Thinkpad P1 Dual Boot

Just got a new Lenovo Thinkpad P1.
Have spent the whole day trying to dual boot linux alongside Windows 10. Every single time there is an issue with the linux os not responding or acting slow. What's up with that? Are there issues with Thinkpads and dual booting linux? I've tried Fedora 29, Debian 9, Ubuntu Mate, and Ubuntu. I'm getting irritated - I can easily dual boot on my old dell latitute, no problem. What's the deal with new thinkpads?

Attached: A0ZX_1_201809292104303701.jpg (640x480, 27K)

I hear the newer thinkpads have to update their bios to a certain version in order to properly boot GNU/Linux. Blame Lolnovo for bad QC.

Only an issue on shitty nu-pads. You made a mistake purchasing that piece of trash.

your opinion isn't helpful

I have a Lenovo 130 with an AMD and it does the same thing.

Any work arounds?

It's not an opinion, it's genuinely a bad machine for a number of reasons. You wouldn't have this problem on an older, likely comparable in performance, and much less costly machine.

Use Windows like a good goy.

Sandy bridge is getting old these days

Did you install Linux first before windows? Grub is friendlier than that locked in Windows shit. I'm dual booting windows and Gentoo here, works perfectly. No bios changes or anything like that needed.

Ivy is pretty comfy friend, even has overclocking room on T5XX series.

Attached: 2019-04-07--1554682261_650x310_scrot.png (650x310, 16K)

My W520 is stating to fall apart

Then buy replacement parts and install them. You own a Thinkpad dude, it's not a Walmart-tier Acer laptop.

Where can I get a new palmrest with holes for the colorimeter and fpreader that isn't low quality chinkshit?
Where can I get a compatible IPS screen for this thing?

Ebay for your first question.

No idea on that second question. Really easy to find for the T4XX series. Likely the same converter board would work with the T5XX, but I dunno where you'd find a compatible panel.

stop shilling you fucking piece of shit

>Ebay for your first question.
I'm not paying 100€ for a palmrest

Oof, you're from Eurostan... I'm afraid I can't help you with that predicament.

I'm dual booting Arch and Windows 10 on my X1 Carbon. It's not hard. Use OS-prober after installing Linux, assuming it came with Windows

It is pretty desu.

You have a professional business/workstation machine, and you want to force manbaby virgin OS in it. That's the problem.

I'm not sure about the P1, but the E485 and E585 has horrific issues with Linux. I have the latter and spent days over bunch of different distros getting it to work. An issue with the bios means you have to insert an ACPI command into the boot loader to get Linux to boot. There's a fix online for it but from my experience it only works on Ubuntu.