Why can't we have small smartphones that aren't cheap and shit? Sony are the only ones who even try...

Why can't we have small smartphones that aren't cheap and shit? Sony are the only ones who even try, and theirs are still a bit too big.

Attached: akrales_181008_3004_0152.0.jpg (2040x1360, 483K)

I just want a good phone with a slide out keyboard

>those nails

Attached: 23423423423444.png (376x449, 269K)

If only Sony Ericsson were still a thing.

Attached: xperia-ray-black-sideview-android-smartphone-940x529.png (940x529, 249K)

That's a man holding that phone, isn't it?

Attached: smug sides.png (419x420, 79K)

Because it's not practical. It's objectively harder to type on smaller screens. It's not that the phones have gotten so much bigger, it's that screen to body ratios have increased.

I've never noticed how weird The Verge's logo looks.

Attached: EducatedCorgi.jpg (1280x1707, 463K)

Attached: handlet.jpg (480x360, 15K)

There will never be another phone as beautiful as the XZ1 Compact.

I already gave up, going to use my Z5 compact for the rest of my life.
The XZ1c looks nice too but no lineageos is a dealbreaker, fuck having useless googleshit bloat

Attached: wsdfgf.png (238x301, 159K)

Sharp Aquos R2 Compact

lmao2notches

>it's that screen to body ratios have increased.
Then make smaller 5" phones. We've lived with them for years, we're already used to typing on them.
>It's objectively harder to type on smaller screens
How about these fucking kikes make slider hardware keyboards then? They're already making pop up cameras and screens so don't give me that bullshit "but muh reliability on moving parts" excuse

My $100 Nokia 5 is very slick and solid Alu, just like the first issue of iPad was.

Attached: images(30).jpg (713x430, 29K)

Alu is a meme, breaks even more ofthen than resin/plastic.
Rugged rubber is the way to go.
Source: I also own a nokia 5

i have blackberry priv, slide out keyboard but its really slow... not sure to reccoemtnd

just get a standalone smartwatch bro

This. I had an HTC MDA, then an HTC G1, then an OG Motorola Droid and all had fantastic sliding keyboards. The Droid was built like a tank too. That was the last device that I owned with no physical or hardware issues at any point during ownership.

Fxtec Pro 1 you double nigger

>Why can't we have small smartphones
>here 6" phone lmao

Xda forum shows unofficial lineage support just like lg v30, no idea why it's not officially supported

> unofficial lineage
usually means that some pajeet is compiling it on some old intel pentieum computer.

Because all the normie are buying phones as their main computing device. So the screens need to be bigger to accommodate Netflix binges, Instagram narcissism, and to more easily see how many likes your Virtue Signalling gets on Facebook.

what is the iphone se?

say what you will about iphone's history but android phones sub $400 are all ad infested garbage. hopefully by the time my SE dies there'll be a good android option (i still prefer android for a million reasons) but i ain't holding my breath.

>android phones sub $400 are all ad infested garbage
Try any Android One Xiaomi (A1, A2, A2 Lite). You seem very uninformed.

But the BlackBerry Passport exists

I'm in the same boat than OP.
I don't use my phone as my main computing device so I don't need a 6" screen.
plus i carry my phone in my pants pocket at work and all, i'd need something that fits in and doesn't weigh too much.

old iPhones were perfectly sized (4.5 - 4.7") it's a shame that no mainstream smartphones vendor sells compact phones anymore. I'm sure there would be a market for that.
for now i resorted to using a dumbphone with a decent camera but it's limited in its use.

you can compile yourself on your i9

>what is the iphone se?
>2016

>Sharp Aquos R2 Compact
>compact

Attached: VnReview.jpg (700x438, 68K)

I saw someone with an og iPhone recently and it actually looked exotic because of how small it was compared to other phones.

Attached: 68643E67-BB9B-4080-BF7D-5159E78B2E17.jpg (616x347, 21K)

this size wit 90% screen estate would be perfect

Basedes XS

Turn it sideways and you get the same keyboard width and height as a 6-inch shovel phone.

>what is the iphone se?
Ancient apple piece of shit wholely intended as a cheap model and not as a compact one.

58 GP ($0.88) has been added to your Gearbest account.

So why aren't the fabled whitesoi programmers doing it then? Too busy at "if it's Boeing i'm going (nose down)"? Seems to be supported quite well even if it's not official

I went through 2 Moto Droids over the course of 2 years that both had hardware failure issues and my friend's droid crapped out on him after about a year and a half. You just got lucky user.

How small do you want it to be?

Basedes XS

Attached: HTB1MZ3BaPDuK1RjSszdq6xGLpXaH.jpg (1000x666, 1.1M)

They are almost there, a couple of iterations and esim adoption and Ill do exactly that

Because when you get to a certain level of small, it's usability declines to the point where it might as well just be a feature phone.

This.

iphone se2

>2011 wee need bigger dumbphones.
>2019 we need smaller smartphones

yeezus christ this board is worst than a 50 year old bitch going through menopause.

Then why not a modern smartphone with full keyboard?
Imagine pic related with updated guts.

Attached: Samsung_Alias_2.jpg (600x600, 50K)

you forgot
>1998 we need smaller phones
>2005 we need bigger phones

Yeah, I just came to that keyboard engineering.

>seething curry

What the fuck is Basedes

Wow what an utterly original reply. Why don't you try answering my poiny? You can't.

Phones, mice and other hand devices should be available in an industry defined set of sizes, like we have for clothing.
Prove me wrong.

Attached: img.jpg (591x299, 117K)

TWO
TWO NOTCHES

It's a great idea but just not feasible with current manufacturing

Fun fact: You can now have a Palm with a stand alone number. No longer have to tether it to another smart phone. Get the mophie case though. They only last like 3 hours on their own steam.

Attached: 1485740032536.png (2300x2014, 2.65M)

This.

Check'd

Attached: yeeeeeeaa.jpg (400x400, 68K)

It might not be a thing after all.

That's why I still use S4 mini.

>small screen
>weak battery
>fragile frame