$3 PERSONAL COMPUTER

WE HAVE NOW THE $3 PERSONAL COMPUTER

Attached: BASIC_ENGINE_ESP32.jpg (1024x881, 355K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basicengine.org/hardware.html
hackaday.com/tag/rtl8710/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks pretty comfy
basicengine.org/hardware.html Here's the link btw

Hell yeah! Fuck HDMI.

Attached: 1554373545409.jpg (1200x848, 79K)

>Composite video only
>Only a single audio channel output

Attached: 1527056827122.png (641x490, 306K)

wait, are you supposed to solder all that crap yourself?

Soldering SMD components by hand isn't that hard. Actually, it's fun to do.

well, maybe if you never soldered anything before, but cmon, what the point of soldering this board? if you need to learn to solder you do that, you can train as much as you want on dead pcb's, but making it part of the "epic experience" of building your first PC is just retarded

to me it looks like they are not even hiding it anymore, chinks are too expensive so go solder your shit yourself

you literally learn to solder in fucking elementary school

does it run unix?

so?

t. zoomer

Attached: zoomer.gif (478x350, 84K)

Is this a Eurofag meme? I never learned soldering (but a cheap hobby thing like OP's might be good practice).
t. 34-year-old burger boomer

This >composite video
Muh dongles, I guess.
>single channel audio
Yikes!

Looks interesting though.

I did a charging controller with a USB soldering iron that came with a tiny tip. Its no bad you just solder the pads on the board, put flux pen on then the component and heat the legs a tiny bit. You need tweezers.

bump

I'm yuropoor and yes, we have soldering in primary school.

Im europoor and we dont

T. Boomer

indeed, I got soldering in secondary school

Can it run games?
Can I edit photos and videos professionally?
Does it run real business software e.g Excel, Word, Quickbooks, ACT, CRMs, Sage Payroll etc?
Can I produce high quality music?
Does it support x86 applications?

If not, it’s not a PC. It’s a fucking hobby toy for manchildren who never left their basements.
>hurr games equal manchild.
Healthy people play 1-2 hours of video games a day with their friends. Only losers who play longer than that daily or who tinker with WMs and pcb boards on their Cheeto covered table are manchildren.

its alright user

Attached: ezgif-2-492a7ed28c40.gif (500x280, 1.01M)

>I am literally retarded
Nice post, idiot.

Not an argument.
Enjoy your $3 of chinesium.

>BUT MUH GAMES!

>pcb boards
This upsets my autism.

>chinesium
Calm down there AvE
>not a PC
Does it compute? Is it for personal use? If so then yes it’s a very limited PC

I watched the building video for this.
it requires, a soldering iron, soldering skills, a fucking HEAT GUN, and probably hours of an amateurs time.

I'd rather spend 20$ on a PI

You're all so self centered...
One day every nig nog's gonna have one of these
>computah science

I'm South American and I learned to solder in "technology" class in middle school.

I'm Canadian and we learned to design circuits and solder in high school but it probably just depends what schools you went to

>Can it run games?

Attached: Nintendo Labo for Adults Like Me.jpg (936x1306, 337K)

How old is that Mr. Bing Bing Wahoo?

>can't run a popular arm linux distro
Useless

This is perfect, I can by 10 of these and have it run lakka or retroarch to play NES for the kids in the onco ward.

It's almost as if Europe consists of multiple countries with different school systems

Healthy people don't necessarily play videogames. Personally I think gaming is shit for you. If you spent those 14hrs/week on something productive you'd be much better off. This is probably bait, but just because you game with your friends doesn't mean you're "healthy." In all honesty, your friends are probably holding you back.

>crappy espressiv wifi chip with a microcontroller glued to it inside
>"personal computer"
Keyboard famiclones are cheaper to produce and would also fall under your definition of a computer

How much Jow Forums do healthy people use then?

>not even a WROVER
Cringe.

Worst of all, the composite and audio has all to be generated using software only, theres no dedicated gpu or dac

>can it do x?
>no? then it's not y! checkmate!
9/10 bait

>soldering micro usb and microsd
>fun
Masochist

> 5-bit PCM sound from I2S controller
> svideo/composite
> 1x mono audio jack
> can only run BASIC programs, no RISC assembler
pretty sad. not even worth $3.

There's no built-in screen, so it's still not as good as the ALL-IN-ONE COMPUTER FOR $5

Pretty based

Not even the 8bitboomer wants it

There's no hardware for composite or svideo

No one is selling this for $3 and no one ever will. I don't know what the fuck you're on about.

I have a free personal computer with shit like 8 gigs of ram and i5-4670 I found in the trash and I bet it can run basic too.
To be honest I've wanted to build this basic engine ever since I found out about this. Looks like a pretty cool idea.

These can't run either, stick to RPi if you want that

Not an argument.
Cringe.
Found the loner.
Depends on how you use it.
Not an argument.

Right. I don't play videogames with my friends so I'm a loner. Sound logic.

Attached: 1525808540529.jpg (448x373, 23K)

You don’t do anything with friends because you don’t have any.
You have people in life that merely tolerate your existence.
>inb4 hurrdurr projection
Not an argument.

Attached: 1554758712804.png (1000x1000, 168K)

Is this pasta?

I hope you pull through little buddy!

>basicengine.org/hardware.html
>Up to 120 kilobytes framebuffer memory
GOD DAMN this really *tingles* my boomer senses. Thats what? a 256x256 8bit indexed image would be 64KiB.

>internal blitter (block copy engine) for scrolling and tile graphics
yep im buying this *sips*

>Industrial temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
neat

That's 2 times more than C64 had for the entire system, lrn2code.

Tools required
If you have no equipment, these are the items you will need to obtain:

Soldering tools
Temperature-controlled soldering iron (recommended: generic 937D+ or similar device from eBay).

Heat gun (recommended: generic 858D+ or similar device from eBay).

Solder wire (0.5mm with rosin core).

A set of pointy-tipped tweezers. (You only need one, but they are cheap, and this way you can find out which style you like best.)

Reading glasses (if above 40).

>(if above 40)

By boomers, for boomers.

>it’s not a PC
it's a computer intended for personal use, therefore it is a PC.
your autistic fit has nothing to do with the matter

Frankly, I don't see the point of this.
If you want a nostalgia trip, it's pointless as it's not compatible with any existing system, all software has to be made from scratch.
If you want soldering practice, you can make something more useful and cooler looking.
If you want to learn BASIC, you can just use your existing PC, laptop or phone.
If you want to learn embedded programming, a pre-made AVR, ESP or STM32 board is a much better choice for the same price.

>Numbers are double-precision floating point.
Oh shit niggers what are you doing

For fun $3 you can treat like a 80s 8bit computer since it has a basic interpreter it boots in to.
You're over thinking it, its just a toy really.

but can it run crysis?

Would mean more if the powers that be hadn't seen to it that you need a cray supercomputer of the late 90s to browse faceberg.

If you already have proper soldering tools and required skills, you won't be interested in something this basic.
If you don't, your $3 computer becomes a $53 computer, and that's if you don't fuck it up on the first try.

Attached: 1486290732009.jpg (720x960, 74K)

It's not only $3 no matter what. Not even close.

>If you already have proper soldering tools and required skills, you won't be interested in something this basic.
Who dosn't? No really, fucking no one who would be interested in this or anything else embedded woulnd't have those already.

esp32 is so fucking shit and unreliable

Works for me lel
Have about half a dozen project boards with them, zero issues. Don't know what trash you've bought since mine were not expensive either (around $2-4 each)

I had to use all sorts of it at work, up to a £60 FiPy

shit tier platform the moment you try to do anything non-toy tier with it

Most I've been using mine baked in with Wifi (ESP8266 clones), been using them to make serial to wifi bridges for various old computers (currently working on trying to make a modem interface for classic Macs to get a network connection, did it for PCs, I just like old computers)
Curious, what were you doing with your SMT32 based boards?

Attached: 7439501ec4b23d6022db39d01241fe160e88587f.png (260x172, 44K)

The only use I can get out of this is to write some software in BASIC that I can't share with anyone else.

But why, if I can have an authentic 80s 8bit computer with

Thats exactly why it falls in to the category of "toy". Shit, the people who made it even probably just did it as a for fun project, I highly doubt they'll move many units since its so niche and cheap on top of that.
>But why, if I can have an authentic 80s 8bit computer with
Because those are increasingly getting more expensive, fragile, and rare(r). And this has some GIPO pins to fuck around on.

I didn't know you could OD on onions.

>Can it run games?
>Only losers who play
based retard

tell me more about this. i want some kind of permanent wearable device. it doesn't need to do augmented reality or stupid shit, but it does need to store data and accept keyboard/mouse.

T H R E E D O L L A R S

The hell is it good for, google searches and reading the first three sentences of the results?

Almost everyone spends free time in front of some entertainment device. What's wrong with some of it being games instead of passive zombie TV?

imagine being this retarded

That's the thing, people who are interested in actual embedded stuff and can solder something like this have little use for a BASIC machine.

From what I see they aren't even trying to sell any units, as they give you the schematics and a BOM and direct you to order everything yourself.

I've made a bunch of automation stuff with STM32 and Kinetis MCUs, most of that could've easily been done with ESP8266 or ESP32, it's just that ST and NXP chips are considered Real Industrial Stuff and Espressif is literally who.

>Healthy people play 1-2 hours of video games a day

Attached: 1550773795278.png (248x252, 78K)

Healthy people jerk off to loli doujins 1-2 times a day

a friend of mine is using wifi-enabled esp boards to create smart solutions for farms and another one is using lora-enabled esp boards in a mesh network in a project related to forest preservation

>wanting royalty ports
please die

>personal computer
>needing to edit photos and videos professionally

pick 1, faggot.
a PERSONAL COMPUTER does not need to do office work.

>Composite video only
>he doesn't know

Attached: mpv-shot0021.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

bump

>Real Industrial Stuff
social constuct

bump

hackaday.com/tag/rtl8710/

Bloat

Attached: 1553388675567.jpg (1920x1008, 125K)

>There’s also a dev kit for the device featuring breakouts, an additional microcontroller, and a few switches and buttons for about $15.
rejected

Put on your tripname, faggot. We know it's you.

based

esp32 is an amazing chip! very useful for electronics projects, robotics, honeypots, sniffers and more.
i'm definitely getting this

Wtf? You can get real pc for $9

Attached: Screenshot_20190410-072333.jpg (1080x2280, 671K)

3 PC for $3 VS 1 PC for $9
lolnot