ITT we laugh at Apple

ITT we laugh at Apple

Attached: Screenshot_20190407-202528_Opera Touch.jpg (1068x779, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201834
macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/macbook-lid-closed-stop-sleeping-3683661/
smallbusiness.chron.com/prevent-apple-laptops-sleeping-closed-67516.html
bbc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1547383267868.gif (500x491, 370K)

>Use a Macbook as a server.
>This retardation is somehow Apple's fault.

I don't get you retards sometimes. Why not master Windows/Linux/MacOS all three together? Your own gatekeeping is why you'll always be a retard.

>using the term."gatekeeping"
You have to go back

>You have to go back.

Attached: OP.png (211x239, 3K)

>posting reddit wojak memes
Now you have to go back and your mom needs to get BLACKED.

Even besides the point that it's a laptop functioning as a server, at least Windows has the option to "do nothing" (i.e. continue running without powering off/going into sleep) when the lid is closed

Does applel not have this functionality?

>rebbit plebbit vebbit go back BLACKED
Drink bleach, election cycle cancer.

Points above proven :^)

Yes.

support.apple.com/en-us/HT201834

macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac/macbook-lid-closed-stop-sleeping-3683661/

smallbusiness.chron.com/prevent-apple-laptops-sleeping-closed-67516.html

go back

>needs an external screen (and peripherals?) connected
>needs an external app

wew lad

Attached: 1399845642729.webm (640x480, 344K)

>muh drumpf
Now you need to go back, your mom needs to get BLACKED, your grandma's gonna smoke crack, and your dads gonna turn gay for a man named Jack!
You need to go back.

>Apple deliberately markets to people who don't know shit about computers
>Somehow it's not Apple's fault when retards buy them

>people who don't know shit about computers
>setting up a server

>posting Jow Forums race memes
how about you go back

>marketing to retards is bad because they cant be expected to do simple things like fact check
>these same retards should be able to vote
Pick one.

OP here, can you all please stop yelling at each other about reddit or whatever and keep to the topic of laughing at applw

Attached: iToddlers_BTFO.gif (540x266, 1.42M)

OP you're a fucking retard. If you wanna laugh at people who buy Apple computers, then bring up their build quality in their recent models.

Unironically kill yourself.

Can I choose death by BBC?

I don't know but maybe you can check out their site and see if you can request for them to kill you.
bbc.com/

Also I seriously hope you didn't make this thread so someone could post satania and then for the thread to be filled with a 100 replies just saying "based". Apple an shit and their products suck but those threads are just absolutely fucking pointless.

The purpose of making a thread is to see other people's input on a specific topic. I shouldn't have to do all the work when it comes to this.

Not me

theres nothing wrong with the term gatekeeper he's just using it like the marxists who are trying to redefine it to mean people with opinions

>I shouldn't have to do all the work when it comes to this.

Imagine having to put in actual WORK in your own thread! Wtf!

Can I choose a televised death by BBC on the BBC?

Attached: Annotation.png (535x643, 168K)

Attached: 1548090148311.jpg (607x1539, 279K)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Bought iPhone and airpods, never going back to pajoid again

>Yes.
>you need to buy this peripheral monitor though

Yeah? Clearly the OP image depicts that.

I'll take the first one.

this is a thing

Attached: prodhdr_rackmacpro12816.jpg (899x285, 94K)

did you wait the few weeks to get air-pods 2 or did you buy both?

But I love my iPad and iPhone 8 and note 9.

Fite me

>muh secret society

the problem here is not that apple doesn't let you close the lid without suspending (although that's a problem too), but that if you manage to do so the laptop will overheat because it has literally nowhere to suck air from

Attached: Ex8RE.jpg (3000x2000, 627K)

so this is probably you, right?

Attached: m17rgprswjv11.jpg (604x883, 68K)

>support

To use closed-display mode with your Mac notebook, here's what you need:

An AC power adapter or an external display that provides power over USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C).
An external keyboard and mouse or trackpad, either USB or wireless.
A USB-C to USB adapter or cable if you're using a USB mouse or keyboard with a Mac that has USB-C ports.
An external display or projector.

Enable closed-display mode

Connect your USB keyboard or mouse to your Mac or external display, or pair your Bluetooth keyboard or mouse with your Mac. If you use a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse, choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, click Bluetooth, then verify Bluetooth is on.
Connect your Mac to power with the AC power adapter. Some external displays, like the LG UltraFine 5K, also charge your Mac.
Connect your external display or projector to the appropriate port on your Mac. Use an Apple video adapter if necessary. Some external displays have a USB cable that needs to be connected to your Mac.
After your Mac notebook's desktop appears on the external display, close your computer's lid. You might have to press a key or click your mouse to wake the external display.

If your external display or projector doesn't turn on after you connect it to your Mac, connect your display while your Mac is asleep or off, then wake or turn on your Mac.

Disconnect your display or projector

Before you disconnect your display or projector, put your Mac to sleep.

Choose Apple () menu > Sleep, then disconnect your display or projector.

>**breathes in**

Attached: 1538304674770.jpg (719x621, 46K)

I summon Satania in attack mode. Now apple boy, you are going to feel the wrath of 4k attack points and there is not a single gay trap card that can save you.

Attached: 1545894122513.jpg (740x668, 107K)

*flips MACigcal cylinder through UNIX-like terminal*

eat that

*Pulls Out Meat Scepter*

Attached: trap-jammer-trap-card-edition-when-your-opponent-activates-a-38806749.png (500x726, 636K)

>using a toy as a web server
Might as well use an android phone if you're this desperate. Would probable work better as well.

rent free

Attached: 1531459627467.png (1024x526, 265K)

Attached: zzz.jpg (1076x500, 179K)

I've had a laptop serve as a server in my company, but why don't they just disable sleep when the lid is down?

>reddit wojack poster telling anyone to go away

You know the faggot in the picture isnt doing anything important.

If you take pictures in my data center, you go to jail.

The heat from their processors would have nowhere to go since it's basically blown onto the hinge

Some user already posted about it above but it requires an external monitor and some other bullshit.

Jow Forums used to run on a mac cluster

I guess by asking this I will not show myself in good light, but: Why would taking pictures be bad in a data centre?

...running FreeBSD, I think. But what's your point anyway? They were Mac Minis, not laptops.

I don't have anything to stand on. I used a Thinkpad R32 as a file server for years.

>letting leddit control the memes you post

>posting memes

>greentexting

posting

>existing

Yes, that is me

Oh, I see.

you literally can't do that MacBooks unless you connect some peripherals

>ilets have to literally buy an app to be able to close the lid without entering sleep mode
holy shit man

Not him but literally opsec. Industrial espionage is no joke and giving intel to the opposition is clinically retarded. It's not a problem if you're working at some random smb though.

Well Applel dropped the xerve so itoddlers are forced to use whatever the fuck as a server.

>do not close lid
Why can't he just set it to do nothing when lid is closed?

It will overheat and die because it'd have nowhere to suck air in from.

I really wanna close that lid

as if that was something a retard couldn't do. anyone can look up a youtube video on how to install and set up apache (or any other) server.

>the laptop will overheat because it has literally nowhere to suck air from

>Designed by Apple in California

>suck
LMAO IT'S LIKE APPLE IS GAY HAHAHAHAHA

just end my life

>apple can't keep sucking
>dies

>Designed by Apple in California

What does it do?

It allows you to rackmount mac pros. Apple doesn't let you run macOS or virtualize macOS on non-apple hardware. They also don't sell server hardware, so if you are a company that needs to test your software or run some server software on macOS you are basically forced to run a mac mini or a mac pro as your server.

based

LOL jesus fucking christ

I don't know about you but I'm afraid again

Was this ever really proven? I thought it was just an elaborate joke.
>...running FreeBSD, I think.
Yep. Anyone still have a pic of the cluster?

Why bother with MacOS at all, then? I'm not a homosexual.

/thread

Fucking amazing

Just get a mac-fucking-mini
One of the few products I like from that company

Attached: 62427853.png (1300x1300, 138K)

Attached: 2019-04-07 22.55.14 www.wikihow.com 4e4f3c0b616f.jpg (713x528, 54K)

bass

Bingo, only retards above this post

I have a Mac server to use imessage on my android

/thread
This is precisely why we laugh at Applel.

Is there literally any reason to buy a Mac or iPhone

So you can show off to your gay friends in the local starbucks.

Attached: 1359159100314.jpg (1296x968, 428K)

B A S E D

baste

Quality thread

>not taking selfies in the server room
I take it you are ugly and have never seen a vagina?

bay ssd

what did he mean by this

>ummmm guys can we make this about me again please? i need attention stop talking to each other

SEETHING

based

>close lid anyway
Who here /devilish/?

Based and Pilled Red