Terry the King

There is too much negativity in this world. Let us just start a respectful thread about the greatest programmer that ever lived.

Attached: 1554643943147.png (1280x1280, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF3151/index-eng.html
github.com/awesomekling/serenity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

maybe that's because the man himself was one of the most negative people ever you fucking retard

Rip

He was against the nigger cattle feed lot until the bitter end

/thread

Attached: train-engine-1485071239.jpg (600x350, 99K)

smartest programmer that ever lived
we need to study his example and destroy the niggerlicious bloatware that is modern technology. also linux users are deluded.

The only people who say this are people who don't program.

Terry is an inspiration for the OS I’m building. He was totally right about programming not being fun and straightforward anymore

Rumors say he was actually killed by the glow in the dark

Attached: meinthemorning.jpg (700x628, 54K)

Nigger detected

why? because he was against niggers like you?

Was he actually any good or is it just a meme?

He developed an OS by himself, you tell me.

I wonder how the guys who gave him the drumkit feel

Attached: 1529689652714.jpg (492x726, 74K)

Third-year CS students do this.

he is the origin/inspiration of the term "glownigger", and for that he deserves our appreciation.

terry said this all the time, stay bitter fizzbuzzer

No they don’t. You’re considered “smart” to be a third year and even take an OS course- and that’s just going over basics of Operating Systems.
t. Studied CS at a top tier university
Pic related: meme book we used.

Attached: D4F2D945-F75B-4D24-A8FE-FB751F9217C2.jpg (350x499, 29K)

>No they don’t.
Yeah, they do.

uio.no/studier/emner/matnat/ifi/INF3151/index-eng.html

We implemented a single-core kernel for x86 from bootloader to scheduler to virtual memory manager to block file system.

The intro to OS was a mandatory class for all CS students, and this course was an electable.

and then Jow Forums killed him.

You took a class where you did some paint-by-numbers programming. Get over yourself Espen.

I'm not saying it was hard at all, which is actually my point. Implementing a single-core protected mode OS is not difficult... It's actually so trivial that third year CS students at low-ranking foreign universities can do it.

What's impressive about Terry, is that he was able to do this while suffering from schizophrenia. But the act in itself is not impressive, especially considering that he had many, many years of experience as an engineer in beforehand. It is the circumstances that makes it impressive.

OS != Kernel

No, Richard, it's just "Linux", not "GNU/Linux".

I just want the comfy feeling of reading his blog post for the day and then watching the video update.

Attached: Main170708.jpg (640x480, 118K)

Fair enough, you're right. An entire OS would be more work than just the kernel.

Did the CIA niggers go after Hans Reiser too?

Attached: IMG_20190409_021822.png (1566x428, 134K)

>being a jerk isn't a crime
No, but chopping up your wife and then hiding her in your backyard is.

Are you talking about this OSdev tutorial level shit? You dont even need CS to follow that

>Are you talking about this OSdev tutorial level shit?
No, but that is also another example of how simple it is.

>You dont even need CS to follow that
I agree. Writing a kernel isn't some impossible task Jow Forums pretends it is. It just takes time and willingness to learn as you go.

>I agree. Writing a kernel isn't some impossible task Jow Forums pretends it is. It just takes time and willingness to learn as you go.
ofc not. there's at least one kernel in development by Jow Forums anons right now

Since you agreed to a union under God, but failed to be the good wife that you promised God to be, you are a no longer a woman of God and you must be killed and burn in hell.

Attached: IMG_20190409_022323.jpg (1080x710, 201K)

Based and redpilled

>there's at least one kernel in development by Jow Forums anons right now

I bet he's already working on the logo!

He didn't hide xer body in the backyard

Is the kernel Hurd, and this the reason it pretty much only has a logo?

Attached: hurd-logo.gif (265x178, 16K)

Francis E. Dec > Terry A. Davis

Glowing Negro detected

Yeah right

> Not knowing the difference between a Kernel and a whole OS
Crawl back to India

I'm working on one although I didn't start on a logo yet. I guess I can probably get some help from Jow Forums when that day comes :)
github.com/awesomekling/serenity
Nothing but respect for Terry btw. He's an inspiration.

RIP

Attached: 78c.jpg (852x1024, 123K)

Fuck off, Richard.

That's pretty neat.

Why the fuck is it only scandinavian fags that make OSes? First Linus (fennoswede), then these two faggots ITT.

F*ck you.

fuck you pajet

Did you make your own compiler?

I have, but in a different class.

Scandinavians tend to be way less social so they probably don't mind spending all day every day at the computer

I live in Oregon and go through The Dalles every few months, I'm going to stop in an ask for a copy of his death certificate next time I'm in there. I don't think he's dead - no death certificate filed electronically, and no Social Security Death Index yet. He'd be listed on the SSDI if he was dead because otherwise they'd still be paying him.

I'll let you anons know how it goes.

>lived
Still no proof he died besides tabloid journalism

He was a shit programmer. My OS is much more capable.
Why does he redundantly iterate over arrays so often?

Can you really just ask for anyone’s death certificate?

Attached: terry-1488.jpg (1469x1102, 320K)

>Implementing a single-core protected mode OS
TempleOS is a multi-core long mode OS

nigger

He wrote his own compiler, then used his own language Holy C, to write his own OS. The regular version iso is around 17mb if i remember, and there's a lite version around 3mb or something. It's all in under 100k lines of code.

glow in the dark

Language, kernel, compiler, entire TempleOS and a couple of aditional software. You tell me

I tried getting TempleOS running. What’s the best way to do it and also have audio? I tried a few different things with poor speed and no audio.

Attached: 1533256810863.jpg (1280x720, 49K)