Be college student, studying CSE

>be college student, studying CSE
>good at my studies, also been programming since I was 12 so pretty good at making things
>there's a group of guys in my class who don't know shit about anything tech related
>all they can do is basic webdev, plus their grades are very mediocre
>the only thing they do is take part in symposiums, workshops, investor meets, hackathons, etc
>other people think they're actually knowledgeable because they are seen literally everywhere
>mfw they even pretend to know things they don't

Why are these people even here if they don't care about tech? If the sole thing they want to do is network, they should've been to B school instead.
God damn these guys took 4 hours to implemented a linked list in JavaScript of all things
I hate that such posers can operate and not be called out

Attached: 3643353.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Have sex

Quit being a fuckstick. If you're worried about other students performance outside of group activities you're doing it wrong. Who cares what their future is, you're there and someone is paying for you to learn so focus on YOUR studies. If they aren't on your level who cares? Fuck off with your entitled judgements and assumptions of their lives. You're wasting your own time and energy fussing over their level of investment, when you should be concerned with yours first and foremost. If you have time to feel insulted by their lack of intellect, or willingness to apply themselves you have time to get a hobby unless your ego is firmly centered around feeling better than other students.

That's call social skills user, and it will as useful as your technical skills in your career

Attached: eccf5e57bfe6967fe0fe0154f5914371.jpg (960x780, 86K)

Surprise, social skills sometimes matter more than just being able to do something.

Be very good at your job
Come to work on time and clean
Be sociable and easy to work with

Pick 2 and the third can be excused.

Your advantage comes only from being an autist since you were 12
The more time that passes, the less that advantage will be relevant
In another ten years they'll be real experts AND they'll have connections and lives
Think about it

They'll still be inferior to me skill wise most likely, so I still win

If I'm understanding OP, I've seen people like this before.

They're not interested in actually writing code or learning concepts about developing software. They're there because there's a lot of money in software/firmware development.
I doubt they will ever really improve their programming skills, but it doesn't matter because those people are aiming to become managers, not developers.

But you just said you're not winning. They are.

they are sales / business development folks, you are programmer / architect. they sell what you make. it's called symbiosis, everyone brings something to the table

Eh I never said that, I'm the most knowledgeable person in my class, everyone acknowledges that, I have been offered internships from the nearby startups and well established companies.
It's just you minor dislike for these people. When I came to univ, I expected to find like minded people but most aren't, but most try. Now these people don't even try and PRETEND to already know so much.

>I'm the best, at being a butt sucking idiot who isn't satisfied with what I have. I'm really great though.
No one cares why are you blogging on a malaysian hip hop bbs

social skills are very important OP. Odds are you will not ger a job without them. You may think you are smart just because you memorized a few bash commands and can write fizzbuzz in over 20 hipster languages, but I assure you you're retarded

kind of a rough attitude maygn. are there Knuths and Carmacks out there thinking the same about you?

I know that feel, op.
I hate posers so much.

No, have gay sex, you virgin

You sound unbearable to be around

Could be worse. My MSc classes are 99% pajeet, of which none has a BSc that is accepted on an international level because their BSc is 1 year of bootcamp, because my university gets extra funds for each foreign student they enroll. In no single class did we manage to handle more than half of the intended workload because they dont know the most basic things like calculus, probability/statistics and basic CS concepts like stack and queue.
Even the teachers are getting annoyed and are stopping to use english for their lectures.

Attached: 1548951118311.webm (720x480, 1.3M)

user, welcome to careers.
You have to shill yourself constantly, often times you will take on jobs you can't even fucking do because it's the only way to get the job or progress to a higher paying one.

They're not posers, they're just like everyone else, they gain the bare minimum knowledge in a subject to shove it on their CV.

You should do this too, you can only be a dickhead when you are a senior or tech lead. You can then block all the shit code you like.

Not what you want to hear but one of them or someone like me is going to be your boss, we'll be your babysitter and compensated more than you.
You should put yourself in a better position than them. Since you have offers, you should consider taking one if its paid otherwise I'm not sure what to do. You could be getting paid plus benefits and possibly have school paid for too. Gain the work experience and knowledge which everyone seems to require by what I've read on Jow Forums.
Hopefully you already did this but didn't mention it.

>They're not posers, they're just like everyone else, they gain the bare minimum knowledge in a subject to shove it on their CV.
Is that what normal people do? God damn that's really depressing

Attached: d8e247603b6ccfb6ec7775c925972b2b.png (655x509, 28K)

>Hurr Durr, why are they trying to learn a bunch of different things and have fun at the same time.

If I were, I wouldn't be considered a really friendly bubbly guy by most people I know.
I just might be very good at pretending or something

Yes I have accepted the internship from a nearby startup. I really like the work they're doing, so it's like I'm on vacation while I'm there.
>one of them or someone like me is going to be your boss, we'll be your babysitter and compensated more than you
You're right, I do not like the sound of it. I thought this was supposed to be a meritocracy, the best person gets the best job.

It's one thing if they admit they don't know something and put in efforts to learn but these people go the unethical route, and just lie that they know the thing. That's what pisses me off so much.
I've had people asking me if I know webdev, I do know how to write PHP scripts, JavaScript to do stuff, html, css etc etc, made a website too, but I cannot even dream of claiming to "know" webdev because there's so much more to learn but these fags go ahead and claim they know something if they've just heard the term somewhere.

>Be sociable and easy to work with
You're going to need this because I'm not hiring someone that's a complete asshole to work with on a daily basis. Would rather take the next candidate that needs to be trained a bit but is personable and cooperative.

>we'll be your babysitter and compensated more than you
I have yet to figure out why generic managers who just organize other people make the money that they do. Probably just tradition and self-sustaining wage market.

I would argue that it's much more difficult to find someone good at programming than it is to find someone who can harass others to meet deadlines and attend meetings.

the good ones can actually herd the cats. shit, the cats don't know their being herded if done well. something about leadership or some other buggery nonsense

>be college boi
>half of them are "I wanna make video gaems"
>other half only care about things relevant to the FAANG interview
>forced to do frontend on every project because nobody else knows JS