Hackintosh thread

Do you use a hackintosh user?
>what is a hackintosh?
Basically, hackintosh is the practice of installing OS X/macOS on a non-apple computer. This is done through the use of a bootloader such as clover or chameleon and custom drivers (kexts - kernel extensions) for non-apple hardware.
>why use macOS?
If someone wants to use a unix-like machine but wants convenience, a nice looking UI, third party programs that are unavailable on Linux such as Microsoft office and Adobe, macOS could be a nice alternative.
>but I heard macOS sucks!
Not really, every OS sucks, but for different reasons. Personally, I think the only reasons holding macOS back are the following:
-lack of openGL 3.3+
-lack of Vulkan (which is being somewhat fixed by third party companies like valve who are working with implementing Vulkan api calls from metal 2 - Apple's equivalent of directX)
-awful default keyboard shortcuts (which can all be changed)
-lack of features on the file manager compared to linux (which can be easily fixed with XtraFinder)
Like always, Jow Forums will try to meme people into believing that the system sucks by bringing up old bugs and/or security issues that are already patched. Most issues are patched within 2days to a couple weeks. Sometimes, they'll even mention defects related to Mac machines which is irrelevant in the context of hackintosh.
>ok, how do I get started?
Search for "hackintosh vanilla guide", look up your hardware and feel free to ask ITT.

Attached: 35316267-b1750d34-009e-11e8-91dd-9c86493c8b84.png (1280x960, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

tekrevue.com/tip/uninstall-itunes/
github.com/corpnewt/Hackintosh-Guide/blob/master/SUMMARY.md
tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-rog-maximus-ix-hero-intel-i7-7700k-32gb-ram-evga-gtx-1070-sc2.226011/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, fuck your faggot manchildOS. This is now a non-gay thread.

Attached: 1537411646506.jpg (2048x1536, 789K)

Isn't this os proprietary botnet?

I currently use a 2011 mbp that I love but as things are not eternal I know some day it will leave me and die. Been thinking about its successor lately as it is starting to show some sign of decadence, and I realized that I will never be able to go back to windows anymore, last time I used it it was xp. Lately I made some projects with linux, some server shit and realized that it's not suitable for daily use so for my next PC I will definitely make an Hackintosh.
I only wonder: how is battery life?

>use Thinkpad X1C for all engineering work
>runs great
>get a panicked call from a friend with laptop troubles
>googling it, find out it only happens to braindead iToddlers
>friend gives me his MBP
>10 times heavier than X1C
>layout feels like shit
>takes 15 minutes to boot
>throttles like shit overall
>battery doesn't even work, have to plug it in wall
>get through bug as quickly as possible
>deliberately throw it in trash and dab on the macfaggot

Attached: 1537003797839.jpg (634x634, 55K)

btw iToddlers btfo

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 233K)

Also I will never buy another mac, I replaced ram and hdd on my little one and I'm mad about not being able to do it on the new models, which are fuckingly expensive now. Also, I don't know how long apple has to live, they are not doing so well ultimately

>If someone wants to use a unix-like machine but wants convenience, a nice looking UI
ubuntu

>third party programs that are unavailable on Linux such as Microsoft office and Adobe
wine

based

>Sometimes, they'll even mention defects related to Mac machines which is irrelevant in the context of hackintosh
Can you read? Oh yeah, I forgot, you're just a 12 year old who copy-pasted this from another thread with a almost entirely different context.
Battery life depends entirely on whether or not you can set up power management properly on your laptop of choice. And, of course, said laptop's own battery life.

These. Infinitely more stable and optimized than the flaming shitheap dumpsterfire that is fagOS.

installing a hackintosh rn. on windows i used k lite codec pack (mpc-hc with madvr) for my anime, can someone give me a good mpv config for my chinese cartoons because mpv out of the box is shit.

MACTODDLERS

B
T
F
O

Attached: 1528409882873.gif (500x491, 376K)

>ubuntu
Anything other than KDE has no thumbnails preview on the file picker, like any other linux distro, it has no proper third party support and basically, you're using a server-oriented system on a desktop/laptop machine.
>wine
The wine file picker has no thumbnail previews and it's even worse than most GTK-based ones on DEs such as gnome since it doesn't even include a small thumbnail on the right side. And don't even get me started on things such as setting up programs to make them work and gaming using wine which is basically a complete waste of time (heck, look at protondb - out of all games reported around 50% of them work)
I have a laptop from 2011 which runs macOS better than any Linux distribution with a decent desktop environment such as KDE, it even boots faster and locates files quicker on the file manager.
There are a ton of anime blogs with mpv configs, you can even use your config file on IINA which is a MPV fork, basically, it's MPV but 10x better.

>ubuntu
>a nice looking UI
And wine it's not really usable.

Anybody build a Hackintosh that uses external audio interfaces and daws?

>>ubuntu
>Anything other than KDE has no thumbnails preview on the file picker, like any other linux distro, it has no proper third party support and basically, you're using a server-oriented system on a desktop/laptop machine.
>>wine
>The wine file picker has no thumbnail previews and it's even worse than most GTK-based ones on DEs such as gnome since it doesn't even include a small thumbnail on the right side. And don't even get me started on things such as setting up programs to make them work and gaming using wine which is basically a complete waste of time (heck, look at protondb - out of all games reported around 50% of them work)
Imagine your entire argument riding on thumbnails and gaymes.

Clover is an android app.

Not him, but it's ridiculous that GNOME doesn't have a decent file picker.

>fagOS
>usable

Attached: 1540308445484.png (604x510, 79K)

It's even more ridiculous that Aqua doesn't have built-in window tiling features.

>infinite loop in swift
>somehow this is the OS fault

>macshit
Found your problem.

Yeah it basically is, considering swift was made by apple

Should work just fine, regarding audio, on hackintosh you'll either use AppleHDA (patched or not) or VoodooHDA. If I were you, I'd get a desktop/laptop that relies on AppleHDA rather than Voodoo. I'd recommend using a macOS compatible audio card or a firewire device.
Clover bootloader existed before Clover (the imgboard mobile app made by floens).
>Imagine your entire argument riding on thumbnails and gaymes.
My argument is about convenience, which Linux is deprived of.

>everything made by apple is the OS
Jow Forums is truly an amazing place.

>any apple thread regardless of OP becomes an apple hate thread
Never change Jow Forums.

Attached: 1546639993363.png (313x291, 184K)

>My argument is about convenience,
Yes, and your argument about convenience rides on thumbnails and gaymes. Pretty ridiculous when Aqua doesn't even have built-in window tiling.

is that way manchild

Attached: 1528941392299.png (400x1650, 367K)

>>everything made by apple is the OS
Yeah it basically is, considering that's the premise of their business model

Attached: baby-on-board.png (1408x1179, 1.09M)

This is inaccurate, if you take Appleshit products to /lgbt/ then they'll be like why are you trying to talk about technology on a fagboard, where are the pictures of cute boys in this thread, how irritating

Jow Forums always bashed on Apple, but what made it bad is that back then, they did it in a smart way - fry your iPhone lmao now, there's only children here posting a picture of Satania which has nothing to do with Apple or anything.
It does if you're not too stupid to click and hold the mouse over the maximize button. Or better yet, learn how to search the web for a fucking FREE program that does just that and even more things that many Linux window managers don't.
Apple doesn't obligate you to use swift for any application. Stop being retarded.

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

>It does if you're not too stupid to click and hold the mouse over the maximize button.
If an interface's window tiling functionality is hidden behind mouse gestures, it doesn't have window tiling functionality. Being able to use keyboard shortcuts for that shit is the entire point.
>Or better yet, learn how to search the web for a fucking FREE program that does just that and even more things that many Linux window managers don't.
Or better yet, learn how to search the web for a fucking FREE program that gives you thumbnails in Linux file pickers and even more things that Aqua doesn't have.
Or even better still, as long as we're comparing DEs, how about we stick to the DEs we're comparing and leave supplementary third-party software out of the equation.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 27K)

>If something is hidden, it doesn't exist!
By your logic there's no way to switch to tty mode on gnome, add/remove elements of the UI through the use of extensions/CSS editing because there's no such thing as a floating bubble or something on the desktop constantly telling you how to do it lol.
Your logic is so retarded I even chuckled a bit.
>FREE program that gives you thumbnails in Linux file pickers and even more things that Aqua doesn't have
Lmao, what relevant/useful feature exactly does Aqua not have that a Linux DE does? And by the way, why waste time on making it so opening the file picker on gnome or anything GTK based pulls up Kdialog when I can just use macOS? why waste time trying to find a solution for the same issue on wine when I can just run the programs natively on macOS?

>using fagOS

Attached: 1541891648673.jpg (750x600, 85K)

>for my next PC I will definitely make an Hackintosh.
If you're building PC, grab z370/z390 and recent amd gpu, it just works basically.
If you're thinking about laptop and you use touchpad a lot, don't do it, touchpad drivers suck.
If you will build on thinkpad then clit is fine.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-04-04 at 21.22.34.png (698x465, 95K)

see

>By your logic there's no way to switch to tty mode on gnome, add/remove elements of the UI through the use of extensions/CSS editing because there's no such thing as a floating bubble or something on the desktop constantly telling you how to do it lol.
All of this is not by my logic at all, since all of this can be done with keyboard shortcuts. I specifically said that if something is hidden BEHIND MOUSE GESTURES, then it may as well not be there.
>Lmao, what relevant/useful feature exactly does Aqua not have that a Linux DE does?
Tiling windows, for one thing.
>And by the way, why waste time on making it so opening the file picker on gnome or anything GTK based pulls up Kdialog when I can just use macOS? why waste time trying to find a solution for the same issue on wine when I can just run the programs natively on macOS?
Why would I waste time installing a window tiler on macOS when window tiling works fine on my distro?

My X1C6 still can't boot Mojave setup and all the guides online are shit.

My desktop is hackintosh though.

see

macos is bloated
and i don't mean bloat how Jow Forums classifies it, it actually feels like a grandma that's been using windows 10 for a year out of the box

grandmas don't come in boxes

Bloated with useful programs, unlike windows and some linux distros that include gnome "games".
All of which you can uninstall, but why am I even mentioning this? to this day Jow Forums thinks there's no way to uninstall iTunes, Safari and the like...
tekrevue.com/tip/uninstall-itunes/
And what's even more funny: just like Linux, it's only a terminal command away.
And what is stopping someone to LEARN how to use such features? if I were telling you how to use some keybind on a linux DE you'd be all excited and shitting yourself because that's how much of a Linus cocksucker you are.

>macfaggot
>calling someone else a cocksucker

Attached: 1524200662345.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

>And what is stopping someone to LEARN how to use such features?
It's not a matter of learning them, they're simply fundamentally too inconvenient to bother with when superior (i.e keyboard based) solutions are available on other platforms.

>kissless virgin GNU/Lincel thinks he's straight
lmao

Attached: 182743943.gif (349x199, 603K)

>keyboard solutions are available on other platforms
And macOS as well as long as you have at least 2 brain cells.
>superior
As if you never use the mouse at any point even on the most tryhard WMs linux has to offer. Are you going to pretend that you use some stupid shit like a clit near your keyboard? (which btw, sucks ass).
I mean, you do realize you can use keyboard-only on OS X right? lol, I guess not since you got linux stuck way up your ass.

>ifaggot thinks he's straight
LMAO

Attached: 1531300777918.png (630x996, 232K)

Attached: sataniaopendoor.png (1316x1316, 857K)

Attached: satania8.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

lmao, I own a Moto X retard

>As if you never use the mouse at any point even on the most tryhard WMs linux has to offer.
Of course I use it, in the very limited cases where it's more convenient than the keyboard. i.e clicking links in a webpage (scrolling and moving the mouse to the link is way more convenient than hitting tab a million times), gaming, and doing digital art. That's about all a mouse is good for.
>I mean, you do realize you can use keyboard-only on OS X right?
Not for quickly tiling windows without third party extensions you can't.

i have Sierra installed on a drive alongside linux but i had such a hard time getting the drivers set up right that i gave up. tried everything that came with multibeast or whatever that thing is called and couldn't get the graphics set up right, though i somehow got internet working. might give it another try, though i really have no clue what i'm doing

>without third party extensions you can't
Clueless. You can make your own tiling scripts with AppleScript. In fact, you can even use it to manage the whole UI.
>i really have no clue what i'm doing
Firstly, read: github.com/corpnewt/Hackintosh-Guide/blob/master/SUMMARY.md
From what you mentioned I guess you have a VIRTUAL MACHINE running Sierra on a linux host right? if you're using VMWare just pass through a 8GB+ USB drive in which you'll install Sierra to the linux guest and the rest should be pretty clear from that guide.

why use macos os for gay ppl
when you can install Linux?

>Clueless. You can make your own tiling scripts
In other words, third party extensions. The third party in this case being the user.
Your point?

>a VIRTUAL MACHINE running Sierra on a linux host right
no, i meant it's installed on the same drive as my linux install, with a bootloader and everything, it's not a VM.
a VM might be less of a hassle though, although I'd really like to see if i can get the actual install working first

>multibeast
don't support tonycuck tools. either do vanilla or give up.

>third party
You can EDIT AND MAKE your own scripts with Automator A TOOL THAT COMES WITH OS X. EVERYTHING THAT YOU NEED TO WORK WITH APPLESCRIPT IS ALREADY ON THE SYSTEM ITSELF
Holy shit you're dumb.
>inb4 "but you have to write it yourself waaah :((("
Just fucking copy and paste one that is already out there in some web forum or something, read it and see if there's anything wrong and use it.

>third party
your whole os is third party lol

Yeah but why go to all that trouble for a feature that my DE of choice already has.

>do vanilla
i don't know what you mean by this but I installed it with the retail ISO, it's not one of those modified shits. multibeast just seemed like the sensible thing to try since it's a convenient package of common drivers and it's what most people use from what i can tell. and for what it's worth it got my sound and ethernet working. if i could just fix the graphics i'd be g2g

What he means by vanilla is basically installing without using anything but clover/chameleon and kexts. So no unibeast/multibeast.

Read OP
>Search for "hackintosh vanilla guide"
Read how to do it properly, if it breaks you'll know how to fix it.

read

Go back to lenovo thinkpad advertisement thread, retard

Go back to manchild.

>kexts
that's all i used multibeast for though, i thought that was the whole point of it.
either way, none of the graphics drivers it provided anyway. where would you recommend i look?

>where would you recommend i look?
try

Give us some info on your hardware first so me and that other user may be able to help. What's important is your CPU, motherboard, GPU and to some extent, wireless adapter.

my specs are here

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero
Intel Core i7-7700K
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
don't have a wireless adapter

i appreciate any help

tonymacx86.com/threads/success-asus-rog-maximus-ix-hero-intel-i7-7700k-32gb-ram-evga-gtx-1070-sc2.226011/
970 Should also be doable with Nvidia web drivers, if anything, try some tweaks while installing clover (later today or tomorrow if the thread is still up I can give extra hints). Also, remember to use tonymac as a base for what you'll need in order to install macOS but avoid using tonymac 's tools.

see

Ranger

ok wtf. the manual that came with my motherboard says Maximus IX Hero but the UEFI screen itself says Maximus IX Apex. I don't know if there's a significant difference but hopefully it still works. if anything i'll just look on that forum, thanks in any case we'll see how it goes

try

>wants to install BSD
>installs the only homosexual BSD on the planet

Both Gnome and Plasma have file picker previews and both file pickers can be used for any application (including Wine and non GTK/Qt applications). Say thanks to xdg/freedekstop.

Gnomes previewer is sushi no clue about Plasmas.

>t.

Attached: 200[1].gif (366x200, 1.05M)

t.

Attached: 1554320658263.gif (700x243, 55K)

can you do me a favor and start using a tripcode too, you insecure faggot? I bet mommy's real proud of you.

imagine being OP