Is there no way to get a touchpad/trackpad like laptops on desktop?

I started using my laptop more and I really like the touchpad, especially the gestures. I wanted something like it for my desk setup (running Windows 10)
I've been looking everywhere and eventually just bought one off of Amazon to try because I couldn't believe there weren't any options out there and the one I bought sucks; I think it just uses the mouse drivers and handles the touch input internally. The tracking sucks and the gestures suck and there is no way to configure it. I've looked at other options and they are either basically the same thing or they're discontinued and sold for ridiculous prices (and I doubt they are any better). There has to be a way to get a touchpad working for desktop like it does on literally every laptop, right? help me Jow Forums

Attached: touchpad.png (1200x450, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-mQn5nz-o0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The price will make your asshole pucker. Logitech Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad T650

Attached: touchpad.jpg (1412x1500, 74K)

>touchpad
>desktop
>gestures
Kill yourself.

that's one of the ones I saw. I'm pretty sure it's discontinued which is why it's so expensive. I'm not spending more than $100 on a touch pad

it's comfy. I liked not having to reach for my keyboard or move my mouse to the task bar to switch windows while I'm just browsing around

Apple sells the standalone Magic Trackpad but the software is just as bad as any other windows trackpad software.

>the software is just as bad as any other windows trackpad software
The integration with gestures on Mac is years ahead of Windows try at it. With Windows 8 and 10 they really fucked up the gesture thing big time.

his point is that on windows it's a flaming dumpster fire, just like other touchpad softwares.

>hurr applel touchpad good because i am used to it all other touchpad software bad because its difrent from aplel

the apple touchpads are really nice but I don't use mac. the windows 10 touchpad features are good enough for me so why aren't there any compatible touchpads out there? that's what gets me most. it already exists on laptops so why can't I get it on my desktop?

>hurr applel touchpad good because i am used to it all other touchpad software bad because its difrent from aplel
Bruh i've used windows for over 20 years. Doesn't change the fact that their software and gesture controls suck cunt compared to Apples

Because a mouse is infinitely superior to trackshit.

I'm not replacing my mouse. I just find myself wanting gestures if I'm just leaning back and browsing so I don't have to reach up to my keyboard for shortcuts or move my mouse all over my multi monitor setup to click on everything manually

This

Attached: _20190408_162305.jpg (1745x1157, 361K)

pls i just want to be able to be able to alt-tab with my mouse but you can't just do that with 2 buttons

a wacom intuos has touch capability (you don't have to use the pen)

I do it sometimes when i'm drawing
I have the wacom intuos pro medium
but i used to have the normal intuos small and i could use touch on that as well
its basically a giant trackpad if you don't use the pen

youtu.be/-mQn5nz-o0k

check out this video
This is probably your best option for a desktop trackpad

Buy one with 5 buttons, or maybe one of those MMO mice and use shit like autohotkey to bind copy, paste, cut, alt tab in both directions, shut down, alt+F4 and all your playlists.

Get a trackball.

Works on my machine.

Attached: 1534100210343.png (1280x720, 1M)

alt-tab isn't really viable on mice because you have to hold alt while pressing tab/shift-tab. I actually already have a roccat nyth and I use all the buttons.

I'll look into this. thanks user

So map it to Win+Tab retard.

that doesn't do anything similar to alt+tab

I'll try this one and see how that goes. the new intuos don't have multitouch apparently.
But overall, I don't understand why Windows 10 has decently thorough support for touchpads but there is no way to access it unless you have a laptop. Are there really no natively supported trackpads?

Attached: Capture.png (1743x656, 247K)

There are third party softwares to enable mac style gestures on a magic trackpad 1/2 on windows. It's still shit compared to native mac though but it's better than any garbage touchpads.

t. own a magic trackpad 1 for fucking around with on windows. waste of money if you ask me.

I'm not an apple guy but I have to admit those magic trackpads feel really nice. But for $100+ for the last generation and it isn't even supported without third party software, I'll pass

Yeah I picked mine up second hand for like $40. If I didn't get it that cheap I never would have bothered. You are probably better off getting a mouse with additional thumb buttons on the side and mapping them to the gestures/shortcuts you want to use.

I should clarify there are 2 big issues with win+tab
1. I still have to click on the windows so I might as well just click on the icon in the taskbar
2. it only works on the main monitor. It doesn't work on the other monitors in my setup

>he went to the applel store just to take that pic
nice