Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: holdinghands.jpg (498x599, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/HGST-HUS724040ALE640-0F14683-Enterprise-Refurbished/dp/B079RZHLDL
pastebin.com/WaaAeEuM
pastebin.com/eFhgCk2x
pastebin.com/mrKUkdyY
pbtech.co.nz/product/NBBOEM0327/Toshiba-OEM-Battery-PA5013U-1BRS-For-Toshiba-Z830
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hello frens

work is buying me a new laptop, and I went with Jow Forums's recommendation of a dell xps 15

work requires that the laptop we get runs linux and can drive two external 4k monitors at 60hz, but I'm having a lot of trouble verifying you can actually do this with a dell dock.

Does anyone have any experience with using the XPS 15 and the TB16 dock driving two external 4k monitors on Linux?

Attached: 1464245040007.jpg (762x574, 30K)

No clue on the 4k monitors, but I do know that dell's XPS line is pretty highly compatible with Linux. I think they even still sell models that ship with Ubuntu out of the box. Search for those.

Is offering web services on a fucking raspi for third worlders a viable business? Dolla x month is a good deal since shit was fucking cheap

Thanks senpai, i'll have a look.

Don't be a nig and just get a t1.micro on AWS. It's like $14 a month, I have one and charge a business $600 a month for hosting and server support. Additionally, i'm pretty sure it's free for the first year.

Replacing a failing external hard drive.

Looking to get one of these: amazon.com/HGST-HUS724040ALE640-0F14683-Enterprise-Refurbished/dp/B079RZHLDL

Also need to get an external hard drive enclosure. Any suggestions there, or any comments on my selected drive?

Attached: You can't look at my hard drive lolis.jpg (500x485, 74K)

So I'm upgrading to a new computer to more efficiently make music, but the idea of having to reinstall all my software all over again is mind numbing, especially since the majority of it is pirated. Is there a way you can transfer installed programs, registry files, etc when migrating from one windows device to another?

Attached: 1549209615157.jpg (960x954, 85K)

Wait, just so I'm understanding things right...

You're renting a server from Amazon for $14, and then re-renting it to a business for $600 a month, just because they're none the wiser?

Clone your old drive to your new one

I've been getting bad performance (drops to 40fps and stays there with about 40% usage in both cpu and gpu with low ram, vram) on some games (Borderlands 2, Warframe, Doom 4, Far Cry 4,5) since i build this computer,
i read somewhere it could be a driver issue so i ran windows driver verification tool and it gave me a looped Blue screen until i disabled it.

could anyone be able to give me a hint of what should i try next? i cant buy a totally new pc so thats all i can do

Things i tried:
scannow
memtest86
Changed thermal paste (gpu, cpu)
Used a brand new SSD
Tasted playing on safe mode
Fresh windows install multiple times
Uninstalled GPU Drivers mutiple times
Used a high refresh monitor

Notes:
No thermal throttle cpu temps dont pass 70c (Gpu dont pass 65c)
PC uses a second psu for the gpu (Dell 365w + Corsair CX550w) but it doesnt shows any power issues
Sometimes in Far cry and Borderlands 2 5th and 6th thread get higher usage than the other ones (80/90% in some scenarios)

Bluescreenview Dump: pastebin.com/WaaAeEuM
Last string of scannow result: pastebin.com/eFhgCk2x
Raw DxDiag system specs: pastebin.com/mrKUkdyY

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Yes, welcome to small business.

I did spend some extra time setting up SSL, extra crisis recovery tools like hourly backups, and I've cleaned malware off the server once after their WP install got pwned.

Really they're paying for server administration and on-call support, also their previous host charged them $2k a month for managed AWS hosting.

If I need extra money I complete some tickets on their site development trello for $50 an hour.

Oh, and to follow up for people who might think it's unethical, if you think about the number of client inquiries they have per day (dozens) the $600 a month is nothing compared to the many thousands in value being added to their business, I low balled them at $600 because I want to capture more of that industry in my town. Passive income, yo.

How do you even reach out to people like that and get them to sign up for your deal? How often do you actually need to assist them with stuff? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

sudo xboxdrv --silent -l 2

Why doesn't this stop the blinking? Why doesn't 0 stop the blinking?

Email, phone, just reach out and get rejected, some follow up. Meet them in person and smooth talk them if necessary. In this case I was very fortunate that a friend started working there and recommended me, and now I use that small portfolio of businesses to bring more on board.

How does offering real hardware make me more of a nigger than people re-renting services?

Someone please provide critique/suggestions so I can finally pull the trigger

I feel like that should've been obvious

Going for a BA in Psych, I honestly find the human mind to be very fucking interesting and love learning about it. However, part of me knows its a meme degree and a STEM degree would be a smarter idea. How would I go about seeing of programming / Information Technology is something that I like? I know a BS in IT or CompSci would be a better outlook career wise.

It should've been :)
no worries

running a raspi in your bedroom and using a highly stable vm in a best-in-class cloud service are two different things.

You'll benefit from:
- better speeds
- better reliability
- better disaster recovery including point-in-time restore
- more flexibility to expand
- more community and SLA support
- not being a nigger

If you can answer y or n and link me the tutorial you can ask me a stash, can be of any random theme, I save lots of pics so I probs have it.

Is there a way in Windows 10 to lock myself to a single window forever. I'm tired of getting distracted.

Attached: 1457029818540.gif (480x347, 424K)

I want to have a web hosting server for my own. What is docker containers and what is Kubernetes?

What's the difference compared to VPS?

What's the best foss e-reader for Android? Currently using fbreader but not completely happy with it, would like it if there were something cleaner.

this is commonly known as kiosk mode, and yes you can, there's a lot of apps out there that will do it, and browser extensions that prevent you opening other sites during focus hours.

Has anyone ever put a diffuser on a flat panel display to increase apparent resolution like we enjoy with projectors?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08 6_Pixel - 6_pixel pdf.png (1920x956, 284K)

How can I resolve the missing Dolby codec issue in Adobe Premiere Pro? Running Windows 7, and I'd prefer not to upgrade.

sysprep /generalize /shutdown in cmd since you're probably going to a completely different cpu

What YT downloaders do you guys use? The sites Hooktube links to seem sus as of recent.

youtube-dl(1)

youtube-dl

Assuming you're on LiGNUx or have Cygwin installed, make a config file with the options you want, and bash alias, and it's very handy. I run it with -U
-f bestvideo[height

I just replaced the battery in a toshiba Z930 ultrabook
it says it is 100% charged and 95% health
but it won't boot without ac plugged in, and it instantly dies if i unplug it

I've tried disconnecting it and reconnecting, and holding the power button down for 30s inbetween.

What else can I do?

Attached: 17448156-2010-1086.jpg (2010x1086, 212K)

Attached: gZ5Shbp.jpg (600x732, 63K)

Is there a software for keeping lists? Like movies I've watched and stuff.

My uni uses WPA2 enterprise wifi, my Nintendo Switch sometimes can connect with no issue and sometimes not at all.

How about an excel sheet?

How much space does a windows 10 boot drive needs?

About 20 gbs or so

might be a bad mobo or shitty battery. Typically thats what it is. If the battery is aftermarket chink shit it might not be compatible with your machine

It would be much better if there was a software that I can use to organize things easier than Excel.

Also I don't use Excel and I don't like Libre office alternative.

I will be installing Ubuntu as a dual boot, should i make a new partition before? if so how big should it be? im planning to get a 4TB hard drive later so i will keep most of my shit there to access it either in windows or linux

Use spreadsheet program or write your own. If you want to learn to program learning how to append data into a file/list is essential for pretty much anything. I wrote a simple script in python that allows me to enter any data I want into any filetype I want, and I can write my own arguments to format the text it in any way i like.

Is there a way to transfer the data from my old laptops to my desktop without having to turn on the laptop and not removing the hard drive from the laptop?

I can't wait to learn computer architecture NOT

Ubuntu/Linux in general is really weird when it comes to using multiple storage drives if youre coming from windows. Usually you will want to do the partitioning during the installation of Ubuntu becasue it will see if you have a Windows installation and ask if you want to install alongside it. Even so, there still may be issues(such as bootloader, filetypes, etc), which is the reason why i keep my linux and windows machines seperate. I've dualbooted enough times to know the pain of having to deal with a corrupted windows os because grub overwrote the NT bootloader or Windows not knowing the difference between fat32 and ext4. Youre better off using virtual machines or getting a cheap laptop.

WHenever i try to post on my pc i get "Jow Forums Pass Token or PIN is invalid. [Re-authorize Device]" Im using 4chanx but even with it disabled i get the same thing. i cleared the cookies for Jow Forums (or anything that has 4c in its name) but i still get the same issue. Any fixes? cant find anything on it

sorry bud, to transfer data from a hard drive it needs to have some sort of power running through it and a data connection. if you dont want to power on the laptop the only other option is to pull the drive and plug it up to a dock/external chassis

It's an OEM toshiba battery
and the old battery does still boot, so i was thinking the mobo must be ok

Is the battery still possibly bad even if battery indicator software says it's ok?
Is there any way that it's a software issue with the pc not recognizing the new battery or something?

Iunno. Thanks for the help btw.

pbtech.co.nz/product/NBBOEM0327/Toshiba-OEM-Battery-PA5013U-1BRS-For-Toshiba-Z830
i'm seeing now that there is a guy commenting on the listing that his didn't work either. Fml.

Attached: p1100032.jpg (2293x1859, 1.63M)

Alot of those OEM's have already been through multiple power cycles. its almost impossible to get one brand new from factory. There is a small chance that it may be a software issue. The only way to tell software-wise is to wipe your OS and start from scratch. I have ordered OEM batteries for old Dell and Toshiba laptops and its been about 50/50 for me.

Shit, isn't there a way to prevent this? i really wanted to try Ubuntu outside a virtualbox

50/50 on whether they work or not? lol jesus christ
>The only way to tell software-wise is to wipe your OS and start from scratch
fuck that

alright these chinks better give me my money back
thanks user

If you want to try Ubuntu on actual hardware get a cheap laptop or raspberry pi and use it on seperate hardware. You can get a Raspberry Pi kit for less than $60 on amazon and that will give you a good starter sbc to play around with There is a way to setup grub so that it plays nice with Windows bootloader but you have to know how to edit grub. Even if you get it right one update from Ubuntu or Windows can fuck up the entire thing. I wouldnt recommend dual booting unless youre completely comfortable using both operating systems or if you dont mind starting fresh every couple months.

Does anyone know of any browser addons where i can enter a bunch of links to be downloaded in bulk? I dont want to scan for shit to download. i want to enter a shit ton of links and have it save them automatically

Attached: 1420093400804.jpg (1600x1097, 142K)

are there any yurofags who have taken part in VIE? i just got an e-mail offering me a tech-support/sysadmin job with a salary and allowance of more than i could ever ask for so my peasant brain is in overdrive right now. work in cologne but my german is a bit rusty.

Attached: 1386575512249.png (448x486, 418K)

jdownloader 2
doesn't matter. if you have a degree, h1bs will take your job. if you don't, illegals will. you have yet to fully grasp the sheer amount of suffering you are about to experience.

Instead of making a private Habbo server Jow Forums should just use Hellcore and make a MUD.

I accidentally selected
>Close Terminal
when I made a custom script in gnome terminal so now I can't start it wihtout it closing immediately. How can I reset this?

Attached: 1553891731215.jpg (2048x1365, 88K)

Ctrl+alt+f1
login, fix the issue then Ctrl+alt+f7 to get back

But if it fucks up it only fucks up the hard drive where everything is running right? like if i have a 6TB drive to store shit it won't be affected right?

and what if i have my windows OS in one hard drive and i get a notebook hard drive of 300GB to install linux on it, then when i want to switch OS i just disconnect one and connect the other?(without disconnecting my 6TB drive)

thank you so much! I'll never do something that retarded again!

How do I even use vpn on Jow Forums
It says I'm abusing my IP addres???

Attached: IMG_20190409_142522.jpg (1125x1333, 97K)

you don't
just stop funposting

if it is a free VPN it has long since been blocked for abuse due to other anons using it for retarded shitposting purposes. Maybe a paid VPN would get you though, but I wouldn't know i've never paid for one really

i think you have to buy one of those deluxe vpns ones, the free ones are blocked

How do you guys configure your umatrix on Jow Forums? It won't let my captchas go through and I'm not sure what to un-click.

>captcha
use captcha buster bro

God bless OP's cute boys

Are portuguese and spanish really that different?

I legit can't tell the difference most of the time

Ah shit. I guess I will

boards.4channel.org www.google.com * allow
boards.4channel.org www.google.com frame allow
boards.4channel.org www.google.com script allow
boards.4channel.org www.gstatic.com * allow
boards.4channel.org www.gstatic.com script allow

how do I edit linux themes? I want to have cool borderless windows and rice the fuck out of everything so I can get (you)s in desktop threads

Pens are technology, but there's no pen thread so I'll ask here.
What's up with the rotring 800?
Like the extending mechanism requires more force if there's no lead available. Also it has a bit of a tendency to snap it.
How do I fix it?

you really can't it fucking sucks. threw mine out a month ago because I had enough of it

I've been getting some ads through on Pandora with Ublock Origin. Anyone else having this? I assume the lists themselves just need to be updated, but curious if it's just me.
(I updated them manually obviously)

Yea that happens from time to time.
Unless you use umatrix; that's the wonder of whitelists over blacklists.

idk, but Madrid drinks zumo instead of jugo, and Mexico has lemons and yellow lemons instead of limes and lemons.

There's a game hosted in C# at my university, and we've participated in the last 2 years with some success, playing by the rules.
Now we kind of want to try and win by "hacking" their system, and giving ourselves an unfair advantage.
The general setup is that we have access to one class implementing an interface supplied by them, that runs a given method. This means that our code is compiled, and run, on their server.
What vectors do we have to try and modify object values?
General reflection on the objects exposed to us (the game board) does not work to set objects, as setters for these are hidden away through "transactions" that verify action. Thus we'd need to somehow find the servers internal version of the game board somehow in order to make edits there. Any ideas for how this could be achieved?

I want to buy a fast external hard drive

What other considerations should I look for besides it being an SSD?

Will an external hard drive ever copy/paste files as fast as an internal hard drive?

the connection speed, make sure it's fast enough to take full advantage oft he SSDs speed.
i think some version of thunderbolt is the fastest then usb 3.x and so on
no reason why it can't be just as fast at copy and pasting files afaik

What's a relatively good free VPN? I've been using Softether with VPNGate for years, and that one's no-bullshit and works fine, but maybe I just don't know better.

Currently in Dubai for ~1 month for work
Any good VPN/Unblocking services, even if they're paid (at a reasonable price)? I literally can't even use Danbooru, fucking everything is blocked

Attached: 1553918789310.jpg (953x954, 194K)

What about comparing the transfer speeds between an internal HDD and external HDD using USB 3.0?

usb 3.0 (5gbit/s) is much faster than a typical HDD will be able to sustain in terms of reading and writing large files, the story might be different with a lots of small files and if you have other drives connected to the same usb controller taking up bandwidth

Is there a good alternative to slashdot? I used to browse it many years ago but they seem to have become absolutely shit

>take laptop for repair
>they see my anime background

Attached: 1551737875779.png (647x778, 17K)

I'm new and trying to work something out in Java. I have 4 statements that can be true or false, they are false by default but become true by the user accessing an option on a menu.
What I need is for the statements to print something if they are true at the end of the program, but if-else isn't working because it stops checking the other statements when the first one becomes true. What should I use so if a statement is true, it continues on to the next statement to check if it's true/false until it's visited all 4 options?
What I have is similar to this. In this situation, the ball can have several colors:
if (blue) {
System.out.println("The ball is blue.")
}
else if (red) {
System.out.println("The ball is red.")
}
else if (green) {
System.out.println("The ball is green.")
}
else if (yellow) {
System.out.println("The ball is yellow.")
}

Attached: java-bordered-turquoise.png (214x230, 20K)

Is there any vps provider that doesn't require my name, address and my penis size to be submitted in registration form? I don't intend doing anything illegal, hell I'm even gonna pay for it via paypal because I don't have a btc wallet and btc services seems to be twice the price.
Looking for a 5$/mo cheapo box, so that I can deploy several uni projects. Location is central europe btw, but it's not like a I need a low ping for ssh.

>if-else isn't working because it stops checking the other statements when the first one becomes true
just remove the "else" part then?
if(a)
a();
if(b)
b();
// ...

They are about as close as Spanish and Italian. Pretty close that you can understand some of the other, maybe even have a very basic conversation.

I don't have anything like that in firefox or chrome?

Attached: 78379888.png (1679x57, 10K)

Can anybody recommend me a VPN? I'm sceptical about those mainstream nordvpn and stuff but maybe they are good nonetheless. Help a Brainlet out

>Save file to encrypted drive
>Check folder
>File isn't there
>Try to save it again
>Shows file in the folder
>Check folder
>File isn't there
>Search for file through Windows
>Find it
>Open location
>Opens encrypted folder with file there
>Close folder
>Reopen folder
>File isn't there

What meme is this and why can't I into it?

Can CPUs go in reverse?
like do the inverse of each operation and have the program counter go in the opposite direction?

Thanks. I'm a brainlet.

What happened to the subscribe / live bookmarks in firefox?

Attached: 22025187.jpg (320x240, 25K)

What are some cool hotkeys with Firefox?
I just found out about `'` which is "quick search" that searches links. Pretty neato.

blessed OP pic desu

Does anybody know a way to run xdebug (dbgp) without an IDE?

like 0.5% users used them and they were a lot of bloat. they got dropped.

use an extension.

hackernews? idk

holy fuck. Didn't know dubai was like that. absolute dropped.

find out what DE you're using and google for dotfiles.

did you start the filename with a dot?

don't think they keep a memory of past events like that, though perhaps a program exists

>did you start the filename with a dot?

Nope just a normal letter. I've saved it to my desktop and then copied it from there to the folder and that seems to work, but the other two (I saved it once as a .jpg and once as a .png just to test) still don't show up.