this

VMBox

this or vmware

vmware.
- virtualbox is buggy
- proxmox is decent
- xcpng is very good if you have time to master it
- kvm/qemu ^ idem
- hyper-v is not fully featured compared to everything else. is decent because it's free and in windows already if you have win 10pro/server 20xx

in my experience vmware is the king.

GNOME Boxes for the GNOME Desktop Environment ®

Dutchfag?

this, their nested hypervisor tech is way less buggy than vbox.

VMWare is pretty great for use cases where you will be using your vm's as actual desktop environments. I typically only use VBox for things like single purpose servers or for playing around with shit off of VulnHub. VBox is pretty reliable and performs well if you don't try to get too fancy with it.

VMWare bas all those free keys floating around and it has much better performance than VBox

>Slowing down your entire computer because Hyper-V makes your windows installation run as a virtual machine itself just so you get virtualization
ew.

VMware has better performance

VMware over Virtualbox, but might I suggest KVM/Qemu? With a nice frontend like proxmox or virt-manager it's quite comfy

Attached: file.png (2560x1440, 363K)

I concur with this poster

even though vbox has the seamless mode thing, the graphics drivers are dog shit compared to vmware

I prefer VirtualBox these days.
-TRIM support on vdi disks. Shrinks the vdi on the fly as files are deleted. VMware still makes you zero-fill free space, shut down, and compact the vmdk.
-Seamless mode works with Linux guests and hosts. VMware's Unity mode is and was superior to Seamless but now they made it only for Windows guests on Windows hosts. This was the last straw for me since I need that feature to work effectively.

Better performance at what? I would not be at all surprised if it handles software virtualization better since it long predates VT-x, but we use hardware virtualization now and in my experience both give near native performance with that.

again
Okay yes, VirtualBox 3D graphics suck. It's like they made it just barely good enough to do Aero and stopped there. VMware is a bit better but really if you want a GPU that doesn't suck, PCIe passthrough is the only answer.

if you want real graphics, then just buy a second 'puter and connect to it with remote desktop

>3D accelerated graphics over RDP
Just get a KVM switch

> >3D accelerated graphics over RDP
Actually...
I played GTA Online at work some time ago, idling with businesses. One time I set up autoclicker and went home, when I got home - got an urgent request, so RDPed to the work machine and GTA didn't crash, was even playable @20-something FPS over RDP.

20 fps is impressive for RDP but it's still bitch tier in terms of gaming.

Use QEMU in conjunction with libvirtd and virt-manager
also see

for windows guests, any linux trash solution will not get good graphics unless you pass through real gpu. fuck off.

>he doesn't install the virtio drivers
Plebean

Vbox
Can't install both docker and vmware at the same time unfortunately

Proxmox

pic, and see >he doesn't pass through his GPU

Attached: 1283130436394.jpg (764x461, 61K)

HyperV is truly garbage

VMware if you work with vmware server products

VMware guys turn a blind eye on pirating workstation if you use their server products

sauce?

VMware (inc ESXi) > Everything else
Unironically.

>QEMU anything
Too buggy outside of fun projects.

Could have just used Steam in home streaming over VPN.
Now you don't even need a VPN for it.
The VMWare high performance desktop streaming client would work too. Steam is probably more straightforward for tards though.

hyperv never works properly. vmware actually works but virtualbox is free so ill go with virtualbox anyday.

off the record talk with vmware rep

Guys I have a 64 thread machine to play with and I would like to make full use of every thread in it. Work environment is windows only. Do I just run 8 VM off VMware and have each different VM run different task? Can I assign the CPU/threads manually to each VM? Money and resources isn't a big problem. Should I run all of them on a single ssd or dedicate 8 different ssds for each vm?

Does it perform better than qxl? Because qxl is indeed fucking garbage.
Virtualbox has some really nice 2d/3d acceleration stuff going on in windows such that you can smoothly play very light games or VNs.

woah that looks real nice