Fork in the microwave

I accidentally left a metal fork in the microwave. One end was in a tin of mac and cheese. It DIDN'T make any sparks or weird sounds. Why is that? Is the macaroni safe to eat?

Attached: file.png (900x900, 120K)

What you need to do is turn the microwave back on, and punch out the glass. That should open up a time wormhole

Thanks, I will consider time travel after eating lunch

It really depends on the material and the shape, in case of the fork it's usually the tines which cause sparks

huh, it was indeed the tines that were inside the pasta

The macaroni is probably safe.
DO NOT EAT THE FORK!

This. My sister died incredibly fast.

Yeah otherwise this would have probably been a different kind of thread.
In case of aluminum foil, a plain sheet of it has less chances to cause sparks than a sheet which was crumbled and then stretched back: in that case it's the microscopic creases in the material.

This. Sharp corners and edges usually throw sparks, but rounded stuff usually doesn't.

Attached: Reheating foods.webm (640x360, 2.68M)

Still I wouldn't put a round ball of thin aluminum in as a test.
While the shape does a lot, so does the thickness of the material: if the metal is very thin, current flowing into it from the magnetic field can break it.
Creases only help causing sparks in this process but a relatively flat surface might cause them too

Why does he have a carpet on the wall?

Russian or Balkan

>so does the thickness of the material:

Yeah, I remembered that 2 seconds after posting.

am i super retarded or does this look like a fucking great way to reheat a sandwich?

Put 2 grapes right next to each other on a plate then microwave it.

There are cheap hotdog cookers out there that work the same way.

Maybe he's sitting on the wall and the carpet is on the ground, didn't consider that, huh? Brainlet.

Attached: 1554233852025.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

Alloy

notOP but I do wonder how good these sort of things are. I do eat a fair amount of hotdogs.

Attached: 813h9TGSPHL._SL1500_.jpg (1404x1500, 170K)

One would only hope it has a grease trap