Thoughts on Telegram?

Thoughts on Telegram?

Attached: telegram.png (2000x2000, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jami.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install Signal.

It has actual desktop clients unlike Signal and is still reasonably secure. I use it. Now they just need to release the server source code and it would be perfect.

go away moxie

Needs options for sorting chats. Any message from an individual that hasn't been seen yet should be easier to see than an unmuted chat or announcement room.

this

It's a joke, a "secure" meme messenger that is less secure than fucking WhatsApp (which has encryption by default, unlike Telegram). Not FLOSS either. Install Signal.

The English-speaking userbase is entirely furries

Yeah , you can pin chats and stuff but it's still not really organized, i have like 40 channels or something and it's all a mess

Use GNU Jami. It's decentralized, encrypted, and FLOSS.
jami.net/

Attached: animation-home-android.gif (415x845, 1.29M)

Am I the only one who finds stickers really annoying sometimes? I hate it when rooms aren't moderated and there's dozens of stickers in a row, sometimes used to RP or something like that.

Attached: 5[1].png (512x512, 57K)

Is the desktop client electron?

yiff in hell furfag

Telegram is fucking garbage
>proprietary
>no encryption
>bound to phone number
>can't self host
Noone should use this piece of shit

Just use Surespot for privacy. You shouldn't care if people think you're a terrorist or something

>rooms aren't moderated
what kind of rooms are you in?
and why?

Attached: 047_vZVpQpT.png (512x485, 267K)

Signal fucking sucks the fact you still have to give out your phone number is fucking stupid. Use Chad Riot instead

Speak for yourself

>storing your conversations in someone's (((cloud)))

>jami.net/
C/C++ apparently

This is exactly why I don't use signal.

it has encryption by default, but is only server side
if you want the server to not know the message use secret chats which has client side encyption, that also means you will only have the messages on that device

can't verify what code they run on the server anyway

Attached: 1509044210040.png (546x700, 322K)

Brain problems.

Personally, I love it. I use it since the beginning and it has greatly improved over the years. Nothing more convenient which has some security due to secret chats.