Are vim kiddies the true soy boys?

Why are vim users fingers so weak that they cannot use the full functionalites of their keyboards that they have to limit themselves to the home row and need many different modes to live in that bubble?
Emacs gives you full control of your machine and text editor its like your commanding a space ship.

Look at pic related, a woman of color is owning that the full functionality of her keyboard. Why are vim users the real onions boys in the text editing world?

Attached: vimfagscantcompete.gif (333x250, 3.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimuser.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what are you going on about fag

I constantly hear people afraid of using the control key with their pinky and this is just a classic example that its so easy a woman can do it.
q.e.d vim kiddies are less than woman.

who cares what women can or can't do and why waste your time with a key not needed

>mental gymnastics to cope with onions boy fingers.

>why don't you do a thing that women of color do?
Because I'm not a woman of color. If you wanna be then that's fine, just do it away from me.

more onions boy mental gymnastics to cope with their delicate fingers.

Have sex.

>cannot cope with a virgin being more alpha than you, delicate fingers.

RSI has nothing to do with strength, and if you have ever experienced it you'd fuck off about it. I'm a guitar player and a software developer. I have to be very conscientious about how I use my hands. Mechanical keyboard, vim, good posture and stretching are important. Emacs is okay with different keybindings, but i chose vi many years ago because it was easier and I can't be hassled to configure a different editor or ide. If I'm on a project with a preconfigured IDE I use vim keys. My fingers have plenty of strength, it's about strain on nerves and tendons, not muscles. I have a short ulnar nerve which causes problems. also, if I fuck up and get RSI it takes months to heal, and I'm not very productive those months. Carpal/cubital/ulnar tunnel syndrome are about nerves and tendons, not muscles.

Attached: example-51831.jpg (1024x1024, 66K)

They're onions boys, but it has to do with making things needlessly complicated to feel like their favorite pop culture hacker reference.

>low testosterone beta incels IQ is too low to use a real text editor

>hey, how do I delete a paragraph of text?
>vi: {d}
>vim: dip
>emacs: C-SPC, M-E, C-W
One of these requires unintuitive movements of the hand to complete. Can you guess which one?

fpbp

>I constantly hear people afraid of using the control key with their pinky
no you do not

Attached: gifa-bullshitometer.gif (340x164, 249K)

This. I use vim because it's more comfortable to use, not necessarily because it's faster or more efficient.

>any of those
>intuitive

>argument countered
>but no counter-argument

>delete
>in
>paragraph

>not intuitive

Are you retarded or something? Even people with English as a fourth language can understand that

ITT: RSI internet defence force

Attached: 1547878303614-g.gif (200x200, 1.03M)

Not even that. The point was, regardless of how obvious the commands are, the vi and vim commands are far easier to execute at a physical level.

The thing that keeps bringing me back to emacs is that it has so much functionality built in, and it's so easy to discover: I basically just guess what the command name would be and use auto-complete to find it. I'm sure there's a better way but this works for me 99% of the time. Basically any random function i need is already there, and no need to have external tools available and master them all as well.

I do love the vim command language, but even after going through vimtutor I really have no idea how to do something simple like dedup and sort lines, and I've no idea where to go to figure out how to do that. The self-documenting and extensible nature of emacs makes every other editing environment I've used feel woefully inadequate in comparison, even if the editing modality is otherwise superior.

TL;DR: anyone knows how to make vim more discoverable to a newb LMK.

Why is it that vim users are so terrified of the control key and yet seem to have no problem using the shift and return keys all the time? With my emacs config I use my pinkies much less than I would in vim.

>boys
EHM.
vimuser.org/

Emacs is objectively a superior piece of software. Although Evil-mode exists and works great, I'm lately starting to experiment with my custom, non-modal keybindings (they are very similar to the default ones, I just swapped commands such as motions to be closer together).
The main problem that causes the so-called Emacs pinky, however, is that most keyboards nowadays (at least the ones the average normalfaggot would buy) just suck, and aren't designed with heavy modifier key usage in mind.
No, remapping Caps Lock to Ctrl is a suboptimal solution. Although better than the most common left Ctrl position nowadays, it's way better to map keys in a way you can press them using your thumb rather than your pinky. Plus, only the first IBM PC keyboards had Ctrl in that position. The fact that Ctrl was originally placed there is largely a myth.
Pic related is an old Lisp machine keyboard. Notice how Ctrl, Meta, Super and Hyper are arranged: the most frequently used one (Ctrl) is close to the spacebar, easily reachable with your thumb, while other modifiers are further and further apart.
I myself have swapped left Ctrl and left Alt, and left the right ones unchanged. That way, I can use both Ctrl and Alt with my thumbs, avoiding awkward pinky stretches all the time. Works great, and I'm now even faster than when I used Evil-mode.

Attached: 1553026687345.jpg (1280x960, 173K)

WTF I'm switching to Emacs immediately.

Just use Evil mode, it's unironically a better Vi implementation than Vim is.

lol. yes, every single discussion about emacs and its keybindings revolves around the use of the Control and the Pinky and RSI.

Emacs does everything, making it chaotic. Emacs posters on here lately can't understand that not everyone wants that chaos in their life. They resort to ideas that other editors have lesser integrated languages, that other people aren't mentally capable of using Emacs, that other people are too lazy to learn how to use Emacs, and now that other people are physically incapable of using Emacs. Unfortunately none of these things is actually a reason to use the editor - the quality of the integrated language does not impact regular usage, and at a certain point hurdles to editing just make the editor impractical. It must suck to be someone who wants such utter control and needs so much external validation, but to be unable to understand any other human.

I use Emacs and the vi-keys on it.

>They resort to ideas that other editors have lesser integrated languages
This is objectively true, though. No other editor is mostly written in the same language used to configure it.

You missed:
>the quality of the integrated language does not impact regular usage

This so much. I'm honestly amazed that so many people, even among Emacs users, don't take their time to use a more ergonimic mapping for modifier keys. It's more than worth it.

>dedup and sort lines
>visual select lines
>!sort -u
basically this