/spg/ - Smartphone General

Edisi indon

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: huawei-p30-pro-kameranya-susah-dilawan-Nf8IH0DivG.jpg (800x600, 244K)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps
ebay.com/itm/LG-G7-ThinQ-G710VM-64GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-Black-Mint/283438642115
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pocochad checking in...
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lexa.fakegps

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

>getting that new phone feel when flashing a rom
Pretty good, desu

lol poorfag.

>co-worker buys OP6 after OP2 royally fucked him for $700
>tell him he should have got mix 2s for $500 but whatever
>1 year later the amoled display keeps going white and everyone knows what it is on forums
>$200 to replace display

CHINKED

Attached: 1553700817662.jpg (600x600, 73K)

I just want a phone that's cheap, powerful, and very riceable, any good recommendations?
For reference I'm in the US, I've gone through the Galaxy 6 and iphone 6 in recent years and both sucked cock

Attached: 1503613988077.jpg (500x500, 152K)

Just got my OP6 today from iPhone 6S. Fucking amazing, couldn't be happier. Chose it cause 8gb ram, 128gb rom, not a complete iphone x clone, and headphone jack included. No complaints so far.

Enjoy buying a new locked down piece of shit just to get software updates?

imagine having an iphone without actually having an iphone LOL

Still looking to buy a Moto G5S+, is it worth it or is that shit dead already?

How cheap?

$400 max is probably enough, though if you recommend I go higher I'd consider it

Not worth it, it's an old model, won't be getting any more updates

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s or Mi8

OnePlus 6, you can it find around $400

OP anjing. Nagapain lu edisiin indon lmao

just wondering, but is there anything still out there that isn't locked down and I can fuck with the inside of it?

What do you mean locked down? All those phones have an unlocked bootloader.

Like, physically? Or do you mean rooting and flashing roms and stuff.

physically I mean

>Recommending chinkier chink phones

Still searching for a 4.2" - 4.5" smartphone that would be recent and not a cheap entry level piece of shit.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want to carry a 6.5" tablet all day long. I don't have a man purse and just want a phone that would fit in my pocket and wouldn't weigh a quarter of a pound.

I'm so disappointed with the razr refresh it had such potential but they are going to kill it with subpar specs and an inflated price

What would you want to do? replacing individual components is kinda possible but very difficult and not really worth it, and you can't really upgrade components or anything, especially if you don't even live in Shenzhen and have to order components online.

it's more so upkeep, I've had to fix a lot of shit in my old 6, and same goes for the Galaxy, but that one was just annoying to get into with the new glass backs and all
Honest question, but how much more expensive have these parts gotten in five years?

What was the last mid-tier or flagship phone with those dimensions? The iPhone SE is almost 5 vertical inches. The XZ1 Compact is bigger than that. Even the original iPhone is bigger than 4.5 inches, man. What world are you pining for?

As long as you have a heat gun and the ifixit kit or similar it's relatively trivial to get in. I take my phones to a guy because I live in Hong Kong so I don't know how much components cost but looking at taobao s9 battery replacements are between 50-100 RMB which seems reasonable?

oh actually that is pretty reasonable, and I guess that isn't too bad to get in I've just gotta get new tools, if I have to
thanks

One thing to keep in mind when buying phones is that software openness and hardware openness aren't necessarily correlated. Even though you can't "hack" or "root" the iPhone, because those are the single most popular models of phones the most spare parts and most complete/accurate instruction guides are available for them.

>needing software "updates"
lmao

Apa tablet bagus to get these days

Indon edition apaan tolol. Jow Forums diblok di Indonesia

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-07 at 06.56.45.png (846x1270, 435K)

can confirm I only date iPhone users

Attached: iphonegif.gif (838x890, 396K)

I'm thinking to get a Nokia 6.1 plus because of the size and build but then mi a2 is cheaper and has a better cam but then I absolutely hate the design and size. I'm torn

Redmi Note 7

The article its self says not to take it very seriously and claims that it's not a good thing

OnePlus phones have QC issues???

These things literally don't matter. The kind of girl who would do this wouldn't be some you'd wanna date in the first place. Just lol at these garbage clickbait articles

I have a sony xperia c3 how do I turn it free as in freedom

No, he just got unlucky, could happen with any phone really.

Get a better phone

no

What are some good looking new phones? Everything these days looks like shit.

Should i just return my Iphone XR and get a S10+? It’s only 90 euro’s more expensive.

>Iphone XR
that bitch has thicker bezels than 200$ poordroids so yes it's an embarrassment

Is android 9.0 a trap? I play mobage games and people say things got bad after upgrade

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-163128_Software update.jpg (1080x2220, 601K)

Should I go for the Xiaomi Redmi S2 (good cpu-gpu, 12MP cam and 16MP selfie cam and Li-Polymer) or with the Samsung J6+ (front cam with 13MP, "Dolby Sound", better screen resistance, better bluetooth capabilities and Li-Ion battery) which comes also with a free 6000mah powerbank.
Both seem nice, but it is hard to choose because of my rare (but hard) gaming needs and at the same time a phone good to use in day-by-day life.

>survey made up by losers that was taken by losers shows that losers prefer other losers
:^)

Not if it's the Exynos version. Get a P30 Pro instead.

Both are shit but Redmi S2 is less shit so go with that.

S10e: exynos or snapdragon? And if snapdragon where to import it from? Why is only the exynos version rootable?

Heimdall interacts with Samsung's download mode protocol, its reversed engineer from Sansung's Odin (internal service tool). Fastboot is Android's native diagnostic mode. Follow the Heimdall instruction, or better, find something that uses Odin, Samsung don't implement fastboot on their Exynos devices, and Heimdall can be confusing to use if you're not familiar with command line tools. LineageOS's wiki manager is fucking retarded, a lot of instructions for various devices are incorrect yet he refuses to let people fix them. Most devices have generic fastboot/heimdall instruction that might not be correct

>Exynos vs Snapdragon

Snapdragon has better performance and battery, but locked to US bands.

>why is it locked

Because burger carriers. It has Snapdragon SoC because it let carriers lock them down easier.

>where to import it from

Murica. China also has Snapdragon Samsung, but unless you know a guy acquiring one is pretty hard.

let me interject for a moment,
those milkers look saggy

Attached: 1498849460005.png (1024x768, 999K)

>needing software "updates"
>lmao
Cope fucking harder sucker.

Locked tight, AT&T exclusive, even if you get an unlocked version band support is still mediocre. Apparently chinks has managed to crack the bootloader somehow since taobao has bootloader unlocked V35s (someone on xda brought one, can confirm its unlocked), but no one knows how they did it.

V30 meanwhile is blown wide open, with crossflashable modem within region so you're free to switch carriers without having a phone that can't get LTE reception in most places.

Israel
Big battery
Anything under 1000 euros/usd
Size doesn't matter
I am inbetween s9+ and v40 but all I will be using them is for browsing and gachashit so I wonder if there is a better deal with a middle priced phone rather than a flagship like what I am inbetween

Goblok. 1+ 7 looks promising. Upgrading to that from my shitsung s6.

Attached: Schermafbeelding-2019-04-04-om-09.35.13.png (922x904, 592K)

Is the s10+ good for reading manga comfy in my bed?

Snapdragon is better. You can get it off eBay and other stores too, SM-G9700 is the model number you want to search for. It's the version with Snapdragon 855 and an unlockable bootloader so it will get root sooner or later. The US version (SM-G970U) has a permanently locked bootloader so it won't get root.

Mi9 or wait for OP7

Only the OP7T, they really rushed that one.

I'd get some cheap tablet instead if it's just for reading comics.

It's definitely not just for reading comics, I'm just curious if it can also do that good enough.
Also, does the G9750 model have a locked bootloader?

In my experience, reading manga or any other comic on a phone is shit no matter what the model. At least if you care about the art. Either you miss out on every detail or have to constantly zoom in which sucks too.

nice, thanks

I'm going to keep using this thing until I can't. Who else squeezing the life out of a cheap phone?

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-061120.png (720x1440, 110K)

lads please help. Main phone got whaked, want to use my old ipod 4 as musikmashine for now, for the love of god i do not remember my code. Any way to just kek the code lock and get into my device ?

Attached: 1538174640061.jpg (720x568, 46K)

Redmi Note 7 or wait for the Xiaomi Mi A3?

Give it back, Tyrone.

I got a Huawei P8 lite for 5 bucks a time ago, using it as a side phone since I have a non-smartphone as main phone.
This is fine for me and a little patching on the firmware makes the battery last a full week with the average intervals I use it

Do you value the headphone jack and the SD slot?

G9750 bootloader can be unlocked

I see, thanks.

What phone would you guys recommend that is tough/water resistant, has a loud speaker for music, long battery life and SD slot? I'm on straight talk in America and hoping to pay under $300 btw

I think so. Will the Mi A3 have neither of those?

A2 did not have them and the A3 will most likely be based on some Mi9 variant, none of which have them as well.

Hmm, interesting.
Is Android One worth it?

No
A2 was shit

Brand new LG G7 for $299, get it quick before they're all sold out:
ebay.com/itm/LG-G7-ThinQ-G710VM-64GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-Black-Mint/283438642115

Good on you. I'm jealous of your comfy feel.

>t. Pixel 3 XL Android 9 Pie user

Can this get at least 8 hours of sot

senpai its been 3 years since i last used that thing. Just wanted to spare my data and get to use my fucking property

Attached: 1539788981758.png (688x1434, 112K)

Probably not, but it's by far the best phone you could get for $300. Just get a powerbank for it.

Galaxy S8 Active
>phone has a good amount of weight
>flat display
>4000mah
>sturdy enough to be /out/
>headphone jack
>microsd capable
>not super bloated compared to my last phone (sprint)
>peak aesthetics: good amount of bezels without any gross notches or holes
>getting android 9 so you'll be running same experience as s10

Attached: 61Aj4FFSO3L.jpg (500x484, 66K)

I got the Pocomeme F1 over the OP6T and I'm honestly not sure if I did good. On one hand
>Cheaper
>SoC runs cooler because of heatpipe
>LCD display is less likely to burn in over years of static UI elements
>Expandable storage makes it easier to move data, and can also salvage some stuff if the phone died
>Headphone jack
>Fingerprint scanner is fast and won't cause screen burnin unlike OP6T

On the other hand
>MiUI 10 is OK mostly but annoying quirks like not being able to "paste without formatting" get in the way and it just doesn't look as good as OxygenOS
>No OIS in the camera makes it a blurfest in lowlight, OP6T has one
>Notch is huge as fuck
>Zero water resistance unlike OP6T, scared to use it in the rain or even in a steamy room

Is OIS that expensive to put in a phone? It seems like every time I see a very good phone for the price, it doesn't have that. How much are they saving to exclude that

Anyone here used the leEco phones? Was thinking of trading with a relative for one

you fucked up, also forgot to add:
>thicc as shit brick
>ugly as shit
You literally got memed by POCOshills

i read it is kinda expensive, but stuff like the Moto G7plus has it for under 300 buckaroos now

Attached: 1498223750197.jpg (2158x1136, 1.45M)

I got a Huawei ascend XT for 20 bucks, using it as my main phone and it's pretty good. The storage is lacking but I don't have alot of apps anyway. Will most likely keep it till it breaks and then get a xiaomi or an older flagship

>MiUI 10 is OK mostly but annoying quirks like not being able to "paste without formatting" get in the way and it just doesn't look as good as OxygenOS
Good thing there are dozens of custom ROMs for it.
>or even in a steamy room
Nothing will happen, don't worry.

I was actually all ready to install LOS in my pocomeme but found out that if I did I wouldn't be able to play one of my games because of the devs' insane paranoia.

>actually fell for the pocomeme
top kek

What are you talking about?

Makes you wonder why they are single.

Samefag.

There's a game where the developers are so paranoid of Chinese hackers that it won't launch if even developer's options are enabled or USB debug mode is switched on. It doesn't use safetynet to detect root, and the Magisk developer has named this game specifically as something the devs of which have apparently made it their life's mission to detect Magisk. Running it on a custom ROM requires editing default.prop in the kernel and repacking and flashing it, and editing build.prop. and I can't be assed to do that just to run LOS.

I've been using the same phone since 2015.
Always swapping roms to get the most recent Android version, installing ram modules to make it smooth, using lite/go apps when necessary.
Battery life is still great, and it runs everything I need, only a couple of scratches here and there, but I might upgrade this old man soon.

That's outright malicious app behavior. What would happen if the game couldn't access phone info due to lack of permissions, would it refuse to boot? Did anyone try blocking that component in Lucky patcher?

literal paid poco shill.