guess the pin, or the user never put one on it.

welp guess that wont happen, it flashes red when i enter shit and hit green button.

They advertise recovery methods, but you probably need to prove ownership first and then pay thousands for it.

It has an anti-tamper feature so it’s either locked out or already wiped it’s memory.

welp i guess i fucked up, it now after a few times flashed green and now opens, and in my computer it shows as unpartioned.

Try some year with significance. 1994, 2001, 1980

it seems to have wiped, it let me format and now its a blank 480 gb drive

Attached: Capture.png (279x55, 2K)

Try 123456,
Also try entering admin mode and using same password.
youtube.com/watch?v=FeYocsf52a4

If it's FIPS level 3 compliant, then it's definitely a defense contractor.
Nobody else shells out the money for it.

I would recommend that you dispose of it.

>any way i can reset it?
If you had any concept of what that is and why it even exists you wouldn't bother asking.
Enjoy your paperweight.

Cool, here's how to reset. If needed.
manualslib.com/manual/268411/Apricorn-Aegis-Padlock-A25-Pl128-250gb.html?page=13

Have you tried using photorec? The data couldn't have been all set to 0.

>>paperweight
it seems they figured it out

It will be encrypted

yes im selling this probably

Shit you could’ve put all kinds of stuff on it like movies and pictures

you gonna get raided if that goes on cl

This is just marketing wank.

It’s called a Juul, a vape for zoomers

yes a proper company is adverting on Jow Forums so 10s of people on a site composed of poor people and is potentially a brand risking move can not likely buy their shit. Logic.

give it back, Bourne

>A site composed of the exact type of people that drive the internet's actual beyond-the-normie-backbone.

buk-lu lu

I use these at work. You're not getting the files off but you can find the manual and reset it to use it yourself assuming the battery isn't fucked.

Enc key will destroy itself after ~10 incorrect unlock attempts.

The bitch is supposedly filed with resin to prevent disassembly and access to internal components so that attack vector is fucked as well.

give it back, snowden

Meh, maybe... But you look up the prices on those fucking things? I highly doubt anyone on Jow Forums is now itching to drop over $1 a GB for these secure fucking things that are probably govt fucked anyway cause 'merica

how can't you not tell what it is by looking at it, it literally has the brand and everything on it too

What's the point of these types of flash drives? Can't you just fully encrypt the entire flash drive with something like Truecrypt and Veracrypt with full 256-bit AES? Shit you could even do a hidden partition on it too.

not today NSA

It makes mustard gas.

Meant this for the guy you replied to

>”why should anyone want perfect encryption?”

Attached: 965A1CCB-01D7-4A12-94BC-E64CA5F749B1.jpg (509x612, 52K)

op has abandoned ship, he probably listed the thing on ebay.

>Tried and true open source encryption software that has passed numerous security audits
>Somehow less secure than a company run and owned encryption based USB stick which would work with said ABC agencies in a heartbeat.

Uh huh.

except none of these products are "perfect encryption". They're all company backed encrypted devices that as I mentioned in a different post, would work with ABC agencies in a fucking heartbeat to out your data if requested.

>>hasnt read all the shit about veracrypt being backdoored
>>thinks open source means safe
lmao typical npc r/TECHHAXER/LEEPICREDDIT user

>can’t get to the data without the pin
>too many failed attempts wipes the drive
Unless you know the pin it’s encrypted and the logic bomb is set when you fail too many times. There’s no backdoor into these things for good reason.

It's for non-tech people. So IT can go "Push button, type PIN, push button."

... Then later IT can go "great. You lost your drive 6 months ago and are telling me now? At least we can be reasonably sure no one went through our company shit."

lmao its actually far safer and more secure then a likely nsa backdoored pos softrware based encryption system. Let me guess, r/IworkAsITatAschoolAndIknowEverything

>he doesn't read security audit manuals and found that veracrypt has no backdoors and only improved security over truecrypt
It's OK, I get it. You don't understand how any of it works.
That's true. I mean if you knew what you were doing, you could implement your own type of failsafe like that.
I forget people are retarded sometimes.

Everything is backdoored you brainlet. And if it's not backdoored then you're fucked the moment you end up on anyone's radar cause you're not outspending nation-states. But nah I'm not school IT.

dont believe everything you read, kid.

FIPS compliance.
These flash drives are tamper-evident.

Think of the little bubble that's on jarred goods. When you break the seal for the first time, the bubble pops up.
This is tamper-evident packaging for foods.

These FIPS-compliant flash drives offer tamper-evident storage of data. If someone tries to gain improper access to it, you'll know.
If someone repeatedly tries combinations of PINs, it'll securely erase the data.
Plus these are encrypted at the hardware level and not the software level so there's no software exploits around it.

USB drive. It's one designed to be robust and secure. Most types of secure drives are encrypted with a password and after enough failed attempts it will actually destroy the internal electronics rendering the data irrecoverable.

>Apple respects your privacy, they'd never sell you out to anyone!
>Apple turns around and helps the FBI unlock a guy's phone without a 2nd thought
>These USB encrypted devices are TOTALLY backdoor free and NOT at the whim of the company who makes them!

get over yourself and really think this through you faggot.

Where is the backdoor in RSA encryption?

>>>hasnt read all the shit about veracrypt being backdoored
I could write an article right now about this USB stick being backdoored. Wouldn't make it true.
I'm not about to claim that Veracrypt is 100% safe and secure but it IS a product that has been audited and is fairly high profile. Claims contrary to the audit results need to have some significant evidence to back them up.

>dont believe everything you read, kid.
Don't believe everything you want to believe, either.

lmao they provided proof though.

and yet here you are with no link, article, picture, or anything.

damn right, and thats how its gonna stay, put some fucking effort into your life for once, can be found with ONE google search.

find it

I see. OK then, that actually makes the product rather attractive. Makes brute forcing less attractive. That would actually make me consider buying one. Does the USB key just act as a normal flash drive? Could you also put an encrypted container inside this USB drive?

>pfft proof? Why would I show anything? YOU need to show more effort
I watch Veracrypt closely as I do other security based software. You can keep pulling shit out of you ass, but unless your bring proof, you're just another faggot on this Tibetan basket weaving forum.

america is a big fucking continent

damned straight. Big like our citizens, our guns, our trucks, and our burgers. YEEHAW MOTHERFUCKER FREEDOM TRAIN COMING THROUGH

>plugging in random USB drives
are you trying to get compromised?

Attached: typical burger.jpg (272x267, 12K)

kekked

Significant evidence is lacking.