What does Jow Forums thinks of serial experiment lain?

What does Jow Forums thinks of serial experiment lain?

Attached: 1554514697655.jpg (720x480, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

laingame.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=2Qslp1XY31Y
endlessesotericism.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/the-events-of-serial-experiments-lain/
nebulacentre.net/lain.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I go to MIT and we have a group of people who obsess with this show.

haven't had the time to watch the whole thing but seems pretty damn good so far

based and redpilled

Let's all love Lain

Attached: LainPrism4.gif (462x700, 45K)

Very nice.

It's a good show but don't think too much about it.
I like the vibe it gives.

Made for brainlets who think they are big IQ niggas.

Attached: Lain.png (365x332, 14K)

I'm glad someone made this as I just watched it for the first time last night, I enjoyed it but somethings are still a bit unclear.

Great show - annoying fanbase.
Brainlets from arisuchan/lainchan especially like to think their interpretations of it are smart. They aren't, and their takes are base af.

>MIT niggers on YOUR Jow Forums?
It's more likely than you think.

Anime is for faggots, autists and pedos.

Welcome home.

I thought that was Jow Forums.

You watched like 5 hours of TV in one sitting? Nigga what are you doing with your life.

Attached: Where_do_you_think_we_are.png (644x644, 936K)

Jow Forums is home of the maymays.

the fuck are you talking about, wouldn't even need the pee bottles if that was all I watched

Piece of shit, I'd tell you to kys but you're probably already depressed.

I'm busy all fucking day, nigger. Then I got a million trillion things I should be doing.

Attached: 1514770829378.jpg (1200x675, 117K)

It was a good experiment. I think the point for the creators was to make something that lets everyone create their own narrative about what is going on.

And that's why you're on Jow Forums, shitposting in a thread about Serial Experiments Lain, right?

that what you're doing on Jow Forums?

> Present day
lol

> Present time
lmao

>and you don't seem to understand

Great show, very a e s t h e t i c.

>a shame you seemed an honest man

>and all the fears you hold so dear.

I finished last night I should say. It was over the course of two days. Anyway so did human lain exist first? Or no like 'God' said? Or was she real and went crazy from going in the wired? Was there actual other lains or just her being crazy? Who was sending the chips to her? If she could delete memories why'd she have to "delete" herself? Also so that means wired and real world were one in the same? And what did the knights even do? The video game? What purpose did that have? If her family wasn't real who sent them, God? How did she surpass 'god' then? Why did the chisa girl kill herself? It was fun but kinda of spotty with jumping around and being ambiguous. Maybe my subtitles weren't accurate enough. Pls no bully me I want to understand more.

I've only watched a few episodes, didn't like how slow it was but I agree, it's extremely aesthetic

laingame.net/

Watched it when I was a teenager but didn’t understand any of it

Thanks. Any benefit to running the psx version over using the website version?

Same, I should give it another try.

I am up to ep 7. So far, so good

Attached: Get out of g.png (1000x1000, 156K)

We should sing it like /a/ has sung ELO's Twilight. To put a technological twist on it, maybe with synthesized or NN-generated voices.

No, pretty much a replica of the PSX version, interface and all.

same.

It's been a while since I watched, but was he our guy?

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Serial_Experiments_Lain_01_(1008x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)_[F0EF8AF8]_00:16:32.949.jpg (1008x720, 99K)

yikes

didn't understand it well when i first seen it,i'll watch it again sometime, it was pretty comfy regardless

Was honestly one of the most boring anime I've ever watched, I thought something cool would happen at the end at least because of retards making it seem like a epic psychological beast, but was boring to the end and it honestly was so boring I deleted my torrents of Texhnolyze and Haibane Renmei because I heard they were similar

Also, the sound design was pretty good though because I'm a fan of weird drone atmospheric stuff

Get out of here potential glow in the dark.

>I go to MIT
nice larp

I think it is an anime with references and inspiration derived from a rabbit hole of esoteric philosophies concerning the planet-wide biological and technological connections between human beings.

It is also very well made.

Attached: 1542122388794.gif (255x480, 2.53M)

Haibane Renmei is pure kino

>and you don't seem to understand
>the pain I go as a Jow Forumsentooman
>all the tech you hold so dear
>will turn to flame fuel on this board

Anything by Yoshitoshi ABe is based and redpilled.

Let's all love Lain!

Attached: photo_2019-04-10_11-43-24.jpg (1000x1000, 93K)

YOU COULD HAVE BEEN ALL I WANTED
BUT YOU WEREN'T HONEST
NOW GET IN THE GROUND

I agree. Whenever I see discussion of the show it's always "this meant that", like your own interpretation of a very metaphorical show is the right one. I think the creators likely had one interpretation, but left it open enough that you can have 10 completely different explanations and they all make sense.

Huh now that you say it, I don't think there's been a Jow Forums sings yet.
I guess it couldn't be worse than the one Jow Forums did for Don't stop me now.

src=?

>will turn to whisper in your ear

SEL is to Jow Forums what Initial D is to /o/

youtube.com/watch?v=2Qslp1XY31Y
I have the mp3 somewhere but couldn't find it.

ackshually we should start with the free software song

gf tits or gtfo

>If her family wasn't real who sent them, God? How did she surpass 'god' then?
god concept in this show is not the god who creates the universe
what they meant as god is someone who could affect reality like lain
>Was there actual other lains or just her being crazy?
my understanding is that she was an AI, her (fake) family is a part of some kind organization and lain herself is some kind of guinea pig
>If she could delete memories why'd she have to "delete" herself?
she didn't delete herself, she simply wanted everyone to forget that she ever existed, because she thought that her existense causes a bad thing, like what she did to arisu and to prevent some bad guys from wanting her power or someshit
>Who was sending the chips to her?
probably the same organization her family involved
>Also so that means wired and real world were one in the same?
it wasn't merged until some scientists found out about a way to merge irl with the wired
>And what did the knights even do?
hacking the wired to cause some shit in real life, since the wired and real life are merged, whatever you did in the wired affects real life
iirc the shit the knights did was the cause of lain's sister disappearance
>Why did the chisa girl kill herself?
so she can enter the wired, like what eiri did

what kind of anime do you like user?
I think lain, tex, etc are not your cup of coffee

endlessesotericism.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/the-events-of-serial-experiments-lain/
Did you ever check this out? There's a different interpretation that I like more, but this one goes into more detail and recaps, which is good.

I only have gf (male)

It's ok, but it's more about >muh feelings than technology or anything else.

It's good, almost rivals Rick and Morty. I, as a high IQ individual enjoyed it.

Liked it but it was also so sad I swore to never watch it again because I feared it would lead me to suicide. Almost rewatched it a few years ago while I was depressed.
Now it's on my NAS, maybe I should delete it.

Some good parts, especially in the beginning, but overall mediocre.

Good idea!

Attached: top gnu.jpg (700x519, 74K)

Sounds like Jow Forums.

>all those scenes with static and telephone lines and shadows
ZZZZZ

Attached: sleep.jpg (271x186, 7K)

> tfw I made sure I was sleepy every time I put it on last time I watched it
It gets trippy if you watch that stuff with a loose mind.

i have youtube lets plays of roguelikes for my sleep disorders

I get Stranger Things vibes from it.

Jow Forums af

>watching Strange Garbages
literally and unironically kill you're self

hi, plebbit

Become an hero.

everyone is always connected

If I cut off that ethernet cable, will you die?

it would be extremely painful

In July 4th, 1947, a strange aircraft had crashed in the desert in New Mexico, America. The area was contained at once by government agents. What it actually was has yet to be proven conclusively. For now, conjecture has become fact, and rumour has become history.

In 1984, an envelope arrived at the home of TV producer Jaime Shandera. The envelope, from an anonymous source, contained a roll of undeveloped film. The film contained what has now come to be known as the MJ-12 document.

Roscoe Hillenkoetter, Head of the CIA at the time of the Roswell incident, was at the top of the list of twelve members. It is stated that these signed a secret treaty with extra-terrestrials from the spacecraft as a special organisation answerable only to the President. It is now accepted that President Truman’s signature was in fact a forgery, copied carefully from another document without his knowledge. Named as a member on the MJ-12 document was an MIT professor: head of the department of electrical engineering, Vannevar Bush.

In 1945 Vannevar Bush developed a memory expansion concept called MEMEX. It was a system whereby information recorded on microfilm was then projected directly onto a translucent screen. What he envisioned was the compression and rapid access of information. Even before the advent of computers, Vannevar Bush had already created the basis for our current multimedia explosion, while at the same time he was leading the Manhattan Project atom bomb experiments.

Conducting sensory deprivation experiments using a variety of techniques, such as native American narcotics and isolation tanks to probe the depths of the human unconscious, John C. Lilly believed his experiments connected him to cosmic entities by way of a baud-based communication network. Lilly dubbed the beings that were guiding him ECCO: Earth Coincidence Control Office. Soon afterwards, Lilly began work on communication with dolphins. These dolphins are incredible creatures which are able to conduct an array of wide range networking exercises via ultrasonic waves.

Ted Nelson, a scientist, who studied under the two called pioneers Vannevar Bush and John C. Lilly, expanded on their theories. He proposed a giant electronic library in satellites in stationary orbit, which could be used at any terminal on Earth via radio and telephone lines. He called this daring concept, that would make an interactive global database a reality, Xanadu, after the mythical country. Also known as the Mongolian utopia, where all written cultures would be forever preserved and live on for all eternity: this was Xanadu. And so it was the innovative concept called hypertext that would finally make it a reality. And Ted Nelson’s name would go down in history as its esteemed originator.

The Earth, while orbiting the Sun, has its own specific electromagnetic waves. Between the ionosphere and the Earth’s surface, there is a constant resonance at a frequency of 8Hz in the ELF band range of frequencies. This is called the Schumann resonance. However, the extent of the effect on human subjects of these Earth brain-waves that the Earth constantly gives off is impossible to quantify and remains a mystery.

The human population of the Earth is approaching that of the number of neurons in the brain. Douglas Rushkoff proposes that the consciousness of the Earth itself might be awakened when all humans on Earth become collectively networked and resonate at the same frequency. The evolution of the network would follow a neural model path. And just as neurons within the human brain are connected by synapses, the Earth itself would become a single neural network.

>The human population of the Earth is approaching that of the number of neurons in the brain
There are 7.5 billion neurons in the brain?

actually I did a rewatch using that explanation
everything makes more sense compared to first watch

> We all love Lain
nebulacentre.net/lain.html

trippy show
fanbase full of trannies and skiddies

>trannies
no

yo buy my a six pack from trillium

stay mad tranny

anyone can enjoy lain without being tranny

in the past yeah

so you admit that you're tranny?

the last time i watched sel was before the trannies latched onto it fyi
your english is fuckawful, you sound like a pajeet

This is 4channel. Still an anime website, but not the same.

and you sound like a nigger

being black is many steps above being an emasculated faggot

t. nigger faggot

pidoras