/spg/ - Smartphone General

Oppo Reno Edition
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/4/10/18304271/oppo-reno-10x-zoom-camera-announced-specs-price

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oppo_reno_series.jpg (804x742, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9642&idPhone2=9403&idPhone3=9155#*,hry-lx1,*
oukitel.fi/products/oukitel-wp2-ip68-suojattu-puhelin
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-3-28.49842/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CHINKED
well yeah no one buys chinkshit for the cameras.

Really though I'm gonna man up and buy the Pixel 3 when it's discounted further. I want front firing speakers for when I'm showering or gymceling, the cameras are top tier and the software is nice. Plus it's a small-ish phone with no retarded edge display.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9642&idPhone2=9403&idPhone3=9155#*,hry-lx1,*
which one,Jow Forums?
i'm gonna use it for calls and mobage playing

Attached: 1549748317152.jpg (3840x2400, 930K)

Yeah great, how do you explain the P30 Pro then? Also, Snapchat has some issues with using the correct camera APIs on Android, so that's most likely than not the real issue here.

they're all shit

>mobage
>on exynos
>on kirin

You do know these gookshit games only ever acknowledge and optimize for Apple and Qualcomm chipsets?

I JUST WANT A NICE CHEAP UNDER £200 POUNDS PHONE BUT ALL OF THE PHONES THIS PIECE OF SHIT GENERAL RECS ARE 300 AND PLUS. THERE ARE ACTUAL POOR FAGS ARE WE TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING WITHOUT SPENDING AND WE HAVE TO MANGE WITH THE THINGS WE HAVE. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1552675551296.jpg (480x480, 64K)

Redmi Note 7 is £190

>chinese shit
Might as well give the commies your anus

i believe that some chink phones have great camera.
as said, main camera is very good, but the front is questionably bad

Is the KEY2 Jow Forums recommended?

Attached: ACF98F64-29BA-42B4-9653-ED9DDED35B72.jpg (1600x1200, 251K)

REDMEME NOTE 7. IT WAS SHILLED LAST THREAD, IT WAS SHILLED ENTIRE LAST MONTH, IT WILL BE SHILLED THIS ENTIRE YEAR UNTIL XIAOMI SHITS OUT A NEW ONE. And then we'll gladly shill you that one instead.

Attached: 1509044210040.png (546x700, 322K)

remember when oneplus used to be shilled? Now its mi notes and pocomemes.
Are people really paid to shill the phones here? I'd want to join but it be scummy

Attached: 1545000339902.jpg (900x1200, 238K)

>complaining about giving your ass to someone when being recommended one of the most developer friendly manufacturers
I see you know what you're talking about.

user, who posted this i should of just saved up.
i'm a legit brainlet

Attached: 1551549884848.jpg (280x233, 14K)

It couldn't be that people are no longer willing to spend almost $1000 on phones, could it? No, that never happens. Everyone and anyone is a paid shill and on Jow Forums of all places.

I'd support china over the US any day.
The US is the root of all evil in today's world.

>phones that are good value for money are recommended more than ones that aren't
WOW REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

>watercolor
>beauty filters
ok bro.
legit but still.

You mean Israel right
because the US is just a vassal state of Israel. I thought the Jews had a bone to pick with white Christians, not the whole damn world. They pozz everything up.

>watercolor
>beauty filters
>ok bro.
W-what?!

ShitPlus/(Oppo) Surplus/Chinkplus phones don't retail for that much here. The OP7 goes for $600 and the OP7T goes for $650 respectively.

after a while of looking i've decided on a xiaomi mi 8. only problem i'm having is trying to understand the practical differences between the chinese version with global rom and true global versions.
burger btw if it matters

Attached: 1540387744009.jpg (950x475, 372K)

>The OP7 goes for $600 and the OP7T goes for $650 respectivel
Oh God, you're back with this shit again...

answer pls

yes, Mi Pad 4 or 4 Plus

MiShit obviously.

thanks

I don't have other options do I, if I want ebin cameras and front firing speakers in a small sized phone?

>single-handedly destroys a major technology company with incompetent and irrelevant phones

>*psssh* nothin personnel kid

Seriously though, what the FUCK were they thinking?

Attached: 15616.jpg (1095x567, 137K)

All of this seems interesting so bump.
Also got this brick as my personal phone and work.
oukitel.fi/products/oukitel-wp2-ip68-suojattu-puhelin

Attached: 29561-141980-thickbox.jpg (600x600, 53K)

>Seriously though, what the FUCK were they thinking?
They aren't thinking at all. They should just end it all at this point. Same with Sony and LG really.

I have an OG Pixel with Magisk and Franco Kernel from a few months ago. What's the most seamless way to update everything without losing all of my data?

He referred to the way Chinese phones process images, with very heavy noise reduction that results in a "watercolour" looking effect when you zoom into the image.
Check the LTE bands, global version has more of them so it is compatible with more network carriers.

Want one plus 5t or 6t is it worth waiting until the 7 drops for a price drop?

The level of incompetence is actually astounding. All they had to do was release a 5-5.5" IPS LCD with 4k battery, hp jack, sd 845/855, and no notch -- preferably with some sleek design.

instead all we get is shit.

My S7 exynos went from boot looping to (following a wipe) booting into the language selection screen. Then it immediately shut down and now no lights, no charge indicator... outside warranty... I'm so sad

What cheap phone should I buy? I'm considering a refurbished Pixel 1 XL.

Zero innovation
they're stuck in 2013

>I don't have other options do I, if I want ebin cameras and front firing speakers in a small sized phone?
Only Pixel 2 and 3. Sony's XZ1 and XZ2 Compact also have the front firing speakers but the cameras are nowhere near as good.

They stopped selling the Xperias in my country so I guess I'll go with the botnet.

there is no price drop with OnePlus phones after the new model comes out

I don't mean directly from the company, but even after the 7 was announced the 5t dropped $50.

Is a oled screen worth paying 150$ for? Never had one and im deciding between two phones wich only difference that matter to me is 64 GB storage and ips screen and 128 GB storage and oled screen. The memory can be expanded with SD cards on both so no big deal.

Should I buy the 6T now or wait for the oneplus 7?

Mi8 Chinese version and Global version have no difference in LTE bands. The only practical difference is that on the Chinese version the bootloader needs to be unlocked to flash Global MIUI ROM, you *cannot* relock the bootloader while Global MIUI is installed or the phone will brick itself. Having the bootloader unlocked might affect apps that rely on SafetyNet such as Google Pay,banking apps or streaming apps, if that's an issue you should flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM which passes SafetyNet checks even with an unlocked bootloader.

>have iPhone 7
>thing is kind a shit at this point
>2.5 yrs old
>want new phone

What phone would you recommend? I’m on Verizon.

>there is no price drop with OnePlus phones
Not always, OP6 was on sale $100 off on Oneplus's own website after OP6T launched.

At this point of the year you might as well wait, OP7 launch is not that far away.

Thanks

What were they thinking? Are they literally recycling surplus Oppo screens? The design is ugly as shit. Even the S9 phones looked better

Attached: 1554834363765.jpg (1438x958, 181K)

Depends on whether one of those phones is a Xiaomi or a Oneplus.

Pixel 3, Galaxy S10e or wait for OP7. Remember you can trade in your iPhone to get the phones cheaper.

Sad. My first ever smart phone was a htc hd2.
Windows phone but you could install Android on it and I used it for years like that with frequent cyanogen room updates.

oneplus is just rebranded oppo for basedboys anyway

perfect answer thank you. I actually didnt even want to use miui so this is fine.
if install like lineage or something there's basically no appreciable difference if i understand correctly right?

When will the curved edge screen meme die. Sure makes your phone look cool but when you're watching a video or or playing a game the screen distortion at the edges is distracting as fuck. Just like the notches and the pin hole.

Samsung note 9

yeah, the hardware is the same.

Super curved edges just look stupid. Don't they lose pixels by making the display's corners curved instead of squareish?

Why do most phones have just one stupid speaker at the bottom? What happened to dual speakers?

Samsung Galaxy Event Livestream Bred

Yes but the rounded corners of the glass at least have the trade-off benefit of less likely to shatter the screen if dropped on the corner.

thanks alot

Got a mix2s. Is there a xiaomi.eu miui rom? Or are they all the same? If the xiaomi.eu rom is different, how so?
Cause my mix is already in english and global. But on my last xiaomi I used the eu rom

One is the redmi note 7 and the other one is the galaxy a50.

Then the Redmi obviously

Thanks friend. Ill get the Note 7.

if you wanna save your battery and avoid burnins, go ips. oled is only worth it if you have universal HDR like the Rog phone.

Does a phone being 5G drains the battery? I am tempted to wait for the Mi Mix 3 5G because its small size, massive battery, and more efficient processor for some god tier battery life, but I'm concerned about the newness of 5G.

I can't find any research or videos about 5G's effects on the battery and if 5G can even be turned off in the phone or if 5G radiation could possibly be more potent than 4G.

Attached: johnathan.gif (326x250, 626K)

>Rog phone
That's a piece of shit in its own right though.

meh, decent specs and no notch

i want off the android/apple bandwagon
is pic related the way to go?
or some obscure (non-existent) linux phone?

Attached: nokia_3310_4g_2.png (1052x1152, 1.02M)

Sony XA2 with SailfishOS

6T or view 20?

OP7

No, it won't drain your battery

5G will drain the battery faster, but it's not like you'll be forced to use it, all you have to do is set 4G as a preferred connection in the settings, the same way you can do with current phones.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: a80-2.webm (720x1280, 1.38M)

>man ever use ''selfie'' camera
buying it now

I embrace the return of phones with slidy bits

cool but impractical. too many moving parts desu

Xiaomi.eu is a MIUI-based custom ROM, see here for download link and list of differences vs official Xiaomi Global ROM:
xiaomi.eu/community/threads/9-3-28.49842/

Yes, the first generation 5G modems aren't very efficient yet and will drain more battery. That's why Mi Mix 3 5G and Galaxy S10 5G come with a bigger battery than the regular versions do. You don't have to keep 5G turned on though if you don't need the 5G speeds, like the other user said.

So if I just set it to 4G (which is more than enough for video watching or anything at this point, i'm not upload a fucking portfolio) then I basically get a massive battery with no drawbacks?

I'm planning to buy S10e from Amazon DE since it's way cheaper than any of my local stores, but I'm confused what the 'German version' means. I thought they had one version for EU as whole? I live in another EU country and I thought it wouldn't be an issue. Are there some weird SIM restrictions?

Yup, the same way you could set your current phone to 3G.

no all european sim cards are same
german means its on german by default so turks can flex it when they go and visit papa osman

>da jus
Whatever helps you alleviate the moral responsibility of being part of a nation destroying the world and humanity, kiddo.

Don't buy the Exnyos version unless you want inferior performance, battery life and cameras. Get the SD855 version with model number SM-G9700. You can find it on Ebay or eGlobal Central.

Wonder how cases will work on this pos or if I could disable the selfie camera entirely through the ui

Attached: gsmarena_031.jpg (727x446, 43K)

Oh it's FHD max, nevermind

Good if it's anything like the Mi Mix 3 where the sliding mechanism is powered by small magnets.

yea its really cheap and good value for money.
posts like these look like shilling desu

Just don't open it, I'd say

>selfie-cameras
when does this meme stop? can we just get a good phone instead?

it's motorized

Pocomeme

Using cases
>

im considering buying the global redmi note 7 so i can use it on mint in the US. i plan to unlock the thing and flash pixlel experience on it, any recommendations under the 300 dollar range that would do me better? i care about is decent performance, very good battery, 1080p display (ips, oled, doesnt matter), ability to root, and a decent camera setup