How did this thing come out and there's no reviews of it? There's not even any user reviews on newegg

how did this thing come out and there's no reviews of it? There's not even any user reviews on newegg.

Attached: Noctua-NH-U12A-CPU-Cooler.jpg (1935x1140, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pxcDeq4SQII
thermalright.com/product/true-copper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1.4kg
yikes

Review: just another fucking fan and some pipes

steve's probably just been busy

I have the old U12S, is this worth the upgrade or would I get similar performance by changing the fan to a NF-A12?

I saw a review by a small channel the other day

youtube.com/watch?v=pxcDeq4SQII

Basically it performs very close to the NH-D15 if you make the fans on both coolers spin at comparable noise levels

this technology has been suppressed by google for trademark infrindgement

I have those nfa 12x25 fans on my scythe fuma, and I'd put money on it keeping at least parity with an NH d15, the fans are excellent. That new heatsink does have other things in its favor over your u12, like much more surface area for fins and another heatpipe, but I would say much of the improvement comes from the fans. Unless you are operating at the ragged edge of your heatsink current capabilities, I doubt you would notice much difference beyond the noise level. But the noise levels are amazing.

There aren't any reviews because every case implodes due to the weight of the fan.

Review: Too ugly to buy. Bench your pride noctua and make a product in normal PC build colors.

The ironic think about air cooling towers is that you dont need fans to cool them. Mine run without fans on and I get just the same temps as if there were fans on them. those kind of towers are big enough to dissipate heat without necessitating fans

>1.4kg
>your motherboard gets cracked
>no RGB so techtubers don't feel the need to shill for it
>it only comes in brown and not even an all-black option so another reason for techtubers to ignore it

>stupidly expensive
>barely smaller than the D15s
>still uncompatible with some motherbaords

Who asked for this thing?

Your case must get extremely good airflow

the d15 is 1.32kg

thermaltake true copper is 1.9kg and it didn't crack a motherboard.

Attached: thermaltake.png (792x271, 18K)

thermalright.com/product/true-copper/

Question :TRUE Copper being so heavy, will it damage my motherboard?
Answer : We did an actual test in our lab with TRUE Copper installed on a system inside an upright tower case and ran for a week. The motherboard did not show any sign of ill condition. Even so, we do not recommend TRUE Copper be installed on a vertical platform and we do not recommend users moving about the case when TRUE copper is installed inside.

it weight less
U12A: 1220 g
D15: 1320 g

Shit fans. fans made of poo colored plastic. im betting the spinning sounds like a fart.
>turns on computer
>BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP
Computer fans for pajeets

>t. vanity obsessed loser
Nobody gives a shit about what your PC looks like inside.

Is the D9L decent in a SFF case with an intake/exhaust next to the CPU?

>Long term endurance testing is just 1 week
Hah, it's safe to say thermaltake doesn't have a single real engineer on their staff.

>he doesn't understand time acceleration
yikes

it's the inside that counts

>2kg heatsink

Attached: 05985760.gif (343x284, 933K)

Nikka if you wiggle the case up and down with it installed it simulates the entire lifetime in just a few weeks. They has been done on every component since forever ago.

No better than 212 with delta fans

>all that money for the same effectiveness as a 212 evo
no thanks

Nobody wants it because it's not RGB

Isn't this shit too heavy? why not just buy a watercooling system?

wrong
based

yes there is, 212 is actually pretty shit since it's no where near flat.

It was a good budget cooler 6 years ago, it's a meme today.

1. no
2. because they routinely leak and destroy all your shit.

>uncompatible

why are people so butthurt about the weight? It's less than the d15 it's replacing?

>t. saggy boardlet

Looks like any top performance cooler, nothing special

>thermaltake
dumbass zoomer niggers

how many 120mm coolers can dissipate 200W+ of heat?

Idiots don't understand the concept of a backplate because they use intel stock cooling. So they see the weight of these products on a spec sheet and flip their shit.

Anyone who needs this sort of cooling performance has a motherboard whose pcb is more than 4 layers thick and as such won't bend at all.

I saw a test where someone swapped the fans on the U12s and load temps were only 2° higher. So yeah, it's all about the new fans.

Noctua is a luxury brand, scythe offers comparable products for half price.

an overclocked 8700k brings the u12s to its knees.

Don't use shitty hot CPUs?

ok. Clearly a fucking fan isn't going to lower it from 100+ throttling to ~80 where a d15 would be.

I have one and it's overkill for my 2600x. Thinking of returning it.

Slap a delta fan on it. In that scenario anything that it can't cool can't be air cooled.

except the part where a d15 can cool it and this has the same performance as a d15?

D15 is great, but a U12 with push-pull 120x38mm deltas will blow it away.

i already tried push pull on it and it didn't do shit

You tried 120x38mm Deltas in push pull?

dude I'm not gunna make my system sound like a fucking jet engine.

>implying they're any louder at equivalent airflow to the measly flow regular fans have.

delta fans are the ones everyone bitches about for noise.

Who does?

why you need a review? are you expecting this to revolutionize air cooling or something? you stupid fucking faggot. it's probably the same as the last one give or take 5-10% in performance.

look at it

matching the highest end dual tower in a single 120mm is not a bad upgrade

>The ironic think about air cooling towers is that you dont need fans to cool them
Yes you do. It gets 90F+ here during Summer. There's no way my temps are going to stay below 40C in that condition.

Whilst this is a bit blunt, this is the truth of the matter.
Even the D15 didn't really get reviewed all that much since it really didn't bring anything to the table over the D14 - which did get many, many reviews - all on them overwhelmingly positive.
It's all just minor improvements and most people don't need to upgrade what they already have.

Corsair and co only manage to keep getting new reviews for the same old AIO watercoolers because of newer RGB shit and integration with cases. If noctua did some crappy RGB shit, they'd probably get reviews from the meme channels at least.

Otherwise it's just the same old, the fans aren't even particularly new, the blade geometry has been around for years Noctua jut didn't want to pay for licensing and waited until the patent expired to use it. The only real cool thing is the Sterrox material, but it's ugly on an aesthetic level and doesn't really bring enough to the table to warrant people upgrading existing fans - sure I'll be grabbing some of the new A12x25 fans if I need new fans in the future, but they don't bring enough to warrant upgrading my existing P12 PWMs...

That's pretty much the overarching theme here - it's a great cooler, better than the predecessors - but it's only really good if NEED to buy another cooler for a another machine - if you've got a D14 from 8 years ago - it's still good enough. No need to upgrade.

newegg

Attached: delta.png (705x140, 2K)

noctua meanwhile...

Attached: noctua.png (328x54, 2K)

>It's all just minor improvements
huh? It is priced the same as the highest end dual tower cooler at 99 dollars. It's pretty much in an entirely different segment of the market now than before.

These niggas don't understand ThermalRITE is one of the old gods of Aircooling.

not my fault they sound the same

because closed-loop watercoolers perform worse at low noise levels and cost more? Not to mention that their pumps are prone to fail, which renders the entire product useless for the average consumer who doesnt know how to solder a new pump in, refill and reseal the loop?

There is literally no reason to not use an air cooler unless your CPU consumes >250w or your case doesnt allow it.

Who buys this ugly crap
>212 for non OC chips
>Dark Rock 4/Pro for OC
Noctua is shit

It cools my 8700 just fine, I get 45-48 in load when I'm playing bidio games while my 1070ti goes up to 75-80 jej

faggot get pozzed
my card runs cooler by 5 degrees just by removing the front HDD cage on my HAF 912. I tested everything without fans and it runs like a total housefire
you must live somewhere with really cold ambient temps.

Hey guys lets save money by making our cpus last longer by buying new coolers when they come out even though we we will upgrade our cpu before any problems occur isnt that great guys lol

Closed loop AIO's lifetime is about 3 years, these aircooler will last forever and in case the fan fails you can easily replace it
Also good aircooler like nh-d15 beat any 240mm aio

i care because i actually care about how my room looks and want to use my pc as decoration.

if you are so worried about weight just fix it somewhere in the case with copper wires so that it doesn't sag or anything, I fixed it to the upper holes of my case where you are supposed to install an aio, it doesn't take a scientist

Attached: 712H2LkgoOL._SL1371_.jpg (1371x861, 167K)

>thermaltake
kill yourself

>get black box
>hide or blend with surroundings
You don't use your PC as the centerpiece do you?

Zoomers will never know the pleasure of trying to fit the IFX-14 and it's backside cooler in a standard ATX case.

Attached: backside cooler.jpg (800x600, 143K)

>You don't use your PC as the centerpiece do you?
of course he does

What do they mean vertical platform? The case or the mobo?

Are you the kind of nigga who'd have RGB LEDs in your asshole because it makes the insides look 'nicer'?

I still have that fucking thing, never used it. I didn't use my IFX-14 for that long either, I replaced it with a custom water loop and dropped like 20C in full load, it allowed me to push my i5 750 to 4GHz 24/7 at

Does that even work? Because I know metal displaces heat pretty well but that's a pretty far distance for heat to travel.

It's two long heat pipes. The reviews of it at the time did show some minor improvement in temps with it installed. You could also add an 80mm fan to it. Looking back now it was probably a placebo and the inconvenience of having to install it and fit it inside a case negated any of the small benefit it had.

Attached: ifx-10.jpg (702x353, 76K)