Gimmie the rundown on this OS

Gimmie the rundown on this OS

Attached: Windows-10-Logo.jpg (464x261, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

winprivacy.de/english-home/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bloatware/adware/spyware/botnet

Trash

It's better than any windows that came before it.
>inb4 boomer tells me otherwise

Best for gayming

fucking garbage but the least shitty os on the market

Not as bad as people sperg on about but I split my time between Windows and trying out and toying with Linux distros.

I'm still just using 7

this is coming from an user who recently dual booted Arch via a laptop with Windows 10 preinstalled
>Bloatware from companies who may and sometimes may not have anything to do with your system at all; some can't be uninstalled
>Ads in Shitty start menu, can be deleted alongside SOME preinstalled apps
>updates every fucking other week
>not a lot of cusomization options compared to Linux distro's
>microsoft usually has to warn people after updates are issued to switch back to the previous update or not update at all due to problems they somehow saw coming and just let it slide
>updates eventually brute-force their way into being installed if you ignore it long enough

but
>it has all the games, mainstream software priority and third party software can fix some of the issues stated above.
Just dualboot it if you really want to try it out, I have some qualms here and there but it feels good to have both OSs to use in such an easy way
what makes you say that?

Attached: 1551661398979.jpg (3000x1500, 740K)

It just werks™

Need this info as well.
Still scared about the botbet and currently on 7.

My board and chip is compatible. Should I mae the jump?

>currently on 7
be warned that there are some issues when upgrading from 7 to 10 (as I think you've heard already). Hell, there were even problems with Windows 8.1-10 upgrades that people really didn't expect to occur. I would reccomend you back up all your important shit first

>Ads in start menu
This alone should be enough to boycott anything Microsoft but unfortunately it's a standard now everywhere. Fucking kikes

Attached: 922.png (374x667, 547K)

Too much telemetry. Websites collect enough information about me, I at least want the files on my system to not be crawled by some faggot.

yeah it's total fucking bullshit, but at least they can be removed easily. When I first got this laptop in December I had to uninstall candy-crush saga and some other shit bloatware that fucked with my speakers. they try and do it in a subtle way like in pic related, but its so fucking obvious to anyone that has half a brain. First things first if you do install Windows 10 is to get Classic Shell, which can make your startmenu more similar to previous windows versions (8.1, 7, 95, etc).

complete trash in comparison to 7
dont bother

So bad sounding that after 7 I'm going to linux.

Proprietary {ad,spy}ware trash.

Attached: out.webm (480x270, 1.32M)

I'm not ever touching 10 unless i'm being physically forced to

fucking hell I did it twice
here is pic related goddamn
you should switch to linux, I like Arch/mint a lot. If you want to upgrade, make sure you back up and if you aren't a drivelet you should have plenty of space to partition your SSD/HD

Attached: -1.jpg (739x653, 41K)

another example. Shit like whatever app this is, and Candy Crush saga for me appeared like such. I don't like the apple approach Microsoft is tight-roping on

Attached: -1.png (848x519, 1.26M)

It's the most advanced OS to ever exist. Some would say it's the Mona Lisa of operating systems. Beautiful. Timeless. Many make attempts to steal or replicate Windows 10, but God is on Windows' side.

that would be XP/95/7, not Windows 10.
this new OS seems more sterilized than the others.

One word : LTSC

>LTSC
I completely forgot about that to be honest. Does LTSC have any of the problems with ads or updates like I mentioned?

No ads and security updates only

whoa that's pretty based. Yeah than for anyone I would reccomend LTSC rather than its more mainstream counterpart.

This is the best version of w10, it just works and don't bother you with useless shit

noted and thank you

shit tier spyware by an immoral corporation who's only objective is to make as much money as possible, stay far away from it

get a copy of Linux, preferably without systemd, but if you must then go with debian

>all the shit of Windows 10 but it remains bonked for three years at a time
Get FUCKED with your shit. No version of Windows 10 is tolerable.

the best, there's a reason its industry standart

>tfw the owner killed him

based

ltsc is still spyware

Yeah I know about stuff like LTSC, but some of the deep integrated issues still remain. You can never get rid of all of it completely because they baked it so much into the code.

Still better than Loonix

its shit.

It's unironically good.

I have used linux for 4+ years as a neet and then went to university. They obviously required us to use windows only applications for some classes. So I've been using windows a bit after a long time of linux, and I must say windows 10 is quite good.

The fact there's bullshit in the start menu when you first install is irrelevant, it takes a few seconds to delete it. Also, windows 7 is ancient garbage at this point.

cope

based

Shit. Use LTSC.

Attached: 1554300214243.png (150x150, 30K)

It has software.

Faster than any Unix by design: Single syscalls are much more configurable, so instead of requiring dozens of syscalls to do one thing, you only need one, so you need less context switches, thus yielding MUCH better performance.

NTFS is retarded. It needs defrag because it was made by retards. Every single thing about Windows is retarded.

Redpilled

Also if you can't be arsed to edit the iso before installing, just two scripts run during and just after the installation removes everything not needed. It's perfect.

Attached: chrome_b7C87IZv8P.png (762x640, 30K)

PROS:
-fast
-allegedly good looking
-decent built-in antivirus
-some nice features that weren't built-in before (e-mail agent, blue light filter, etc)
CONS:
-partially opt-out spying
-opt-out ads
-lack of customization when compared to previous versions
-MS store, AKA google play but with even more shitware
-constantly bullies you into using MS software instead of whatever you like (media players, documents, web browser, etc)
WHATEVS:
-by far the worst RAM-raping OS ever made, but as long as it makes it faster, whatever. It also adapts if you have 6GB or less, automatically disabling/moving to swap non-vital processes.

How to get LTSC for gratis?
Don’t want to give M$ any sheckles when businesses can do it for me.

It turns out "You can turn all that shit off!" wasn't just a meme
winprivacy.de/english-home/
With this it's basically Windows 7 with some questionable design decisions but compatibility with more modern games until Master Chief Collection releases DX12

Attached: 1467700059313.jpg (607x490, 56K)

Just use LTSC. It's literally less bloated and includes actual options to turn off carious telementery than even Windows 7.

if you wanna be a pirate, sure
if you acquire a legit Windows 10 version on the other hand, you're all set as long as you install W10Privacy
It won't take more than half an hour to get it all done; LTSC doesn't offer anything that you can't get through this

>muh botnet
>Here let me install some malware infested software that would make me a part of some random person on the internet botnet.

>LTSC
Long-term Spyware Cancer

it's closed source so that Microsoft can't wall it out
anyway, you have to be aware what you're gonna use the OS for. I plan to dual-boot GNU/Linux but with this I'm much less concerned about casual activity on Windows 10.

Windows 10 is mandatory because you need it to run Excel for which there are no alternatives.
>inb4 Libreoffice Calc, Google Sheets, etc. Those programs suck for anything beyond very simple spreadsheet work.

W7

Windows 7 support will end which is a no go for professional business use

so then what you meant to say was "will be mandatory"
and btw, enterprise support will continue

Compared to Win 7 it's shit.

>and btw, enterprise support will continue
That's going to expire eventually just like for XP. It will be more cost effective to upgrade to Windows 10 which means customers are effectively locked in if they want to keep running MS Office.

So? It's still good.

Disregarding everything on the technical side, it's a goddamn ugly OS. Go open the settings menu and tell me it looks like anything more than a placeholder asset. Or look at the top bar of any window, who the hell decided distinct buttons are bad and we should just have a white bar? And the fucking start menu, this thing is literally made of parts of my old Lumia. Yes I'm frustrated because I have to stare at it 8 hours a day.

Okay man you win. My point is that all other spreadsheets suck in comparison to Excel and you need Windows to run Excel. And to minimize support hassles, most companies that rely heavily on Excel will opt for a modern release of Windows to run the latest versions of Office.
>inb4 use Wine on Linux to run MS Office. That's buggy as hell and no way suitable for production work.

It's called "early adoption", mr. businessman
Didn't the industry teach you to avoid that when it came to tech?
Or did you not realize that to the very end and to this day, business settled on XP refused to upgrade?

it's also illegal, in'nit?

Windows NT 4 and Windows 2000 were early adoption. Windows XP which arrived later was a mature product for its time and made sense for widescale adoption. Windows XP has very little market share anymore. Windows 10 is the Windows XP of this age and it makes sense for businesses to upgrade as many are now doing.

Why would running Office on Wine/Linux be illegal as long as you have a licensed copy of Office? Is it prohibited in the license agreement?

So what OS are you using user ? If Loonix, don't post please, nobody care about your unusable arch + i3.

Attached: 1544102370187.png (814x806, 15K)

based, but I still have to doubleboot sometimes for games. Proton is nice but games run far worse most of the time

thanks dad

not bad at all if you circumvent the normie cancer with LTSB/LTSC

it has software that allows you to actually get things done in the real world

best windows

That's why Microsoft is the most valuable company on earth though sometimes Apple has a higher market cap.

Fucking garbage.

>professional business
nigga there are call centers and banks still running xp on their shit, to hell with your bullshit

What's even added in newer excel? or any Office?
Still using 2007 here

Windows has come a long way since XP.

Attached: 1552651994169.png (739x415, 17K)

It ism't that hard you fucking mong check GItHub

Power Query, Power Pivot, Data Model, Dynamic Arrays, Spill Ranges, etc. LibreOffice Calc cannot even compete.

>LTSC doesn't offer anything that you can't get through this
How wrong you are.