>talked to the guy
>only 23
>never went to college, just learned it from bootcamp
>good luck convincing the other 3 senpai
>interview panel meeting
>he's asking for 160k
>mfw everyone liked him
>mfw manager said he'll try to give a higher offer
why the fuck are front-end JS babies getting as much as a doctor Jow Forums, riddle me that

Attached: 1378425859743.png (1008x768, 893K)

Be happy with what you have

this is a larp or you live in san francisco, also doctors make more than that.

This guy is only 23 years old. You only become a "doctor" at age 30. By that time this guy would have 1m saved compared to the doctor being 300k in debt, and still be earning more annually.

Lol how does that even work? You can get front end webdev idiots for peanuts almost everywhere. He's worth what 60K? Your company is made up of idiots.

doctors earnings over lifetime will still be more. dev salaries going down, the number of doctors is literally regulated by a board that keeps an artificially low supply to keep wages high.

>great.sql
fag
>why the fuck are front-end JS
bicuse every time that hipster cunt doing something is visible and every tard can see an appreciate..
when you do something is
"ha the server is up good work"
"ha that mail is sent good job"

Dev salaries are only increasing. FAANG pays devs with 5 years of experience 400k. I suppose if you want to work 80 hours a year running your own practice you might be able to catch up eventually, but who the fuck would want to do that for 40 years.

>front-end
>bootcamp
>$160k
Either this is a larp or we're in web bubble 3.0.

Attached: 1214956340471.jpg (490x560, 39K)

I am in SF, I've been struggling to climb to the average of 150k for years,

Attached: 1451536347553.jpg (800x800, 151K)

Attached: correct.png (680x383, 302K)

>FAANG pays devs with 5 years of experience 400k
>Amazon paying engineers 400k
wha...

Neither of the A's are for Amazon.

>have foot fetish
>become podiatrist
>feels good man.jpg

Amazon has a pretty flat salary rate, your raises are primarily stock.

honestly the difference between 130k and 160k isn't going to do shit to your life
try 60k to 130k

>spent more than a year mastering JavaScript and React before React.js was really big
>could not find a job for the life of me, and moved into tech support
>working now as a Linux admin for 60k annually

if you're constantly comparing your success to other people, you'll never be happy because there will always be people better off than you. Be thankful for what you have and enjoy your own life

fpbp

Just learn javascript and take that nigga off. If he could fuck you in one year, you would fuck him with 6 years of experience a lot, and he would never be your boss/leader never. DON'T LET HIM PASS YOU OVER.

time to find another job user

Attached: 1523863748203.jpg (935x466, 52K)

FAANG stands for Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google. You trolling fuck.

>Facebook, Apple, Alphabet Not Google

Attached: 1452616536122.gif (500x500, 1.71M)

OP would be completely lost in frontend land. Server work is miles easier.

If the other three interviewers know what they are doing i.e the candidate can do the job, what is the problem? You think finding a good dev is easy?

a 23 year old college dropout that asks for 160 is either the next Steve Jobs or gonna have a Steve Jobs complex user - 0 chances that kid is mentally adjusted

I can fully agree that his asking salary might be too much. But OP is telling us nothing about whether or not the candidate can get the job done. If the candidate can get the job done, and if a 33-year-old asking for 160 is normal, then what is the problem?

>Based on your skills, I would hire you and pay you if you were 33, but since you are only 23, I won't.
?

oh it is son it is...
most of those ceo tards dosent know shit about nothing they just look on the GUI development and say calmlyi have so much luck to have such a talented developer...
Now what happens with thet server guy??!!!
it should be ready today!
I should have fired him two weeks ago...

Yeah, base pay is capped at under 200.

>be happy with life
>find out someone has a simmilar but somewhat better life
>suddenly be depressed
envy is a cardinal sin user

I think this is what happens to anyone who "makes it" user. I was happy when i got 75k annual as a firmware engineer, and ecstatic when I got to 125k as a manager. Last year I read about fem-hipsters in San Francisco complaining that they only make 200k while other nu-males make 225k as a software """engineer"" and I can't help but feel California should be nuked from orbit

sabotage his work
provide inconsistent json (maybe an extra closing " to throw off his parser) that breaks his application and blame it on him for never anticipating the backend might go into maintenance mode or your libraries might glitch out
you could even #metoo him if you're a girl
fuck front end devs, they're useless trash

You are a poorly made human being

you can't teach wisdom user. How many tech jobs or years in the workplace would this person have at 23?

>Last year I read about fem-hipsters in San Francisco complaining that they only make 200k while other nu-males make 225k as a software """engineer"" and I can't help but feel California should be nuked from orbit
Forget the wall to Mexico, we should build a wall around SF and make them wallow in their shithole of a city, so they can stop spreading to every single fucking nice place in the rest of the country like a goddamn infection, jacking up rent and property prices with the fucking millionaire Asian property investor locusts right on their heels.

Attached: 1457237423491.jpg (800x500, 118K)

I'm literally at ground zero of this - It's amazing how my neighborhood went from some well adjusted slavic and asian immigrants (like a bunch of russians/polish/filipino/koreans) who spoke english and are trying to integrate and into a bunch of chinks who you never see anymore.

That said, the first batch's kids became a bunch posers thinking they grew up in the ghetto, Its been pretty comfy since they moved out

Who cares dude

Peak happiness is reached at 75k/year, anything more just helps you retire faster, if you dont spend on dumb shit of course.

Not to keep wages high, retard. To keep competency high because they're fucking doctors. High wages are a side-effect of this, but it leads to overqualified doctors.

My fucking psychiatrist is doing math equations and considering 7 reflections to give me a fucking ritalin script, it's insane.