Is this leak BS?

Should i wait for a cheap 8 core or call it BS and just get r5-2600 now?

8 cores is really future proof for gaming so i dont know...

Attached: Zen 2.jpg (1074x698, 175K)

I think the only think that's blatantly wrong about it is the pricing. It's just straight up "too good to be true" territory.

So is it still very likely for 3600 to have 8 cores?
Is it worth paying a little more for it for gaming futureproofing?

I think a bump in core count is very likely, yes. The shrink and the chiplet design should facilitate this.
I do think it's worth paying bit extra for something will age better, yes. For example, I'm waiting for zen 2 myself on my i5 4690. I definitely regret not saving a little extra and getting the i7 4790. Whether or not you should wait I think will also depend on how desperately you need the upgrade. If what you're using right now is simply untenable, ryzen 2000 is far from bad.

i'm looking to build a gamer pc after i sold my last one 1 year ago.

OK, so do you need to play games now or can you wait a few more months? Only you can answer that.

>b-b-but the price !
Incel drones are traumatized by this.

guess i can wait...but the 8 core thing on 3600 is sure thing though right?

What incentive do amd have to undercut intel by THAT much? They've specifically told their investors that they'll be improving their margins.
Assuming that the processor we saw demonstrated at CES was the 3600X, do you really think amd will release a processor that outperforms like the 9900k for half the price? It'll be cheaper by a good margin, but not half. You're a naive retard if you think otherwise.
>incel drone
zero surprise you're slinging generic insults and didn't make a single argument for why I'm wrong.

Pretty much this.

Prices might be slightly higher (but still good compared to what Intel has to offer). Frequencies might also slightly vary from the leak, but not too much. That's what I expect from Zen 2.

>What incentive do amd have to undercut intel by THAT much? They've specifically told their investors that they'll be improving their margins.

Intel has/had retarded high profit margin due to lack of competition. Nvidia currently does the same thing with their RTX series. These high prices are NOT the norm, but pure price gauging. If anything, this is a return to the norm, at least in the CPU front.

I hope they push the R3 line to 6c. That will be a game changer.

The clocks will definitely be higher considering they were using GloFo's low power process (they'll be using TSMC's high performance process). Not sure about the core counts but it'll slaughter Intel at every level thanks to 7nm.

>These high prices are NOT the norm
I beg to differ. The trend of high pricing on luxury electronic consumer goods rings true through the entire industry right now, and applies in many others too.
It's just too drastic of a price/performance change for me to believe it. What makes you think that amd don't want a bite of those tasty high margins? They're a corporation, not your friend. If intel have normalised it, amd can partake in them without receiving any ire because they're still the better value brand.
I think the R5 3600X, assuming it is a 8c/16t part, will be closer to $300 or more. Sub $250 for a 9900k would be ridiculous. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't think I am. AMD can sell a metric fuckton of them without resorting to such aggressive pricing.

See your first reply. As I said, you're still traumatized by Incel's ridiculously high prices and it's the only thing you ever think about, you have to wake up, faggot. The future is here.

Uh have you forgotten the original zen launch? It went up against Intels HEDT 8c cpu, that was $800-1000.

At this point though, prices will be higher than the leak. Probably just because you retards went off spouting it's too good to be true. Amd will take that as a cue. And it's funny because those in the media saying this is too good to be true will still shill Intel.

>assuming AMD will try to undercut Intel after seeing Radeon 7's pricing

Attached: 1554873596886.jpg (500x602, 41K)

RVII is a move of reassurance more than anything else, selling it cheaper would mean them being sold at a loss, HBM2 and that large of a 7nm die is really expensive.
A Navi with similar performance will be far cheaper.

Wrong.

>3300G, 3600G
Don't people realise the Ryzen Mobile 3000 series are already on sale? Current desktop APUs (2400G etc) are based on the laptop 2000 series APUs. Same thing will happen this year. 7nm APU with Zen2 and Navi is at least a year away since it will release on laptops (or PS5/Xbox) first. The fact that this "leak" shows those 3300G and 3600G, plus those dates, invalidates everything else it says. AMD already said they will talk about desktop Ryzen 3000 at Computex.

>8 cores, gaming, future proof
If you can wait until June/July, then wait. Otherwise the Ryzen 2600 is more than good enough. Your graphics card is more important. By the time the 2600 is too slow for you, Ryzen 4000 and 5000 series will already be in the market

Attached: no.jpg (612x396, 29K)

The chart isn't right but it's probably not far off. The prices a nd core counts are probably cost erect or close. The mainstream highend has been around 300 for a while now and both the 1800x and 9900k have shown halo parts at 500ish. It's not that the 8core is faster than the 9900k for less than half the price but that amds highest end part is going to hit the highest possible non hedt price points and the 12 core and 8 core parts just slot into the list below it.
Plus it's missing the 65w 12 and 16 core parts, I want 16 3ghz cores that can be cooled for nothing.
It also dates the apus as the end of 2019 as well, which is in similar cadence to the previous mobile ryzens. I don't believe them very much either, unless there's some wierd skus with direct memory (cheap non interposed hbm) then the extra graphics cus are going to be wasted on the desktop ddr4 limit.

No comment on the validity of the leak but at this point with Computex so close I'd rather wait and see personally.

>with Computex so close
AIB partners for AMD will be fully briefed of final speccs and such around the end of April, so expect a plethora of leaks

>What incentive do amd have to undercut intel by THAT much
Volumes.
>They've specifically told their investors that they'll be improving their margins.
Guess what Rome does.

bros I'm fucking dying
release this shit already

Attached: 1511700736489.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>6core 65w
no

Wait for Zen2 to come out, snag a cheaper 2700x

Guys I'm poor and I've been using an fx 6300 for a while now so I want to upgrade. I'm waiting till July but in case the ryzen 3000 is not as good/cheap as everyone is expecting it to be will I be fine with a r5 1600?

HBM2 isn't cheap.

if you're actually poor get a xeon E5645/49, if you're in europe there's msi x58 boards for 60€ on ebay

It's fake.

If course it is, retard. AMD is trying to be competitive, but they aren't good will.

This fell apart the moment CES ended. No announcement of the SKUs and Navi.
Second, AMD confirmed there won't be chiplet APUs this generation.
Third, we've seen benchmarks for quad core Ryzen 3000 CPUs in the past weeks.
Fourth, we have not seen a single benchmark for a 6 core CPU.
What we'll get is this:
Ryzen 3 - 4 cores
Ryzen 5 - 6 cores
Ryzen 7 - 8 cores
Ryzen 9 - 12 cores
All priced at around/a little bit over the MSRP of Ryzen 2000.
Does it mean why won't get a 16 core CPU? No. But it's highly unlike to be released together with the rest.

>Fourth, we have not seen a single benchmark for a 16 core CPU.
Fixed. My bad.

>They've specifically told their investors that they'll be improving their margins.
Increased margins do not require increased prices.
That's where the unified chiplet design they're using comes into play. If everything but the APUs use the same CPU chiplets with offloaded IO dies, including consoles, they create a system where their loss rate on chip production has to be in the single digits of percent. That's a massive improvement in manufacturing efficiency over previous monolithic chip designs by orders of magnitude. That leads to far lower manufacturing costs, which leads to increased margins at the same prices to the consumer.

>assuming AMD will try to undercut Intel after seeing Radeon 7's pricing
>RVII is a move of reassurance more than anything else, selling it cheaper would mean them being sold at a loss, HBM2 and that large of a 7nm die is really expensive.
VII is just a way of recouping costs in manufacturing MI60 and keeping mindshare for the brand.

I want this to be real so I can finally upgrade my PC. But I also want it to be fake just to see that adoredtv guy crash and burn.

And the entire amd subreddit.

This. But just fucking imagine the salt if the pricing was true. Israel would go bankrupt overnight.