Name a more anti-consumer industry

Name a more anti-consumer industry.

Attached: c05288858_1750x1285.jpg (1750x1285, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IaCfs5Xb-EI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tax collecting maybe? Fuck, user, there isn't one.

We got a Samsung laser printer a few years back, it worked for a month or two, then stopped printing, further tinkering lead to an ink explosion inside the printer.
Now it's just sitting there collecting dust with all the other printers that we got.
nothing else comes close to how Jewish the printer scheme is.

I forgot to mention, our neighbor gave us their old heavy duty office printer, works fine but it's a little finicky with false paper jams and paper size issues.
Other than that it's better than those nigger teir printers.

>Laser printer
>INK explosion

Attached: 1553320471777.png (2000x2000, 3.28M)

turns out printing is actually expensive. having instant access to hard copies any time you want is costly. welcome to reality, deal with it.

CPU industry without AMD

>buy hp laserjet 1200 series literally years ago
>probably more than ten, I don't know
>still works fine
>cartridge lasts super long
>send empty cartridge to 3rd party company for a refill and just a fraction of bucks
honestly, I can't really complain.

Attached: 1494456552138.gif (300x225, 426K)

Attached: united-main_0.jpg (1500x831, 153K)

My brother monochrome laser printer has been going like a champ for years.

If it does fuck up, I've got a 35 year old IBM dot matrix printer on standby.

Whatever happened to the paperless bureau?

Attached: grow_up.jpg (740x760, 56K)

Can we just expand it to consumer electronics?

Attached: gettyimages-621183326*750xx5143-2904-0-554.jpg (750x423, 42K)

Big tobacco

fucking inkjet cartridges say they need to be refilled when they're just under a third empty, fuck the printer industry

I have this boomer friend who owns a car body shop, he had this new setup to "get into the 21st century like the cool kids" and would call me every 3 weeks because his piece of crap Canon printer would refuse to work or send faxes, had it to the point he would purchase a new printer each time the former one broke because lot of not dying for Israel boomerbux at his disposal because too jew to buy that from his profits and me not being able to be there ASAP to fix his shit (tho the latter ones he got were barely serviceable, I ended smacking them until they worked again), I got fed up and told him "Stop buying Canon shit, they're made in Vietnam, your fallen comrades must be rolling in their graves. these pieces of shit are the Fiat/Chrysler of printers" got him a good ol Epson w/modded tint reservoirs, haven't had an issue in months. Still Epson is shit, but they're quite more serviceable and boomer-proof than any other brand. Also blame brother for all this shit

>printing is expensive
no you turbo nigger, paying out lawyers for setup a patent trolling scheme and fuck up the industry in the will of making a monopoly out of a ponzi-esque scheme is expensive, that's why we are stuck with this shit, also blame goes to the Brother company

Mobile gaming
What do i win?

I use a thermal printer most of the time. Its no good for images but text is nice and cheap. Paid £15 for a massive box of thermal paper a some years ago and haven't run out after printing a few times a week. The fact you don't have to print a whole page at once and tear wherever you are helps. It isn't as wide as a normal printer but that isn't really an issue most of the time.

I still dream of upgrading to a tractor feed printer at some point but I haven't ever been able to justify the cost.

Attached: tractorFeedPrinter.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

I live with someone who has that printer, since he's not tall enough, everytime he has to print something I have to go help him catch the paper.

Why doesn't he just move it lower down?

this is objectively fucked whoever wrote the firmware which standardised this practice across the entire industry deserves to have all their machines replaced with pencils. Then to earn the right to work force them all fight to the death over a drinky bird. Combine that with the fasct that this shit has being going on since at least the 80's

>thermal printer
lovely

At least they tell you that smoking is bad for you.

>implying that they choose to

woah, cool it with the antisemitism

Same, except it was like 15 years ago. I gave it to my parents when I picked up an HP CP2025 Color Laserjet back in like 2013 at an office sale for $75. They still use it. God, it's a great printer and so is what I replaced it with. I still haven't used up the original color stuff it came with. Just had to replace the black cartridge twice since I'm usually printing black and white.

The rise of being able to buy the recycled refilled toner cartridges for a quarter what they were a decade ago just makes it even better.

>You need to print three thousand pages of stuff?
>Sure, here's your twelve dollar cartridge with free shipping

Attached: Happy Tanaka.jpg (2560x1440, 169K)

How do you connect the dot matrix printer to a modern computer, do you have serial port to usb adapter?

Easy: pharmaceutical industry.

when are we going to get printers that don't use ink and instead just burn the paper or something? I'd be fine with black & white if I don't have to fall for the refill Jew again

I got a brother with a ink tank system and it's quite good.

>requires special paper
I'd rather have something that works with regular paper

Thermal printers have been a thing forever. Just about every shop receipt you've ever received? Thermal. Almost all fax machines? Thermal.

The big issue is the longevity of the print. Either it fades to nothing or the unprinted portions of the paper come to resemble the print itself if exposed to sunlight.

youtu.be/IaCfs5Xb-EI
Skip to 20 minutes in if you're strangely allergic to awesome /diy/ tv or short on free time.

Just overclock the heating elements then.

You may need to perform a few trials outside before you find the sweet spot.

Attached: cunning-plan-blackadder-quotes.jpg (500x364, 42K)

>"Turns out printing is expensive
Except it isn't you fucking airhead. Just like shaving razors and college textbooks, the printer industry is absolutely fucked. That is why you can an inkjet for ~$50 and then pay ~$70 for ink refills. The paper is cheap, the ink os super cheap, but there is an oligopoly keeping the prices from being even halfway decent.

At the prices HP asks for ink it'd literally be cheaper to print with blood.

On the flipside, you can scribble on thermal paper with your fingernails.

>Buy HP PSC1209 15 years ago from CompUSA for $80.
>went on sale next day for $40, went back to store and got difference refunded
>find expired ink cartridges at Goodwill for $2 each
>still works fine to this day

The ink in modern high resolution inkjet printers is actually far more sophisticated than you might imagine.

It has to withstand enormous pressure, many hundred thousand psi, and temperatures approaching that of the surface of the sun at the moment of injection. All this whilst maintaining strict colour fidelity and (ideally) not clogging the print head.

Cartridge design on consumer printers is beyond fucked, i'll give you that, but even high-volume commercial printers are not cheap to run and probably never will be in our lifetimes.

I got memed by Jow Forums and bought a used Brother laser printer from an office. Only like 10000 pages printed. It requires regular maintenance or it shits itself. Just recently the fucking fuser exploded inside the machine. Parts and toner aren't cheap either, even the non-OEM shit.
The software's really good though.

Attached: 1550048046645.jpg (1024x1053, 156K)

Entertainment and media.

/thread

loans, gaming, and cell phone providers

My family's Brother MFCJD40 is the best priner we've evee owned.The ink is nice and cheap

>Just recently the fucking fuser exploded inside the machine
get a surge protector you dumb ass

Can I even get one of these on ebay nowadays? All that turns up are receip printers here in Europe, but I'd love one of those for drafts

Look for a Brother Pocketjet.

he meant cancerous toner powder but same

Ink has a six gorillion percent markup

Is there a solution to this? my old Hp1000 still works but those faggots stopped support after XP so fuck them is my point... wtf do you guys do, go to kinkos?

Sophisticated or not, it's cheap to manufacture. They just sell that fluid at 50-100x markup.

Fuser not fuse dickhead.

Buy chink inks, they're the same quality but far cheaper.

vidya

Banking

It'd literally be cheaper to print with human blood rather than ink if you only need a b/w print.
Printers are literally on par with the wildest fantasies of anarcho capitalists.
There is no excuse for how shitty and expensive printers are. Look up any printer review. They fail within months, print is expensive out the ass, and the most pricey part of the printer is the anti jew contraptions so you can only use their cartridges which they sell at a literally six gorrillion % markup.

HPIDF

Intellectual property law and it's enforcement is infinitely worse.

>GFs work having a fire sale because they're getting all new office shit
>bought a jewlet Packard 4250n LaserJet for 5 whole american freedumbux
>Also a nice server cabinet for $15 but that's not important
>went online and bought some chink ink for like $35 good for because I figured it would probably be low on ink
>This was 4 years ago and it's still in the box on the shelf
>don't know if it had a fairly new cartridge but I've done at least 200 full pages, usually of spreadsheets with thick gridlines and text and the printer still says there's a shitload of ink left
>never had one single problem and the print quality is always excellent despite being made between 02 and 05 and probably being used constantly in an office environment
>If only it had a scanner bed it would be 11/10 fuckin perfect
Stop buying consumer grade bullfuck, buy business shit and it'll probably be the last one you every buy.

don't buy consumer printers then. they're made to fuck themselves and shit out as much ink as possible so they can ping HP and order more ink for you. I got an older brother printer (HL-2240) from some jew on craigslist and it works fine, CUPS setup took like 5 minutes. Plus you can get knockoff toner cartridges for like $5 on Amazon and print several thousand pages with it

Attached: 9wmVOWZ.gif (500x418, 885K)

Attached: 1535074017801.jpg (700x486, 36K)

Ink itself is cheap as fuck, idiot

Apple

Ask the sales and marketing people, they are the ones printing 400+ pages a day.

The printer indust-- wait, no

Wow you printed 200 pages on an INDUSTRIAL PRINTER. Tell me more about how that represents consumer printers that don't cost 2000€ you absolute fucking retard.

USB to parallel adapters work, and until Windows 10 it would just recognize and use an Epson LX-80 out of the box with no hunting for drivers. Now you have to get a driver and then it works.

Have the Chinese come out with any non-fucked (not planned to die right after at the warranty mark) printers?

I refill the cartridges myself. $5 a bottle vs $80 are cartridge.

Time moves on, technology advances, printers stay the fucking same and I wish paper were banned as unenvironmental.

Do people not know that printer ink can be purchased and used to refill cartridges?

Attached: 1457136662568.png (346x291, 11K)

>**Any** HP computer (including "consumer" shit)
>Can install Linux, *BSD

>Mac
>Can't install Linux/*BSD because of T2 chip
>Botched UEFI Secure Boot setup

Bitcoin miners

Attached: miner.png (487x342, 49K)

>get toner for 2.20 dollars
>sell it for 18 dollars in the store

t. work retail in slavland

ebooks
advertising (i.e. data collection)
Smartphones
IoT
Although they're really all the same industry

/po/ has a pretty cool thread on printers

People should really be smart enough to stay away from printers that are cheaper then the fucking cartridges that go in it.
its their own damn fault.

The industry at large is pretty fucked, but Epson's EcoTank models and various laser printers aren't too unfair, as far as I can tell.

> Only like 10000 pages printed
Printers are overall so shit that this is a pretty good quantity already.

I know quite many people whose inkjets fucked up at like 2000-4000 pages or so. And of course at that point the printer makers had discontinued the same model and ink tank compatibility again... usually with even smaller god damn ink tanks.

Use XP computer as print server

Only morons print their shit with ink
>muh colors
just go to your local graphics shop across the street to print your fancy shit - if you really need it so much. Faggots.

Holy shit

Thermal paper is toxic, and you're being constantly exposed to estrogens and carcinogens. Enjoy growing a uterus and then getting cancer of it

Mobile Market.

>"oy vey you've been using your printer for too long"
>"contact support to replace internal parts"
>can't print
>have to google solution and reset something to override it
>printer works perfectly fine for next few years

>set up a friend's and a cousin's printers with ink systems
"now, remember to use it to print whatever from time to time, cause i know you won't be doing the cleaning by yourself no matter what, remember print ANYTHING"
>they call me a few couple months later when it stops printing a color or something
"did you print something like i said?"
"...no? I didn't need to after that ONE TIME"
i lost count of how many times it happened, but i'm so glad i don't deal with stuff like that anymore

>Enjoy growing a uterus and then getting cancer of it
>finally become a magical girl
>die doing what you loved
that's a win-win in my book, faggot

Attached: 1545027558130.jpg (1042x1434, 222K)

That is seriously a win-win user. I bet you'd be a great magical girl before you die of cancer.

I know, right?

Attached: 10401.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

I'll go buy thermal paper too and become a magical cancer girl.

Attached: 1554402683803.png (640x768, 360K)

bicycles.
Ohhh boy its bicycles

Explain please. I just bought a bike years ago and that still works great. How are bikes worse than printers?

The oil in modern automotive engines is actually far more sophisticated than you might imagine.

It has to withstand enormous pressure, blablabla

Attached: 1544218904937.gif (501x585, 12K)

I got a 2 year old pic related on an auction for $50
Canon OEM toner costs under $100 and lasts for 40 000 pages.
Best deal of my life.

Attached: imagerunner-advance-c5240-c5235-color-copier-front-d.jpg (675x450, 26K)

This, slavlands are the best. The amount of 1020s 1102 and 2055s you could get for a bottle of vodka is staggering, and the toner cartridges are 2 dollary doos.
It's even cheaper if you buy bulk toner and refill it.

Attached: c02920588.png (474x356, 163K)

Well it depends. I am using a Samsung Laser from 2004 and it works perfectly fine after 100k pages. Only thing that had to be replaced was the pickup roller. Most people probably would have thrown it away because of that. For the past 7y or so I only use the cheapest refill/rebuild toners with it... this way a 3000 page toner is around 12€. Newer printers that probably can be expploited in such a way are many made by Brother. They kinda don't care about original toners and stuff.

Had a Samsung ML 1210 for almost 20 years now. Its fucking great.

As is everything else around our homes and work places.

There isn't much of an options in this society to fuck off to some clean air eutopia where everything is 'organic' and 'natural' and we can "live offa the fatta the lan'." until we die of a common flu or infection, plus people keep thermal receipts around them all the time anyway, so I'll take my chances.

t. zoomer
Printing used to be pretty affordable back in the 90s-early 2000s when printers were just dumb add-ons to computers and not designed for planned obsolescence.