OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: SmartSelectImage_2019-04-08-06-00-41.png (1319x1664, 842K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Krissler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fingerprints are terrible for security
WOW WHO KNEW?

So, like every movie where the thief steals the fingerprints, makes a copy, and uses them to gain access is 100% true?

>since like fingerprint scanners have 1st existed

Attached: 1554002512993.jpg (900x997, 418K)

Biometrics are bad for security. Besides, they can suddenly change.

>andrew liptak

Attached: andrew_liptak.jpg (512x512, 33K)

>it took 13 minutes to print a fake
But realistically, how difficult is it to get the data to print the fake? Could you do it from a photo? From a fingerprint left on something? Do you need to do an expensive 3D scan of the target finger?

this is why we use long ass fucking passwords just why.

Dunno. Maybe get it off the stolen phone?

Literally a known fact for over a decade you absolute fucking consumer.
The CCC literally fooled a fingerprint sensor by recreating the fingerprint of the German Defence Minister using only a press photo fucking YEARS ago.

Attached: 1520973233531.jpg (202x249, 30K)

So be extra cautious next time someone is scanning my finger, ok got it.

>mfw I let art students near my work scan my thumb and index dozens of times because they said they wanted to make a fingerprint collage using only thumbs and indexes
>mfw there are no art schools in my area

Attached: Hammond.jpg (402x360, 14K)

Why is he squatting in the street without and shoes? Is this just a natural position for Californians? Is that why their streets are covered in shit?

Attached: 1532310042424.png (433x504, 61K)

He's channelling his inner Indian.

>might as well not have a lock on your front door
>someone could kick it in

If someone knows how to do this and has the equipment to, they don't care about your fucking phone

You can literally do this with a normal printer and a tube of silicon you can get in your nearest hardware store.

You can literally cut off someone's finger. Your point?

Everything is security theatre, this isn't new

Rather, why cant he squat like a normal person and put his whole foot down? Instead he's carefully balancing himself like a retarded cat

and? you will still need to get the fingerprint of the person, there's no way a company can prevent that, it's the same as if they pull a gun to your head and tell you to unlock and then suddenly it's the company's fault.

>Californians
He's Dutch.

Yeah, but why go through all that trouble just to get some shitty members and anime pics?

The point is that even a simple number code like some anniversary or some shit like 920034 is more secure than a fingerprint and this has been known for years.
And you can get a finger print by literally following the POI for a while and picking something up they touched. We leave fingerprints literally everywhere companies advertising this as secure are just liars and retarded consumers are eating it up like always. Is it the most convenient? Sure, but any other option is more secure than bio metrics.

Mythbusters did it before 3d printers caught on.
You don't even have to digitize it if you can grab your targets hand and shove their finger into a mold without smearing it.

I mean, that's not exactly easy but it is physically possible.

Why did you photoshop his feet?

You need a 2000$ 3d printer and 500$ worth of equipment to make that copy of your fingerprint

Noice!

Attached: image.jpg (220x147, 17K)

No
Undoubtedly the 13 minutes is actually closer to 1-2

what the fuck a real life hobbit

This

can't say I didn't see this coming
fingerprint scanners are placebo tier biometrics

The real purpose of this technology is not security, but to get your fingerprints into a database.

> If you obtain the key to a lock and make a copy of it, you can unlock that door.
> Exploits inherently present in fingerprint readers still exist in fingerprint readers.

EcksDEE Samsmug is BADDD LEL @ CHINKPH0N3

more like slav

You retards know fingerprint scanners don't actually scan your fucking fingerprint, right?
So all this talk of recreating the pattern from a photograph is absolutely idiotic.

It is just an optical illusion.

Attached: Loden Hikers.jpg (800x800, 550K)

What do they scan then? My foreskin?

Western spy detected. To the gulag you go. Only a poo in loo squats like that.

Are these the infamous highly functional brainlets?

>3d printing a fingerprint on a 1:1 scale is as succesful as knowing the owner's pin
WOW what a discovery batman!

I don't get it. Is the new S10 fingerprint reader at least more secure that the back side ones almost every phone has?

Pro tip: The only good security measure is a password. A literal fucking password. Everything else can be cracked easily, but a good enough password can take a fucking while get around.

At least it's not like a lot of dedicated fingerprint locks, where a damp rag gets you in if there's a valid residual fingerprint left on the pad.

The s10 fingerprint reader doesn't work 90% of the time anyways. Huge blunder considering it's the newest tech.

What the fuck. They had this technology working 95% of the time on the S7 Edge. What did they do to it?

It just doesn't read my fucking fingers. I've done multiples times over and over again from scratch and it doesn't work properly.

Haven't tried an S10 but the fingerprint reader in my S7 Edge just werks.

fingerprints are public domain
that's why the police can just take them, but need a warrant if they want your password

and people actually lock their phones that way
top fucking kek

Did you know you can fool a lock by making a casting of it's key?

HOLY SHIT BTFO

He's baiting, badly.
S10 here, it's close to 95% success for me and under a second

Same with face unlock

Fooled by Chinese

you should post how the guy did it

because surely everyone has a resin 3d printer on his house and telescopic lenses around just to take a fingerprint photo

Heels up high, western spy. Heels on the ground, comrade found.

Realistically, just grab owner's hand and then unlock it.

But really, what kind of data did he need to make the recreation? Because it's really only super troubling if he just dusted someone's prints fro msomething they touched. But fingerprint scanners have been easy to deceive for years.

I just printed out your thumb and have access to your entire PC now.
I wonder which folders I should upload to your mom.

>2000$ 3d printer and 500$ worth of equipment to make that copy of your fingerprint
sure but that is before supply chains and economies of scale get involved, a market probably already exists to send off a dusted fingerprint to be replicated in prosthetic form and sent back to you in under a month for $75-150 USD

Anyone here claiming that passwords are safer than fingerprints is clearly retarded and know nothing about computer security.

WOW NEXT YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME FACEUNLOCK IS NOT 100% SAFE???!?!!!?!!

So this is the power of Android. God I'm glad I dropped that pajeet tier shit.

Most people lock their phone to keep out friends and family, not actual bad actors.

This. I only started locking my phone with a pin or a pattern to keep it from unlocking while in my pocket and doing random shit.

There's one of two situations:
1) The bad actors already have your information.
2) If not, most people use shit passwords that are easily guessable or easily social engineered. It's more of a hassle to get a fingerprint than to get a password.

It's not that passwords are more insecure than fingerprints. It's that most passwords are insecure, while most fingerprints aren't. A good password is much more secure than a fingerprint, but 90% of passwords are not.

Most people think fingerprints are a secure way to hide shit. The people who know they're useless as a security measure but use it anyway because they don't care if someone can access their phone are a small minority.

Good passwords are impossible to use so they are essentially useless.

There's nothing wrong with using fingerprints if companies like Samsung would actually create a secure way to read them.
Android market is so competitive companies release half-tested products just to be first to market.

same thing

You only need a good password for your banking.

>a fingerprint reader reads a fingerprint
hmmm...

Attached: 1542966901843.jpg (425x425, 24K)

You can go to most public libraries or printer workshops and rent time with a 3D printer for like $10 tops. Or you could buy a knife for a dollar and hack the persons finger off if you want fast results and dont care about making a mess. Either way, the fingerprint is not secure and the limiting factor is knowledge of how insecure fingerprints are, not any costs associated with the hack.

>could buy a knife for a dollar and hack the persons finger off
or you could use that same knife to threaten that same person for his password or PIN

The safest biometric would probably be something like a sensor rubber chew toy or ball that you bite into, deep and all the way back to your molars. It recognizes you by your dental alignment as the first factor of authentication. The second factor should be some pattern you come come up with and use to stroke the ball with your wet tongue. This second factor is important as it prevents break in by someone who's simply got a hold of your dental records and copied your teeth (something which ultimately is still unlikely to happen outside of government agents accessing your dental records). The wet tongue pattern wont be easy to bypass as it would require knowledge of your preferred method when licking the underside and you can't get that from dental records. Finally, you could even implement an algorithm so the correct slurping or tongue play method changes day to day or even on an hourly basis - a third factor of authentication.

That should be enough for a safe biometric verification, but to wrap it all up nice and neat you could simply use the above to access the password prompt. Bam, perfect security.

Attached: header.jpg (750x525, 51K)

>threaten for the pin
>no fingers lost
+1 to password then.

That still requires cooperation. I could say no, and obviously you could kill me, but you're still not getting in. Fingerprints dont require cooperation. You could just cut my finger off whether I'm cooperating or not.

>and telescopic lenses around

So P30 Pro users.

Fingerprint-based security isn't meant to be the catch-all perfect secure access system, it's a fairly good balance of usability, speed and security. It's meant to prevent average people from accessing your phone when you're not in the room while giving you a quick and easy way of unlocking it.

If someone can steal your phone AND print your fingerprints then they probably have way enough ressources to hack into your privacy in the first place.

Stop spreading these retarded normie "news" you filthy fucking piece of trash.

>cut fingers till you say password
If someone is determined to cut a finger for a fingerprint, someone will be determined to cut a finger for a password.

oh no, now the man to whom I gave a clay imprint of my finger will be able to unlock my phone

Are you high? They sacrificed effectiveness for the meme of scanning through the screen,

You spared too much kindness

why are you like this

There are some CCC talks on defeating biometrics. High resolution picture is enough iirc. Getting fingerprints isn't difficult tbqh.

slav detected

>Krissler, along with Chaos Computer Club published the fingerprints of then Interior Secretary Wolfgang Schäuble as a means of protest as well as proof of concept. He shot traces of a glas used by Schäuble using a digital camera and tweaked it digitally.[2][3]

>He further refined the attack in 2014 when he reproduced Secretary of Defense Ursula von der Leyens fingerprint from a high resolution press photo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Krissler

Biometrics isn't secure against attached of modest sophistication. There are public table attacks on vene and iris scanning, liveness detection, .... Pretty much everything.

I've never claimed that fingerprints are particularly secure.
The point I'm really making is that on a personal level, you don't have much to worry about. It's unlikely a RANDOM person will manage to get your fingerprint, and 3D print it, and steal your phone.
If you are TARGETED then any biometric security won't be effective. But for most people the fact that it is possible for a 3D printed copy of your fingerprint to unlock your phone is basically irrelevant.

You're like one of those fags who think that privacy doesn't matter and that everybody should just use barely encrypted centralized messaging systems.

If what you are selling is *security* then why would you sell something that is *proven broken*?
You are lying to your customers.

How you feel about it aside, you have to admit its probably the only secure biometric method available. Combo dental record for identification and a controlled licking the underside of a shaft as you nibble down as your password and you have a simple but extremely powerful verification method.

.... Soooo after the pin will be required and the fingerprint will be useless?

Not quite.
All security measures have flaws. It's about choosing the correct security for the situation. It's unlikely you NEED to have NSA level access security for your cellphone. If you want to have it, be my guest. That's your choice. But if your biggest threat is a random person stealing your phone, or a "friend", child or someone else you know using your phone without permission, then there are other security levels that will work just as well, and be more convenient for you.
I'm certainly not saying everyone should just use swipe unlock. That'd be retarded.

Attached: 1554233852025.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>It's unlikely a RANDOM person will manage to get your fingerprint, and 3D print it, and steal your phone.
I stole your phone.
How will I ever get your fingerprints? If only I had an item you touched without gloves recently, alas, woe is me, I only have your phone...

I don't want to know how greasy your fingers are. But normal fingers don't leave fingerprints that easily that can also be replicated perfectly.

Epecially not on a phone that is often in a pocket or similar.

Good luck getting a decent print off that thing.

>Replica of your finger can actually be used to unlock you phone
amazing.

Some fingerprint scanners, like the ones used in iPhones, also sense heat such as expected from a living finger. It would also be possible to effectively check that there is blood flow, like some of the biometric sensors can do.

I like how you conveniently omitted the fact that they scrapped Touch ID.

Yeah, sure, for FaceID which they allege is more secure.
Though TouchID does still live on in a few devices.

Touch ID has been spoofed too
Retard

Door unlocked using 3D printed key

This might be a tinfoil fag thing to say ,but I doubt fingerprint thing was ever about security and more about collecting fingerprints in some database

Attached: 1453140463105.png (555x407, 13K)

Biometrics should be a login, not a password.

No difference