/spg/ - Smartphone General

PocoChad Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: pocochad2.png (859x960, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4-android-one#buy
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2
mi.com/global/mi9/
ebay.com/itm/LG-G7-ThinQ-G710VM-64GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-Black-Mint/283438642115
kickstarter.com/projects/2103809433/wiphone-a-phone-for-hackers-and-makers/
techet.net/netanalyzer
amazon.com/dp/B0791VS3N9/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_QdMQCbCEQTJX8
youtu.be/MPu_w0-G54Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQzYNgycuqw
androidpolice.com/2019/03/28/with-the-moto-g7-lenovo-finally-killed-the-g-series-magic/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Imagine not having OIS haha

What's a poor fag supposed to buy with ~$200 and the phone needs to work with Verizon?

Attached: 1535511399965.jpg (600x600, 67K)

imagine not having a metal frame

buy whatever, you poorshits can't be choosers

I wish I could travel back in time and tell myself not to fret about being set on the OP7T because my fears were unfounded. The new sensors work great with gcam, pictures are finally top tier and this combined with the 10x zoom camera makes the OnePlus 7T a formidable competitor in the flagship department.

>buy whatever

Attached: ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss2.jpg (898x617, 158K)

???

Xperia XZ1. Japanese omnibalance aesthetics, headphone jack and expandable storage, fantastic front firing speakers, servicable camera and solid stock software. You'll get good battery life too despite the small capacity, definitely above 8 hours.

Best development phone for a poorfag.

His mouth is fucking creepy.

>omnibalance aesthetics
No thanks, I don't want something that looks like russian geiger counter.

motorola.com/us/products/moto-x-gen-4-android-one#buy
or
motorola.com/us/products/moto-z-play-gen-2

Both compatible with Verizon.

SEETHING

Pocophone

>XZ1
doesn't work on Verizon

Poco or Redmi Note 7

I'm really looking forward for that Mi 9. Unfortunately there won't be a global version with 8gb. Can anyone confirm?

You can keep your phone bro, I don't want it

>Imagine not having OIS haha
I am excited about mid rangers starting to have OIS like the Moto G7plus
I dream of a future where can buy a 150$ chink disposable phone with Mate 30pro pic quality that i dont have to care about dropping or losing

buying cheap phones is really rewarding and lets you appreciate the simple things in life

Attached: 1524059810999.jpg (320x240, 10K)

>tfw all the cuties can tell I'm not using an iPhone because Android sends fucked up looking pictures on Snapchat

same guy as my favorite phone was the nexus 6p, maybe i want to buy a used Pixel. Just don't know

this is true

that seems to be the case, only 6/64 and 6/128 variants listed:
mi.com/global/mi9/

If you can stretch your budget with a hundred bucks you could get a LG G7, currently selling for $299 brand new on Ebay:
ebay.com/itm/LG-G7-ThinQ-G710VM-64GB-Unlocked-Smartphone-Black-Mint/283438642115

>shilling bootloop gookshit

Help me out here, i need a new phone and i'm trying to decide between Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro with 3Gb RAM and 32Gb internal or the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1, do you have any thoughts?

Attached: 1554409243216.png (312x355, 10K)

fuck I see this LG shilled everywhere, shame it's shit

What resolution and dpi does Jow Forums use on their phone?

Im fucking tired of checking the redmeme note 7 page on xda for advances on custom rom development, and nothing. And still five days more of wait for xiaomi to let me unlock the bootloader

nodpi

Why is Apple still the most popular phone brand?

Is Android Q available on other systems (both officially and not), or is it still a Pixel-only kind of deal?

CHINKED AND POOED

Which mid-range Huawei should I purchase?

Also, should I be concerned about security/privacy when buying from them?

Yes, I have heard of LineageOS. And yes, I would likely install it on a new device.

You can't flash anything on newer Huaweis, they don't allow you to unlock the bootloader.

Xiaomi A2 Lite

Thinking about switching to iOS. I'll be upgrading my Galaxy S6

iPhone 8 or iPhone X Jow Forums?

8 plus

Well, shit. I didn't know that. It's been years since I've kept properly informed regarding the Android phone market.

Which brands still offer that functionality?

Looking for a small phone. So no plus. Just wondering if the regular 8 is any good

Attached: __hatoba_tsugu_hatoba_tsugu_drawn_by_instant_ioarthus__sample-0b426e908b2f0fe8e720680e64d4a8b4.jpg (850x975, 83K)

the basement made pajeet favorites xiaomi

Man, why is it so difficult for old people to adapt to new technology?
I got my gran a new phone because she's living by herself and I want to see her face when I call, but she refuses to use the damn phone and always calls me with her 20 year busted Nokia that makes her sound like she's stuck in a pit.
I explained everything several times, I know she knows how to do it, but she always makes up excuses.

it's ok but why get it over x if you have the money?

Does someone know a small phone where we can really hack everything? Like this kickstarter.com/projects/2103809433/wiphone-a-phone-for-hackers-and-makers/ but with gsm and a real battery.

Not really sure about the FaceID thing. I hear pretty its not always reliable

Xiaomi and Oneplus

Anyone mentioning bootloop in [current year] is shitposting or a shill. Only line that bootlooped is the SD808/810 generation due to the SoC being a house fire starting piece of shit, and every other phones using that SoC in that generation had severe throttling issues and bootlooping, though only the Nexus 6P had as high of a failure rate.

The reason those phones bootlooped is well documented at this point, the 808/810 runs so hot the Cortex A57 cores (one responsible for the heat) just stops functioning. Using a kernel where those cores were disabled and the phone just ran off the slower A53 core, the phone booted up normally, while being slightly cooler. So either LG/Huawei's cooling design wasn't enough to keep the SD810/808 from killing itself, or Qualcomn sold them a bad batch.

as you get older you get more industrial and practical. she just wants to pick up the phone and call. learning new things just takes time, time that old people just dont have the energy to waste.

Looking for a reasonably priced phone with a good camera, maybe like 300-400$? Could install google cam on it too so thats an option to lower the price.

Attached: 1554651723141.png (369x433, 170K)

Redmi Note 7 or Mi 9 SE?

Mix 2s,mi 8

No idea, I rarely see iPhones in the wild.

Get the 8 then, it's pretty compact by todays standarts

Best snapchat phone?

Attached: 7009475.jpg (356x500, 49K)

xs plus

Thanks user

Attached: serveimage(9).jpg (1024x803, 152K)

No and no you fuck.

It will come, don't worry. Buy phones when custom ROMs become available, not before.

>mail from a co-worker
>link to one of his Google Photos albums
>it's all photos os me
>message is "face recognition is fucking amazing Oo enjoy"

What a nightmare.

unironically iphone

snapchat app is way more polished on iOS

I needed a phone asap and this was 150 less than a poco. But overall Im happy, good battery, good performance, nice screen and camera. Only missing aosp and root

是 and हाँ poorshit

No, its a good phone, but too new to have already a somewhat decent rom scene

Best smartphone around $300 in 2019?

The Redmi has a larger screen, headphone jack, SD slot, is cheaper and possibly has better battery life. The screen is also IPS in case you're concerned about AMOLED burn-in. In all other things the SE is better, but if any of the things listed above has a high priority to you, go with the Redmi.

new or used?

New

Pocochad checking in..... here's your app of the day techet.net/netanalyzer

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

Hello fellow 4channelers
I would like to know a good cheap ass phone that is less than 50 usd.

>huawei mate se
amazon.com/dp/B0791VS3N9/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_QdMQCbCEQTJX8

I'm getting the Note 9 now but I can get an S9+ instead for $200 less and use that money to buy an Xbox/monster hunter combo and play with an old friend of mine.

Thoughts guys? Is the Note's features over the S9+ worth $200 and missing out on playing vidya with my bro?

used iphone 4

Is Resurrection Remix a good rom or should I stick with a (no longer maintained) LineageOS build?

Its not
Note 9 is just s9 with a pen

It isn't though, Samsung is. It's only a matter of time before Huawei overtakes apple too.

Attached: Smartphone-Shipment-CY-2-18.png (863x677, 41K)

Is the bigger screen, s pen and better battery life worth 200$ to you? If not, go with the s9p

I upgraded my Pocophone to MiUI10 but now I'm returning it - I reset to factory and wiped data but it still seems to be on MiUI10 (when it came with 9).

Ought I downgrade it, even though I don't know what exact version of MiUI9 it came with? I'd have figured the factory reset would actually reset to factory..

Attached: 1546187533954.png (700x400, 616K)

>samsung

Attached: ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.jpg (708x800, 64K)

what's a good phone to root? thinking about buying the Oneplus 6 but I might be overlooking something.

Almost 9 in 10 out of new smartphones sold are Android phones.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08-00-04-18-568_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x446, 91K)

No, things are much different than in the days of classic phones. Factory reset wipes the data and settings, but not the system and your old "factory" system was rewritten by MIUI 10. You could manually download the MIUI version you want and then flash it with Miflash utility, but check beforehand if anti-rollback protection applies to Poco, I don't know exactly how the things work for their newer models.
Solid choice, since the stock OS is pretty great.

Throw the old phone in the trash, then she'll have no choice but to learn

>I'm returning it
Why?

In this battery test the Mi9 SE actually does better than the RN7:
youtu.be/MPu_w0-G54Q

Still Poco

>Poco
poco is a piece of shit brick and it never was good apart from soc....

shill

If the store you bought it from accepts returns even if you've opened the box and used the phone, then I doubt it'll matter that it has received firmware updates in the time you've used it.

My camera stopped working, along with the LED flash, and I ordered another camera module just today.

Obviously tried flashing another rom to see if it was a software problem.

Do you think the new module may fix this issue?

What frightens me is that the LED is a separate module soldered in the motherboard, and it doesn't work either.

Attached: file.png (225x225, 55K)

Moto G7 is supposedly the best budget phone on the market right now and it's on sale for $200 at Best Buy at the moment. Specs on their page say it works with Verizon too.

>My camera stopped working, along with the LED flash, and I ordered another camera module just today.

Must say that my camera stopped working just when my phone fell in a path full of stones, which also broke my screen.

not that user but it all comes down to size: do you want a cheap phablet packed with specs or a pricier handy phone.

>Moto G7 is supposedly the best budget phone on the market right now
true, too bad about smol battery
and OIS only on the G7plus (crazy good camera)

Third world phoneposter. Got a J2 Prime DS. Barely use it for calling but having LTE as an option is fine.

A friend left me an LG Tribute HD...

Just installed monster hunter stories, galaxy on fire 2 hd and yugioh generations and it still has internal space...

The only problem is that is gsm locked but ive seen youtube videos how you can unlock it yourself. Has like zero dev so forget custom roms....

That j2 prime is on Genesys Ux (android 7 UI) but adb mode dies on that so i cannot int2ext from adb commands...

Should i keep the LG and use a wifi VoIP app ? I just wanna install "heavy" apps and games without internal space bothering

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-07-08-12-16.png (1280x720, 1.22M)

This video is the main reason why I was reluctant to declare it a clear winner in terms of battery. I think something was wrong with the Note 7 here to cause such mediocre performance, maybe software or connectivity issues. Sadly I haven't seen any other direct battery drain comparisons between the two to make a solid conclusion. Could be the 660 isn't efficient at all.

faceID is pretty shit on X, compared to XS

The specs it has at $300 is just unbeatable. And not just the SoC (though it it pretty much the cheapest phone available with the SD845). You've got 6GB RAM, UFS2.1 storage, a good quality LCD display, big 4000mah battery, headphone jack, expandable storage and FM radio (not even most flagships have that!), durable plastic build, amazing camera with GCam, USB-C with QC4.0 support etc.

Tell me a better phone for $300. You can't because it doesn't exist.

9se has no NA LTE bands and limited 3g

>tfw some slav gets his hands on the galaxy a40 days before it's release
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQzYNgycuqw

Attached: 1552135816395.jpg (564x804, 55K)

>Moto G7 is supposedly the best budget phone on the market
According to who? Android Police didn't rate it very highly:
androidpolice.com/2019/03/28/with-the-moto-g7-lenovo-finally-killed-the-g-series-magic/

Attached: 1553789997748.png (686x825, 86K)