It's perfect

it's perfect

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-09 21-33-47.png (1920x1080, 830K)

Other urls found in this thread:

debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There is something about GTK that just looks like trash.

Post feet

You are NOT allowed to switch windows and launch applications like in the screenshot. It hurts our brand. In future support for this extension among all others will be removed and met with legal action.

- GNOME Team Interface Logo Drawings Diversity Technical Engineer

>satire based on nothing

Attached: 1538693359578.png (713x809, 81K)

That's exactly how I feel about QT.

newfag

qt5 looks flawless

>qt5 looks flawless
Looks like shit, the spacing is all weird and fucked up, there's no contrast, everything it too round and small. Makes QT4 look like a master-piece.

KDE hasn't looked good since KDE3.

the being trash part?
you should get your eyes checked

>Gnome
No, it's not.

what the fuck are you talking about? gtk looks like garbage with no polish.

Sure you retard.

Attached: Screenshot_20190410_012514.png (1366x768, 249K)

>That theme
>that chunk
I bet you think Windows 7 looked good.

Good thing you can change it very easily and not have to install 60 extensions to do so.

Me too, user. Me too.

come back when you install debian and dwm

debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/

with all my respect to Qt this post looks like an anti-advertisement against KDE.

why would you pair DWM with the most bloated and disgusting tranny distro?

What does GNOME use as a compositor?

I used Ubuntu by default and Ubuntu MATE and perhaps it's MATE being simplistic or whatever but it does run better with Compiz on my system to where there's no stutter, no tearing, nothing weird.

KDE is perhaps too heavy for an RX 570, I haven't managed to get that running smoothly at all.

Were you going to post a screenshot to prove him wrong or did you just pick the wrong one?

I use LMMS, gimp and other packages you virgin.

how much ram does it use?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-04-09 17:26:02.png (1366x768, 519K)

>rx570
KDE runs fine on an intel iGPU, buttery smooth. Did you set the compositor to opengl which is the default but maybe something went wrong?

>KDE is perhaps too heavy
I wouldn't say so. I used it on a 5870 just fine, and then a GTX 780, with all the fancy animations and compositor. It's been smoother than Windows and most DEs.

I tried every fucking thing. I tried both versions of opengl, I tried enabling tearfree, I tried using vblank_mode=1 instead, I tried disabling and enabling triple buffering, I don't know what else. I think it's already too much trouble to make something like this work without a hitch. I'm pretty sure the problem comes with KWin. I tried on Manjaro KDE as well to make sure but yeah, got no better results.

Pretty much all those complaints are adjustable, though. You can make things big, more contrast-y, square, etc.

The good thing about QT and KDE is that almost everything can be adjusted to your preferences.

Gnome uses Mutter, which has a lot of infamous problems. For example, it is entirely singlethreaded. It is also hardlocked to 60 fps. In my experience KDE is the only distro that handles high refresh rates and fluidity well. So I've stuck with it on my desktop.

Attached: Screenshot_20190410_041553.png (2560x1440, 1.94M)

there is literally nothing perfect about gnu/Linux

-ly homosexual

why can't linux audio applications make a nice interface? just use a simpler theme with some nice colors, it's not that hard...
both the websites for lmms and ardour look fine I have no idea why the actual applications look so shit

That might explain why GNOME stutters frequently on my end. I still don't get the KDE thing, dunno if it might be drivers or what exactly but I'm dragging windows at a very low framerate and seems quite choppy. Scrolling through websites is even worse.

It did

Did you actually install it on bare metal? I see too many people complain about performance in a live environment. What does the CPU and GPU usage look like when dragging windows, for example? Did you try a newer kernel and amdgpu-pro?

No idea. Lots of people have issues with Kwin and from what I understand the maintainers are scared of the code. It works perfectly on my end, should work perfectly on yours, but it doesn't probably because of something retarded. Can't really help you other than pointing you to the Arch wiki and maybe there's something about a setting that'll fix you for it. Usually triple buffering sounds like it should be able to help you there - you can try enabling it in both the xorg driver for amd, or just using the Kwin setting.

export KWIN_TRIPLE_BUFFER=1
into /etc/profile.d/kwin.sh

That being said you probably already tried this given your previous post. What's weird is that it's usually Nvidia that makes KDE a pain in the butt, not AMD.

Yep, installed it. Didn't check usage but I tried updating to kernel 5.0.3. I guess I should try amdgpu-pro

Already did that. With triple buffering disabled the stuttering is still there with scrolling but not as severe.