So why again do you hate on JS? Is it because you feel inferior to successfull webdevs around the world...

So why again do you hate on JS? Is it because you feel inferior to successfull webdevs around the world, while you struggle to find intern job?
Is it because you feel too weak to master it, so you pick some obscure language to feel better about yourself?
Is it because it's an unpopular opinion, and it is cool, hip, and edgy to have one nowadays?
Does it all boil down to you being neet manchildren living with mom, not being able to cope with other peoples success, getting reality check showing your not so special and smart, altough ugly virgin?

Attached: download.png (1226x842, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JEpY9C49sqU
youtube.com/watch?v=et8xNAc2ic8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because its shit

Attached: 1544167397003.jpg (384x384, 29K)

youtu.be/JEpY9C49sqU

pic related is TypeScript though

>let

its not that javascript is bad. its that developers are incompetent.
everyone who has gone through a one week codecamp fancies themselves a javascript "engineer". this is reflected in npm for example. holy fuck npm packages are the worst written pieces of garbage in that ever exist.

Attached: consider the following.png (940x1290, 1.29M)

yeah imagine giving variables scope lol!

.then
.then
.then
.then
.then
.then
.then

The worst part about javascript is the community.

Attached: meme.png (1155x395, 77K)

Because I have to use it a lot, and when I do I find it lets a lot of mistakes through that even C++ would catch, let alone a modern properly safe language like Crystal. TypeScript is better but still not great.

I hate languages where == is not transitive

performance is shit. that alone makes it bad language.

I can accept any language with C like syntax, but why the fuck is ; optional? It really doesn't make any sense.

typescript running natively in browser when?
i mean most browsers actually support es6 by now and you dont actually have to transpile down into something older but still i want them types.

const is to be used if the variable requires to reassignment

so nothing about JS particularly

use === if you don't want type coercion retardo

JS is the fastest JIT compiled scripting language, performance is not shit at all

why would it have to be needed anyway?
stop acting like grammar nazi special snowflake, it was not needed and it's a good thing it's gone

>It's the fastest of the slow languages

The standards committee is actively discouraging the reliance on ASI, because reliance on it does introduce an inconsistent coding style and it will make adapting to new language features where semicolons are mandatory introduce even more inconsistencies in codebases relying on ASI

Use async/await you brainlet

>quack quack quack quack quack

It's honestly new era pajeet tier desu

I started using JS recently and it’s great. Syntax familiar to c languages and java makes it comfy.

Made me question why python even exists. They’re both interpreted languages, yes? Both used for scripting ? I’d rather use JS for any application that python would be. But I know the use case is a little different between them.

Every relevant runtime environment is a JIT engine for JS, so not not really interpreted, but then again Python also has better engines than Cython, JS syntax is more verbose and less likely to appeal to the brainlets when compared to python, JS also only introduced builtin arbitrary width integer type last year, so scientific shit used to be cumbersume with having to juggle with a library solution

quack?

Attached: quack.jpg (212x238, 8K)

So, wrapping it up we come to a conclusion that people who shit on JS are clueless NPCs

>JS is JIT compiled
So browsers ship with built in compilers now lmap

>two nulls

Attached: scum.jpg (1280x720, 435K)

>dynamic typing
>weak typing
I guess this was fine when JS was the thing used to make a button spin or whatever, but now it's just inadequate.

I hate on JS because of the spectacular ability of promises to randomly act any way other than what the spec says, because of the various shenanigans that js developers and browsers choose to get up to.

>move commas to the start of the next line

What in the flip-flying fuck is wrong with JS devs?

technically speaking he isnt wrong. most javascript engines nowadays actually do just in time compilation of javascript. v8, the engine chromium uses actually achieves incredible speeds with some form of ahead of time compilation.

this solution is 3 times faster! click here to find out why developers hate it!

you can't be this stupid

>JS is the fastest JIT compiled scripting language
Is this what you zoomers really believe? LuaJIT beats v8 in pretty much every benchmark _and_ isn't a messy pos.

>LuaJIT beats v8 in pretty much every benchmark _and_ isn't a messy pos.
fucking this

fpbp

>Does it all boil down to you being neet manchildren living with mom, not being able to cope with other peoples success, getting reality check showing your not so special and smart, altough ugly virgin?
yes OP. this is exactly why I hate JavaScript. I use Arch btw

>that = this
> =>
>.bind()
All kind of do the same thing but not exactly. Same with lots of other things in JS like the new classes. There are too many redundant ways to do "kind of" the same thing. Like object property names that can be defined as strings or regular variable names and it's mostly the same but not exactly.

there's literally nothing wrong with chaining promises, it's the most sane way to make an async chain.

>LuaJIT isn't a mess

Attached: 1553949352269.jpg (248x274, 37K)

>the engine chromium uses actually achieves incredible speeds
in synthetic tests. it is much worse in real world scenarios.
web apps are essential part of everyday life. it's unnaceptable that they are written on such slow and resource intensive language compared to other languages like c++

learn how to arrow function bro. if you have one line you shouldn't use
(x) => { return x + 1; }

this works just as well
x => x + 1

sumFPChain = meetups.filter(m => m.isActive)
.map(m => m.members - (0.1 * m.members))
.reduce((acc, m) => acc + m, 0)

i've never known anyone beyond an entry level developer seriously writing javascript. You would move on prettty quick if you had any talent

facts, I'm already on php

Attached: 1553556859057.png (500x357, 229K)

What the fuck is the point of using functional methods if you're going to make the data mutable? 0/10 code - people hate js because idiots make shit code like OPs example.

How the fuck are you going to write a webapp in sepples lad?

What does immutability even have to do with higher order functions to begin with?

Do you enjoy typing semicolons for nothing?

I'm learning it for my job.

ASI works perfectly fine in absolutely every single case except ONE, where a line starts with a parentheses or bracket. Literally what features are they planning that break ASI? Omitting semicolons isn't inconsistent at all except for in that single case.

The language was originally intended to be a Lisp. But Netscape wanted to be more like Java, so one guy redesigned the language in a week and shoved it into Navigator. It was intended to be a toy language for adding simple scripts to pages, so a lot of corners were cut and not much thought was given to things like semi colons, var scope, or having integers. They didn’t anticipate it would become the most used programming language in the world.

he is an idiot, function composition is an useful idea even if it's best served by pure functions

But all those functions are pure. Every single one of those calls returns a new list entirely.

what's not to hate
> doesn't know what paradigm it is, so it tries to be all and fails miserably
> syntax looks life fucking garbage, even with () => {...
> a whole lot of frameworks, barely improves anything
> typing is dynamic garbage, leads to constant logical errors that are hidden from the programmer
> typing system is such fucking garbage that they had to add an extra '=' to the == operator just so that the JIT knows for a fucking fact that YES, YOU DO IN FACT WANT TO COMPARE THE FUCKING TYPE
> doesn't throw an error unless it crashes, tries to be the programmers sub and ends up becoming a bitch instead
fuck this language. fuck weblangs in general

t. javascript slave

those array operations are not lazy

you're the retard here, please explain how the original data is changed

Dafuq is even the point of this code? I know that it’s calculating 90% of the sum of all people in active meetups, but why?

wahts the font my dude?

fpbp and /thread

Font and editor? thats comfy.

WebAssembly

>So why again do you hate on JS?
I don't. It's one of the greatest things to happen to the industry in a long time. If you work in software development, and your job has nothing to do with Javascript, your chances of having useless retard coworkers has been rapidly declining for years because all of the useless retards have gravitated to it. These make their own Javascript-based versions and implementations of non-shit languages, which keeps them neatly separated from everyone else.
It is the ultimate honeypot because it's designed for retards: it's inconsistent and mindlessly overengineered, yet somehow runs fast as hell to compensate for inefficient design choices and can be mindlessly cobbled together until it runs, even if the resulting code seems vaguely nonsensical. You can write valid JS programs while being too stupid to make anything more complex than hello world in anything else (except maybe PHP, which isn't hip and kewl and being phased out in favor of backend languages that aren't comically bad).
Even finding useful desktop programs has become easier, because the developers that aren't retards have ignored Electron.

Attached: so good.png (552x537, 53K)

doesn't matter, readability is vastly more significant. if you're writing performance critical code you should be using for loops instead.

Because it's misused and overused

Because is bloat for showing ads

you're right about lua being faster but
>isn't a messy pos
lmao

php is so much worse than js
there are some talented people doing frontend/fullstack stuff they're just rare among a sea of idiots

Dunce of the day

Attached: untitled45.jpg (320x246, 14K)

Surely it's a lambda function with arrow syntax

The entire Jow Forums hate for JavaScript is summed up on this.
user hates JS on something they don't understand and have incorrect information about.
In all my years working in JS, I have never encountered Promises acting randomly. You have to be using very new features to find differences among browsers, otherwise the 99% of practical work is consistent across all major browsers.
Also, typed languages have a place, and I'm glad it's not in the browsers, due to the various types of media.

Y'all Java and C nerds stay stuck thinking about types while you code. I'll continue thinking about end goal solutions.

>t. chromosome thiefs that didn't pass graduate compilers class
for troglodytes, clever solutions and mess look like the same thing

Attached: dw4dq7xi6yk21.png (1082x1388, 816K)

>trying to learn RxJS

Attached: pepe_shotgun.jpg (709x765, 72K)

>no argument

this. The retarded devs are what really made me stay away from frontend webdev and node, and also made me understand why their pay is lower

>user hates JS on something they don't understand and have incorrect information about.
so much this, 99% of Jow Forums is just crossboarding retards who have no business here at all

Attached: 1520068266932.jpg (700x643, 63K)

>there are some talented people doing frontend/fullstack stuff they're just rare among a sea of idiots

they are all miserable. seriously, I have never seen a happy JS coder, it just looks like they come home and cry in the pillow before they fall asleep.

Its because if you weren't so busy tonguing each others buttholes maybe you wouldn't be so incompetent.

Attached: [Image - 95532] _ Serious Cat _ Know Your Meme.jpg (400x354, 31K)

How do you figure?

why
>members - 0.1 * members
instead of
>0.9 * members

>imagine being such a brainlet motherfucker that you use let and auto instead of correctly declaring the variable types

Attached: 1551601715792.jpg (600x560, 68K)

i mean this shit is pretty frustrating:
youtube.com/watch?v=et8xNAc2ic8

and the fact that JS isn't really usable without writing another language (typescript, ES6) to abstract out all the insanity is also shit.

and yes the npm culture is kind of insane, though i have to respect them for sticking to their guns about dependency resolution. people are waking up to see global dependency version locking (see ruby with the Gemfile) is a pain in the ass. each of your JS dependencies pulls its own dependencies. sure it wastes space but space is cheap these days.

performance isn't shit compared to the other web languages

So same as you? You claim luajit is a pos codebase. So show some examples that demonstrate how it is as bad (or worse) as v8.
As far as i'm concerned, it's a pretty standard codebase. Certainly nothing as shitty as v8, though that might be because C naturally leads you to simple designs, while C++ leaves plenty of space to abuse its flavour-of-the-month feature.

No it isn't. Dumb fuck. Do you see any types being defined?

I hate it because I'm stuck with it. When I applied for my job the interviewer said I would be working in C/C++ and C# but no. I take over a project from some hipster fucker that uses nodejs and angular.

Have you played CrossCode? I'm not so sure about that anymore.

I'd say the worst parts about JavaScript are that, in favor of performance, it sacrifices strong typing, leading to absolutely awful semantic interpretation.

But idiomatic JS that leans towards its functional almost-Lisp roots looks really nice.

Because it has the absolute worst type system ever?

Its a single threaded event loop that requires a heavy engine to run.

async function a() {
try { await whiteGenocide }
catch (jews) { if (jews) throw in owen }}
async function a() {
async function a() {
async function a() {
async function a() {

>this works just as well
oop crossovers will more easily read the former
bc they have to clean up garbage code and deal with the smuggest cunts that dont understand shit about how a computer works

Literally baby duck syndrome

mfw I find out JS doesn't have integers... at all.
All numbers in JS are doubles. What the fuck?

if you want a whole number u have to add even more computation by using Math.floor()

Besides the fact 0 is false and any positive number is true and this goes for arrays also....
Beyond that I have never found dynamic/weak types being a useful language feature.

why write 10 lines when you can write 1 python line?
print(.9*sum(m.members for m in meetups if m.isActive))

>So why again do you hate on JS?
I fucking love JS. It has its warts though. But that's what you get when you design and implement a language in 1 week.

That said, the DOM is a thing of hate.

V8 transpiles JS to C++, compiles that and runs it.
Whatever *Monkey Firefox uses now or used to have did that as well but transpiling to C.

i don't really care if it's used for web development but that cancer of a language is spreading to desktop, too.

holy shit nigga I've never seen a more retarded answer in my life.

Literally how it works though

This is both shorter and clearer as to what your intentions are.

Attached: snippet.png (649x211, 35K)