Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: boysfightingthebotnet.png (1280x1100, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

orico.cc/us/product/detail/314.html
avantree.com/product-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adapter-avantree-dg40s-994.html
displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6JIjOW4gw
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can i search for special characters or punctuation in an exact phrase search in a foolfuuka archive such as 4plebs?
for example if i were to search "up & down" it would treat it as if i searched for "up down"; is there a way to include other characters like that?

quotes?

Really dumb question, but I mean it's not like I have to use the usb 2.0 cable that comes with my arduino board right? I can use any of varying lengths.

yeah that's what i was doing, but it ignores anything that isn't an alphanumeric character, quotes or not. it honestly just might not be possible. i'm having trouble finding any kind of documentation for it usage

can i use netflix (desktop version) with chrome incognito mode only (chrome.exe -incognito)? i was reading some stuff saying it doesnt let you log in but maybe that has changed?

What is the best way to clean dust from behind a laptop screen? The only recommendation I can find online is using a suction cup to pull the screen out a little and shake the dust through the other side, but I don't have a suction cup available at the moment.

Windows 7 is only letting me format 4mbs of a 16gb usb stick
The disk manager shows the rest unallocated but right clicking doesnt let me format it

try using diskpart instead, there is probably something disk management cant see like a tiny partition

which one of these is better?
orico.cc/us/product/detail/314.html
avantree.com/product-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adapter-avantree-dg40s-994.html

Orico, CSR8510.

My desk is shit and flimsy, made of fairly thin wood, and it constantly makes a sort of vibrating sound.
How do I alleviate this, aside from getting a good, proper desk?
Usually it isn't a problem, but when I just hear a constant, faint sort of buzz, it gets a little tiresome after a while.

thanks, may I know why?

poo on it xd

i use 2 scarfs folded together under my keyboard, stops most vibration i feel
also a wrist rest under the keyboard and a soft mousepad helps

I'm not convinced it's the keyboard.
It's probably because my computer is on the desk, since it's only really when my computer is on, which, with the way my room is arranged, I can't really put it on the floor without it being in a cramped little corner, choked for air, and likely to get hot and dusty as fuck.

I'm getting captcha requests just to visit Jow Forums. Is there any way around them?

What would be a RP3B+ alternative that doesn't have 1GB of shitty RAM? It costs 40€, a little less. I'd use it to play retro gaymes. No 3D, so I don't think I will need a really powerful GPU, but I guess I could get something better than the raspberry.

stack some books and put the base unit on the floor
this exhausts my diy advice

It doesn't have to be the arduino one specifically, but there tends to be pretty small power margins on these small boards, so I'd make sure it's a high quality cable, especially if it's on the longer side. There's a massive amount of variance among usb cables.

Anyone have experience with getting Teamviewer running on Arch without a DE? I found that you need the teamviewer12 package from the AUR, and I can get it to run fine, but whenever I start the teamviewer daemon my wifi dies.
ip a shows my wifi goes into DORMANT status, but goes to default after a short time. I don't have an ip address though, and I can't do anything. Even if I stop the teamviewer daemon, I need to reboot just to get my wifi working again.
Any ideas or suggestions on where to find answers? No errors seem to be logged anywhere I can find either

I'm trying to dual boot Ubuntu and windows 10 (I need it for uni) but when in the installation menu I allocate the space and press continue it asks for an efi system partition what's that?

i think it might use elasticsearch or lucene on the backend so maybe you could try a lucene query

What could the reason be that my BlueTooth is not working on Windows? All the devices are ok, they connect to otherPCs and my phone.
Even my desktop hardware is ok, because it works in Ubuntu. It's only windows on my desktop, my laptop with Windows is ok. It's so annoying.

Does anybody know a good mp3 player, that has free software on it. I want to walk around and listen to audio. Ideally no internet.

Have a laptop with wifi and a router that was reset. Basically no internet connection.
Do I need to have LAN cable to access said router? I tried accessing it without a cable but couldn't connect to it.
Is this intended or did I do something wrong?
Router is a cheap TPLINK 740.

Poorfag here buying a budget tv, these are my only options I know I will be told they all are shit. But in terms of shit which is the least shit and which is the most shit.

Philips 50PUS6162/05 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus, Freeview Play - Black (2017 Model) [Energy Class A+]

Toshiba 49U5863DB 49-Inch Smart 4K Ultra-HD HDR LED WiFi TV with Freeview Play - Black/Silver (2018 Model)

TCL 50DP648 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 10 TV with Smart Freeview Play - Silver (2018 Model) [Energy ClassA+]

LG 49UK6200PLA 49-Inch 4K UHD HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview Play (2018 Model) - Black [Energy Class A]

Hisense H50A6200UK 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with Freeview Play - Black (2018 Model) [Energy Class A]

Hey boys, wiki is down. What trusted software would you recommend to read mangas, particularily .cbz files ? I'm on a debian-based distro.

Is there a better ftp client for windows than Filezilla?

Attached: filezilla.gif (200x200, 5K)

in windows 10's "PHOTOS" app, there's a feature to generate a stylized video from a set of other videos/pics.

it's quite limited, and seems to run the same algorithm every time. can't make the clips sync to music other than the supplied stuff.

is there another program which can generate videos in decent quality and stylize them based on the music selected? (preferably free to use without watermarks)

Attached: chrome_yi7eXux8Kb.png (1456x1080, 1.3M)

When you past a transparent image into ms paint, the transparents parts are black. Is there any way to make them white instead?

the best you can do is save it, reopen it and then bucket fill blacks with white.

otherwise, no. - install GIMP

can't improve upon perfection, m8!

Muxing video to MKV with ffmpeg and I keep getting this error. Is there anyway to fix this without re-encoding the source material? It only does it when trying to mux to MKV.

Attached: mkv.png (666x312, 18K)

winscp

can one get a link to a single picture out of an instagram gallery?

try to add -fflags +genpts before the input

I finally ordered a replacement for my provider router, what are some interesting projects i can do with openwrt ? useful and also for learning. I already have a pihole + vpn on a separate device.

How do I change MAC in this faggot

Attached: 1554658580427.png (165x288, 75K)

God I'm glad I don't live in Europe. You guys get such a shit deal on electronics. Generally I'd go with TCL on the low end, although the lack of Roku in their UK version is pretty disappointing if you plan on using the Smart shit. Maybe buy one on the side.

You can't.

it usually helps to include the command you used in your post

Based on? Is it the better screen out of all? What is TCL like for customer support and tvs breaking etc. Also do all the screens include hdr 10 in the ones listed or just that one. Thanks

Also will getting a 49 inch instead of a 50 inch fuck up the resolution giving me black bars in movies and stop etc? Thanks

TCL is generally a quality brand that's just starting to make its way west. Apparently that's like the first model in the uk. They generally do the best video output on a budget. The size of the screen affects neither the resolution or aspect ratio, so 49 v 50 doesn't have any side effects.

didn't work. good suggestion, though. i'll just deal with and ctrl+f the results for the specific thing i want, thanks anyway

Have I done it right? It still does it with this command added.

Attached: mkv2.png (947x30, 5K)

What garbage is that Clippings.txt function on Kindle.
How do you manage your notes? Do you use any 3rd party app to sort the txt file?

Attached: 1554643214234.png (1500x680, 1.19M)

Networking question about analogue and digital signals: I am currently doing an assignment and I am confused about these two questions:

1 Computers prefer to work with digital signals rather than analogue. (AC2.1)
a. Produce your own drawings comparing a digital signal to an analogue signal, explaining their differences.
b. Describe how each may be transmitted. The transmission method must be network related.

For a) I have drawn Analogue and Digital signal drawings, showing their differences.

For b) Is where I am stuck, technically all cabling transmits analogue, it just gets converted using ADC to digital at the end.

What is b) asking for? Have I fully answered a)?

should i settle for the latest office 2019 or the 2010 version? which has the less bloat?

Attached: 1500505314533.jpg (533x560, 215K)

What do you have to know to get a good paying IT job

Is Daemon tools REALLY safe and not a botnet??

I feel like it being so popular there must be better mounting software out there because W10 mount isnt giving me the options I need.

But I dont want to fall into Daemon if its a trap and there doesnt seem to be Jow Forums approved mounter.

WinCDEmu?

When recording in obs, what settings would resolve into the highest quality recording ?
I current have it set to vbr with a maximum bitrate that it can use of 1000000 and set to ultrafast preset.
Would changing it to a crf 0 or 1 instead of vbr setting make a positive difference in quality ?

Depends on what the job entails.

My IT job is classified as "Smart Hands", i.e. troubleshooter for things that catch fire in the office. I work in the head office of large heavy equipment corp, 500+ people. So theres tens of meeting rooms, hundreds of PCs and mobile devices, the VIP executives, its all about keeping things running and helping people with the basic shit.

How to set up an iphone, how to configure OneDrive, how to use Cisco VOIP, VPN, MS Teams, fix some BSOD, some Active Directory, some Skype videoconference config. And you gotta be able to learn how to use new things, like Zoom or iOS config.

Just don't use a chinky one and you'll be fine.

Try using a different file formatting program to fully wipe it.
The sdcard formatting program from the SD card association works well for this.

Can someone recommend a good fairly new smartphone?
I want to root, use a custom ROM and try to be as free of Google atl as possible.
Thanks in advance.

>smartphone
>free of google
your only option is iphone

Anyone?

>The transmission method must be network related
what do they mean by this?

Any programs that will press a key in different time intervals or every 2 minutes?
I’m farming in a game that just requires me to press a key every 2 minutes, and although it would be easy to just set a timer every 2 minutes, I want to be able to focus on something else.
I’d also prefer something thats not exactly every two minutes everytime as to avoid any red flags for botting (just in case)

Okay, so I fell for the VR meme and ordered me a headset.

Now the problem is, I already have a triple screen setup and all ports in my graphics card occupied. Will plugging the headset into the mainboard's ports work or does the graphics card always override them?

FACT:
google pays apple to be integrated into iphones

is ~2 hours long enough to bump here?

There are possibilities for old models to exclude as much of googles shit as possible out of aosp Rom's.

How secure is iCloud keychain? Is it NSA proof?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1000x1000, 206K)

If I get locked in the basement of a captor's house and somehow get access to a computer with a working internet connection what is the fastest way to get help and let people know where I am. Assuming no phone and just using a web browser. Also this is just theoretical

Attached: 1552069257946.png (1211x956, 135K)

Whatever you plug into your motherboard will be limited to the graphical power of your onboard gpu.

both are bloated pick your poison

Well shit, thanks anyway. Seems like I have to unplug one monitor, then.

All I want to do is set the standby timers on my drives but it just doesn't do it. Originally the standby timers weren't enabled at all so I enabled them and I was able to change that but I can't change the timer settings for some reason.

Attached: file.png (772x323, 28K)

Are there any Jow Forums-approved android tablets?

The followup question: Is it still possible to degoogle them with, let's say, LineageOS?

Attached: 1549841198723.gif (241x328, 3.89M)

Another question: Would a DP splitter work? Those things are fucking expensive and I want to keep the same functionality I have now.
I have set up my screen with nvidia surround, would that still be possible?

wincdemu is good, no problems using it but i dont know if daemon tools uses methods for things like copy protecton emulation you might need

displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

Are "mini" desktops a meme or are they a viable choice to have?

Extreme linux newfag here. What am I supposed to do when I get to this screen? Is there a process still running? do I have to click something? When i try to exit out, it says a process is running and closing will kill it. Thanks for any help.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-24 15-22-53.png (746x269, 19K)

wrong fucking pic, god fucking damn it.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-07 15-21-46.png (712x465, 67K)

What is the next best option to private music trackers to get music that is for example on youtube or spotify but not on any public torrent site (example band ポップしなないで)? There are some youtube2mp converters but 156kbps is kind of a turn off... is there anything better?

What do you mean with mini?
If they can do whatever you want to do with them sure.

Press tab/down key until the Ok is highlighted and press enter.

Thanks, but my monitors can't do that.

Where is the new csg thread?

Is Iridium as good as ungoogled-chromium?

There's too many issues with portability and chromium to deal with. I'm just thinking of using Iridium instead.

What's a good high velocity quiet pedastel fan i can get from amazon/walmart? got new mic setup and switching from dynamic to condensor really shows how long my fan is. so getting a quieter fan will help a lot. my ac doesnt work very well btw

Attached: 1509223462190.jpg (360x360, 80K)

Is there a quick way to find out if your PC headphone jack is TRRS compatible? (microphone and audio in a single 3.5mm)

Attached: trrs-diagram3.jpg (600x180, 38K)

look at the legend near the port, or check mobo guide

It also mentions hubs, although you may still be bound by the maximum output of your GPU.

The main problem with both is that they're often several versions out of date, which is unacceptable for security in something as critical as a browser. There's also not nearly as many people running them as you would want. Edge or Brave are the minimum acceptable level of development.

Why are YouTube videos higher res here than at YouTube? Example:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z6JIjOW4gw

I am using Amazon tablet silk browser.

Compact/small desktops, small enough to haul around. Wasnt sure of their reliability or if anyone here would have an experience with these.

See, I often don't care about being up to date due to unnecessary changes or bloat updates and just plain convenience. I don't go anywhere shady anyways and never get infected.

Anyway, I'm thinking of just installing Brave and checking it out anyway. Tired of FireFox derivatives.

Also, any point to overwritting Chromium files with ungoogled-chromium? Or should I just use it as a portable browser?

You can be moderately out of date on most things, your browser is the big exception. Legit sites get infected all the time, and critical exploits are discovered all the time. Your experience thus far isn't a good indicator, even before you factor in that breaches can often go undetected.

I'd do an uninstall of the old browser first if you're not going to use portable. Not a lot of point otherwise, as portable still tends to dig into your registry a bit.

bring back the loli ops

Attached: 1485333021068.jpg (2335x2507, 685K)

I installed Devuan and upgraded to testing to find that I can't mount desks. I think Polkit is denying me privileges despite being able to do other root things.
I never handled Polkit before so I don't know what to do.
. . .or shoud I just uninstall it?

Android is not Jow Forums approved.

>Is it still possible to-
"Smart"phones and tablits are toys. always keep that in mind when you ask if something can be done on them.

>The main problem with both is that they're often several versions out of date,
How fucked im I on Qutebrowser?

Xiaomi mi pad 4 has treble support and also has some roms available forum.xda-developers.com/mi-pad-4

Attached: 1518468837812.jpg (603x603, 137K)

can i plug rg-59u male into a rg-6 female?

Is there any way to grab all Youtube links from a page and shove them in a playlist, or just something that will play them one after the other?

Without a Youtube account of course

Attached: f16.png (354x357, 4K)

It's so minimalist there's probably a lot less of an attack surface, but they are still on security updates for 72, and 75 is out now.

is buster captcha solver down for anyone else?

if you can figure out a way to create a text file with all the links from the page you can feed that file to mpv which will use youtube-dl to play back the videos