AMD Ryzen 3rd gen CPU's

Will it be worth it to wait for the 3rd gen ryzen chips. I want to buy a ryzen 2600x, how much better will the 3rd gen version of this be. If you know anything about the 3rd gen chips please let me know.

Attached: ryzen.jpg (320x179, 11K)

when do 3rd gen launch?

The launch is like two months away or something like that, so just wait.

it will have twice as many cores (8c/16t) for the same price that the 2600X originally launched at, plus better single core performance that will likely match or beat Intel processors. not to mention better TDP and no spectre exploit.

AMD is literally doubling the core count again, 8c is now midrange mainstream, 16c will be new higher-end mainstream

Attached: AMD-Ryzen-3000-Singapore-Leak.jpg (757x586, 68K)

It will be another disappointment. Intel will launch 10nm and crunch AMD albeit at a 500W TDP.

I'm going to take the 3850x only if 5.1GHz is real

Twice as many cores as the 2600x is 12c though, that would be the 3700
Still gonna be balling but core count won't be doubled for the priced, "just" increased

There were 8-core 2600x's in the early batches. Unsure if the person you responded to was going based off of that.

Don't think so it was more an anecdote than real numbers for 8c 2600(x)

>ryzen 7 1700 for $100
or should I just buy a gen 3?

yes sir buy amd ryzen sir, amd is very good, i recommend amd ryzen greetings from mumbai

?

Ryzen 3 2300X for $90
Impressive

>even streetshitting pajeets will have a better pc then western basedfilled faggots for cheap
thats some next level cuckery

Attached: 1503694314850.jpg (750x911, 83K)

A 2300x is better than a 1700?

>8c/16t 4.8GHz boost for $258
I CAME

How much better is the 2600x compared to my i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz?
I think the large overclock is really keeping it relevant, but then again I never used a current-gen CPU.

single core performance wise. But 2300X is OEM anyway, you can't get it as a standalone part.

I don't think 2600X can clock that high - but I maybe wrong. IPC wise its slightly superior. Some say its Ivy Bridge / Haswell level - Userbenchmark says it depends but trade blows with Skylake. You're mostly paying for the increased performance per watt / core, increased security against the spectre shit, optimisations that Sandy wouldn't have. The extra performance for single core and IPC is just an extra, and im throwing numbers out there but its probably 10-20+ % differences. 10 for being conservative.

this is fake. There have been more "official" leaks that show Zen 2 will not double the core count, at least not on the 3,5 and 7 series

Alright, thanks. Thinking about upgrading because VR games have been getting more CPU intensive than regular games, and my i5 2500k is reaching like 80% CPU usage. I think once I upgrade my GPU, it will be the bottleneck, so I've been looking at the new CPUs to see if it's worth an upgrade.

>There have been more "official" leaks
postem

names and pricing are always arbitrary
those are not the details that would make a preliminary leak ¨fake¨

At this point you may as well go hexacore if you plan to do anything beyond just gaming at a mainstream resolution. Gaming + streaming, VR gaming or even playing fucking DRM loaded shit like Assassin's creed Odyssey / Origins without being bottlenecked to fuck even with a 4C/8T 7700K.

Not sure how VR games interacts with DX12 with it (DX12) being more multicore friendly than previous versions, but if you wanna play safer and/or thinking of streaming VR games then go for a 2700X / 9900K or wait for Ryzen 5 3rd gen.

>There have been more "official" leaks
>more "official" leaks
>"official" leaks

it sounds pretty dumb. i assume the benchmarks that found a 12c on userbenchmark could be fall in that category

Using all ov these graphics and artificial intelligence do you think engineers can build a virtual train that goeds from Russia to Canada?

Same, if it is actually overclockable on all core to 5.1ghz and I doubt it I'll get it

gven how we are hiting a performance wall don't expect more than 20 -25% uplift over the 2600x
with the same middrange cpu on the next ryzen.

Too good to be true. Ain't gonna happen

Quads confirm Ryzen 3rd gen is literal snake oil.
AMDrones BTFO

>believing super satan digits

>not buying a 1700 now for pennies

Attached: 1526605661543.png (524x753, 785K)

very nice

Attached: cap_American Psycho (2000) {2160p BluRay x265 10bit SDR DTS-HD MA TrueHD 7.1 Atmos}_01_06_48_05.jpg (3840x1600, 707K)

Well, if you can wait it out, do it.
Or buy a cheap ass cpu you can replace later and keep the mb/ram.
You don't want to feel dumb a few month from now.

S E V E N - N A N O M E T E R

Well, there's one thing we do know from what they showed of zen2, and that is, it won't need insane cooling for no reason.
And I'm all for that.

>it won't need insane cooling for no reason.
>And I'm all for that.
why are you such a luddite

you don't belogn here

Reminder that AMD didn't say anything about the single-core performance.
That's a red flag and likely means the i9-9900k will stay the king of single-core perf

>Cooling doesn't matter
add this to the list guys.