Backdoor-free mini computer

I use a Raspberry Pi as a NAS. It's failing, and the poor performance is killing me.

Any recommendations? I want my next system to be libre, i.e. no IME or PSP CPU. Money is not an issue.

Pic related, basically this but without the Intel backdoor.

Attached: nuc.jpg (900x705, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/checkthisout/32974556044.html
aliexpress.com/item/ifyouwantmorethan1gbofram/32951803129.html
youtube.com/watch?v=f-hiEF0HjTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just buy a librebootable thinkpad and use it instead.

Attached: 1554634574857.jpg (1068x779, 354K)

librebooted x200 with a docking station

Libreboot X200/T400/T500

Attached: stickers.jpg (1922x1282, 938K)

>I use a Raspberry Pi as a NAS. It's failing, and the poor performance is killing me.
no shit it probably doesn't have gigabit lan

Either get the cheapest workstation available (Dell optiplex or whatever)or get an orange pi.
It has gigabit Ethernet. I get consistent 70mb/s transfer speeds.

>I use a Raspberry Pi as a NAS. It's failing, and the poor performance is killing me.
Imagine my shock.

OP here. Thanks for the suggestions so far. Though, is there something that is not a laptop? Laptops aren't particularly energy-efficient, and I don't want to rape a battery for five years straight. And when visitors gaze upon a half-disassembled laptop without a screen running somewhere in the corner, they may search my apartment for my tinfoil hats.

tl;dr: bonus points for mini computers

Don't disassemble it, just set it to keep running when you shut the lid, plug it into the wall, take out the battery, and let it sit on the shelf somewhere out of the way.

> Backdoor-free
> No backdoors
> Intel
Something ain't right here

How do you expect to poop if you don't have a "backdoor"? Silly Jow Forums!

Attached: backdoor.jpg (1803x2034, 328K)

My laptop is running with battery, always save me when electricity fail, think that as a built in upc. I bought it as used and can charge only half or less than a half, and today keep same capacity anyway, when charge is low laptop enter in suspend state. Easy.

>Broadcom
Nope. That is back door

orange pi
it has gibabit ethernet
also check this out
aliexpress.com/item/checkthisout/32974556044.html
(put freebsd on it and a usd wifi card)

The aliexpress link only have 1gb of ram and I don't know how much is the max ram on it is.
This is a bit better
aliexpress.com/item/ifyouwantmorethan1gbofram/32951803129.html

youtube.com/watch?v=f-hiEF0HjTo
as long as you are not gaming and use an older os you can use it as a stand alone pc.

There's tons of single board computer and micro controllers like pi/arduino, whether they aren't backdoored well idk. Find one with what you want then research. No matter what anyone tells you on here research it yourself.

nothing is backdoor-free
grow up idiot

Especially something made by intel

Fanless thin clients work well as home servers. I got pic related hp t630 for 100 currencies. 2x DDR4 slots, 2x M.2 slots, wifi built in, gigabit, AMD Bristol Ridge quad core CPU@ 2GHz, runs Debian, works good.

Attached: hp_t630.jpg (350x331, 36K)

The cheapest NUC has a low-end CPU so it doesn't have ME.