Text-based web browsers are absolutely comfy. You can't deny this

Text-based web browsers are absolutely comfy. You can't deny this.

Attached: screenshot.png (724x708, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_web_browser
pastebin.com/aHUpdDQR
yunionwave.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sorry man, i dont speak illegal migrants language

sir please

Pues me cago en el coño de tu hermana.

sadly most of the web don't work on it

Only when it can display images like with w3m-img

Attached: w3m-img.png (719x492, 40K)

UNA VELA

>text-based browser
>with pictures

Why? The whole point is to stop being distracted by flashy things.

>De Gaulle
>communist
The man was intelligent enough not to fight with ruski right after ww2, nothing else.
Don't read Le Pen books if you want accurate informations

about:config?filter=permissions.default.image

The whole point for me is knowing that literally nothing can infect me, except the virus would be IN the image and showing the image would open a vulnerability.

I wouldn't be so sure. As far as I know, these browsers are still using javascript.

Use qubes and do all of your browsing in disposable VM's instead of cucking your web browsing experience

w3m can't use javascript.

I agree, wish there was a text only browser for Android though.

We're reaching autism levels that shouldn't even be possible.

Attached: 1554324206631.jpg (480x468, 20K)

Who the fuck did this to a poor cat.

Most likely the cat did

himself

There's probably a Chrome extension for that. After installing, just resize the browser window to match. Done.

BASADO
btw what theme are you using? looks nice

Might as well just use Gopher at that point.

Cool, but which one is it? Links?

Links vs Lynx vs w3m vs ??? GO

>browsh req win10, but other than that appears desirable
>webbie req winXP, looks unrefined, studen project.
>ELinks last release 9 years ago
>Line mode browser last release 12 years ago.
>emacs can do this too wow. and it even has options.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Text-based_web_browser

i'm actually looking for some text based browsers i can install on my old windows machines i fuck around with. (older than winXP)

Can you do web banking from the terminal?

w3m in emacs

gopher

Attached: 2019-04-07-095651_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 524K)

i have a read a little about gopher, what client do you like?

>jeanma
Cringe but redpilled

vf-1 is pretty alright if you don't mind python. Sacc would be the ideal go-to if it had media handlers. Working on a patch for that. cgo is pretty good and in C, but doesn't have some handy stuff vf-1 has, like a built-in less command so you don't need scrollback on big menus.

If you already use Lynx for text-based web browsing, it also supports gopher

Attached: lynxgopher.png (478x596, 15K)

Does lynx do media handling? Sacc works very similarly and looks damn near identical to less as far as scrolling commands, etc., with arrow/vi-key link navigation where most of the newer dedicated gopher clients you have to type a number or letter series for each link.

At any rate, the actual content beats the hell out of modern web stuff. So many things on there that should've stopped existing in the 90s, like about a thousand mirrors of textfiles.com, bbses, archives of .mod/.xm/.s3m/.it music, old cdrom shareware archives. About the only parts I've found that suck are sites with the word "tilde" in their name, which are pretty much the tumblr of gopher.

nm just tried it. Lynx does not have built-in media handling. As far as browsing gopher it's a gimped sacc.

that's actually so good

Which gopher server do you recommend?

The g903 has zero lag, no joke.

Playing with sgopherd myself. It's all in shell and easy to understand. I'd look at what the big sites use if I was serious though. Gophernicus or something.

Why not just use a regular web browser?

Because regular internet is getting fatter and fatter to the point of becoming unusable. Protocols like gopher make the internet really comfortable to use if you only want to read plain text.

I can understand that

How about a browser that only uses html + css?
it would instantly solve all the problems with the modern browsers

You can block Javascript already by setting javascript.enabled to 0 or by installing NoScript, but I believe it's up to content publishers to "solve the problem". Browsers can handle the modern web bloat, it's the user experience that degrades imho.

yes, until you go to youtube.com.

mpv + youtube-dl

I'm using elinks, and you can change all colors with the settings editor. This is my current elinks.conf file: pastebin.com/aHUpdDQR

The font I'm using is Fantasque Sans Mono

I like elinks because it has mouse support and I was already used to links.

>Reading Le Pen
Jow Forums is really dumb

Nique ta mère

> OP attention whoring
Get a life moron

Attached: 1548458453812.jpg (1493x1600, 245K)

>stop liking things I don't like

Neck yourself, tranny

Kys american

I use surfraw to search open directories and then use w3m to pipe shit to mpv that interests me. Jow Forums is actually one of the few sites that I browse using a graphical browser.

Attached: 2019-04-07-180039.png (1915x1048, 996K)

Just use youtube-viewer

Okay, fag

edbrowse

they are but they're practically unusable today

DOS VELAS

gopher://wiretap.spies.com is like being wrapped in a blanket drinking cocoa by the fireplace on a snowy day.

mistyped hostname or some sekrit club nonsense?

>cross-referencing the server log tail of floodgap (which lists ip addresses in the same line as text searches) with topics mentioned in this thread
>inb4 over9000 proxies

At last, I've met the hacker known as 4channel!

No.

yunionwave.com/

kindly post an actual argument sir.
you only posted a triple ad-hom
first you assumed that op was Jow Forums, and not a lefty trying to understand the enemy in order to effectively argue against it.
second, you ad-hommed le-pen, when you could have posted an actual criticism of either his actions or his ideas.
thrirdly, you criticised a board, which is a set comprised of many individual posters and conflicting ideas, and insulted them all, rather than critiquing the software or moderation that impacts the quality of the board itself.
we at fourchannel encourage high quality posts, so i hope you can improve next time!

Attached: argument-pyramid.jpg (640x486, 48K)

This is what Jow Forums does for nearly everything.

Le Pen sucks, Jow Forums sucks, and you suck.

What do you use to search for videos, though?
I think we need a separation of video hosting and video cataloging.

worthless tech illiterate here. I've been looking to cut down on the online distractions and a text-based web browser sounds perfect for this. Where do I even start though?

>this is what
???
please be specific!
i. my comment is what Jow Forums does?
ii. the comment i replied to is what Jow Forums does?
iii. your comment is what Jow Forums does?
now, explain why that comment is what Jow Forums does!
thank you for your fascinating insight!
please detail why!

A server taken offline before you were born. You could Google the URL to learn more instead of expecting to have everything spoon fed to you.

Attached: Liquid_disc.jpg (203x204, 14K)

ii, maybe I didn't use Jow Forums for long enough or something but Jow Forums users generally are just uncomfortable to talk to and usually use "redpilled" and "bluepilled" as a pseudo upvote and downvote on Jow Forums generally lowering the quallity of posts on Jow Forums.
Jow Forums usually characterizes everything they disagree with as "SJW".
However, I respect your comments for wanting to have a real discussion.
^-^ Lets be frens!

I stopped visiting Jow Forums in 2012, the "pill" votes are of much more recent usage.
what changed?
certain people maliciously trying to alter history conveniently omit a certain episode that brought in a great bulk of low quality users.
the fappening.
these people never went away.
at the same time, moot, and the moderators panicked, deleting everything they were moderately suspicious of, or felt would negatively affect 4chans (alread poor) reputation.
this newfound climate of distrust and censoriousness surred on an outburst of low quality shitposting as a counterreaction.
this noxious climate coalesced a few months later in what would eventually become gamergate.
already hostile to the board (and having deleted the predecessor, /new/) moot and his do-it-for free cronies declared war on Jow Forums and set out to intetionally sabotage it.
it never recovered.
consider, the effort needed to refute bullshit is orders of magnitude greater than that needed to create it.
with shitposting now *enforced* by the moderation, there was no opportunity, nor incentive, to create high quality comments.
shitposting was something of a prisoners dillema, in game theory. once the levels exceeded a small percentage, the benefits of intelligent discourse were negated, and instead an incentive created to dive down to the shitposters level.
however, "troll" shitposting, now being confronted with counter shitposts, sunk to new lows, to the point that shitposts now discredited themselves.
this caused an evolution in tactics, of flaseflagging, a terrositic use of shitposts to discredit your opponents.
but this in turn became so common that it beame impossible to separate any idea form any other, any camp from the next.
there was now not even the remotest genuine argument or proposition to be found, and only "ironic" "sarcastic" falseflagging all around.
keep in mind, all of this happened before 2016, counter to the psyop narrative.

politics arent nearly interesting enough to be someones entire life or hobby. those who posted there before 2012, were largely people who also posted on other boards, like /tv/, Jow Forums, /sp/, Jow Forums, as well as /a/, /v/, and even Jow Forums.
the concept of a "homeboard", is thus pure fantasy peddled by those with the agenda of killing all discussion of certain ideas.
there has been no "exodus" but, rather, a retrénchement of preexisting users (of multiple boards within a single site, that has always shared users across its many boards and interests), which finds political ideas discussed in other boards - such as surveillance, censorship, copyright, etc. on Jow Forums
there is "truth" in generalizations, even in generalizations we know for a fact to be wrong, as there is value in newtonian mechanics, or economic models with gross simplifications.
So I can with full confidence say Jow Forums is the worst, without being judgemental about specific ideas or people - such as I.

Install links/elinks/w3m inside of Termux

What font is that? Fantasque Sans Mono?

imagine being this paranoid

What sites are you using

see

> be 'murrican
> shit post on Jow Forums
> write "sorry man, I don't speak illegal migrants language"
> what I mean: "sorry man, I don' t speak any other languages but my own"

>be idiot
>see joke/bait
>reply seriously
or
>be falseflagger
>reply to yourself
>oh boy, those people i hate sure are stupid, arent they!

>be (You)
>be retarded