What are Jow Forums's unpopular or controversial opinions on technology?

What are Jow Forums's unpopular or controversial opinions on technology?

Attached: windows-vista-wallpaper-3.jpg (1920x1080, 98K)

The internet doesn't feel special anymore

Having a computer in my bedroom from a young age ruined me socially and I just want to be normal

it's too difficult to keep up with everything and I'm slowly becoming a luddite

gui > cli

Excuse. Stop blaming your pc, the problem lies in yourself, so work on yourself.

For most things, not everything.

My youth is gone. Computer addiction is very real user. Smart phones just put another computer in my hand at all times.

Been normiecore for a decade plus. I agree

Joke's on you, I'm aggressively socially avoidant and I always used my PC in the living room.

Ballmer did nothing wrong.

Attached: SAB.png (1366x768, 1.45M)

Windows ME was no worse than its 9x predecessors. People memed it into one of the worst products Microsoft ever released only because 1) 2000 was released earlier, hence the expectation that ME was going to be NT-based as well and 2) 98SE was originally planned as the last of the 9x line.

Everybody forgot how shitty 98 was when it was first released.
>49.7 day uptime bug?
>Fast-Shutdown hang-ups?
>COMDEX 98?

There is no expectation of privacy or security on the internet and neither was there ever intended to be.

True, but that doesn't mean it isn't important now.

1080p, 144 Hz and IPS is all you need for a sub-30" monitor

Depends on what those 'most things' are though,

Real social harm comes from the west's conceptualization of technology as a disposable consumer good instead of an extension of the self, both body and mind.

The singularity is, in fact, near. It will kill us all.

Only the anprims who refuse their anti-aging medicine will die post-singularity.

The problem isn't post, it's during.

the singularity is a meme perpetuated by 'atheist' technophiles that have replaced the idea of heaven and eternal life with a tech equivalent.

Yep. That's the stock response that makes it q(unpopular and controversial).

There isn't even that much to keep up with, everything a social media app, computers are only 50% faster than they were in 2012 and if your software project doesn't run in a web browser wrapper, nobody wants anything to do with it.
Also, crossdressing anime boys are technology and also a miracle of the universe.

Attached: hideri me.png (436x552, 351K)

i disagree, i think the singularity is very popular and almost uncontroversial in the technosphere.

Depends on where. In some places it is very popular to show that you are smarter than the average nerd by pointing out the parallels with Christianity.

mpv is garbage

Computer games are a perfectly acceptable pastime for an adult, as long as you don't wrap your whole identity up in them.

What's good?