Y-you're using me, r-right user?

>y-you're using me, r-right user?

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-3-Ports-1-1833x1080.jpg (1833x1080, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

netsurf-browser.org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no
but i'm using your chink sister orangepi-chan

yeah as a dust collector

>stuttering on 1080p 60fps
this is why I don't use you

I'd be using at least one zero if I had other reason to drive all the way Micro Center. Do you think my brother would like to receive a spool of filament as a gift?

what's that

Oddly enough...

Attached: 2019-04-08-231859_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 1.17M)

man this made me sad. i have my B+ sitting in the corner of my room collecting dust. I impulsed bought it at microcenter, then i turned it on, fucked around for like 20 min, then never used it again.

I use one as an ssh server and http iso repo. It's convenient for working on BMCs.

It's weird how people act like it's the only way to emulate, especially when they live in an efficiency/studio/bedroom so it's not even inconvenient to plug in their much more capable PC. Raspiss can't do run-ahead and advanced shaders so movement in games feels heavy and the image point samples are rendered as big ugly squares.

This shader config is intended for 1440p or higher but I don't have that here.

Attached: hniG2sw.jpg (3840x1081, 596K)

>Can't play metal slug without lagging out like a bitch
fuck off roomba brain

I did, and you were fairly useful, but you don't really seem to work anymore. You were never quite the same after the backplane in my server died and I had to use you as a temporary webhost while I was waiting for enough money to get a replacement. You kept hanging, remember?

Attached: JINTEKI INDUSTRIES BEST HOSTING JAPAN CHEAP FIBER UPLINK NEURAL NET ONLY 200 YEN HOURLY TOP SPEED.pn (502x900, 513K)

I'm using your little sister ZeroW-chan as a security camera, and 3APlus-chan as an audio processor. The important thing is that I only buy you when I have a specific use case in mind, not just because I think you sound neat.

octoprint on my 3D printer and plex

Very good

are there any zero clones out there?

Attached: DwBTQXqU8AAP4Iw.jpg (1075x1052, 103K)

Everything i can think of doing with a pi can be done with a cheaper and smaller Arduino, or needs more horsepower, or is already accomplished by another device.
For example, a pi and accessories is more expensive than a roku stick, if you wanted to just stream video to a TV.
If I wanted to do mini server stuff, I'd probably rather have a laptop running a gannoo leenux distro.

how did you get out of my drawer

I'm on a Pi 2 right now. Been using it more and more as a regular computer. It works decently enough.
kinda want a 3+ but I've got literally zero reason to bother spending the money, not when this is just a fun machine to fuck around on since I've got at least 4 computers faster than it lying around here

got the thing set up really comfortable-like, the only thing that's actually more than mildly inconvenient is watching video
chromium is extremely well optimized on the machine, so web browsing isn't even that bad -- it's still kinda slow, but I'll just switch to another tab while waiting for something to chug in the background, and I'll have like 15 tabs open

emulation is spotty as balls on this thing, largely because a lot of emulators target fairly modern hardware, while the Pi is stuck in some weird multicore 1GB RAM version of 2001

the Neo sure as shit isn't harder to emulate than a PS1
but there's a proper ARM optimized PS1 emulator on the Pi and nothing like that for the Neo-Geo

>it's weird how people act like it's the only way to emulate,
it really is

a lot of people do it for the set-top-box appeal, where it stays next to the TV at all times, possibly on all the time doing some kind of home networking task in the background
but there's a stupid amount of people who hear "you can play your old games on this" and have never considered just running them on their much faster real computer

The thing Is I can't really lug around my huge-ass Computer to friend's places while the pi is small and convinent

No, I have a 3B+

Try to use it for work: PDFs load like a snail, various features too slow to bother with

Try to use it as a Kodibox at home: Works but still, slow as fuck. Just ended up using a laptop instead.

It's a dust collector.

sorry, i sold you and bought odroid XU4, much better for emulation...

Attached: 1538803593278.jpg (1280x1117, 259K)

>1 gb ram
>chromium
what the fuck is wrong with you

yeah, piholes, docker machine with rutorrent and unifi controller and other crap

No because Asus Tinkerbox lel

I use it as a pi hole.
It's an OK solution for s home lan.

Yep, your my trusty music server and your older sister (pi1) is a pihole DNS+low bandwidth tor node!

* ahem *

Attached: boris_vectors.jpg (454x681, 33K)

literally thumbing through a pdf a-okay in atril right now
like, we're talking flinging through pages fast, not just "eh, there's a little bit of a delay, not that much"

It's the most functional modern browser on the Pi, and it doesn't chew up that much RAM. Also, it's rather fast.
fuck, I can load a heavy-ass slow shit site like Pixiv and fill up my tab bar with shit I want to look at
I can watch YouTube videos in-browser. Not at any real quality or scale, but it's doable.

Firefox chokes dead just from opening. There was a time when I could use it on the Pi. That was years ago now.
Midori works (and is the only semi-functional modern browser you can use on a Pi 1/0), but it's full of issues (sites randomly not connecting, sites generally just choking it, poor adblocking, etc) and you'd only use it because Chromium chokes those machines completely.

Run pihole on it and point your gateways dns to it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190409-053102.jpg (1080x2280, 404K)

>2015
>my first experience with linux
>got it from little brother who abandoned his Kano kit thing
>turns out the OS was just a sterilized chromium
>wipe it all and install debian
>slow as all fuck, browser crashes a lot
>say fuck it and make an emulator instead with Retropie
>haven't used it since last year
it's just collecting dust at this point

>Kodibox at home: Works but still, slow as fuck
Yeah same. Was hoping Kodi would be good on it. Installed Diet-Pi then Kodi. It's okay for receiving plex streams but casting using the YouTube add on is slow as fuck and essentially broken.

ever thought maybe stop being third-worlder poor and just build a apu desktop? like a normal poor person?

I fucking hate these god damn things.
There's nothing inherently wrong with raspberry pi's in and of themselves, but they send a lot of bad messages.
I've had fuckers literally sending in resumes bragging that they've got experience in computer and software engineering and when they get to the interview stage "Oh yeah I've actually developed emulators for raspberri pis using open source software"
These fucking retards pull the thing out the box put some screws to a plastic case, copy paste somebody elses software onto it and think they're a fucking computer engineer.
Not too mention back when I worked at a fucking used video game store, dipshits would bring these god damn things in to sell them like all excited "What can you give me for a retro pi maaaannn" scratching their fucking ass and gazing at me with their lazy eyes.
$10. I will give you $10 for your stupid fucking one-board computer that's full of intellectual property theft. I will then try, and fail, to sell it for $20.
Fuck off with these damn things; no serious work has ever been done with one, If I'm wrong just show me cause I'd love to be wrong. There's better options for literally every. single. fucking. thing. that these dumb boards do. These things are literally in the gifts section by the kids toys at my Barnes and Noble.

They have pinouts that make it really easy to interface with other stuff. Pi Zero is cheaper than a good Arduino clone and can do quite a bit more, so I don't regret buying mine. It is being used right now.

I have 6gb of storage hooked up to it.
its a seedbox and also a webserver and also running pihole. and also running an owncloud instance. 0 complaints.

Is there a rpi priced FPGA?

I use mine to torrent shit

Have you tried NetSurf?
It seems like it would be ideal for the Pi. Maybe run it in combination with a good hosts file.
netsurf-browser.org

Of course. The other options all have half assed support. I use my Pi 3b+ as my basement shitposting station, plugged into an Amber CRT. It’s fully fucking comfy.

Can you post a pic of your amber CRT shitposting station at work? What model is the CRT?

The faggot mods won’t let me post images from my ISP except on yellow boards. It’s a Magnavox something or other, with the slow phosphor for best reading comfort.

>not swarming a bunch of pis with kubernetes

the absolute state of Jow Forums

>using kubernetes when you can just netboot them
Why are millennials so dumb and lazy yet wish to use overly complicated hyper corporate “solutions?”

i have an orange pi zero running nagios at work
it works alright and serves as an emergency ssh entrypoint in case everything else is powered down so i could bring back stuff up remotely through IPMI
couldn't figure out any other use for it tho

I am giving a workshop on the pi in a few days. I bought 5 of them to give out. What should be the win condition on giving them out?

Somebody manages to boot it up, check for a system update with apt, install it if there is one, install one extra program of their choice from the repo, launch or run it, do a single Wolfram Alpha query with free Mathematica, and then perform a clean shutdown.

If they can figure that out they’re qualified to take it home and they will probably find a use for it.

>What should be the win condition on giving them out?
installing gentoo

Yep, currently 73 deployed around the states

I guess this would require getting use of the schools monitors and they should be able to connect with WiFi pretty easily. I've never used Mathematica myself but it sounds useful. Sudo shutdown?

Basic Linux knowledge and what they gonna do with it after you give them out.

What for?

sudo shutdown -h now

or just use the menu item

Thanks user.

Banana Pi M2 Zero

Attached: bananapim2zero.jpg (524x488, 79K)

How the fuck can it run chrome and a gui but die everytime I try to install gitllab on it ?

are you using power adapter that can deliver enough electricity?

Yes, as a cups server and syncthing node.

I have a 3B running as a USB over TCP/IP (USB/IP) setup for my solar inverter.

What are you charging?

You might not like it, but this is what peak sacrifice looks like.

I'm not a fucking incel living in a mom's basement, so obviously no, I don't use (You).

>he doesnt use his pi

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-09-11-50-46.png (1440x2880, 220K)

Just a small solar array, 8 panels with a total of around 1KW output on paper charging two 12V AGM batteries hooked up in series.

The solar inverter is a piece of shit Axpert model which uses some outdated software called WatchPower to configure parameters and show statistics. The inverter has a RS232 to USB card which you connect to. I don't want to run 50M of cable to connect to it, so I've used the RPi because it was the cheapest solution for me.

Basically: Axpert USB --> RPi 3B --> Wireless AP --> Clients with WatchPower

WatchPower has a Linux version (Java abomination), which doesn't work. At all. Else I'd just do SSH and X11 Forwarding or VNC.

>get raspberry pie
>weeewwwwww
>set it up
>do some coding play with 16bit framebuffer
>weew
>wew
stopped using it

how the fuck do you run all those things on that thing ?

I brought OrangePi instead because it was the only one with 64bit ARM to scratch my autism, put NetBSD on it and recreated Lisp Machine by making it boot directly into ejected SBCL image that had self-contained self-made basic Emacs-like environment with frames, windows, sockets and basic networking. Then got bored again and it's sitting there gathering dust. Never released source of that just to piss on Common Lisp community.

Attached: 1523040788433.jpg (368x535, 29K)

>never released
Do a good deed user. For me

what happened to jinteki.industries?

dedicated chan machine w/ edible media in case of bug out

Beste use cases for a fa/g/ are:
>pi-hole
>retropie emulator
>plex client
>steam link client

I have mine attached to my router with 3m, powered by the USB port, running pi-hole

Also have a much more powerful home server for the heavier tasks

Yep. It either hits a timeout in the configuration tool or exits because it doesn't have enough memory.

Got my discord bot running on one :^)

>steam link client
Neat, out of curriosity is there any kind of open source alternative? Remote desktop I assume? And does the Steam Link have to be for Raspberry Pi or can I use an Orange/Banana Pi, Beaglebone, random ARM SBC ect?

litterally just get a rock64
its better in every way than this piece of shit raspberry pi.

Did you know the ethernet and all the USB ports connect over a single USB2 lane? its mega garbo

I use an Odroid c1 as a file server since 2015.

No I'm using your autistic cousin

Attached: ARDUINO_R3.png (1560x1214, 554K)

> buy pi
> install kali linux
> use nmap a few times but get confused
> try to use other tools
> pi bacl in drawer
> buy pi camera
> pi camera goes directly into drawer

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After having had mine run my web stuff, I shut it down for good. I'll get an openwrt router some day to do the same but with less energy.

Successfully.
On the first try.
No wiki.
No damage.
No healing items.
New game + is allowed.

this

I’m using my Pi 3b+ as a regular computer. It works fine for this purpose, and it’s plenty fast for most uses. No hardware backdoors either.

Rock64 is chink garbage with shoddy support.

Fox only
final destination
>pi can barely emulate smash 64
lmao nevermind, nobody gets a pi

>implying rpi isnt chinkshit

rPi is made by Sony in the UK, idiot

it’s also the only sbc with long term support aside from the TI units

You control my desktop leds and the Clock, temperature and humidity sensor and LCD.

You just buy a old used laptop with a Sandy Bridge era i5 for like $100. Shit, sometimes people just give them out. My multimedia center is just an old i5 laptop that I ripped the monitor off of. Sits out of sight and can be turned on with a wireless keyboard.

The reason rPI is used and expensive is because its not Chinkshit.

Using mine as a pi hole+dream pi+low speed sync server+VPN portal

Was planning on making a project to have a universal interface with old computers using a Rpi (convert USB mouse+keyboard to ps/2 serial AT,provide a nullmodem to ethernet/wifi interface, act as a Disney/corvox sound box, etc). Thought it would be neat to have a one stop shop for interfacing modern shit with a old computer and just have a rpi do all the middle man work.

Botnet.

user, surely that was meant for another post?

I have a desktop lol. I spent about 3K on it.

I'm just trying my hand at tech minimalism. that,

raspi-chan, you know you're the DNS server for my network, you control my desktop clock, you control the lighting and download my anime
uwu

Why? That's piss easy, it takes two weekends half-comatose from vodka. Just read hyperspec and sbcl release notes.

Attached: 1535235629653.jpg (389x389, 58K)

please ai-chan

some are weather, some are automation for greenhouses, some are website hosts for small companies.

How do you prevent microsd corruption?
What powersupply do you use?
Any kind of powerbanks for backup?
Which distro?
And how do you fix broken ones? (sending them back and forth?)
Also, what kind of config management or deployment tools?

Sorry, as you can see I have a lot of questions on how to use pi's in a professional environment

I was but I got a real server and now I just run everything in vms.

Attached: 00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181022190904471_COVER.jpg (951x1268, 143K)