Newbie T.V buying advice

Poorfag here buying a budget tv, these are my only options I know I will be told they all are shit. But in terms of shit which is the least shit and which is the most shit.

Philips 50PUS6162/05 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with HDR Plus, Freeview Play - Black (2017 Model) [Energy Class A+]

Toshiba 49U5863DB 49-Inch Smart 4K Ultra-HD HDR LED WiFi TV with Freeview Play - Black/Silver (2018 Model)

TCL 50DP648 50 Inch 4K Ultra HD HDR 10 TV with Smart Freeview Play - Silver (2018 Model) [Energy ClassA+]

LG 49UK6200PLA 49-Inch 4K UHD HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview Play (2018 Model) - Black [Energy Class A]

Hisense H50A6200UK 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV with Freeview Play - Black (2018 Model) [Energy Class A]

Attached: tv advicer.jpg (1500x1000, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rssh8FqMI_8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tvphilia doesn't make sense to me, your brain doesn't pay attention to the tiny coloring details and all the little idiosyncracies of the tv and whatnot when you're paying real attention to the thing you're watching. Just cop a used 50 inch off craigslist for however cheap you can get it, make sure the seller lets you turn it on and fuck with the remote and whatnot

bump

Attached: crying.jpg (657x657, 44K)

I don't buy second hand, I sold a broken phone to someone once on craigslist so I can not trust people not to do the same

I really need advice

That's why i said test it :/
I got a 40 inch for 40 bucks on CL. Simply took a fire stick to the guy's house, plugged it in, made sure i could turn it on and navigate to the correct input with the remote, it all worked with no cracks/dead pixels and that was it, simple as dat

Any advice on which one to buy please

Samsung NU8000 series. Avoid the 49 incher tho as it doesn't have the glorious 120 Hz panel

Like I said though my only options are the ones listed, so which is the best and worst out of that selection

bumpo

Spend a little bit more and go for a Panasonic or Sony.

what's with all the non standard tv sizes? Why not keep it simple; 19, 32, 40, 50, 55, 65, etc. Instead you get 30, 49, 37, other shit plus all those I mentioned above.

Since the display is all non standard won't your content also look all fucked up on it as well? 4:3 stuff will look really jacked, unless you like thick black bars on either side.

What do you mean?

Will the 49 inch fuck up the screen size unlike a 50 inch? Is this where amazon is tricking me with the better makes being as cheap but 49 inch and not 50

Go tcl 605 (whatever the current version is) 55 inch and be done

If you can wait, hisense is putting something out by the end of the year that will shit on oled in terms of longevity and nearly match it in quality.

your eyes pay attention to contrast. if you have a black line across a white background its VERY easy to see and notice jagged edges, put that black line in a darker setting, and suddenly it doesnt pop.

a good 4k with good backlighting will have small white spots fucking pop, you also have hdr, which when done right, has a wider contrast range displayed on the tv then you would normally get, currently this is mostly seen in games and is something that you have to see to understand, because before you understand it, it doesn't make much sense.

You get wider color range too, which is mostly useful in tech demos that show it off, but really, anything that is hdr and has many colors will benefit greatly,

TLDR: go tcl they are that perfect middle ground where you may as well get the cheapest thing possible if you can't put down 600$ on the tv, but also high enough quality that unless you are spending over 2000$ there is no reason to really pay for more outside of screen size.

I don't want to be rude but I clearly said in OP that the ones posted are my only options

Bumping and sharing some furniture tips. I recommend looking for your TV console at a consignment store. It's a great way to find inexpensive and stylish solid wood furniture that will last. Most budget credenzas are made out of fiberboard and will bend over time. MDF is stronger than solid wood, but don't expect it to look nice. Oh and it might cause cancer.

Are all the tvs I posted include HDR 10 or above or just the TCL?

bumperino

bumpi

Can I get advice on
thanks

LG C9

Attached: 036A79F1-38A3-45E0-BFF0-A338975E2490.jpg (1280x720, 158K)

I CANT AFFORD THAT ONE

> LG
Most probably RGBW, strike that out.
> Hisense
> TCL
Between these two, I got the idea TCL TVs break less.
Well, that you should know by yourself, but yes, it is possible that some TVs will be just "converting" HDR signal to normal without much else. Look which TVs support local dimming.

LG, Phillips and Toshiba are all good brands. Pick the least expensive one.

Why is the LG worse than the Hisense? Based on?
I think I am going for the LG

>being this autistic

>OLED
Enjoy your organic degradation and burn-in after one year

Hisense isn't bad but they get the prior generation screens from LG, Samsung, Toshiba etc.; Hisense software isn't that good.

LG, Phillips, Toshiba usually have good quality hardware and good software.

Ok thanks.

Is the guy who said being a 49 inch screen instead of a 50 inch is dumb because it will give me letterboxing and shit on my screen? Like what you get watching on an ultrawide and it has the black parts on the side

> Why is the LG worse than the Hisense? Based on?
Budget LGs use RGBW layout, hence they'll have skewed colors and atrocious fonts, if you were to plug any computing devices into it.
Samsung got you, because they supply RGB panels and love poking at competitors: youtube.com/watch?v=Rssh8FqMI_8

Why would that hisense be better though? Everywhere it says the LG is better?

also you got any ideas about

apparently OLED burn-in is R-Things fabrication
with most recent generation of OLED's you will need to watch several thousand hours CNN to make burn-in.
OLED is for now only solution since LCD is total bull crap

> Why would that hisense be better though?
I didn't say Hisense is better, in fact, I'd prefer TCL if I were to choose one. But first you have to sieve and remove feature-incomplete TVs, and then look for additional features, for example, reliability. I monitored some customer reviews, have to say TCL got less reviews like "broke after a month", less than Hisense, maybe because it costs a bit more.
Another pic for LG fonts quality.
> 49 inch screen instead of a 50 inch is dumb because it will give me letterboxing and shit on my screen
That's a weird statement because letterbox appears on panels with a different ratio, all 3840x2160 panels should be able to display 3840x2160 videos all right, even LG, because panel controller takes care of the conversion between RGB and RGBW, although it's not ideal, ofc. You may be thinking about HDMI underscan, but it is fixable in TV settings.

Attached: 1554663433194NsYIZwhmgrKD-B_87gNM_828ya5afXQn-360VeXb840Bul7vfBn6gxJPlgj3XmaK-8eJeD-wwXVN2gDSzGhoIg= (815x291, 81K)

Got a 65" samsung. Very nice picture. But I sit kinda far back from it. It's a 1080p display. Which is fine, I don't got any 4k content as it is.

get a 65inch 4k with dynamic lighting

I have the vizio pq shit gets bright as fuck it's great. The built in smart interface is trash but you can just use a nvidia shield with it instead

>Poorfag here buying a budget tv
>50-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart TV
Be poorer, nigga. Go 40-inch and get an even shittier TV. It literally doesn't matter. CRT TVs were like 25 inches and I don't remember anyone complaining.

But people then didn't have living rooms the size of auditoriums then either.

> almost but not quite poorfag
> want a 65" or larger OLED
> holding out for lower pricing
> current ones I want are $2500+

why would you want a tv? stop being a consumerist and pointlessly throwing money at things

Lg is the only not shit brand here. Buy tcl is you want to be a shameless poorfag

Just wait 8 months for Black Friday