This is my very first language

This is my very first language

Attached: csharp-e7b8fcd4ce.png (512x512, 13K)

kys

pajeet language

you're thinking of java, user

im thinking of both java and c#

You fucked up Rajesh.

You did good

less of a mistake than python desu

The ones you get paid to know?

Seriously though, is this a good first language?

Yes
But you should start with the basics (C, ASM)

yes

do not do this
learning c makes you feel like a good programmer but if it's your first language you can learn some really horrid habits

He's supposed to learn pointers or memory sooner or later

Yea, later.
Bad C programmers are really really bad.
C isn't a language for beginners just because it's syntaxically simple.
best let him sandbox himself in a safe language and expand his horizons when he's ready.

idk i thought how they did it the early 2000s was good then..
>teach java, how compiling works etc basics of basic
>move to why java sucks and expand into more hardware side of how programming works
>teach logic circuits / basic elections / bla bla move into C++ and then C/ASM... now bring back java as embedded language on SoC to make full circle

What about English?

You can do pointers in c# too btw

That was my experience in Uni
>inb4 boomer
But imho, on one hand it's nice to not hand-wave off pointers as black magic to new programmers
on the other hand, weak programmers can succeed with Java first and get fucked when they go to languages like C/C++/Golang/Rust due to the new "oh hey by the way, forget everything you know about pointers and allocation/freeing"

Fuck 'em. We don't need more shitty devs that are only in the market because they had their hand held through their "CS" program.
Honestly, how can you teach Data Structures in Java....

>how can you teach Data Structures in Java
Why wouldn't you be able?
You only have to explain why arrays have constant access time, other than that everything makes perfect sense in from Java syntax.

C# is nothing more than Java + bloat. It's still for pajeets.

Having implicit pointers everywhere means it's harder to understand memory layout, which is important for learning how to write good data structures.

The first "programming" I ever did was in Lua.

At least it's not VB.NET