What was the last time your computer spooped you out quite a bit?

Attached: the_dog_who_witnesses_it.png (153x166, 41K)

It stayed on when the power flickered off for a second or two. One of my monitors shut off but the PC itself didn't give a fuck. Only explanation is I must've chose a good power supply and efficient components I guess.

Today is the day user discovered capacitors

Capacitors hold a very very tiny amount of coulombs, unless you're talking about a 5V 10F supercap or something, which are never used in ATX power supplies because they're fuckhuge and expensive.

>capacitors inside PSUs can't power the pc for 2 seconds
ok so it's magic then

Attached: 657368567.gif (336x177, 2M)

When HWinfo made 2 of my hard drive disappear until I rebooted.

>replace my air cooler with an AIO
>doesn't POST, stuck at C0 boot code
>well shit, pretty sure I didn't touch anything wierd
>try messing with the ram
>it works, but temp is terrible, just like my old air cooler.
>remove the pump and the IHS (the CPU was delided), clean everything and reapply thermal paste.
>C0 again, and messing with the ram doesn't help.
>rip cpu out to check the socket for bent pin
>turns out a very little bit of tissue paper felt into a corner of the socket since goo knows when. Also I fucked my previous thermal paste application on the die.

One of my computers used to power on randomly at night even when all the wake-on-lan etc was off. I don't remember if I ever really solved this or did I just change the mobo.
Not that scary but it was pretty weird.

I'm having a spooky run of bad luck here.

Attached: Capture.png (1105x758, 883K)

Fault tolerant, that's good.
Consistency, that's usually good.

For some weeks my computer was turning on at night randomly with the hard drive heavely working. I still don't know why it did that.

>2 days ago
>snooze computer at 9PM
>wake up at 3AM
>computer turned itself on
hmm

Attached: scared nick.png (340x419, 203K)

Do you know how PSUs work?

I have zero clue how it happened, but Windows wasn't showing one of my hard drives. Was showing the other three perfectly fine. I thought it might just be the cable I had been plugging the HDD with shat itself, but LED indicator was working.
Was horrified that all the shit on it went *poof*, but it just took a restart for something else for Windows to mount it.
Fuck I hate Windows sometimes.

Old old Windows 7 rig borked out and did this. I remember saving the book, but not the image on the right. I didn't open any of these windows!

Attached: spoopy computer.jpg (1680x1003, 976K)

not sure but maybe there was some sort of scripting in that pdf

technically a computer but
>got a PS3 because I wanted to play GTA without waiting for the pc release (this was like 2014)
>ffw to now
>still plugged in
>12am, sleeping
>BRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN NIIIIIIIIN NIIIIN NIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAABRRRRRRRRR
>the fuck
>call up playstation support
>they say it's doing auto updates which it shouldnt since i dont have ps+
>realize i could capitalize on it
>hang up and keep it on
>now i get ps+ features on my ps3 without needing to pay for it
fuck you sony
actual computer this time
>thinkpad t43
>have it in my bag
>doing exams (this was a while ago)
>didnt know about the ibm low battery chime
>finish exams, open laptop to check something
>loud ass fucking alarm sound
>it wont turn off
>fuckfuckfuck
>everyone is looking at me
>fuck how do i turn it off
>shitshitshit
>pull out the battery
>everyone is still staring at me
oh, also since my speakers use a shitty aux cord it doesnt ground right and i get really loud static. Especially sucks when I forget to turn it off and something tries to speak to me through the static in the middle of the night.

Crazy thing this morning actually; I looked at my PC before leaving work and thought "I wanna play the forest" and it turned on. Was fully shutdown and everything, but just turned on. I think it's my battery/power strip that it's plugged into, cause sometimes when I come home it's already turned on waiting for me to log in. So it's either Ghosts, my Power Backup, or most likely my PC has accepted me as it's husband and is greeting me when I get home. How do I program it to call me Darling?

Look at it in a lewd way.

Not me but my friend got blackmailed by someone who watch watching him crossdress and fingering himself. Recorded the whole thing and my friend freaked the fuck out.

Some motherboards have some kind of intel technology (forget the name) that wakes up PCs for updates to save energy.
Could also be ghosts.

Was it on standby with an update waiting?

almost had it this time

Attached: Capture2.png (1098x755, 861K)