Be me

>be me
>games through most of my teenage years, laughed at macfags because Macs can’t game
>went through several laptops and PCs, including a top end self made one
>never used a mac
>recently got a full time job in finance
>got a MacBook Pro as part of the job

Holy shit, why did nobody ever tell me how good Macs were?

It’s like I’ve been using children’s toys all these years and now I have an actual well designed piece of hardware.

Attached: 490C80B4-915D-47F9-9241-EAF6DA015AC9.png (892x820, 567K)

Took you long enough to realize you're gay.

I assume you have touched its keyboard yet, probably haven't even opened it. Most likely just baiting though. Be grateful for this (You).

>well designed piece of hardware
Don't Macs have tons of hardware problem like keyboards stop working?

2012/2014 MacBook pro were at the top.

that better be a 2019 model cuz the E keys on 2018 and before are fucked

Total opposite for me. Been using my Windows laptop from 2012 and recently got a new MBP. Ended up still using the old laptop more since the MBP sucked.

why

Attached: be9.jpg (460x500, 42K)

no user, the visual appeal of the casing is the most important aspect of any product
you want your friends to see you using an ugly product?

I want my products to firstly be powerful and then look good
If i was gonna buy a laptop i'd buy a huawei matebook instead of a macbook

Gamers are not people

Apple costumers arent either

Wouldn't finance be using Thinkpads?

describe your finance job so we know you’re not bullshitting. I’ll know if you’re bullshitting.

Attached: image.jpg (250x240, 25K)

He's LARPing. Probably a teenager that got his mommy to buy him his first apple notebook and now wants the whole world know how wonderful his new toy is.

Attached: 1362193621757.jpg (369x281, 36K)

>It’s like I’ve been using children’s toys all these years and now I have an actual well designed piece of hardware.
Hope you have fun for a year before the keyboard is fucked up and you burn your fingers from overheating

>friends
laughsingay.jpg

satania shitposters are banned or just asleep?

Yeah i used a 2015 15 inch mbp at work and own a 2017 mbp 13 inch. They are based af. Thinkpads are trash

>actual well designed piece of hardware.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 27237_114356755250012_114313965254291_206720_2978162_n.jpg (300x240, 12K)

Attached: 1278353851373.jpg (500x343, 78K)

Attached: itb.gif (498x278, 1.69M)

Attached: 1264245723997.jpg (440x1633, 106K)

Attached: tech58.jpg (632x700, 235K)

Attached: 1361917063483.png (800x600, 611K)

Reminder.

Attached: IMG_20190327_114208_174.jpg (1280x853, 272K)

Attached: 1255039729395.jpg (963x692, 63K)

Attached: 1554612424906.png (686x955, 420K)

Attached: 1554612892519.jpg (800x800, 292K)

>any apple thread regardless of OP becomes an apple hate thread
Never change Jow Forums.

Attached: 1534244921984.jpg (1240x1080, 244K)

Attached: 1278354106632.jpg (500x690, 121K)

Attached: Mac_experience.jpg (750x600, 85K)

Macs are only good if you don't have to pay for them, or the repairs, or the AppleCareTM..And you also don't have to pay for all the absurd amounts of dongles you need, and the adaptors.

You also have to be in an apple ecosystem, where you use airdrop..And you also have to own an iPhone to make the most of it all.

Then yeah, they're good, if they're free, sure.

Find me in kik ;)

sent ;)

15 inch 2018 macbook pro here, E key is fine, T key is fine, R key is fine

Is this an NPC thread? Because OP sounds like an NPC

Shit that never happened.
Once an iToddler always an iToddler

>just use a program so your $3000 laptop works lmao
I'm going to have to go to the apple store next week for this.. great laptop apart from keyboard issues though.
Still better than using windows

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 6.08.15 PM.png (3360x2100, 1.02M)

underrated
lol

Which program?

based satania poster

A friend lended me his macbook pro (2016 I think) to type something out for him and holy shit was that an awful experience. Comparing it to my old style Thinkpad keyboard, it's just so much worse. No matter how much more convenient the user experience generally is, the main way of interfacing sucks too much.
>inb4 just use an external keyboard

Unshaky; if the same key is pressed twice in a settable timespan, it only prints one character.
would definitely recommend if you have issues, basically completely fixed mine. except for keys that don't work instead of double pressing..

I pray you don't have a macbook with a t2 chip. Those things are time bombs.

based AND redpilled

My college paid for it, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 6.29.12 PM.png (374x172, 31K)

well just keep regular backups. Applecare doesnt give a shit about your data.

Thanks user.

Yeah, that's a good idea.
Truthfully I mostly use it to watch anime, I keep meaning to get an external drive to keep backups.. 512GB of storage really isn't enough.

Just be aware that the keyboard continually gets worse. I started with double-pressing issues, but eventually you're going to be missing letters and you're going to have to take it into the apple store unless you can deal with constantly proofreading everything that you type.

Makes you wish for a nuclear winter

/thread

>the ABSOLUTE state of macshit

Attached: 1547332215604.gif (136x102, 516K)

lets see your CPU temperature kek, i'm betting its 70C+

I agree, been using Linux on PCs for years then finally stole a 2010 MBP a month ago, reset the OS and man it's surprisingly really good. Really good screen and font rendering. DE is similar to Unity except it runs considerably smoother and macOS has more mainstream app/game support but still has UNIX command line interface, I don't miss Linux at all!

Give it back, Tyrone.

nah it's comfy and the previous owner was a jew-owned business

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 11.58.29 PM.png (1280x800, 1.72M)

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1528855889471.gif (700x243, 55K)

nigga I own about 13 thinkpads and numerous other PCs and desktops, I'm just sayin I can appreciate the mac now that I've used it, unlike you, so maybe you should get around to grabbin one like I did and it's cmd+opt+r to reset the OS or something like that, unless the newer versions are different

Attached: 1538134180484.jpg (2048x1536, 789K)

do you take pleasure out of saving these pictures? if so you are the onions boy.

>full time job in finance
There's your problem.

>In finance
>Uses a Mac

How do you deal with the gimped version of Excel? Seriously I gave up my Mac after starting my job in finance because I couldn't get any of my VBA shit to work properly while I was working from home.

Yeah Apple's cables are fucking trash. I've replaced all of mine at this point.

fpbp

This. Op is full of shit.

not finance but business and excel heavy and I have my MacBook to just read emails and touch things up on the go and have either my office PC (windows) or my work PC (windows) for heavy lifting/proper work

I don't even bother with the Mac anymore. I sold it a year after graduating because it honestly just sat in a drawer, unused, for over 4 months. Amazingly, I was still able to get $600 for it despite the fact that it was 6 years old at that point. They do hold their value well, I'll give 'em that. But similarly it was a waste of money to have that money being tied up in an idle, depreciating asset.

>be me, used thinkpads since -09
>one day, get yourself a macbook pro because ooh shiny
>it's fine as a couch table computer
>never dare take it anywhere with you, feels fragile
>switch to a thinkpad again for its better screen and keyboard, ruggedness
>notice you miss the god-tier trackpad
>have to use a mouse, used to like the nub mouse but now you can't use it properly anymore and the trackpad sucks
>now thinking about getting a retina macbook pro, hoping the screen would be a match
>however know you will miss the keyboard with actual pgup/pgdown and home/end keys
I am torn, Jow Forums
Why doesn't anyone make a thinkpad with the apple trackpad, I'd be set

literal npcs

>How do you deal with the gimped version of Excel?

The current version of Microsoft Office for Mac is essentially the same codebase as the Windows version, they're at feature parity.
It's even on the App Store now, which avoids the Microsoft Update horse shit.

>at least macs can do wifi
what did he mean by this?

baste

Back in 2002, when the computer he's talking about (the iMac G4, not the G3) was released, it was extremely rare for a desktop PC to have wifi built in.
It's only in the last few years, after PC manufacturers started copying the all-in-one design of the 2012 iMac that they've included wifi as a standard.

Apple made wifi standard on their iMacs while with PC desktops you had to add it on. Thats all I can think.

Similar life path, except I used a Mac during uni for a short while and though it is lack. Have to use MBP 2018 for work now and I think that's abdominalne what they did!

based

>it was extremely rare for a desktop PC to have wifi built in.
what? you'd just buy a 20 dollar wifi card and plug it in? do you mean integrated into the motherboard?

>finance

>mac

One of these does not belong together

Macs wouldn't be used at all if windows wasn't such a piece of steaming garbage.
I have a 2011 macbook pro that i used up until early this year when i finally bought a purism laptop.
My macbook surfed the web good and it was really easy to pirate software for it. Never updated it so its still running Mavericks. The ui was clean and easy to use. I could pirate hella shit and not worry about having an antivirus or being forced to patch it every few months like windows.

I kept it around since it has photoshop cs6 on it. There's not a good image editor for linux that i like and i refuse to do the photoshop "creative cloud" bullshit and i refuse to run windows on anything i own.
So i kept my macbook alive. Its literally a dedicated meme-making platform now.
But yeah, i had to repair the keyboard and disable one of the gpu's to prevent it from freezing up and overheating about five years into ownership. But it still runs photoshop really well.

> well designed piece of hardware
lul sure
> implying they're good
No, they aren't. JustWerks is for the people who can't walk and breathe at the same time.

So are niggers

I really hope you're not using excel on a macbook, it's absolute garbage.