Chinese tech firms are throwing out applicants over the age of 30

This is fucking scary, I am already 26 and feel like I am 48 or something, what can one do once he reach 30? in this global environement, nigger employers have much larger pool of talented, younf, easy to be exploited in terms of pay and hours of work, and as technologies keep changing, nobody is really senior anymore, they can just lay off older people like dogs and get innocent cheap dogs again and again, this is fucking scary because I have seen ageism before my eyes and I know I am reaching there soon, fuck this industry

Attached: Screenshot Capture - 2019-04-09 - 19-47-31.png (750x498, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/the-download/611067/chinese-tech-firms-are-throwing-out-applicants-over-the-age-of-30/
usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/04/03/abortion-gun-laws-stand-your-ground-model-bills-conservatives-liberal-corporate-influence-lobbyists/3162173002/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

forgot the link
technologyreview.com/the-download/611067/chinese-tech-firms-are-throwing-out-applicants-over-the-age-of-30/

>chinese tech firms
Nobody cares. China doesn't give a fuck about its people and neither should you.

it's not just in China, ageism is pretty rampant in the west too

You would hope at 30 you made enough working in the tech industry that you don't care if you get ousted.

Unionize

You can make yourself look younger on a resume by shifting dates.

how much one needs to retire at 30 and he's expected to live until 90 or 100? you need at least couple of millions just to save half of them until you get sick in the last 3 decades of your life

Fine by me. Lets me stay unemployed/comfy.

Move to flyover land. Everyone is old as fuck there. But on the other hand, flyover land.

By 30 you're supposed to have at least 5 years of experience in the field so you really shouldn't be applying to the same jobs that recent college graduates with no work experience are applying for.

Alternatively, switch to a different field or career.

senior, team lead, architect, staff eng, these are all early 30s maximum jobs, by 35 if you don't go to some pure (((management))) job you're really fucked, this is fucking scary since I am still having little connections and I really can't survive this game-of-thrones kind of environment

the only thing to escape this shitshow is to start a successful business and you set your fucking rules and others have nothing but to obey

Doesn’t help people like me fresh out of the military after putting in 13 years. Particularly if you were in a trade with no civilian equivalent.

Military is a special circumstance, and with 13 years of service, you should have moved up in rank several times to the point where you have some "management experience". Also, in the US, your college gets paid for via the GI bill and you can have most of your healthcare needs taken care of at VA hospitals and clinics which should help you out tremendously compared to most recent college graduates who are in debt up to their eyeballs. I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world but in the US there are many employers who give veterans preferential treatment during the hiring process.

I’m in Canada. If you’re medically discharged you get 90% of your salary for two years and they pay for your schooling but you can only take a 2 year diploma program which is pretty much community college programs only. I do get priority hiring for any federal jobs once I’m done too. For any civilian companies though I’m not sure how much my military expierance would help in getting jobs. It’s the only job I’ve ever had so transitioning to civilian life has been stressful and scary.

not in my country, never held a job (with some exceptions as a waiter) but now that I'm older, almost 30, some recruiters are starting to call me to work as a programmer.

Attached: ur-spain.png (1396x583, 12K)

if you're not in management by 30 you brought it on yourself

>if you're not in management by 30 you brought it on yourself
if I have to go to management by 30 why did I waste 5 years of my life in engineering school in the first place?

to have a shot at being in management of course. did you really think you could do this forever? programmers are expensive and graduates are good enough. if you want to program better save up and create your own company.

Attached: g0eKXXxdJM.jpg (650x650, 51K)

>graduates
>good enough
Top fucking kek. They're all retarded.

hence shitty software
but cio couldn't give 2 shits as long as it works, could they?

kill yourself

>Unionize
So graduates are the ones having it harder to get a job?

u gonna be put out to pasture

I think 1.5 million plus a paid off house would allow me to survive off the interest

what interest? the real interest rate of a bank is 0% if not negative in times of inflation

everybody

I get 1% but yea, still doesn't keep up with inflation

This is a political issue.

At the risk of sounding like a leftist drone let me state the obvious : The system serves the interests of industry lobbies. Politicians are elected but once in office, they serve the interest of wealthy donors and lobbyists...which are often at odds with those of ordinary people.

Mainstream media is always a for-profit business and only reports on gay wedding cake makes, gun rights, transexual bathrooms but they rarely do any critical investigative reporting on corporate welfare, bailouts, political corruption. Why is nobody talking about the Panama papers but they talk endlessly about tranny bathrooms?

usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2019/04/03/abortion-gun-laws-stand-your-ground-model-bills-conservatives-liberal-corporate-influence-lobbyists/3162173002/

It's not all that grim, kid. I'm a 50-year-old freelance developer in Los Angeles. I stay as busy as I want and my hourly rate ranges from $80 to $125. Maybe there are problems with ageism in the 9-to-5 full-time job workplace, but as an independent contractor, I don't see it.

Attached: old-programmer-1024x682.jpg (1024x682, 158K)

Start your own company. Someone being older isn't a good reason for firing them so I'll have access to better talent.

when I will be 50 years old in 25 years things will be much harder, it's always getting harder and what makes it worse we are now living longer than older generations, how the fuck are we supposed to have enough money until we die naturally at 90 or 100?

money doesn't real, poncho

>Mainstream media is always a for-profit business and only reports on gay wedding cake makes, gun rights, transexual bathrooms but they rarely do any critical investigative reporting on corporate welfare, bailouts, political corruption. Why is nobody talking about the Panama papers but they talk endlessly about tranny bathrooms?
Why would international corporations talk about things that make international corporations look bad? 90% of US media is controlled by six corporations, and this isn't counting Google and Amazon. This makes the US one of the most diverse-opinioned country's in the world, as most countries only have one or two (in some sad cases like Scandinavian nations, a single Israeli family owns the entirety of their media) corporations that run 99% of their media.

It's really a hit or miss, I had many employers sherd my resume as soon as they knew I was in the military, others had all kind of preconceived ideas about me.

Have you looked into CBSA? Great normie Job, get "posted" only once.
Why did you get discrarged?

they keep dying of old age

Attached: wnw4rw2us0p21.jpg (1000x597, 61K)

>Applying for jobs in your 20s
"You need more experience."
>Applying for jobs in your 30s
"You're too old."

Well fuck me.

Given how chinks die from air pollution at age 35 the latest, this is not surprising. experience is not needed, they just copy everything from the west.

Attached: FULL OF JOY.png (1559x875, 2.09M)

The absolute state of Americucks holy fucking shit

Attached: 4tyweiwn6gl01.jpg (750x677, 69K)

>Boomers and GenX BTFO

It's China. You'll never work there. Not to mention it's them shooting themselves in the foot. Not my fucking problem whatsoever at all.

In the private US tech industry you need to be in middle/upper management or running your own company by the time you're 40. Except for a very small number of guru level experts, tech workers over 40 are unemployable. If older applicants try to apply for mid or lower level coding positions the resume will be discarded. Older applicants are not supposed to apply for jobs anyway. They are supposed to use their contacts and professional network they have built up over their working careers to gain employment.

if you're not shit, it won't matter what age you are. you'll have a job. i still see people in their 50s working in tech after 30 years. people just don't get rid of experienced employees in the west because muh ageism. and i really couldn't give a single fuck what happens in a communist country populated by a billion rice farmers that eat dogs for lunch.

>Older applicants are not supposed to apply for jobs anyway. They are supposed to use their contacts and professional network they have built up over their working careers to gain employment
t. fucking retard.

Surely you jest
>nobody anywhere ever can change careers
What are you 12?

at one point in Aus banks were offering lock in 8% interest rates

or just move on to academia

Attached: 1545811684407.gif (320x240, 3.77M)

You're so old you're gonna die soon!

Makes sense actually, you can pay some pimple faced fuck much less than someone older despite having the same number of years of experience, and you can mold them to your liking.

Get into the medical field, even medical IT. Things move really slowly here and experience and time on the job is highly respected and valued.

Let them. It's their problem.
While they make mistakes older programmers have already learned, they will fall behind.
In bigger projects, experience plays a big role. The hottest script kiddie is not always the best person for the job.

I'm graduating at 31 next month with a degree in CS and haven't had any problems getting interviews at FANG, I just leave all my previous work experience prior to starting my degree off my resume and they can't really tell if I'm 23 or what..

Then again, my degree is from a Canadian school in the top 25 for CS so YMMV

enjoy predatory capitalism

>Canadian school in the top 25
Bro we have like 30 universities

found the circumcized cickold

mate jews own all american media as well

Top 25 in the world for CS m8

just get the highest paying job you can and save up as much money as possible until you get fired.
then you can live off your savings for a few years while you build a business

Probably went to Waterloo, but that internship program can chew people up pretty hard so "interviewing" is only worth so much.

by 30 years old you should be out of the entry level tech fields and into more senior or management

>China

This is your problem

programmers are not expensive, they are a dime a dozen since programming has become easier

at age thirty? that's a bit fucking retard

regards,
not a fucking retard

man i tried that once and yeah things move so slowly that you will be golden if you want to stay in that field after 30

china
oh wow

jajaja fellow PeruANO

puff yeah, we already know that shit. Communism is the solution, thought.

Nice trick with the resume mate. Man I interviewed at Amazon few days ago and fucked it up so bad ugh.

>Why is nobody talking about the Panama papers but they talk endlessly about tranny bathrooms?
Because reactionaries, that's why, you dumbshit.

Fuck this is scary, live in the UK and I am disabled but had a rough life so I am going into university at age 26 years old, by the time I get out I will be 30 years old, am I fucked or should I attempt to start my own business?

flyover land is great. very peaceful and full of white people.

what a retarded pyramid scheme

You're probably not going to be hired by a company by then either way, be you old or not. In a few years, people are going to apply for services rather than jobs

Engineers in their 40s and 50s do not "apply" for jobs. What is so hard to understand about that? When you are senior level you make it known via your professional contacts that you are looking for new opportunities and the offers start rolling in.

Their loss. Start your own company.. Higher older experienced people who know how to get done properly and efficiently without making rookie mistakes. Run them out of business and profit.

yeah as if the land of 996 is a trendsetter for anything

>I'm going to be too old to stay being a code monkey
You become a consultant.
It's like being a teacher on the job to guys in their twenties who haven't a clue what they're doing.
Or else get a promotion that doesn't involve coding

Imagine being this adminant about being cucked by porky
The state of americucks

Attached: theguard.gif (600x450, 89K)

People who make management in their late twenties to early thirties don't want an older probably more wiser and experienced head under them.
They could very easily make you look bad.
A manager always wants to appear as the more knowledgeable and experienced than his subordinates.
So subcontractors, temps, and consultancy is the future of non management code monkeys in their thirties

>mfw I get hired just for being young
>mfw 30y/o boomers are seething
>mfw not even posting face
Enjoy your arthritis and bald spots, faggots.

WTF is 30 years old too old these days?

This. What we got here is a thread full of neets secretly hoping the current space of experts will just disappear so they can enter the industry without any resistance. Sorry, fuckos. You actually gotta be better than me if you want my job. Maybe try approaching your elders and respectfully requesting guidance if you want to improve your position.

>hired for being young.
so hows that McDonalds career going?

When I was in college, my mentor told me to take my time when writing a program, said the code will not be maintainable if I didn't. When I graduate, all my boss care is the development speed.

>senior developer jobs don't exist

Attached: 1517569537222.png (866x900, 95K)

based

I'm killing myself before 30 so

This isn't a tech issue is a legislative issue. Age discrimination laws & taking your age off a CV should be enough. But along with that salaries should be out in the open. Tech industry jobsworths are modern day miners. You will have companies taking advantage of youth (working long hours & low family responsibilities ) and ignorance of how much you are really worth. IE workers rights need to be codified and enforced

even though there are no flags on this board I somehow know your nationality

Don't reply to the dumb larper.

>management jobs
Fucking why? Three times the work for 1.5x the pay and you have to be designated tard wrangler. Even if you loved your job now 70% of your day is spent in meetings or managing other people

Why would you hire someone that is old that expects to be treated fairly and paid properly for his work when you can hire someone young that you can treat like shit?

age 40 and working at FANG

they are buying the West. What they do there will bleed over here sure as day

This post was so american it died of diabetes

Attached: 09tl3tbtx3q21.jpg (500x437, 40K)

China is basically one giant dystopian megacity

sweet dreams lenin

damn, bro, I have 16 days before I am 30. What caliber should I use?

Unironically a good thing. 30+ boomers should form their own companies instead of being an wagecuck.